Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

9 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Update, the swede-dutch skirmish war is coming to an end, with the Dutch taking the last of the ports that Sweden can directly use for their war supply insanity. Will the swede players show up to this battle, or will they see the dutch showed up, almost enter, then leave again? Next time on How Fast and Far Will Sweden Run, the answer to this question will be answered! 

Are you referring to Point-a-Pitre?

3 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Are you referring to Point-a-Pitre?

no, we took that from them, Basse Terre, they are allied with France in order to use the war supply items and regional bonus of speed in basse terre to make more war supplies and always run from us. We look forward to a great battle. hopefully. Especially with this new PB system

On 12/28/2016 at 3:38 AM, OneEyedSnake said:

he really hasnt. he has gotten worse actually. But hey, where did all of BORK go? 

Even worse they dragged french into that fight. I  know of a few that have left or rerolled.   Yah wonder where BORK went liked those guys.

Well looks like US is continue there little march.  Really wonder after Barcoass and maybe Kidds who they are going to crush next?   I mean guys they are the only ones gaining more and more regions while no one else gets any.  Think about it who will be next or it's going to get really really boring on this game.   I'm all ready thinking of doing the PvP1 switch myself.  

43 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Do that and we will disown you. You won't be our child any more. :D

I did reroll Sir Texas Sir on there cause i had him under a different name in US (cause I had rolled back from being pirate there when I became pirate on PvP2).  Though I'm in the good Red Coat navy now.  lol   I just can't play there cause the ping spikes are annoying.   They have the same issues we have during our prime time...no one to fight cause every one from US is US or Brit and they have an alliance, but if you show up as a Pirate you get rolled by half the server lol

• Like 1

Sir Texas, just reroll French here on pvp2.  You'll get used to being crushed on a regular basis, followed by another slow and painful rebuilding period.  Personally I haven't been playing NA lately though because I'm engaged in Civ 6 and Cities Skylines, both of which are also massive time consumers.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2016 at 9:25 AM, Jean Ribault said:

Sir Texas, just reroll French here on pvp2.  You'll get used to being crushed on a regular basis, followed by another slow and painful rebuilding period.  Personally I haven't been playing NA lately though because I'm engaged in Civ 6 and Cities Skylines, both of which are also massive time consumers.

I'm Pirate, why would I want to roll a National on PvP2?   I do think it's BS what they are doing to France by the US cause of the Swede/Dutch war.  That alliance is killing the game on PvP2 and going to prob run off a bunch of good players.  Though I'll have no problem helping the French get back on there feet and screen for them if we are free.  It's what good Privateers are handy at. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Come to the US nation on PVP1, we can use more experienced captains... PLEASE!!!

Nope not going to happen. I started US on PvP1 and it was the reason I moved to PvP2.  I'll just leave that one alone and not going through that again.  Not to mention the GB/US alliance means there pretty much isn't any one to fight during my prime time so it's kinda boring.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 4:38 AM, OneEyedSnake said:

he really hasnt. he has gotten worse actually. But hey, where did all of BORK go? 

Not playing anymore, those that still do went to PvP1, others are waiting for full release to see if the game is still worth playing.

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Not playing anymore, those that still do went to PvP1, others are waiting for full release to see if the game is still worth playing.

you should come back, either help the swedes or re roll dutch, would love to have some good pvpers to get ready for whats coming haha. please. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm Pirate, why would I want to roll a National on PvP2?   I do think it's BS what they are doing to France by the US cause of the Swede/Dutch war.  That alliance is killing the game on PvP2 and going to prob run off a bunch of good players.  Though I'll have no problem helping the French get back on there feet and screen for them if we are free.  It's what good Privateers are handy at. 

