Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

7 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

In your own screen shot you can see the casemate has over 10 inches of side armor, that's where all the weight is coming from. I always 0 out casemate armor.

Main gun weight differences can also be explained by how much armor is on it, and different barrel calibers on the different turret models.

Well, good catch, armour take part of weight. It should be added to tooltip. But as you see, turrets and casemates still not equal even with stripped armour.

Main guns also can't be explained just with "it's armour weight" thing. Especially when guns have not only less caliber, but also less length.

z.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jkl said:

Well, good catch, armour take part of weight. It should be added to tooltip. But as you see, turrets and casemates still not equal even with stripped armour.

Main guns also can't be explained just with "it's armour weight" thing. Especially when guns have not only less caliber, but also less length.

z.jpg

Most likely it's due to the difference in design of the gun.  The turret it you look at it is just the gun itself mounted on a pedestal with a tiny gun shield.  While if you look at the casemate gun you can see that it has a much more substantial mounting and plating.  Which I think would still have structural steel there instead of nothing.  

Same applies for the main gun.  Both the 11.9 guns are in different turret designs so they have different weight.  As when a gun is in different designs of turrets it has different properties.  Some turret designs have longer guns than other turret designs.  And the 12" is quite a bit shorter than the 11.9" gun and that gun length difference is why the 11.9" weighs more

1 minute ago, captinjoehenry said:

Most likely it's due to the difference in design of the gun.  The turret it you look at it is just the gun itself mounted on a pedestal with a tiny gun shield.  While if you look at the casemate gun you can see that it has a much more substantial mounting and plating.  Which I think would still have structural steel there instead of nothing.  

Same applies for the main gun.  Both the 11.9 guns are in different turret designs so they have different weight.  As when a gun is in different designs of turrets it has different properties.  Some turret designs have longer guns than other turret designs.  And the 12" is quite a bit shorter than the 11.9" gun and that gun length difference is why the 11.9" weighs more

So, casemate gun have x4 weight compare to turret one by plating with 0 (zero) armour. Definetly not balance issue, sure.

About main guns, picrelated. And not, it's not problem just with 11" gun's design.

Idk why you guys can't just launch game and check thing before post something. 

z.jpg

3 hours ago, TiagoStein said:

That is a bit of desire of overcontrol maybe?

People do not have that mentaility with numbers that are not percentages, so that might be  the way to solve this confusion. Find another way to represent the inertia tensor other than a growing percentage

Well, I do not not demand to change anything in how the hulls or game works, just in how it is representated to us. If there is a "pitch" number between 0 and 20 which I can influence but the end result is showing me a 0 - 50, which has inbetween a figure of 30 which I can not influence,  then I would rather have the game only a number between 0 and 20 shown to me (could be % as well).

There is absolutely no need to show me numbers, which I cant influence anyway in the design screen.

How do I get peace negotiations?

I have defeated the French by agreeing to make peace, which just ended the war without any reparations.

Then I have driven the British though two revolutions already, but neither ended the war with them.

What do I need to do for them to negotiate for peace where I can take ships, provinces or money from them?

Well, I do not not demand to change anything in how the hulls or game works, just in how it is representated to us. If there is a "pitch" number between 0 and 20 which I can influence but the end result is showing me a 0 - 50, which has inbetween a figure of 30 which I can not influence,  then I would rather have the game only a number between 0 and 20 shown to me (could be % as well).

There is absolutely no need to show me numbers, which I cant influence anyway in the design screen.

what do you mean you cannot influence pitch? hull parameter play a huge part in pitch control. it's perfectly doable to bring a 1890 ship design pitch below "orange":

X6jRczs.jpg

Edited by LoSboccacc

38 minutes ago, jkl said:

So, casemate gun have x4 weight compare to turret one by plating with 0 (zero) armour. Definetly not balance issue, sure.

About main guns, picrelated. And not, it's not problem just with 11" gun's design.

