Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

Enough is Enough I say....Pirates need to end this BS chat with Nationals, we been screwed over way to many times and all this crawling and finger pointing on who pissed in someone elses cornflakes needs to end..just makes Pirates look weak and whiny

Pirates will always be seen as the bad guy and that will always be a NATs excuse, so enough is enough BLACK needs to go back to the old days and be BLACK...screw the Nats is my saying

Edited by Mike the Mongel
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

for those of you guys that dont know why everyone dislikes Benny and his group so much (Taurus being his right hand man) here is why. 

I think we can all agree on that part, but we won't go out of our way to kill a nation just cause of one or two players.

On to the morning news.

Les Cayes Port Battle Deep Water:   1 Pirate vs ? US/BRITS

The one pirate wasn't even suppose to pop in but you can call it scouting if you like.   We waited until after the battle and ambushed a group on the way back to La Navas.  10 Pirates vs 11 US/Brits counting AI on both sides.  Our side lost 2 ships.  Myself in and Endy (the gift one) and one AI.   The Brits/US we fought had one ship sanked, 7 captured and three escapes.

Thanks for the three chest we go guys.  I think it was one each of the Notes, but sorry no BP's and we did get some nifty paints.   It was a good fight though and I found I hate that gift Endy now cause it turns worse than a Trinc.  Figure I bring it out and test it but yah I think that thing is getting broke up lol

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

just thought id post something we could all agree on and get a chuckle out of before we plunge deep into this oncoming pirate resurgence 

re·sur·gence
rəˈsərjəns/
noun

1. an increase or revival after a period of little activity, popularity, or occurrence.
    "a resurgence of interest in religion"
    synonyms: renewal, revival, recovery, comeback, reawakening, resurrection, reappearance, reemergence, regeneration; More

Really?  So your saying we are getting a bunch of recruits or something cause I don't see our numbers going up any time fast other than in ya'll little imaginary world.  Than again folks are getting bored and leaving there nations or thinking about it so it might just happen.  Keep up the good work guys the Tri-Alliance is really working...lol

Windward from last night ended up being 9 versus 8 and was over in 45 minutes.  No ships sunk, but some good brawls.  4 French, 4 Swedes, 1 Dane.  We had a mortar brig, 2-3 of the GB side headed in the direction of the MB, and we ended up with a nice brawl in one of the circles while protecting the MB.  The game ended before anyone was sunk, but JG14-para would have sunk in minutes if the 1,000 score wasn't reached. 

Windward_jan_30_2017.jpg

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Windward from last night ended up being 9 versus 8 and was over in 45 minutes.  No ships sunk, but some good brawls.  4 French, 4 Swedes, 1 Dane.  We had a mortar brig, 2-3 of the GB side headed in the direction of the MB, and we ended up with a nice brawl in one of the circles while protecting the MB.  The game ended before anyone was sunk, but JG14-para would have sunk in minutes if the 1,000 score wasn't reached. 

Windward_jan_30_2017.jpg

I guess the Americans didn't get the memo?  Well that and a few Brits.  Good work glad to see ya'll got a crafting region now.  Sorry it took that long though as we would of gave it to ya'll sooner.

It was nice to have a battle with fairly even numbers.  In don't like empty PB's, nor do I like getting crushed in them.  We'd talked before the battle about abandoning if 15+ GB/USA players showed up... fortunately we didn't need Plan B - run...

We have a few people who had never been in a PB - so good experience for them.  I think the GB/USA players were more interested in PvP, than trying to retain the port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElricTheTwo said:

It was nice to have a battle with fairly even numbers.  In don't like empty PB's, nor do I like getting crushed in them.  We'd talked before the battle about abandoning if 15+ GB/USA players showed up... fortunately we didn't need Plan B - run...

We have a few people who had never been in a PB - so good experience for them.  I think the GB/USA players were more interested in PvP, than trying to retain the port.

