Game-Labs Forum

Arranged Weekend Trafalgars anyone???

Booyaah

Hey all,

Sign-up sheet: https://goo.gl/Tf6GBf

Just seeing if I can drum up any interest for this.  I'm guessing a lot of ppl are getting bored as shit killing the dumb AI over and over again and miss the enjoyable battles that Seal Trials provided.  I'm pretty sure between TF and TDA we could muster up 25 ppl on a weekend afternoon, note I am not speaking on behalf of either guild, assuming ppl knew about it ahead of time, I would just have to talk to the guys.  The reason I say the weekend is because most US players are only on weekday nights, when most of the EU is sleeping, so on the weekend it is a lot easier for us to do something in the afternoon when ppl don't have to work.

Anyways I was thinking something around Plymouth would be convenient, maybe around 2-3 PM'ish EDT (which I guess would be 7-8 PM GMT).  I guess the only thing to determine would be each side's ship composition, how many SoLs 3rd rate and above to bring primarily, minor other details, etc.  Since multiple nations can join on one side I don't think evening out the sides to be balanced would be a problem.  Could probably work out all that last minute stuff in global chat if needed.

Winner gets bragging rights over the Eastern Carribbean!  :D

-----------------------

UPDATE: July 25th, 2015

We had incident with some pirates who were not what I would call 'team players', would not join TS, and were upsetting the balance in our matches.

New rules: 
  • You must be in Dutch Teamspeak (na.lynixgaming.com).  The Admiral for each side EU (Dutch/Danes) and US ultimately decide if they do not want someone on their side.  If you are not in Teamspeak and join the Trafalgar battle without consent, you will be shot on site.
  • Pirates are no longer allowed in Trafalgar unless vetted by TDA or the Dutch/Danes.  All other pirates will be shot on site if they join.  If you are pirate and want to join, please send myself and Jacob de Montagne a forum PM a few days in advance.

UPDATE: July 24th, 2015

A few addendums:
  • You are responsible for your own travel getting to the battle site.  Once at the site do not engage in any pvp.
  • If you are having issues getting to the site, ask in Teamspeak for help, or travel in a pack to the site, or park your ship there earlier and then sail there in a Lynx to get to battle.
  • The easiest travel method is to use teleport to go directly to the battle site in the ship you are bringing.

UPDATED: July 18th, 2015

Ruleset for now:

• Start at 2200 CET sharp, west of Plymouth. (Central Europe Time)
  • No AI fleets. No latecomers. No BS.
  • No fighting between participants at the site of battle until we start.
  • Nations will be assigned and balanced by the organisers.
  • Nations pick representatives for the battle, amongst them the two fleet admirals are choosen.
  • Both fleets will set themselves up in parallel lines downwind in the open world.
  • In case we have too many players, the smallest ships will have a seperate engagment. Sign ups have priority:  https://goo.gl/Tf6GBf
  • The battle will be recorded and uploaded. We will reserve spots for streamers like Brandonchat.
  • The battle is organised by a team, currently that is Booyaah, Steelsandwich and me, who will decide last minute arrangements.
  • Respect each other and use common sense!
  • Anyone is welcome who can adhere to these rules.

There will be a teamspeak server for each team. We will fight until one side is eliminated and start the next battle afterwards.

The Teamspeak server for both sides is Dutch Antilles Squadron: na.lynixgaming.com (no password)

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 5

Thanks Booyaah. Now get your leadership to back it and it is a done deal. I have been nagging people individually for weeks now, I assure you that there is quite the demand for it. Plymouth being close to everyone's capital (besides the US) is a great and accessible location to do it.

This weekend we have set something up already. So let me get back to you later.

It's funny that you came up with this now. It so happens that there's been talk about something very much like this within the Dutch and Danish fleets. I wonder if making it entirely public is wise, but then again I wonder who'd be able to (and get enjoyment from) ruin(ing) an event with so many "big" players...

Edited by Niels Terkildsen

Just an FYI, this is more of a grassroots thing, I am not speaking on behalf of TDA as a guild, it is just a thought for those who enjoyed the Seal Trials environment more.

I'm sure we can switch to a more secret spot beforehand to prevent 'others' from interfering.  Or assign some people to 'security' :P

My thinking would be if we had more people that would fit in 1 battle, we could split up into 2 slightly smaller ones maybe.

Edited by Booyaah

Had some crazy shennanigans last night for the 4th so a lot ppl from TDA aren't on, I just tried to contact everyone who signed up but only 2 ppl were on, so I guess we will aim for next weekend when it is less crazy.