Texas, if you screen for them in force more than a couple players you know that triple alliance will not go away, its been outlined clearly what it will take to make it go away. Just lie low and dont do anything until after the war has started man! Thats what i meant by you guys showed your cards too soon. Everyone in that alliance save for the US has been wiped down to 1 port by a single pirate clan before. So of course we are all scared that you will ruin our gameplay again, and of course we arent going to allow that. Those that make it personal and still are going on with their old grudges need to get over it I agree. But the dutch are in this alliance not for personal reasons, but for protection reasons. If Black comes back when we are about to all go to war like you did last time, and they take a port. No matter what you say we will all remember only having our capital region and revert back to it. Experience and actions trump words of course. Id love to just get that alliance ended too trust me, its boring as all hell, i do not enjoy it, but its better than just having one port again. Like why were the Dutch rolled? Benny wasnt even Dutch then btw. We were rolled for the sake of proving a point, and so its just a bit hard for a lot of our Dutch guys to trust the word of a pirate saying they wont do it again. But it all mainly goes back to the devs. They need to massively rework the politics so what happened to our voting when we mostly agreed to ally with the danes doesnt happen again. 

Edited by OneEyedSnake
  • Like 1

Personally I'd like to see alliances go away altogether.  Make it either war or no war.  Screening will still happen as you say, but why do we need alliances?  For port advantages devs could make it allowable if there is no war with that other nation, instead of being allied.  For battles, devs could implement where you can join any battle against any opponent at any time but it adds hostility, but no advantage for the nation you joined.  If there are no allies then you can still attack anyone, make it more prominent to be in concensus as a nation.  All this is probably still exploitable by alts, but then again everything is.

• Like 1

I feel alliances can stay provided we can down vote them to shorten existing ones. Also that any actions against an ally (i.e. attacking allied players, npc, joining opposing team in pvp, missionsm PBs) would also shorten alliances. Maybe make it related to the hostility.

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Texas, if you screen for them in force more than a couple players you know that triple alliance will not go away, its been outlined clearly what it will take to make it go away. Just lie low and dont do anything until after the war has started man! Thats what i meant by you guys showed your cards too soon. Everyone in that alliance save for the US has been wiped down to 1 port by a single pirate clan before. So of course we are all scared that you will ruin our gameplay again, and of course we arent going to allow that. Those that make it personal and still are going on with their old grudges need to get over it I agree. But the dutch are in this alliance not for personal reasons, but for protection reasons. If Black comes back when we are about to all go to war like you did last time, and they take a port. No matter what you say we will all remember only having our capital region and revert back to it. Experience and actions trump words of course. Id love to just get that alliance ended too trust me, its boring as all hell, i do not enjoy it, but its better than just having one port again. Like why were the Dutch rolled? Benny wasnt even Dutch then btw. We were rolled for the sake of proving a point, and so its just a bit hard for a lot of our Dutch guys to trust the word of a pirate saying they wont do it again. But it all mainly goes back to the devs. They need to massively rework the politics so what happened to our voting when we mostly agreed to ally with the danes doesnt happen again. 

Screening in force?  We are talking about a couple guys showing up and ya'll think it's 100 pirates.   So we are suppose to just sit on our ass and let every one take our ports and other guys?   

US was never taken down to one port.  They had 11 when we turned our attention to Brits so that is a poor excuse used over and over and the reason Pirates was at war with US was cause they had took them down to one port.  People keep forgetting that when they keep bring up old things.  Every thing the pirates or BLACK did was cause of the actions some one else did.    I have no clue why dutch was taken to one port, but when I switched over last Jul/Aug to pirates ya'll weren't at one port.  Actually Pirates started to give you ports back from the brits when we took them over so you weren't at one port any more.  Seem ya'll keep forgetting that part.  Cause are war wasn't with ya'll, it was with brits or more CKA.   

