Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

1 minute ago, PolishMartyr said:

I dont even get the updates. I have to leave the game and rejoin to see the changes.

The updates don't happen for everyone at once. They seem to be doled out at intervals to one player at a time, probably to save server bandwidth and keep lag down for critical realtime situations like battles. You exiting and rejoining is forcing it to update your map now.

On a separate note: Something that always irritates me are games that don't let you retrieve past notifications. You just catch something out of the corner of your eye while taking a swig of coffee and "Too bad, so sad... you missed it.  Hope it wasn't important!" How frikkin hard can it be to code in an option to retrieve the last half dozen in text form with time stamps?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

The updates don't happen for everyone at once. They seem to be doled out at intervals to one player at a time, probably to save server bandwidth and keep lag down for critical realtime situations like battles. You exiting and rejoining is forcing it to update your map now.

On a separate note: Something that always irritates me are games that don't let you retrieve past notifications. You just catch something out of the corner of your eye while taking a swig of coffee and "Too bad, so sad... you missed it.  Hope it wasn't important!" How frikkin hard can it be to code in an option to retrieve the last half dozen in text form with time stamps?

Especially when there is a log already for the buy, sell, trade messages. Just add it there. :/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I believe this is why we need some sort of alerting system in game that warns us of a certain port has hostility activity there. I believe all the NPC merchants and fleets would certainly notify the next port, being able to pass information of said activity. I don't want it to be an exact marker on the map, but rather a generalized area notification. Just pop up a notice saying, "Hostile action is being taken against [certain] Region in the vicinity of [certain] port." Would be neat if it popped up in a letter format image and was found in the menu system. But I guess, as is, we need to do is watch for it to update every 15 minutes :/

Pvp events needs to go. Each finished hostility mission that raised hostility needs to place half square orange circle that gets blurred as time time goes by (1hour). This is the last known location of the enemy. All hostility missions have different join mechanic. All battles to stay open indefinite time. Remove teleport to friendly port. Timer to open world expires in 5 mins but instead of preventing you to enter OW it kicks you out to it. Give people same rewards to sinking ships. Drop leaderboard.

People will have to start working together and get more organised to raise hostility. Doing this alone will be asking to get sunk. Doing this without having spotters outside battle will be asking to get sunk. Doing this pulling all missions in the same spot for saving time will be asking to get sunk. 

Give players same rewards (ship chest and paint) for sinking enemy ships. Each 200 points of the current kill/assist count system gives rewards. Rewards are granted to attackers only when hostility is up to 100%. Rewards are granted to defenders only when they completely removed hostility. 

There you have it. Player created content, conquest and pve event brought together in the finest manner.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

Little Harbor shallow water Pirates vs US Port Battle.   13 Pirates vs 25+ US/Brits/Dutch (mostly US as they had 21?)

We where actually expecting less numbers than the last port battles.  Seem US can field more than Brits for sure, but with it set an hour after server up time we where hoping to give folks a better cahnge to log in and get there too.  We still want the port timers fixed cause we can't do them in US prime time right now and we just can't fight 35+.  I was told that there was several US/BRITS/DUTCH that did not make it into the battle.  Either way we Pirates tried to hold the cap zones B&C until the US force came into them.  We fought them there until the captured points hit 1000 and battle was over.  The lost where in capture zone B which had our smaller force even though I think we where pretty much split equal between the two.  I as told a few of the US force in C was close to being sunk but the US did a good job of protecting those ships once they got low on damage.  I haven't heard of any reports of how many where caught out side the port battle afterwards but I do know of a few US//Brits that were caught out side the marsh harbor zone and sunk.  Think they where late arrivals for the port battle.   It was over pretty so that isn't surprising.

It's this slot better than right at server restart?  Cause we where going to push Cap Fran to about the same time or maybe an hour or two later as it's prime time for our SEA/AUS players, but we had a few folks (not involved with the flip) jump on right during server up time and while others where getting ready for port battle and flip it.  We had plan to go there after the port battle and finish it.  If ya'll want better prime time spots than y'all need to not counter and let us flip in the eve.

I'm going to continue to post port battles and encourage others to do  the same with a little report of what happen.   I think this is key to let folks know the truth about the numbers. I keep hearing folks say PIRATES ARE ZERGING us and come with 35+ when in truth it's the other nations fielding those numbers when they attack us.  We been lucky to get around 10-15 most battles with the highest 19 other than Kidds, but that was a major econ port and our last stand.  We are going to throw every thing we can at that port every time it's attacked as we expect any nation to do when they are down to one port or it's there major/only really zone to build ships.