Idk why you guys can't just launch game and check thing before post something. 

z.jpg

Sorry I should have been more clear.  I'm talking about the guns 3d model.  Different 3d models for the same gun have different properties.  Here's an example:
Japanese 13.9" mk5 gun with with max barrel length:20220603180308_1.thumb.jpg.db98005d94420f2c13d4b5b60f586fec.jpg German 13.9" mk5 gun with max barrel length:20220603180101_1.thumb.jpg.564fc38ed0137789c141331d12b115e6.jpg

As you can see with identical settings the German turret design ( 3d model ) weighs a decent bit less while having slight longer barrels.  So the fact that the 11.9" gun has such a vastly different design ( 3d model ) than the 12" gun that alone can easily account for the 10% difference in weight between the two of them.

So the 3d model of the turret that a gun is mounted in has various effects on the gun.  Here's another example:
German 3.9" mk 5 max length gun on a BB:
20220603180910_1.thumb.jpg.6ccab7f152e0f0c57f070f94bed3cdd0.jpg

German 3.9" mk 5 max length gun on a DD:20220603181032_1.thumb.jpg.70c166685ec3dc0c0607399270188cab.jpg

As you can see the gun on the BB has a notably longer length (The value after the / in the gun name ) the weight is the same but that's likely just due to rounding.  As gun weight seems to always be rounded to the nearest ton (Ammo weight mean while gets 1 decimal place) and given the weight difference is likely around 10% that likely means there isn't a sufficiently large difference in weight between these designs (3d model) of 3.9" mk 5 max length german guns.

• Like 1

my campaign got completly softlocked after the peace treaty. my camera is fixed on germany and i cant move it anymore and i cant build any ships because of the bug below

edit: restarting fixed the bug and i cant replicate what the heck happened even if i tried

image.thumb.png.d40938605408042f53adefc4bea1b2cb.png

Edited by dasHopsili

Alliances are currently mandatory which is very weird. You get events to ally a country, say no and lower relations, but the game has already put you in a war with them and allied them and you're just forced to fight with them (Extremely obvious problem if you don't want to help France as Britain in 1890, you'll end up at war with Italy and Austria-Hungary and can't opt out of it any form)

• Like 3

Playing around with 1940s accuracy, I'll concur that large calibers are effectively shotguns now. 

I pulled up a hull and slapped some guns on it, so these are all on the same ship, and all at +20% length. image.thumb.png.7442f68e0578ffbf4ccce4f3f387fe3c.png

Hopefully that comes out clear enough to see. The 12s are absurdly accurate, the 20s are laughable. You can see how quickly the accuracy drops off with an increase in caliber. A little of this might be mark differences, but even within the same mark, 12s to 13s, the accuracy drops by something like a 1/3 to 1/2.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Aloeus said:

Playing around with 1940s accuracy, I'll concur that large calibers are effectively shotguns now. 

I pulled up a hull and slapped some guns on it, so these are all on the same ship, and all at +20% length. image.thumb.png.7442f68e0578ffbf4ccce4f3f387fe3c.png

Hopefully that comes out clear enough to see. The 12s are absurdly accurate, the 20s are laughable. You can see how quickly the accuracy drops off with an increase in caliber. A little of this might be mark differences, but even within the same mark, 12s to 13s, the accuracy drops by something like a 1/3 to 1/2.  

Exactly this.  This is a pretty massive issue.  In most cases assuming you have mature gun technology you should have good accuracy no matter the size of the gun.  And the longer range a gun will usually mean that gun is going to be comparatively more accurate at the same ranges than guns with shorter max ranges.  

This has been the case in all previous game versions until 1.06 patch 3.  There is a bit of a drop when the size goes up and the tech level goes down but in the past it has always recovered with one or two size steps up.  And that makes a lot of sense with how guns tend to work.  But in the current 1.06 patch 3 it seems to have gone completely out of whack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

I am getting put in battles where:
1. the campaign forces me to attack
2. the AI instantly retreats in game
3. I am unable to chase down the fleeing ships or hit 'end battle' 
4. i risk taking damage if i lead prematurely

Have you tried running away from the AI? When you get a certain distance apart, the "End Battle" button usually comes up, at least IME.