If you want us to lay low than we might as well quit the game.  What is the point of playing if we can't defend our own ports or take back ones taken from us by the TWO LARGEST NATIONS?  So your saying if US for some reason attacks DUTCH ya'll should just let them take your ports and lay low cause you don't have numbers?  That the most illogical thing i have ever heard of.  We have not zerg or attack any one, we only defended and tried to get back what was taken from us.  Notice once we had a few zones we stopped our advance.  It wasn't until US started to push our ports that ZILCH moved down south and took the silver region and the hull strength region.  Notice it wasn't an action of our clan or nation, it has all ways been response to something some one else does.  MAYBE YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP BEING US LITTLE LAP DOGS WITH BRIT and push them back.  They will eventually turn on you guys and start taking your ports to and than you will be in the same boat as we are.  You want to know how we filled 19 that one port battle?   DUAL BOXING.  Ya'll can't get it in your head that it's really 15-20 players more back than and 5-10 now that use more than one account at once to fight ya'll.  It is not 100 pirates like every one thinks it is.

Funny US was bragging about barcoa the other day. It was 25 vs 15 and I was very proud that we got that many for being new years day.   US/BRIT/DUTCH alliance had more like 25 cause some where out side screening.  IF you can field that many you don't need an alliance.  US had over 20 total so if they can't beat 15 with 20 than it's not a numbers thing it's a players and leadership issue.  Seems the only way ya'll can win any fights is 35+ players showing up and zerging smaller nations.   I mean honestly what was the reason for US to take France two ports.  None cause the fight was between Dutch and Swedes and last I checked ya'll been holding your own very well without any extra help against the swedes.  

Some one remind me exactly the last time any one fought the US other than the pirates?  I mean they are the largest nation on the server.  Brit kinda fought them back in Jul/Aug but they haven't fought since.   Again tell me why the two largest nations need to be aligned to fight others?   

Really don't know why all you carebears aren't over playing on PvE.   IF you dont' want RvR than you might as well just go over there.  Cause to be honest if there was no Pirates and a few Swedes this server would be nothing but PvE 2.

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Screening in force?  We are talking about a couple guys showing up and ya'll think it's 100 pirates.   So we are suppose to just sit on our ass and let every one take our ports and other guys?   

US was never taken down to one port.  They had 11 when we turned our attention to Brits so that is a poor excuse used over and over and the reason Pirates was at war with US was cause they had took them down to one port.  People keep forgetting that when they keep bring up old things.  Every thing the pirates or BLACK did was cause of the actions some one else did.    I have no clue why dutch was taken to one port, but when I switched over last Jul/Aug to pirates ya'll weren't at one port.  Actually Pirates started to give you ports back from the brits when we took them over so you weren't at one port any more.  Seem ya'll keep forgetting that part.  Cause are war wasn't with ya'll, it was with brits or more CKA.   

If you want us to lay low than we might as well quit the game.  What is the point of playing if we can't defend our own ports or take back ones taken from us by the TWO LARGEST NATIONS?  So your saying if US for some reason attacks DUTCH ya'll should just let them take your ports and lay low cause you don't have numbers?  That the most illogical thing i have ever heard of.  We have not zerg or attack any one, we only defended and tried to get back what was taken from us.  Notice once we had a few zones we stopped our advance.  It wasn't until US started to push our ports that ZILCH moved down south and took the silver region and the hull strength region.  Notice it wasn't an action of our clan or nation, it has all ways been response to something some one else does.  MAYBE YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP BEING US LITTLE LAP DOGS WITH BRIT and push them back.  They will eventually turn on you guys and start taking your ports to and than you will be in the same boat as we are.  You want to know how we filled 19 that one port battle?   DUAL BOXING.  Ya'll can't get it in your head that it's really 15-20 players more back than and 5-10 now that use more than one account at once to fight ya'll.  It is not 100 pirates like every one thinks it is.

Funny US was bragging about barcoa the other day. It was 25 vs 15 and I was very proud that we got that many for being new years day.   US/BRIT/DUTCH alliance had more like 25 cause some where out side screening.  IF you can field that many you don't need an alliance.  US had over 20 total so if they can't beat 15 with 20 than it's not a numbers thing it's a players and leadership issue.  Seems the only way ya'll can win any fights is 35+ players showing up and zerging smaller nations.   I mean honestly what was the reason for US to take France two ports.  None cause the fight was between Dutch and Swedes and last I checked ya'll been holding your own very well without any extra help against the swedes.  