Next port battle is Windward Brtis vs Pirates during a more prime time.  We will see ya'll  there and hopefully give a decent fight.  Was more hoping that the French or a small nations would of flipped it so they had something to build in, but hay it's not one we care for so bring the fight.

Little Harbor.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

So how about this: For someone to do the best that they can to be objective and not biased - What is the political situation on PvP2? Who's allied to who?

As an old bittervet I would like to know.

Politics tab will show, but this is what I see atm:
US + BR
US + VG
SV + DN (+ PI)
SV + FR (+ PI)

Don't know the rest

• Like 1

Saitn John's Lineship Pirates vs US Port Battle.   13 Swedes/Danes vs 23 Dutch/US

Swedes held B and A from start.  As you can see way out number and there was some fighting in C.   Danes brought some fire ships and did little damage. Never have seen them used to much good.   Again any one bitching about Swedes and Dane bring so many to there port battle needs to shut up cause the other side did pretty much the same thing just now.   You pick your fights when you can win them.  I'm sure there will be more and more lop sided fights.  Though if you remove all the US players it would of been more equal numbers.  As I counted 8 US players. So Dutch would still have out number the Dane/Swedes.  The end was Dutch held all three cap points and reached 1000 pts.

20170117204617_1.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Was just thinking we should prob make a PvP2 port battle result thread and add them to that only are would ever one just prefer we keep it to this one?

WE could keep this one, but the OP doesn't seem to edit any more. If you start a thread, I'm certain we will follow along. Up to you mate, but this one is already pinned to the top.

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

Politics tab will show, but this is what I see atm:
US + BR
US + VG
SV + DN (+ PI)
SV + FR (+ PI)

Don't know the rest

What about SPAIN?  POOR POOR LITTLE SPAIN.

Pirates pretty much just want to help the little guys right now.  We don't have the numbers we had and well the zerg thing was hurting the server more than anything and most of those players are gone now that wanted that.   Considering we have only three regions not counting our capital .  Would be nice if we can give the small nations a few regions to keep and stop there.  Than pick a few regions that aren't important to any one and fight over those to get port battle until the server population grows more.  Right now having two large nations not fighting each other and three of them pretty much all ways in an alliance is killing the game and server.  

US should pick two small nations to help out and have an alliance with them.  Brits and Dutch should pick a one also.  Though the second can be one of the larger nations, but they shouldn't have a three way.  This will allow more folks to fight in the OW and help the little guys out too.  Since pirates can't do alliance we pretty much have said we will screen for the little guys when we can.   And of course keep what little resources we have at this time and maybe get a buffer back around Mort of the regions we owned after patch.   

I think it's funny every time some one with only a few regions tries to get another the powers houses freak out and crush the.  Hell France wasn't even attacking any one and US crushed them.  That is not helping the game. It only runs off players and until we can get that in the heads of the old timers it's never going to change.  TO many folks have old grudges against others for things that happen 6-9 months or even a year ago.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

WE could keep this one, but the OP doesn't seem to edit any more. If you start a thread, I'm certain we will follow along. Up to you mate, but this one is already pinned to the top.

Yah I liked that it's pinned so folks can just pop in and check the battle results.  Need folks to post the ones I'm not in or can't get screen shots for.  Folks have been pretty good about posting screen shots after battles that I can post, but I don't know what all goes on in all the fights.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I'm surprised anyone would side with Badbenny, especially the Danes and Pirates after all the shit talking he did in global everyday way back when.
 He must be truly desparate.

It just shows folks can sat aside there difference and work together.  oh don't get us wrong we will still sink the crap out of each other in the OW.  We made that very clear to Badbenny

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

What about SPAIN?  POOR POOR LITTLE SPAIN.

Pirates pretty much just want to help the little guys right now.  We don't have the numbers we have and well the zerg thing was hurting the server more than anything and most of those players are gone now that wanted that.   Considering we have only three regions not counting our capital .  Would be nice if we can give the small nations a few regions to keep and stop there.  Than pick a few regions that aren't important to any one and fight over those to get port battle until the server population grows more.  Right now having two large nations not fighting each other and three of them pretty much all ways in an alliance is killing the game and server.  

US should pick two small nations to help out and have an alliance with them.  Brits and Dutch should pick a one also.  Though the second can be one of the larger nations, but they shouldn't have a three way.  This will allow more folks to fight in the OW and help the little guys out too.  Since pirates can't do alliance we pretty much have said we will screen for the little guys when we can.   And of course keep what little resources we have at this time and maybe get a buffer back around Mort of the regions we owned after patch.   