More of a hunch than a confirmed issue, but the AI seems borderline unaffected by transport losses. As Britain I was losing tons of my growth and transport capacity anytime something was sunk in the North Sea, but with a full blockade of Italy and Austria-Hungary, on top of sinking literally dozens of transports of theirs, they were still growing happily. Their growth just looked like a bad few months on the passive growth rather than any actual war impacting them.

Edit: It seems after many *many* months the AI does get affected, but it feels like I have to sink 10 TR to have the AI feel the impact of me losing perhaps 2 or 3

Edited by Traslo

17 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

There were a few more fixes in the Update 3 that were not mentioned.

- Citadel size and offset now aids more to stabilize the ship and reduce pitch/roll.
- Detonation/Flash Fire base chances reduced. Note: The Flash Fire chance in the Design phase is indicative. If you have proper armor protection you may never have a Flash Fire even though the chance is high when the Flash Fire conditions are met.
- Some other minor fixes for bugs reported.

Hi Nick, can you show flash fire (if penned) chance in the HUD with the roll & engine efficiency? It's one of those numbers I'm always checking when I build. Thank you!

10 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

As far as the 18" shell penetrating the main gun turret did you see how much damage it actually did?  As the German SBB have some of the highest damage resistance in the game.  It's very much their main trait. 

The turret pens were averaging 250 dmg, so that turret in particular took about 1250 dmg.

*UPDATE 4 * (4/6/2022)

- Various critical bug fixes for the campaign. Saves have been reset so that you can  play without troubles. Long range firing is now again consistent without accuracy being too high.
- Gun Ballistics/Aiming adjustments.
- Nation Initial relations slight balance
- Campaign tech progress is now faster.
- Other minor fixes/improvements.

Please restart Steam to download.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Aloeus said:

I think it correlates with shell speed and not just caliber.

Squish.thumb.png.ce6e6210d445c82b20af15661e8f3fef.pngThe german 15" twin gun turrets and those with the same model still have their turrets change size instead of barrel length, shrinking and expanding to comical sizes when adjusted, also the twin turrets is considered 15"/45 while the triple is 15"52 even though the model would suggest otherwise.

Edited by CAR DOOR

30 minutes ago, LoSboccacc said:

I think it correlates with shell speed and not just caliber.

Interesting, but I tried it out and it doesn't seem so. 

image.thumb.png.f3d76a7b1292a0dfb01208997d10896a.pngimage.png.7967e4722ffd30c11e187538bde5e25a.png

image.png.06ded4fb6674c262a65b514ac4acaf12.png

Tried to match the velocities, the 12" took a nerf but not that big a nerf. Then took the 12" up to 12.9, its accuracy got better, not worse even though the velocity came down (this is back to 20% length). 

This is after patch 4 by the way, evidently nothing meaningful changed to large caliber accuracy. the 20s are still shotguns. 

• Like 2

War ending is definitely still a non-functional mechanic. as Britain I got Italy, Austria-Hungary and Germany to all accept peace. It resets relations, it changes how many battles we can have with them, but they are still allowed to raid our convoys and our blockades still stay in effect. I even got the peace-deal screen with Austria-hungary and requested most of their battleships, only to receive nothing and then tensions just kept forcing relations down immediately and restarted the war. Effectively at the moment we get a year or two of peace and then it is perpetual broken war until 1950 or we lose earlier.

• Like 1

Updated 4 is consistently giving me the "Building Ships" freeze after wars start. (Started three campaigns in a row as France.)

I can exit out to the main menu, then resume the campaign and continue the turn. Sometimes popups for relationship changes or transports sinking will often come up when I do so. The dialogs also cycle through Building Ships, then a couple others, including Updating Relationships, before flipping back to Building Ships. Almost like the bug is just forgetting to reset the UI dismiss the status popup, not actually freezing the game.

• Like 2