Some one remind me exactly the last time any one fought the US other than the pirates?  I mean they are the largest nation on the server.  Brit kinda fought them back in Jul/Aug but they haven't fought since.   Again tell me why the two largest nations need to be aligned to fight others?   

Really don't know why all you carebears aren't over playing on PvE.   IF you dont' want RvR than you might as well just go over there.  Cause to be honest if there was no Pirates and a few Swedes this server would be nothing but PvE 2.

Because we know your potential, you should be flattered. And not my fault you guys dont understand strategy and surprise. Lie low until you can stab em when they arent looking. Dont jump up in front of a disbanding alliance yell you are here still then expect us not to do anything about it. That was the dumbest thing that server had ever seen. You had CKA convinced you were gone. Hell, the US, GB, NT alliance WASNT EVEN ACTIVE but we werent at war yet, we were all moving ports, then you jump up, take a region, and expect us not to remember what BLACK can do? You should have waited another few weeks. No matter, this triple alliance is over, us Dutch are tired of it. 

Edited by OneEyedSnake

13 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Because we know your potential, you should be flattered. And not my fault you guys dont understand strategy and surprise. Lie low until you can stab em when they arent looking. Dont jump up in front of a disbanding alliance yell you are here still then expect us not to do anything about it. That was the dumbest thing thaat server had ever seen. You had CKA convinced you were gone. Hell, the US, GB, NT alliance WASNT EVEN ACTIVE but we werent at war yet, we were all moving ports, then you jump up, take a region, and expect us not to remember whaat BLACK can do? You should have waited another few weeks. No matter, this trifecta alliance is over, us Dutch are tired of it. 

So you would sit there and let some one take you down to one port just so you can lay low?  That is basically what has been going on.  We only showed force to push back from kids being capped several days in a row.  We got tired loosing regions.  We where loosing more numbers cause we where laying low.   You do understand we are currently at two regions right?  Capital MT and Kidds?  So how much more lay low we should do?  Let them take Kidds and just play out of our capital?   Hell we all ready know US is waiting for us to take San Jaun and it to cool down they plan to attack.  To me the only one that is being aggressor and taking ports is the US.  No one else has taken any ports pretty much through RvR with any resistance since patch. If we where such a threat you think we would own half the map by now. 

WE TOOK A REGION THAT US AN BRITS TOOK FROM US.  WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?  SO HOW LOW DO YOU STAY?  When patch came out we took four regions.  two from Spain, one from brit and France and did not push at all.  US TOOK ALL OUR BAHAMA regions straight off.  Than US/Brits pushed in the four south regions.  I'm sorry where the HELL WAS we ever an aggressors that ya'll have to freak out other than ZILCH taking two regions on there own?    We even let ya'll take one back in good faith which by the way DUTCH just proved they aren't trustworthy cause as soon as they took that port they jumped on a band wagon.   

BLACK hasn't done anything since before November when we got brit's down to one port.  You think if we where still the old clan we would of turned on US and pushed them back instead of letting them take kidds and going down to almost one port?   Really you folks are so scared of things that happens months ago you can't even play your own game.

Well maybe we should just do like most want to do.  Just all roll over to PvP1 and let the server die and the PvErs can be happy.  Than no one will have any one to fight.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

The US, GB and Dutch have succeeded in pushing more and more players from the game - congratulations....  you should be proud of all your fine efforts.  The overwhelming odds taking ports that were no threat to any of you.  Well done....  Enjoy the empty waters...  Enjoy the non-existent PvP.... 

Maybe you should ask the devs to rename the server to PvE2.  That is what you have turned it into.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

...Funny US was bragging about barcoa the other day. It was 25 vs 15 and I was very proud that we got that many for being new years day.   US/BRIT/DUTCH alliance had more like 25 cause some where out side screening.  IF you can field that many you don't need an alliance.  US had over 20 total so if they can't beat 15 with 20 than it's not a numbers thing it's a players and leadership issue.  Seems the only way ya'll can win any fights is 35+ players showing up and zerging smaller nations.   I mean honestly what was the reason for US to take France two ports.  None cause the fight was between Dutch and Swedes and last I checked ya'll been holding your own very well without any extra help against the swedes.  

