Game-Labs Forum

Are premium ships rumors real?

I dont mind Premium in Free to play games.

I dont mind DLC content

But i paid a pretty high price for this game, and sure hope that premium ship is just rumors.

It would really suck having to throw more money at a pretty expensive game to get the cool stuff.

Yeah. I remember Admin mentioned it months ago. Same performance, unique look. Some people want to sail their favorite ships and will pay $ for it. For example I want to sail Barfleur and will pay extra for it to see it in game. Let's say some people will collect ships.

Rfyu37g.jpg?1

• Like 1

I dont mind Premium in Free to play games.

I dont mind DLC content

But i paid a pretty high price for this game, and sure hope that premium ship is just rumors.

It would really suck having to throw more money at a pretty expensive game to get the cool stuff.

From what i have read there will be premium ships  but player crafted ships will be better than the premium ships and you can also capture the premium ships but you will lose a upgrade slot or something like it.

wauw im  really really disappointed :(

suchs a same 

Don't cry yet, all this needs devs confirmation :D In the end , no one will force you to pay$. This is how developer will keep the game alive and will have the ability to add more content. I myself want to see game store and tons of items for sale $$$. 

• Like 3

wauw im  really really disappointed :(

Premium ships are not rumors and they were discussed extensively before. 

Premium vessels provide the opportunity for Captains to express their gratitude and give an option to support us financially even more, and allow us to give them something special in return. You should consider them donations or patronage.

Volunteer moderators and community managers who we plan to recruit on forums will also receive special gifts in form of vessels that no-one else will have. 

• Like 13

What's wrong with making a profit out of people's vanity since these 'reskins' will likely not give you an upper hand in any other form than unlimited durabilities with included repair costs. It would be interesting to see how they handle the ship permanent modules for premium ships.

• Like 1

Premium ships are not rumors and they were discussed extensively before. 

Premium vessels provide the opportunity for Captains to express their gratitude and give an option to support us financially even more, and allow us to give them something special in return. You should consider them donations or patronage.

Volunteer moderators and community managers who we plan to recruit on forums will also receive special gifts in form of vessels that no-one else will have. I 

I just dont understand why not to make all ships available for everyone who plays long enough and enjoy the game. I mean its not financially support, but it is support in some form.

Just seems kinda unfair.

"discussed extensively " Dindt know, wont drag this thread out for too long just had a couple questions about it.

Would make no difference if its cosmetic only, like a unique frigate skin that goes into a frigate skin slot or a clone with a different skin and so on. I would gladly pay for a favourite and wouldnt mind not having access to the other ones. Interesting enough to get a lot of purchases and not detrimental to the game at all.

Edited by Vega
  • Like 2

If premium ships don't provide combat buffs above and beyond the norm then there is no tactical advantage and therefore no "Pay to Win" involved. I'm all for it.

On top of this there are many other donation items the game could have. off the top of my head.

Ships Paint - allows you to recolour your ships hull individually (Different strakes etc)

Ornate stern gallery

Ornate or more ornate figurehead

Sail Suites, colour tinted, worn or even pristine variety's

None of the above would add to your combat but would allow players interested in paying small donations to make their ship more stylish etc.

• Like 3

I just dont understand why not to make all ships available for everyone who plays long enough and enjoy the game. I mean its not financially support, but it is support in some form.

Just seems kinda unfair.

"discussed extensively " Dindt know, wont drag this thread out for too long just had a couple questions about it.

Think of a ship as a skin. You buy skins from game store, but have the same or weaker armor stats. You will be able to capture premium ships and have it for free. Sounds like a good deal to me. Roll Pirate and start hunting.

I don't understand the comment about paying alot for the game ($40)?  Most AAA games with DLC are like +$100 (i.e. Evolve).

So complaining about having to pay for fancy skins?  Like every game has cosmetic cash shop stuff that doesn't affect gameplay.  I don't get it...I guess you can't please some people. 

• Like 4

The Yacht is only for those that preordered months ago before it was closed. Future purchases will not have access to the Yacht.

The exception would be if Admin decides to make it a prize for some contest etc but that is not guaranteed to happen. It will be a rare ship.

• Like 1

Just seems kinda unfair.

That form of "support" does not pay the extensive hosting, bandwidth, and hardware costs that it will take to keep the game running.  Nor does it pay for developers and modelers to create new content.  You're quite lucky that the Developers are planning a more GuildWars 2 style financing plan rather than a traditional monthly subscription plan.  The paid content will be needed to allow the game to continue to run and grow.  If you don't want to pay more than the initial $40, you can happily keep playing so long as there are new people signing up and other folks who are willing to pay for premium content to keep the game running for you.  :)

• Like 1

The Yacht is only for those that preordered months ago before it was closed. Future purchases will not have access to the Yacht.

The exception would be if Admin decides to make it a prize for some contest etc but that is not guaranteed to happen. It will be a rare ship.

I emailed the devs after it was closed and they let me in March of this year, but it still had the Yacht on the purchase page. I think the Yacht is just for people who got the game in Alpha. At least that's what the purchase page says.