Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

Can't wait for the final wipe and full release.  Just sayin'.   gallery_21981_350_1386.gif

I really feel for you French and Swedish players. The game loses its fun when all the power is assembled in just a few factions.

I do hope, and I will go in greater detail in the development threads, I do hope that when full release comes out people progress will be wiped. Ranks, faction, and gold included. That way the playing field is even out between the alphas and new full release players, and some people wont feel bad if they change factions which hopefully will fill factions out like Spain, France, and Sweden.  In return for our dedicated service to play during a game in development we will receive a redeemable "alpha package."

Edited by PolishMartyr

2 hours ago, PolishMartyr said:

I really feel for you French and Swedish players. The game loses its fun when all the power is assembled in just a few factions.

I do hope, and I will go in greater detail in the development threads, I do hope that when full release comes out people progress will be wiped. Ranks, faction, and gold included. That way the playing field is even out between the alphas and new full release players, and some people wont feel bad if they change factions which hopefully will fill factions out like Spain, France, and Sweden.  In return for our dedicated service to play during a game in development we will receive a redeemable "alpha package."

You would think one of the larger nations would take them under there wings and help the.  I know if Pirates had alliances we would, but we aren't allowed to make them.  We have captured ports and gave them to smaller nations multi times through out the game to help there pop grow when we could.  It's US that seems to always take them down to one port as they don't care about any moral or health of the game.  It's not like they don't have over half the regions them self.  To be honest any normal game out there that had a decent healthy population you would see every one else join up to put US in it's place.  They really have gotten way to big for there own britches and the only thing folks do is just go with it and make care bear alliances. That is cause this game seems to be more geared in favor of the PvEr and not the PvPers.

To be honest every game i played on you got a full wipe of every thing before release.  Some allowed us early start with Open beta or something and keeping what we had from that point on.  Which was only like a few weeks to month at tops.  I do think having some players of rank will help kick start the econ and build ships when it goes live.  I do think they need to do an econ wipe when they do the ship wipe and reset all the regions so every one starts properly from scratch or with say a package to make up to a 1st rate and get some trade ships for free with a few fighting ships.  So we are all on the same page and can truely test the econ.  Give incentives to play in the other nations that way too.   Cause folks won't be tied to the stacks of stuff they collected up to day and ships since it was all wiped you would see more folks fill out the other nations too.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

To be honest every game i played on you got a full wipe of every thing before release.  Some allowed us early start with Open beta or something and keeping what we had from that point on.  Which was only like a few weeks to month at tops.  I do think having some players of rank will help kick start the econ and build ships when it goes live.  I do think they need to do an econ wipe when they do the ship wipe and reset all the regions so every one starts properly from scratch or with say a package to make up to a 1st rate and get some trade ships for free with a few fighting ships.  So we are all on the same page and can truely test the econ.  Give incentives to play in the other nations that way too.   Cause folks won't be tied to the stacks of stuff they collected up to day and ships since it was all wiped you would see more folks fill out the other nations too.

Yeah I would not mind a complete wipe either. The grind is not as horrendous as when I first joined a year ago almost. In a full release I feel like everyone should start on the same page. If not then only a slight head start for people that did play in the Alpha. That way new players in the first few weeks in not the first month do not feel like they cannot participate much in the game because of their rank and inability to get a stronger ship and participate in events or what-not. 

Edit: 

That is why if they do want to reward Alpha players in some matter a redeemable that provides experience, decent starting gold, and a decent ship like a Snow or Niagara. 

Edited by PolishMartyr

1 hour ago, PolishMartyr said:

Yeah I would not mind a complete wipe either. The grind is not as horrendous as when I first joined a year ago almost. In a full release I feel like everyone should start on the same page. If not then only a slight head start for people that did play in the Alpha. That way new players in the first few weeks in not the first month do not feel like they cannot participate much in the game because of their rank and inability to get a stronger ship and participate in events or what-not. 

Edit: 

That is why if they do want to reward Alpha players in some matter a redeemable that provides experience, decent starting gold, and a decent ship like a Snow or Niagara. 

EA players all got the Pickle BP an Niagara and a Renno ship to start out with when the game went live from EA.  That helped even though I was a starting player and couldn't use them, but something like that with one other being a trader would really be helpfull.  Not that I couldn't get into a bigger ship fast. I tested it on PvP1 with just a basic cutter and in 3-4 hours I had a Trader Snow I capped and used for tradering.  A LVG I bought, a Trinc I bought (both from store) and about 2-3 million in gold.  This all starting with 0 gold and a basic cutter.   With a clan that grind would be faster and than set up shops for every one you can have folks back into ships within a week or two.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

EA players all got the Pickle BP an Niagara and a Renno ship to start out with when the game went live from EA.  That helped even though I was a starting player and couldn't use them, but something like that with one other being a trader would really be helpfull.  Not that I couldn't get into a bigger ship fast. I tested it on PvP1 with just a basic cutter and in 3-4 hours I had a Trader Snow I capped and used for tradering.  A LVG I bought, a Trinc I bought (both from store) and about 2-3 million in gold.  This all starting with 0 gold and a basic cutter.   With a clan that grind would be faster and than set up shops for every one you can have folks back into ships within a week or two.

The one thing I feel that would help the server slightly if nothing at all is to have people re-select their factions. That way maybe some of these clans can be broken down or whole clans go to what are currently small factions.

