Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

20220604152545_1.thumb.jpg.7a379d8e7586bca31e715a55088c3c57.jpg20220604150151_1.thumb.jpg.440df40d5e70cb7e020e1dbcf9efe9c1.jpg20220604152411_1.thumb.jpg.0fc00f914afdca704127bc31164ffc61.jpg20220604152238_1.thumb.jpg.b8c202d0ce039ebf93bfbbe5b9e7f0b4.jpgI still have the VP bug in the current Version here is an example of a the AIs Inability to properly research it still used iron plate armor in 1901 the campaign started in 1890 and b the fact that the bug still exists where you lose prestige gain unrest and lose VP by winning decisively or at all. Here no side gained any VP since the Battle was lead by britain however i still gained 30 unrest and lost 40 Naval Prestige due to this battle. Even though this was the outcome.

Edited by Marcus

2 hours ago, SiWi said:

but how I'm suppose to test anything if the game restarts all the time?

Well  early access is not about   doing anything other than  finding issues and bringing feedback.    If you are   using a version that  does not have a fix they already have you are wasting the time of the testing, sicne you are not testing the newest version.

I am liking a lot the pace of fixes. Great pace Game Labs.  I wish  you the best luck into  rpuning these issues out so we can step into new stages of features.

33 minutes ago, Marcus said:

20220604152545_1.thumb.jpg.7a379d8e7586bca31e715a55088c3c57.jpg20220604150151_1.thumb.jpg.440df40d5e70cb7e020e1dbcf9efe9c1.jpg20220604152411_1.thumb.jpg.0fc00f914afdca704127bc31164ffc61.jpg20220604152238_1.thumb.jpg.b8c202d0ce039ebf93bfbbe5b9e7f0b4.jpgI still have the VP bug in the current Version here is an example of a the AIs Inability to properly research it still used iron plate armor in 1901 the campaign started in 1890 and b the fact that the bug still exists where you lose prestige gain unrest and lose VP by winning decisively or at all. Here no side gained any VP since the Battle was lead by britain however i still gained 30 unrest and lost 40 Naval Prestige due to this battle. Even though this was the outcome.

The Victory VP bug is an old issue. It can happen also when there is a corrupted save or a cheat engine used. We will see what we can do to fix in the coming week.

2 minutes ago, Sandermatt said:

Could it be that tech is not unlocking new towers as intended? I see techs like "Small towers I" and "Advanced Towers 1" doing absolutely nothing.

They work as they unlock towers which you can find on the ships.  The tech UI just does not display all those towers that are unlocked.

I think research tech its now too fast.

On march 1902 im I'm about to discover a technology from 1917.. "secondary quadruple turrets for capital" and I'm not behind on any other technology indeed.

maybe somewhere in between as speed?

nice job!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

*HOTFIX UPDATE 5 * (4/6/2022)

- Optimization on: Battle AI, Aiming, Shell Ballistics.
- Fixed German Dual Turrets that did not scale correctly in Length caliber.
- Campaign tech progress adjusted to be a little slower for techs that are too advanced.

Please restart Steam to download (Saves not reset).

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, CenturionsofRome said:

Got a new bug. Played 1890 germany, got peace with brits and my naval budget is decreasing each turn despite my gdp increasing each turn and my budget percent remaining at 3.96%. Transport capacity is at 135% and growing.

Figured it out - I was blockaded and that never went away even after I sunk most of the British fleet and got them to sue for peace.

On 6/2/2022 at 1:02 PM, IsmaelMolina2021 said:

Hmmmm.... What about the hull that has HMS Formidable from 1898 and the Japanese variant of it which is Mikasa?

So Nick, I was thinking about HMS Formidable battleship 1898 and the Japanese legendary battleship that won the Battle of Tsushima which is Mikasa. It is something that Britain and Japan was lacking in the game for the late 1890s and early 1900s in Pre-Dreadnought era

I played the 1890s Italay with update 5 and I learnt something about how diplomacy and tension works. If you have positive relationsship you CANT provoke the AI/a war. I did sent my eintire fleet to provoke AH, the French, the British and even the Germans, nobody gave a damn - because I had positive relations (even 5 was enough) with them.

More than two yars later war broke out between the British and Germans + AH, wich somehow lowerd the British view of me into the negative, and finally I could provoke them with having ships in their waters.

..... but by that point I thought the campaign was bugged anyway and stopped managing, also I didnt want to wait for close ot 1900 for tension to built up to the point I finally had a war.