Konali suggested a slightly later time...like 11-12 PM GMT+1 next Sat (Jul 11th) as there are some AUS that want to play.  Kind of hard to coordinate across all timezones   Would be nice if Jacob Montagne ever logged on :P

Edited by Booyaah

Been busy last weekend Booyaah, so I asked for a reschedule. I suggested Saturday the 11th for exactly that reason, so we can bring together all timeszones into one battle.

I really like you sign up sheet, thanks! We had a real good time when we set up a string of three battles last friday between Dutch, Danes and French. I asked Brandon to post some footage here :D

What is your name in-game l'apostat?  Yeah we had some late Saturday night tussles with SLRN (I won't elaborate) :P

Oh and I must stress, that these will be no AI allowed unless there is a balancing force needed for an uneven amount of players and it is agreed on by both sides.  They really unbalance things and I doubt the devs will keep the AI fleets around for too much longer.  If you want PvPvE, you can find that pretty much anywhere on the map already.

The one thing I still need to work out is a TS server for the EU crowd to communicate in.  So if anyone doesn't mind hosting the EU side let me know.

Edited by Booyaah

Mark saturday the 18th, 2200 CET in your calendars.

There will be news about the next battle soon. It will be bigger, it will be deadlier, it will be multinationaler :P

We are in the process of hammering out the details. In the meantime, sign up in the excel sheet in the OP and motivate your guild and friends to join up as well!

• Like 2

Mark saturday the 18th, 2200 CET in your calendars.

There will be news about the next battle soon. It will be bigger, it will be deadlier, it will be multinationaler :P

We are in the process of hammering out the details. In the meantime, sign up in the excel sheet in the OP and motivate your guild and friends to join up as well!

We'll await details before we totally commit. However this sounds exacxtly the sort of event that we in the SLRN would like to get involved in.

We'll await details before we totally commit. However this sounds exacxtly the sort of event that we in the SLRN would like to get involved in.

What additional details do you guys need? 

Here is the TLDR version:

Have all your fleet mates sign up here ASAP: https://goo.gl/Tf6GBf (other nations need to know what ships to bring).  Trust me it works out better if you have ppl sign-up earlier instead of trying to get them the night before.

All who sign-up then show up at Plymouth @ 2200 CET on Saturday with whatever ship they want to fight in.  We figure out exact teams on the spot and each side forms a line, we start the battle, and then we fight to the last man standing.  

It is important that you show up on time as lots of people waiting tend to get bored and leave.  Please plan ahead accordingly.  If someone is late it is not the end of the world, we plan to do 3 battles in a row hopefully, they can join in on the next one.

Much fun was had by all sides this past weekend.  It was definitely worth the cost of admission in my opinion.  It was about 75% 1st-3rd rates and 25% frigates for each side was just the way it ended up working out.  I wouldn't mind doing a frigate only Trafalgar if people are interested (lower cost of entry) but I'll just hold off on that for now.

Edited by Booyaah

Ruleset for now:

• Start at 2200 CET sharp, west of Plymouth.
  • No AI fleets. No latecomers. No BS.
  • No fighting the AI on the way or between participants at the site of battle until we start.
  • Nations will be assigned and balanced by the organisers.
  • Nations pick representatives for the battle, amongst them the two fleet admirals are choosen.
  • Both fleets will set themselves up in parallel lines downwind in the open world.
  • In case we have too many players, the smallest ships will have a seperate engagment. Sign ups have priority:  https://goo.gl/Tf6GBf
  • The battle will be recorded and uploaded. We will reserve spots for streamers like Brandonchat.
  • The battle is organised by a team, currently that is Booyaah, Steelsandwich and me, who will decide last minute arrangements.
  • Respect each other and use common sense!
  • Anyone is welcome who can adhere to these rules.

There will be a teamspeak server for each team. We will fight until one side is eliminated and start the next battle afterwards.

Well we are starting them at 10 PM Euro time...I don't how late you want them to start...it is very possible that there might be a battle 2 hrs later 6 PM EDT if you want to catch the last one, but I can't promise anything.

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 1

@Johnny Reb As Booyaah said: We will be doing this for a while, as people come online they can join later battles. We are used to some fluctuation amongst those who attend.

@Sinking&death: This will be a real battle, ships will be captured and sunk. In the first battles we let people go as they yielded, so we could increase the number of consecutive battles and decrease the amount of downtime. This also allowed us to try and test some weird stuff. This time however everyone has had the opportunity to save up for the battle, maybe even using throwaway ships, so they are not afraid of potential loss.

Edited by Jacob de Montagne