I think it's funny every time some one with only a few regions tries to get another the powers houses freak out and crush the.  Hell France wasn't even attacking any one and US crushed them.  That is not helping the game. It only runs off players and until we can get that in the heads of the old timers it's never going to change.  TO many folks have old grudges against others for things that happen 6-9 months or even a year ago.

The Dutch are still willing to work with the Swedes and French. Our intent was below, until rogue Swedes did the unthinkable...
O8Q1xTr.jpg

So now, all treaties are on hold, until further notice.

10 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

The Dutch are still willing to work with the Swedes and French. Our intent was below, until rogue Swedes did the unthinkable...
O8Q1xTr.jpg

So now, all treaties are on hold, until further notice.

Did you ever think the Swedes might give those to France?   Why are you stepping in?  Sounds like what US use to do.  Oh we are keeping the port from you so you won't take it.  Than they never give it to any one.   Specially if they are in an alliance with them? Which by looks at current votes  might still happen.  But no ya'll have to jump right back on your war wagon and attack back.  How about you just leave that zone alone and let them figure out there own affairs.  It's not like ya'll are getting anything attacked south of that dutch line. Well didn't until you attacked this region.  Remember every action gets a reaction.  If you just stop sticking you nose into other people business they might just work things out there own.  Hell we even told the French if they want windward they can have it, but brits had to rush over and grind it back up.  We plan to give it back to them once we get another source of silver, which we can't cause US owns all the extra silver and won't give us back our silver.  It's not like they don't have two other regions that produce silver.

30 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

我惊讶的是,任何人都会与Badbenny一起,特别是丹麦人和海盗,所有的狗屎说他在全球日常的方式回来。
 他必须真正绝望。

No,I refuse to cooperate with bedbenny, but the arrival of the new Swede has allowed us to work with Sweden 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Did you ever think the Swedes might give those to France?   Why are you stepping in?  Sounds like what US use to do.  Oh we are keeping the port from you so you won't take it.  Than they never give it to any one.   Specially if they are in an alliance with them? Which by looks at current votes  might still happen.  But no ya'll have to jump right back on your war wagon and attack back.  How about you just leave that zone alone and let them figure out there own affairs.  It's not like ya'll are getting anything attacked south of that dutch line. Well didn't until you attacked this region.  Remember every action gets a reaction.  If you just stop sticking you nose into other people business they might just work things out there own.  Hell we even told the French if they want windward they can have it, but brits had to rush over and grind it back up.  We plan to give it back to them once we get another source of silver, which we can't cause US owns all the extra silver and won't give us back our silver.  It's not like they don't have two other regions that produce silver.

We couldn't leave it to the French nor Swedes because of what I said, the rogue Swede who used those ports to build war supplies and bomb the shit out of us for no reason other than an old vendetta against ex-Brits who are now Dutch.

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

because its a war supply port and they attack our home ports at 3am. so we are going to retaliate when we can thats why. 

1 minute ago, OneEyedSnake said:

because its a war supply port and they attack our home ports at 3am. so we are going to retaliate when we can thats why. 

There is no such thing as a war supply port per say.  I can take my trader with smuggler flag and go get every thing to make them.  How the hell you think we keep attacking Little harbor.  There are tons of ports around there that don't belong to us that we get all the supplies from so that is kinda a lame excuse to take ports from a nation on the other side of the map.  Not only that US has not offered to give them back since.   If you can't deal with 3 am port battles with 3-4 players than maybe you need to recruit some more players of other time zones?  It's a world wide game after all.   

Your home port? I have yet to see anything until just recently attack down south so what exactly is your home ports?  You have 12 regions and no one has attacked any where near your capital or any of the main south ones.  

6 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

We couldn't leave it to the French nor Swedes because of what I said, the rogue Swede who used those ports to build war supplies and bomb the shit out of us for no reason other than an old vendetta against ex-Brits who are now Dutch.

You do understand war supplies only grinds it to 50% right?  That means they have to physically do the rest. If you can't stop them and counter bomb it down than that is ya'll problem.  And up till the Dane alliance you just needed a few guys to show up and beat them.  Sounds like a bunch of lame excuses to not let other grow.  Again I can take a trader and smuggler flag and go in and get those same items your talking about to make war supplies.  Owning it or not will not change a thing.