People won't just go to a small faction, unless there is some incentive. There have been polls on this forum asking why people play a certain faction, and it's usually because of national pride (living there), a nation's historical significance, or they want to be a pirate. However, I suspect the biggest reason people won't change to a small nation is because they don't want to be wiped out every day, because human nature is to win. What people seem to forget, is that NA has no end game, there is no winning.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

People won't just go to a small faction, unless there is some incentive. There have been polls on this forum asking why people play a certain faction, and it's usually because of national pride (living there), a nation's historical significance, or they want to be a pirate. However, I suspect the biggest reason people won't change to a small nation is because they don't want to be wiped out every day, because human nature is to win. What people seem to forget, is that NA has no end game, there is no winning.

When I first started playing that was the usual response I got. I kind of wish they took this map back to the start of the Seven Years War or something. Before the United States became an actual independent nation. I am also fearful then that nothing will change on PvP2. The United States will be the largest faction again and just go through practically clears the map leaving people with only their capital regions.

Edited by PolishMartyr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

When I first started playing that was the usual response I got. I kind of wish they took this map back to the start of the Seven Years War or something. Before the United States became an actual independent nation.

It would be badass if we initially belonged to a nation, but if we chose, we could leave that nation and create our own nations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PolishMartyr said:

Edit: 

That didn't go over too well when I made that suggestion earlier in the forum....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

It would be badass if we initially belonged to a nation, but if we chose, we could leave that nation and create our own nations.

1 minute ago, PolishMartyr said:

I would love that

I think they toyed with that idea for a while when open world first happened, but decided not to go through with it. 

• Like 1

Just now, SirSamuelHood said:

I think they toyed with that idea for a while when open world first happened, but decided not to go through with it. 

Yeah I doubt it working as well. I assume it would be based along a clan system which would in turn return us back to where we are now if not in a worse situation.

1 minute ago, Jean Ribault said:

That didn't go over too well when I made that suggestion earlier in the forum....

When did they promise that? I remember being told about this before that we keep our gold and XP which personally I feel will have a negative effect upon the games release. Maybe crafting XP stays but not everything. The Devs can change their mind anytime they please. It might upset people and a few might leave but in the end the servers will be fine because there will be enough people, although grumbling, still cannot stop playing this game. 

9 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

Yeah I doubt it working as well. I assume it would be based along a clan system which would in turn return us back to where we are now if not in a worse situation.

There's also the hundreds of people proclaiming themselves king of britain to worry about

On 1/2/2017 at 5:07 PM, OneEyedSnake said:

you should come back, either help the swedes or re roll dutch, would love to have some good pvpers to get ready for whats coming haha. please. 

a couple of us already re-rolled Dutch. I'll hop in to check the scene every now and then but I don't know, is it worth playing still? do fights actually happen, or do we still have the "hide in battle for as long as possible" mechanic?

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

a couple of us already re-rolled Dutch. I'll hop in to check the scene every now and then but I don't know, is it worth playing still? do fights actually happen, or do we still have the "hide in battle for as long as possible" mechanic?

What faction were you before? You should have gone France, try to breeze some new life into them. Great Britain tend to leave them alone now.

Edited by PolishMartyr

Not exactly.  The USA and Dutch took the French back to just one region....  I would not call that leaving France alone.  Even after hollow promises to not take French regions, the Dutch took the last one anyway.  I hope they enjoyed their one-sided PB...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Not exactly.  The USA and Dutch took the French back to just one region....  I would not call that leaving France alone.  Even after hollow promises to not take French regions, the Dutch took the last one anyway.  I hope they enjoyed their one-sided PB...

It certainly was no fun, but was just a group test of ships and practice for brigs. I personally would like for the French to take it back and join in on the talks. We have good plans ahead.

11 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

ahIt certainly was no fun, but was just a group test of ships and practice for brigs. I personally would like for the French to take it back and join in on the talks. We have good plans ahead.

The issue is what French?  I appear to have been last French PvP player...  I was the sole French player in the previous 3 PB's (La Bahia twice 6:1, 7:1 and NO once 15:1), one of two French players when the Dutch/GB took Point-a-Pitre outnumbered 15:7 with the swedes helping...  The sole non-Pirate screener in one of their recent PB's with the carebears...  The few new French players who recently started in the past 4-6 weeks have all stopped playing - either switched servers, switched nations or quit the game. 

Edited by ElricTheTwo

3 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

The issue is what French?  I appear to have been last French PvP player...  I was the sole French player in the previous 3 PB's (La Bahia twice 6:1, 7:1 and NO once 15:1), one of two French players when the Dutch/GB took Point-a-Pitre outnumbered 15:7 with the swedes helping...  The sole non-Pirate screener in one of their recent PB's with the carebears...  The few new French players who recently started in the past 4-6 weeks have all stopped playing - either switched servers, switched nations or quit the game. 

We will need a call-out post in hopes of reaching some people for these talks. Maybe former Frenchmen will see and consider returning. I can be hopeful, if nothing else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

The few new French players who recently started in the past 4-6 weeks have all stopped playing - either switched servers, switched nations or quit the game. 

I have noticed this as well. I have set with my clan, Reichsflotte, to have it where any French, Swede, or Spanish player is off limits unless they engage first. I am unable to speak for all of Great Britain but I can for a decent portion.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

What faction were you before? You should have gone France, try to breeze some new life into them. Larger factions tend to leave them alone now.

Really?  USA and Dutch just rolled us after the New Year.  So we lost 66% of our territories after NY, and some other just prior to it.

BTW everyone pretty much left France pvp2, the nation chat is dead and there are no players to be seen.  Breathing new life by re-rolling might be pointless now.