Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

When you have an empty hull. you randomize the starting armor, initial armor is different, so the weight changes.

Ah, thx for the feedback. That makes then total sense. I thought I had covered all the bases with 0 adjustment but didnt notice the game throws some in automatically.

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The hull is empty. By adding main guns on the ship, towers on the center, funnels, and by adjusting the citadel to be offset correctly you minimize pitch/roll.

Nice theory. And now reality.z5AX1Sv.jpg

An empty hull had a penalty of 49.9 + 91.1 = 141 After installing enough modules, this became 61.6 + 73.8 = 135.4
Yes, almost the same. You still get your -33 % accuracy penalty.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TAKTCOM said:

An empty hull had a penalty of 49.9 + 91.1 = 141 After installing enough modules, this became 61.6 + 73.8 = 135.4

This type of hull is indeed very unstable, but these hulls for small CA were historically very unstable too, they would carry too big guns for them to handle.

15 minutes ago, TAKTCOM said:

Is the Austrian CA hull in 1890? I don't have those initial pitch and roll values.

Also, it seems you are using heavy main guns for a 4k ton hull. 2x 8 inch guns? The new system allows the player to do that, but the penalty will be too much.

28 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Is the Austrian CA hull in 1890?

Yeah. Start new company.

I don't have those initial pitch and roll values.

eJ4oTgxOQuMWG5ZNvun0oA.jpeg

Also, it seems you are using heavy main guns for a 4k ton hull. 2x 8 inch guns? The new system allows the player to do that, but the penalty will be too much.

No heavy main guns, still great penalty.

3vNUtKg.jpg

32 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This type of hull is indeed very unstable, but these hulls for small CA were historically very unstable too, they would carry too big guns for them to handle.

So, that's how it was meant to be. Well, thanks for your answer, I guess.

Power projection and the resulting tension is weird right now.

As Austria-Hungary I was wondering if I could distance myself form Germany to not get drawn into their war. So I parted a ship right next to Helgoland and it ended up pissing only the UK off, with Germany don't minding it.

So I recalled my ship, but it was still listed in North Sea power projection and consequently kept pissing off the Brits until it had arrived back in port, despite having left the area in question 3 month earlier.

I am not reporting this as bug, because I am unsure it intentional or not but somethign is strange indeed. Anyway, I was trying to pay attention if amo dets and flash fires caused by extrem end hits are fixed.

And while nothing boom-ish happened, thats is a lot of damage and flooding for a penetrating shell that hit outside the citadel. 3 compartments are fully flooded - including one that is inside the armored citadel and, if corretly modeled, a massive traverse bulkhead protecting the magazine of the aft turrets in between the edges of the main belt. Certainly to much for few shell splinters or the bursting charge to defeat ......

79iidhn.jpg

Now I can understand damage spreading on huls raked with damage (so ships actually sink, which is needed), but I beg to differ that is the case in this instance.

Whaits is particular is that the section that has been supposedly hit (and with it the stearing gears) is not that baddly damaged.

mUc2XCd.png

However the aft sections where the magazines would have been located under the turrets are utterly destroyed.

I dont know how close the visual representations are, but it says it went in through the aft belt, and the demolished sections are defintely under the turrets. This looks more like an ammo detonation or at least a massive citadel penetration.

€: Sending you the savefile, but can you tell me if that is something you want sent in? I dont wanna clog up the report queue.

Edited by havaduck

I built this ship to see if pre-dreadnought era armored cruisers do, in fact, have unavoidably high pitch and roll penalties to accuracy (seems they do) but apparently it needs another main tower? I tried replacing the cage mast with a different one and had the same problem.

20220602105014_1.jpg

I am kind of curious as to what I need to do in order to see people first?  No matter what nation I play I always get shot before I can see the other side.

Also I agree the flash fire is out of whack.  I am causing 3 to 4 flash fires a battle against the AI and it's about a 40% rate for me if I get hit by a Torpedo with max torp protection plus 18" of belt armor.  If I max out the beam will this help prevent that?

4 minutes ago, jtjohn1 said:

I am kind of curious as to what I need to do in order to see people first?  No matter what nation I play I always get shot before I can see the other side.

Also I agree the flash fire is out of whack.  I am causing 3 to 4 flash fires a battle against the AI and it's about a 40% rate for me if I get hit by a Torpedo with max torp protection plus 18" of belt armor.  If I max out the beam will this help prevent that?

use smaller scout ships? As far as I understand the Fleet has a view  that is somewhat shared between ships. If your ships is mostly larger shisp they will be spotted and fired before you see the ships that are spotting you (if they are small)

1 hour ago, Sturmalex said:

Why cant I build a refitted class of ships? I retired my initial design because the new one was better and now I cant build the refitted design? 

image.thumb.png.e3fe0c1edcc8ed1747b6113460714adb.png

You can only refit existing ships, not build a refit from scratch. Had the same problem in one of my campaigns.