Anyway this games lives of the replayability so please, pretty please randomize initial dispositions (remember: Historical or A-Historical AI?). I want to see everybody to turn on the french,  because they are the french. The Germans and French turn on the British because the food offends the gods. Or AH allying with GB to fight Italy and so on ......

€: Another thing: If I do and save more than 1 new design, there is pretty good chance the game will crash when "loading world".

Edited by havaduck
  • Like 1

love the update, its going to add so much play ability to the game!  im enjoying the update and the increased tech speed, although i do think it requires slowing down little as in 1985 and have just researched Dreadnought 2 as well as alot of other technologies. 

Also im not sure if this is a bug or not, but I believe a war may have bugged out as no ones fighting anymore and the war menu looks abit confusing.  Especially as I joined Germany as a Ally who was at war with Britain.  Since then Italy has Allied with me (Austro) and another war has broke out but I cant seem to engage in any battles or see any battles in the news reports,  If you see the attached picture the war menu shows all sides on the same side, maybe this is the issue.  

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Edited by Narbar
Additions

i really hope we get to see some of the new hulls down the lines would love to see more british light cruisers and also now thats we have alliance in the game would love to see when we start a campaign we have no alliance with any nation then we could click on a nation to say would like tohave an alliance with that like playing as british could have an alliance with germany

It seems that pitch-roll is fixed, i did manage to make ships without this issues, however its still present on cruisers, especially light cruisers but only till the main guns were fitted, then slowly its fix itself.

Campaign is now working better, but funds are still low, despite that i did manage to build five battleships, 2 battlecruisers and one heavy cruiser and was able to built at least 20 additional ships in next few turns without any problems, starting funds should perhaps be even bigger but well.

However, enemy now have small fleets, i started 1930 campaign with Germany and enemy have perhaps 20-30 ships, should have 80-90 at least.

If one country is defeated (not triggering end of campaign) surviving ships should be given as compesation and those ships should enter service with your fleet).

Idk, campaign seems to be as borked as ever. After giving up on playing Italy and knowing GB is to frustrting because you cant have ships in the mediteranean but loose transports there constantly, I decided for good old AH and piss off the french.

IWZadaA.png

I really hate to say this, nothing make any sense, again. You get blockaed by "Nothing".  And by the way, the ones you are war with are also at war with the guys they arent actually at war with. Doesnt make sense? Right, it doesnt.

@Nick ThomadisAlso please, please, please drag the godawefull cowardly AI out of their ports.

These are my Task forces. I got 5 of them, they were sitting there for over 2 years to incite a war with the french.

LMB6GTE.jpg

And this is to afraid to come out and fight me. Are you for real?

pBcGl0h.jpg

I know the battle generator is waiting till its 1 ship so it can throw 60 french ships at it, but please for the love of fúck have mercy .....

If you could at least order and attack on their ports of the cowardly AI wont come out ........

Another year has passed. The war is more than a year old now. NOT. A. SINGLE. BATTLE.

Also the french are gaining points in small increments on me. Id dont know form what, but the british are loosing transports so I guess its the VP bug.

mnd0GpX.jpg

• Like 1

No idea about guns and torps now... the accuracy is so random, the dmg, penetration also... This is going in good way, but it feels right now like someone put random statistic for each gun each slider for guns...

I fight vs AI right now, they have 12,5"/55 gun with heavy ammo, 1892. 100% accuracy on the range 4km, full speed, when I have only 4,5% on gun 9,9"/55 or 9,9"/45 (max long barrel) and 12,3"/55 gun with 9,2%. How?! When I look on bonus the AI had +402% for found the range. with gun what fired once per 80s, when my 12,3" was too slow to be aimed. 

Could we have some constant in this madness?  Like for each 1% the accuracy is +2%, but the cost is +X^2% or something like that? 

Also shooting the torps right now is very difficult like 0 accuracy, sometimes dull, sometimes vanish, because why no? and the lethality is little too low. From OP to useless. 

+ 2" guns (1,1"-2,9") are way too good. is nice to see this is must have especially in 1890, but this gun kill everything in the range up to 1,5km and no gun is that lethal as this, only little useless vs BB. 

It will be very nice to have line or logarithmic scale of something... not the random values assigned to random things :D

2 minutes ago, Plazma said:

No idea about guns and torps now... the accuracy is so random, the dmg, penetration also... This is going in good way, but it feels right now like someone put random statistic for each gun each slider for guns...