I think if more fights where even numbers more folks will have fun and it will get more folks into doing them and not just crushing one side.  To me that fighting a small odds would get boring fast.  That and I think a lot of the new players would enjoy it and get better experience in fights if we keep some of them more even and small.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:
re·sur·gence
rəˈsərjəns/
noun

1. an increase or revival after a period of little activity, popularity, or occurrence.
    "a resurgence of interest in religion"
    synonyms: renewal, revival, recovery, comeback, reawakening, resurrection, reappearance, reemergence, regeneration; More

Really?  So your saying we are getting a bunch of recruits or something cause I don't see our numbers going up any time fast other than in ya'll little imaginary world.  Than again folks are getting bored and leaving there nations or thinking about it so it might just happen.  Keep up the good work guys the Tri-Alliance is really working...lol

revival after a period of little activity.... thats literally all i am saying there. slow down m8

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

revival after a period of little activity.... thats literally all i am saying there. slow down m8

But but but but we where going to get an increase after little activity.....dang it was thinking maybe a sudden increase of rerolls or new players. I'll just head back to the dark waters of Kidd's island and drink my rum.

15 hours ago, Axel said:

I scared everyone off from Castries. Sorry B)

631F794EF8F0F3544DD88F1990B2093180C346DE

Since you posted the Screen I'll do the post off it.

Castries Lineship Port Battle - 23 Pirates (24 at last moment) vs 25 Dutch/Us (17 Dutch/8 Us).

The brits brought a fleet to screen and I heard it was over 10 ships per count and I'm not sure how many US/Dutch didn't make it in as we did have a count of around 10 ships for the US.   We had a group of Danes and French show up for screening to help us.   We had good wind and as soon as the port battle started we capped A and than split our grouped for about 5 going one way "C"  and the rest to "B"  as we saw the forces split close to that on the other side.  We captured three points and there was some broad sides exchanged near the end but all three circles where capped out to 1K points and the Pirates where able to hold the port.  Wind was in our favor, but than we didn't pick the port battle time so that was on the Dutch of when they flipped the port and they could of came into the battle from different points to get better wind.

I want to say thanks to the none BLACK pirates that showed up for the defense and to Storm Crow and Steel Rat that popped in at the last moment to just do the port battle even though they don't play any more.   WE have no clue who TurgidOne is as we never seen him before. Though we suspect he's prob one of the PvP1 French players or former brit player.

And a reminder to Axl CHANGE YOUR CRAFTING PERKS NEXT TIME. Duncan was board fit and forgot to reset his officer for boarding too.  So don't fell bad.  We got into a habit to tell every one to check your officers before you exit for battles.

I'm not sure what the prime top number was but we hit over 170 during the port battle time when you rarely see it over 100 any more during our prime time.  I think this would get better if we could fight more in our prime time.   Though nice to see that many online.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

Just now, Marrius said:

yeah and you never know some might have burnt themselves out of the game and just needed a break.

That is what happend to most of the BLACK clan members we use to have 15-20 on every night easly.  Now we are lucky to get 5-10 unless we call folks up and bug the crap out of them.   Than fill in the extra numbers with the Mort Rats and that is pretty much the same guys you see over and over.  That and we stopped dual boxing too, for the most part.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That is what happend to most of the BLACK clan members we use to have 15-20 on every night easly.  Now we are lucky to get 5-10 unless we call folks up and bug the crap out of them.   Than fill in the extra numbers with the Mort Rats and that is pretty much the same guys you see over and over.  That and we stopped dual boxing too, for the most part.

Yeah the clan I was apart of quit around the alliance between US and GB happened. They said it lost all fun then. The rest left at around fine woods. Back when that clan started it was great. Lot of back and forth easy to find a battle and to find a safe place to trade. I stuck around solo for a few months and slowly came close to stop playing. Holiday break I picked it back up, saw the politics and its rubbish, finally decided to stop being just an on looker and make a change, formed Reichsflotte. With a cause and now a Kaiser who has our full support we are planning for the long run. Clan growing rapidly with talent. Did lose two guys to pirates though. Duncan Agnew and Wreck Em. Best wishes to them both. 

Edited by Marrius

11 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I want to say thanks to the none BLACK pirates that showed up for the defense and to Storm Crow and Steel Rat that popped in at the last moment to just do the port battle even though they don't play any more.   WE have no clue who TurgidOne is as we never seen him before. Though we suspect he's prob one of the PvP1 French players.  

I'm not sure what the prime top number was but we hit over 170 during the port battle time when you rarely see it over 100 any more during our prime time.  I think this would get better if we could fight more in our prime time.   Though nice to see that many online.

