Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

9 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Bullet Log .. if time read my STEAM guide "Penetration, Armor and Structure". Last paragraph it tells you how to extract it in a useful notepad. Its actually the screen dump of the CTRL+L function in Battle, but much easier to read. For me I read it after every battle win lose or draw....Its only for your last battle only....

I read your guide Norfolk.  Well done and very informative. ;)

Jean,

thanks! once you get used to using it regularly information starts popping out left right and center... The example attack I did on Ned and Lone really opened my eyes seeing it in Practice. Like Sir Texas's load out mix seems at first odd but then makes kinda sense. Remember he has experience over me so I need more statistical proof due to it not being intuitively obvious yet. I'm noticing the increase in fires again creeping back into the game, leak ratio increases occurring and Crew refusing to move into survival mode. These were all issues a while back that had being fixed...

This loadout is more or less a replicated Fireship mod now...

SoL medium Gun load outs in combinations of Permanent Mods like Improved Mag Access with Regular Mods such as Rum Rations and Charismatic Busan. Add the an Officer Perk to reload times and bang... What happens if you over stress the cannons the chance they catch increases. In an SoL this amplifies with many decks of multi medium loads. Two to three broadside each side over a short period stresses the chances...

The long cannon gives time for the gun to cool down even with the reload buffs...

extra note... the Crew refusing to move could be "FIRE SHOCK" after a cannon pop. Somethings hard to see your warning on the Right side of the screen.

Norfolk

Easiest way to learn is just get in there and fight.  Don't be afraid to lose because in losing we learn by our mistakes....can I be any more cliche?  Experiment with different loadouts, mix the ships up in your fleet, and learn some different maneuvers. Everything in Naval Action is a path towards ships fighting ships.  There are way too many people missing out on the fun because they think that there is more to the game than there really is.  It's just that simple.

• Like 2

More players are surfacing for France - some new, some old faces.  Linguine Mike and Train54 were both playing earlier today.  More new players just joined the SINK clan - 14 of us now.  Who wants to make the move to France on PvP2 and help balance the nations?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Tis true Ned,

but now I can prove statistically I'm rubbish....!!!

Hint the reason I don't want a dang leader board.  Than folks might find out I actually suck at this game.  I have all ways said I'm about average (well maybe slightly above).  I know I suck when it's 1 vs 1 for the most part, but I tend to work best in a group to feed off each other strength and weakness.  I missed the Savanna port battle cause I needed some sleep, but I'll have to check out the log thing next time I'm in a fight.  I hate that it's gone after the fight so you can't really go back and look at things like that.  I will admit I like to capture folks ships to see what they make them out of and the basic set up not counting any mods they might have put on them.  

50 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

More players are surfacing for France - some new, some old faces.  Linguine Mike and Train54 were both playing earlier today.  More new players just joined the SINK clan - 14 of us now.  Who wants to make the move to France on PvP2 and help balance the nations?

Good news for the game! Even tho that means I'll probably lose another mortar brig to you. Cheers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Tis true Ned,

but now I can prove statistically I'm rubbish....!!!

But you said that you were in a green connie. If you up against top players you need top gear. Nothing less than gold. There is half of the answer and why you sucked in this battle. Get a habbit of only sailing gold mate. Then pick a ship of your style and stick to it. Better still sail all of them for at least few days. Get to know your ship. Every time you jump on board of a new ship its another introduction. You might not like her. She might not like you. But if you find your true love you will be together forever.

Its when you no longer have to time your ship doing various task, like turning, tacking, reloading etc.. Or watch enemy ship to know what he is doing. Or when your manual sail is like you drive manual gear car - you no longer thinking about it. When you naturally win wind positioning etc etc. 

Thats when NA becomes a hard game, because looking for worthy opponents will become your main day to day routine.

Good luck buddy. Never say you are rubbish. Always say that you are fast learner and learn. Keep you mind and your sails open mate.

Sail dangerously

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Glad to hear that the french are gaining a couple players. I may try and entice some folks to play again who were part of the french nation way back when, but no promises.

I don't mean to sour the growth of france, but careful who you trust. I'm not sure how it is right now but for a while the french nation was controlled by alts vote manipulating...course with no clear evidence, it's all hearsay.

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

Good news for the game! Even tho that means I'll probably lose another mortar brig to you. Cheers. 

please make it a gold one next time....  I hate capping nasty green ships.  :D  You should have mentioned it, I would have turned around in disgust.

55 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Glad to hear that the french are gaining a couple players. I may try and entice some folks to play again who were part of the french nation way back when, but no promises.

I don't mean to sour the growth of france, but careful who you trust. I'm not sure how it is right now but for a while the french nation was controlled by alts vote manipulating...course with no clear evidence, it's all hearsay.

There are some alts.  I am aware of a couple of them.  They are not part of the clan so I don't see when they are on until they post in National chat.

We are very scattered across time zones - so it's difficult to get many players on at the same time.  Mainland Europe,  the UK, Brazil, east and west coast USA/Canada, NZ and China.  France is very much the United Nations of Nations.

Edited by ElricTheTwo

1 minute ago, ElricTheTwo said:

please make it a gold one next time....  I hate capping nasty green ships.  :D  You should have mentioned it, I would have turned around in disgust.

Ah, but I didn't want you to get back to screening the PB more quickly and causing more trouble. (Although in all honesty, I didn't think to tell you it was green to have you back off.) I was trying to get over to my fleet ship -- a Niagra as I recall -- so that I could at least have some fun before sinking or surrendering. Unfortunately I'm not a good enough sailor yet to get that done in a hurry.

Fair winds.

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Players changing nations to France destroyed the nation at least twice that I can remember.

Chaps,

Off the cuff idea... I want to have an ELITE Green Connie fleet fight with BLACK.....

The All Stars Carebear Challenge Cup...

No Mods etc maybe 6 or 7 side Koltes, Sir Texas, Ned, Lone... Flipper Mixy Dru

good/bad ? not really? let me know if you want me to put some more thought into it?

Norfolk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Chaps,

Off the cuff idea... I want to have an ELITE Green Connie fleet fight with BLACK.....

good/bad ? not really? let me know if you want me to put some more thought into it?

Norfolk

Although I'm not usually interested in pre-arranged pvp, this does sound interesting.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Chaps,

Norfolk

Green Connie???
Not sure if i could bear it...

• Like 1

Hi Koltes,

"bear it" lol

No seriously this is ME being totally selfish. I need all on a level slate so I can see, question and analyze the data better.

I need BLACKs best to come and show ME how my ELITE Captains and I will... Hunt and trap you, Board you, Sink you and tactically out play you in battle in hopefully the not too distant future. The battle will not be filmed by us or talked about beyond ELITE. We want you to show us our future in PvP.

What if I suggest All Green Bucc's?

ouch .... all GOLD Buccs  at a push?

but remember we are still a young clan Koltes, that'll cost us a bit (and you are not going finance us) but if that brings you to the table I will talk to the boys  ?

no Mods perm or regs or Officer Perks of any kind. Plain Gold Vanilla, just gun load outs and repair kits... I could deck out 6-7 Elite. If you agreed to the Green Connie I would obviously supply you all with them(that doesn't sound much, but It would be for us).

Let me know what you think

regards

Norfolk.

Ships are replaceable. YOUR reputation may not be. 

Every port battle, I race our clan to be the first guy in there, as a leader I lead from the front no carebear crap. I want to be the guy firing the cannon balls first.

I came back from a break on the weekend and had a blast in the big port battle. Before the battle one of the guys said what you going to do Loco, I said charge at them, the Nelson call went up and we had a brawl.