Game-Labs Forum

Arranged Weekend Trafalgars anyone???

Booyaah

I haven't logged in to test the new patch mechanics yet, but with the new patch notes, it looks like we can surrender and not lose dura, just pay for repair.  I think this solves the whole issue between lethal and non-lethal combat.  You can just surrender now if you don't want to lose your fancy 5 module ship.

• Like 1

I'd just like to mention that because boarding has been disabled in the latest patch - many people won't have the opportunity to bring along a one-dura, throwaway ship.

See you all at 10pm GMT (or perhaps a little earlier)

regards

Captain Office AKA Mouse AKA Mouse of War

Since we can port now to our outposts, our group will be spending some time putting some in the areas these fights are in. Up till this patch none of us had outposts over there and our bases of operations are far away so the incentive to sail a couple hours and maybe not even make it into a fight was low. The new mechanic changes that immensely. We will get our outposts set up and if we log in in time for one of the battles then we will show.

• Like 1

Concerning death, durabilities and what ships to bring:

It is your choice!

Surrendering or not, it is up to you as it is a current game mechanic and I guess we will put it to the test tomorrow! Bring a five or one durability ship. Bring a ship with one module slot or five, again it is up to you because we do not want to exclude people based on the vessels they can bring - unless they are small and we are too many! Quite a number of us saved up money and their best ships just for such an opportunity. Others dread the risk and unpredictability of fleet fights and bring captured ships or common ships from the market. I am guessing that we will have a good mix of vessels on all sides and it remains to be seen how important the mods are in the thick of such a massive engagement!

• Like 3

Since the new patch the battles appear to be taking longer, I have had two very long instances. We now have unlimited repairs and simply have to withdraw and wait for the timers. Plus I suspect the damage model has been tweaked. The Trafalgar may be very long with no clear result. Any thoughts?

@Battle duration: It remains to be seen how long the first fight will take, I like to see this in positive light, we will be able to test the current repair mechanic under circumstances they have not been testedy yet. There have not been many big fleet engagements after sea trials. So I am curious how this will play out. We are prepared and will adapt to contingencies!

@Cpt. Office, don't worry, we have one rule for that. In case we are too many, smaller ships will have a seperate engagement, which will be more involving and rewarding for them anyways.

Tonight the slaughter shall be quite relaxed.

Everyone participating will meet on the teamspeak server: na.lynixgaming.com there is no password. Be early!

Edited by Jacob de Montagne

Sorry Jacob, i won't be able to come tonight I started to teleport to my capital ( Fort de France  near Plymouth )  when some mate came online.  I cancelled teleport and started a hunt for some boat with him  I have finished now but the teleport i just started before had been counted  So i cant teleport to Fort de France for 7 hours counting from now  . My mistake,

The first battle featured 40 players in total. The second one just finished with 28 players.

Be part of the action and sign up in the excel sheet. Footage will be made available here.

All information can be found in the original post!

Thank you all for showing up!

Edited by Jacob de Montagne

The first battle is now over, we had 40 players in total, footage will be made available here.

The next battle starts now.

i was there, recorded it all, will be uploading tomorrow :D

edit: here is the video people! 

Edited by OlavDeng2
  • Like 2

After asking admin specifically about it today in chat, Admin says the "tap out" rule is not considering damage farming and is ok.  Trafalgars need not be fight to the death.

5AtGB5b.png

Edited by Raatha
  • Like 1

Insanity.  Will result in less PvP in the long run, not more, and is totally unfair to solo players who are unable to leverage such arrangements.  Also, makes pirate groups easiest way to play and advance in game.  Take that solo national players!

Gives us a surrender system that provides a lower loss option to exit battle.  Make consensual damage farming a bannable offense.

• Like 2

Thanks for clearing this up Raatha, it will be especially important to the gentlemen who let their beaten opponent go. It also allows us to perform training matches with less cost attributed to them. I haven't seen or heard of the current system being exploited for damage farming yet. Let's see what actually happens!

In order not to derail the thread any further, Brandon allow me to post the direct links to your battle vids from last night:

1st fight 20vs20 USA,France vs. Dutch, Danes, British, Pirates, Spanish:

(fast forward the first 2 minutes)

2nd fight 14vs14 USA,France vs. Dutch, Danes, British, Pirates, Spanish:

(fast forward the first 6 minutes)

Sweden was in fact the only faction not present. The set up took too long and will be greatly improved for the next battle, next weekend.

• Like 4

Note we fought the above battles without a no risk agreement, and it was fun and exciting.  I was one of the few to sink and lost a durability on a ship with 5 slots.  It did not make me want to make no risk PvP arrangements.

• Like 5

Insanity.  Will result in less PvP in the long run, not more, and is totally unfair to solo players who are unable to leverage such arrangements.  Also, makes pirate groups easiest way to play and advance in game.  Take that solo national players!

PvP Honor victories will be added to progression. That will eliminate such farming.

• Like 3

That will certainly help. I just think it should be clear that there is nothing gentlemanly or honorable from the perspective of the Age of Sail about agreeing ahead of time to fight without loss. And as a chivalrous act in general, letting an opponent who has fought well go at the end of fight is meaningless if it is prearranged and expected. It fundamentally changes the character of a fight as people behave differently with the expectation that there will be little or no loss. It can also mask problems in the overall system of acquiring and replacing ships. As such, it undermines testing to a degree.

• Like 3

Yeah that was great fun. I just managed to survive the first round in my connie just barely, was on survival mode patching up with duck tape that wouldn't stick. Got out with 50% water on the last minute. I wasn't so lucky the second round as I got seperated from the main group and got picked off by SOLs and other frigates.