I fight vs AI right now, they have 12,5"/55 gun with heavy ammo, 1892. 100% accuracy on the range 4km, full speed, when I have only 4,5% on gun 9,9"/55 or 9,9"/45 (max long barrel) and 12,3"/55 gun with 9,2%. How?! When I look on bonus the AI had +402% for found the range. with gun what fired once per 80s, when my 12,3" was too slow to be aimed. 

Could we have some constant in this madness?  Like for each 1% the accuracy is +2%, but the cost is +X^2% or something like that? 

Also shooting the torps right now is very difficult like 0 accuracy, sometimes dull, sometimes vanish, because why no? and the lethality is little too low. From OP to useless. 

+ 2" guns (1,1"-2,9") are way too good. is nice to see this is must have especially in 1890, but this gun kill everything in the range up to 1,5km and no gun is that lethal as this, only little useless vs BB. 

It will be very nice to have line or logarithmic scale of something... not the random values assigned to random things :D

2 inch guns initially had very high close range accuracy to compensate for the fact that no other gun had a snowballs chance of hitting them, i think. But the 2.9'' gun gives you that 2 inch accuracy with 3 inch damage. 

Ideally a larger caliber would interpolate to the values of the next gun of the same mark, so if we insist 2 inch be more accurate at 1km then 2.9 should be 90% of the way to 3 inch gun accuracy at the same mark rating. Changing the bore upwards will lower the caliber downwards so that will also need to be accounted for. 

Otherwise variable amounts of damage are reasonable in the sense that damage is a function of whether or not and what you penetrate. 2 inch guns have the potential to devastate smaller ships because they hit so often eventually they'll blow up something important. 

• Like 1

So just checked the BB big gun accuracy stuff.  And it seems like between patch 3 and patch 5 for 1.06 the accuracy has been nearly unchanged for 1940.  At 20km range max length german guns are still really bad.

• 20" has 1.6%
  • 18" has 2.7%
  • 17" has 3.3%
  • 15" has 7.5%
  • 13" has 11%

Secondary's though seem like they've been made notably better:

• 8" has 5.4%
  • 7" has 5.4%
  • 6" has 4.8%
  • 5" has 4.8%
  • 4" has 4.2%

All of these are with max length triple turrets at 20km range.  All guns are on the same SBB at the same time.  Super heavy shells, max tube powder and tnt 4.

Secondary's are largely performing as you might expect.  It's somewhat odd that 8 and 7 inch have identical accuracy and 6 and 5 have the same accuracy but other than that it seems reasonable.

Main guns on a BB though do not make much sense.  The sheer amount of accuracy drop off for bigger guns does not make any sense.  If anything all other things being equal the 20" should have the highest level of accuracy.  If for no other reason than the bigger a shell is the less it's effected by outside forces ( wind and such ) due to it's sheer inirtia.  This has been the case the whole history of the game up until patch 3 for 1.06 so I'm not sure why this has suddenly changed so dramatically.

Edited by captinjoehenry
  • Like 1

So i went for it again in the most recent update: Austria-Hungary starting at 1890 with hard difficulty.

The thing is ther quite certainly must be an issue with awarding VPs, unrest and naval presdige:

AH_VictoryAwardIssue.thumb.png.7e071237d282ca0e7ef01cb1d5cb5381.png

Note i did not ever exceed my budget, hardly lost any ships (TBs mostly because they currently just exist to sink it seems), won each and every singly battle and did not loose a single TR.

It seems even if the victory screen (detailed statistic after a battle as well the short summary screen from the encounter window) does show VPs awarded correctly, finally they are counted the other way around which leads to the state as shown above.

Also since Nick mentioned it previously, i can gurantee you that no tampering was done at all (minus the fact i do manually backup saves as i progress, in this case i could even provide you a history of ~ 8 savegames leading up to the current state as shown above).

i guess i could continue this campaign untill i loose due the bug if you want me to, but its 3am here atm so, not right now :P

• Like 1

How are any of you playing the campaign at all? Ive probably wasted 6 hours since hot fix 3 on ship designing alone, all lost because the game never loads back to map after I exit the ship constructor. I give up on it after 10 minutes of 'loading map'. In hot fix 2 it wouldn't do this, but only if i quit out of the game entirely after i created the campaign, and went back in, now it just never loads no mater what. Also in hot fix 2 i had to quit back to the main menu every single turn because it would also never load the next month ether.

• Like 1