Yes, on top of the 25 in the PB, I was in a screening battle with 16 additional players outside - and that was not all the extra US/GB/Dutch players - just those in the circle...  I'm not sure exactly how many US/GB players there were in total - but probably 55-60.  I only saw 1 dutch player outside the PB, but I can't tell you if there were more.  If you add the regular dutch players that didn't attend the PB, the US/GB/Dutch alliance could likely have 75 players - more than three times the rest of the server players... 

I just started on PVP2 a week or so ago. I chose Dutch because of the cooperative reputation they seemed to show on this forum and I liked the idea of being part of a "small" nation. Then I get on the server and see the Dutch locked up in alliances with the US and GB and all other nations basically struggling for survival. Of course, this makes for a nice, safe environment for building wealth and ships but takes away opportunities for fun with OW PVP, especially since more and more players are leaving the server due to a lack of excitement. What to do?

I like the idea of alliances. It's historically accurate that nations maintain alliances for security and prosperity and (during the era of this game) global domination. However, alliances cost something in real life. They should cost in the game.

Here are some ideas that perhaps the Devs could pick or modify:

1. Better explanation and implementation of the voting system.
  2. Define an active player such as having played 1 hour as a character during past 2 weeks. In order for an alliance to happen, it must be voted for by over half of the active players from both nations. Not enough voting participation or yes votes, not alliance.
  3. "Tax" alliances. If your nation is in an alliance, it costs you 5% of your money the day that alliance starts or rerolls.
  4. 5 of the 25 port battle slots are reserved for one ally. If more than one ally exists, the designated ally is determined as the ally who's nations capitol is closest to the contested port. If that ally doesn't show up, those slots remain unfilled. f your ally won't create a military coalition with you, the alliance is weak.
  5. The ability to sabotage or spread discontent in an alliance or nation making it more difficult for a nation to accomplish its politcal and diplomatic goals. I'm not sure how this would happen or what it would look like. Maybe with some sort of expensive, craftable "spy" network?

Perhaps these suggestions would be difficult or impossible to implement but something has to be done.

• Like 7

Hmmmm - some knee jerk reactions and random thoughts...

• Good idea to require a majority of 'active' players vote for alliances... not just majority of voters. Suggest that voting be prompted during log in when applicable.
  • Good idea to have alliances carry a cost with them. Maybe have alliance renewals cost a bit more each time (to discourage perma-block alliances).
  • Reserving 5 port battle slots for alliance captains may be a bit steep... it should be a very serious handicap if they no-show, but not an automatic loss. Maybe 2/3 slots? Also suggest that the slots can be filled by a captain from any allied nation, not just the closest. That may cause disastrous confusion.
  • Alliance partner that doesn't send aid to a port battle causes alliance to end sooner?
  • National espionage (alliance sabotage) - an enemy dropping war supplies in national capital of either nation causes alliance to end sooner?
  • Like 1

As a Great Britain player and clan creator, I will agree the alliance of what is more than likely the two most populated factions has been a cancer to PvP2. Coming back from a long break I was very displeased with what I saw. It is like walking back into a room to find the high school athetes beating up on the handicap kid. So I do not blame players for leaving the server and going to PvP1. I also dont blame people not wanting to reroll into the smaller factions. High ping is far better than what was happening to them. Most of my clan is either new players or veterans looking to see an end to the alliance. So I see promise for the future of PvP2. I do hope this slow decay of PvP2 ceases and the end of this alliance should help. The suggestions above I find to be very interesting and I agree that the alliance system does need some improvements. Farrago's post especially was enlightening and I do hope the devs take some of your suggestions into consideration.

Edited by PolishMartyr
  • Like 3