Would be nice if you could though... Kinda silly to have to build a ship with obsolete tech only to refit it the second it's finished.

• Like 4

Some campaign feedback:

- Victory point bug is still on, every single VP earned by me is counted for the enemy.

- Lack of missions variety, mostly it's 1 vs many

- Most importantly, research is in dire need of overhaul. Research is very slow, with max funds from 1890-1910 i still did not get dreadnoughts reesearched, and the tech info say "very advanced" (i assume very advanced compared to enemy, seeing the dreadful obsolete tubs they are bravely sailing). Also the focuses need to be overhauled. They have basically no sense now, unbearably slowing all other research. Especially they are called "free focuses" which suggest they should be, well, free.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TiagoStein said:

I had a weird bug with the  wars in campaign yesterday. I was with Germany at war with UK.  At the same turn later France declared war on me and Austria into UK. but.. when the battled happened, the French ships were with MY fleet and firing at the British .. when the battle ended the French ships destroyed counted against British  side of the war (even if I was controlling them and suiciding them into British ships.

I tried to replicate the bug but it seems I need to get 2 wars at the same turn for that to happen and that is not so easy to replicate.

Something similar happened to me just before the hotfix.
As Germany, at war with Britain and France who were allies.
Britain and France who were allies against me, for some reason go to war against each other.
I start a battle and find British ships under my control fighting the French.
Win the battle, destroyed Brit ships counted against the French.

Okay now the VP bug has become even worse.

When I lose a battle, both sides get their own VP and when I win it the VP are switched...

Please fix this VP bug as quickly as possible, because right now it's impossible for me to test the campaign like this, unless the aim is to test the losing conditions...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roachbeef said:

Massive lag/freezing can occur when editing values in the shipyard. The lag and freezes will disappear upon creating a new design or copying the design to a new slot. Starts @1:40 of the video

(

I can confirm that. It seems it is triggered by DRAGING a module int he hull (like a turret, forward and backwards)

2 hours ago, Sturmalex said:

Why cant I build a refitted class of ships? I retired my initial design because the new one was better and now I cant build the refitted design? 

I think you might have deleted the updated design. The designs in italics are less-current ships still in service which you can refit; the new refit keeps the name of the original design and isn't in italics.

I do think it would be nice if this were a bit clearer; I'd at least like the date on a ship design to include the month in case I design multiple refits within a year and have to tell them apart.

Is there an issue with penetration?

I have a BB with 15.5 inch guns fighting CAs with 13 inch main belts of 132% quality armor which should be 30 inches thick.

My AP rounds have 67-48 inches of penetration at the ranges combat is happening and yet I cannot penetrate their main belt, even from 90 degrees and close range. 

The penetration tool says I have high chances to penetrate, about 40% which seems somewhat reasonable, but after a couple dozen hits it has not happened yet. 

That seems... statistically unlikely 

9 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Okay now the VP bug has become even worse.

When I lose a battle, both sides get their own VP and when I win it the VP are switched...

Please fix this VP bug as quickly as possible, because right now it's impossible for me to test the campaign like this, unless the aim is to test the losing conditions...

Having now played one Germany campaign (where I encountered some issues at the end but won) and two-ish Italy campaigns with the VP bug, it might be related to joining an ongoing war/a war starting before you fight. Also it seems to be that if you win (couldn't check what happens if you lose) unrest and prestige loss are applied as if the sides were switched.

Edit: Having played a bit more I have discovered that while fighting the French applies battle VP, Prestige and Unrest the wrong way around, but fighting the British seems to assign everything correctly (same campaign, same war, only really able to check VP)

Edit 2: Britain seems to have dropped out of the war against me at some point (they are in a financial death spiral atm) and now VP and stuff gets assigned correctly.20220603041201_1.thumb.jpg.7d32f0c470f39d69efb9b3373fc21aa3.jpg

Edited by StrategicOwl

Thank you for the progress so far. I'm excited by the items released and by the roadmap!

Unfortunately, this version of the game is the one with the most bugs I was able to encounter so far.

Victory points going to the enemy instead of myself (and making me lose the war)

Game freezing between turns.

Frame rate drops.

Game is basically unplayable for me at the moment. I'll gladly wait for the next hotfix to try again :)

• Like 2