Want to add to these points that I honestly think our side as well got folks out of the woodwork to join the PB. I mean Axel and myself were pretty much notified last minute to get our butts online and sail over.

Win or lose, the Port Battles are the only guaranteed action we are going to get on PvP2 server, and past all the salt and annoyances people have AND the fact no one sank, it was enjoyable to do something in NA for once.

Really though, both sides had similar forces within the PB and outside screening. I assume there was a lot of coordinating and pushing for folks who don't play often to be on at this time on both sides. It shows that we all can actually bring forth the numbers. Some people may just be more active then others.

Just now, Teutonic said:

Want to add to these points that I honestly think our side as well got folks out of the woodwork to join the PB. I mean Axel and myself were pretty much notified last minute to get our butts online and sail over.

Win or lose, the Port Battles are the only guaranteed action we are going to get on PvP2 server, and past all the salt and annoyances people have AND the fact no one sank, it was enjoyable to do something in NA for once.

Really though, both sides had similar forces within the PB and outside screening. I assume there was a lot of coordinating and pushing for folks who don't play often to be on at this time on both sides. It shows that we all can actually bring forth the numbers. Some people may just be more active then others.

It was like 178 logged on during the port battle so I'm going to bet a lot of folks came out that don't normally log on. I don't know who all was out side that the Danes tagged, but by our count there was about 10 or more in a fleet.  It helped for us that a lot of guys us that port for Silver and I actually expected more of the Mort Rats to have shown up, but that just a sign the numbers aren't what they use to be or what every one thinks the Pirates have.   I'm really getting tired of folks saying we have the numbers.   They just can't get it in there head we aren't the same Pirates from back 3-4 months ago.   Even back than we where way out number by US and Brits.  

Instead of attacking low pop nations though they need to attack each other (US/Brits) .  Even better take those multi green dots and tell us which ones they don't care about and lets fight over those.

Yah it was a nice turn out, but folks need to get it in there head that it won't happen every night and if you want that nice of a turn out the battles need to be during prime time for all US not just one time zones.   US and Brits like to do theirs early EST eves when most players on PST aren't even home from work.  Since we can't match there numbers at those times we do the SEA/AUS flips to get a better more even match up in PB's.

30 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah it was a nice turn out, but folks need to get it in there head that it won't happen every night and if you want that nice of a turn out the battles need to be during prime time for all US not just one time zones.   US and Brits like to do theirs early EST eves when most players on PST aren't even home from work.

It isn't even really the best EST times. I am usually just getting out of work or out of a class for my second degree. As much as people think it is because I love pirates and/or an alt, I just do not plan to rush home, get on, rush to the battle, and have a high chance of not even reap the rewards because there are too many US and Dutch at the battle getting in (if PB is GB) or get caught in the screen which on PvP2 is a legit tactic and not ridiculous as it is at PvP1.

Edited by Marrius

39 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

pushing for folks who don't play often to be on at this time on both sides. Some people may just be more active then others.

this^

A few people in Black have been working really hard to get a few people back for some of these PBs but most of these are just one offs.  We are lucky to have them when they can show but we can't depend on them.

38 minutes ago, Marrius said:

It isn't even really the best EST times. I am usually just getting out of work or out of a class for my second degree. As much as people think it is because I love pirates and/or an alt, I just do not plan to rush home, get on, rush to the battle, and have a high chance of not even reap the rewards because there are too many US and Dutch at the battle getting in (if PB is GB) or get caught in the screen which on PvP2 is a legit tactic and not ridiculous as it is at PvP1.

Exactly to me 5-6 is get home, have dinner and do some family time for most folks  That is why we use to do the flags around 8-10 CST so it was more rounded and better time for folks to be on.  They really need to fix the port timer thing so we can have later fights.  They know it and Ink has even addressed me they are WORKING on a solution.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Exaclty to me 5-6 is get home, have dinner and do some family time for most folks  That is why we use to do the flags around 8-10 CSt so it was more rounded and better time for folks to be one.  ...

Yep.  I get my kids home from care between 6 and 6:30; after getting through cleaning up the lunches, going through their activity folders with them, making/serving dinner, cleaning up, it's near 8 already and I'm still in work clothes.  Impossible to attend any battle before 8, especially if I had to sail there.  Working stiffs with kids aint attending anything at unreasonable hours.