Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

6 hours ago, Draco said:

You can only refit existing ships, not build a refit from scratch. Had the same problem in one of my campaigns.

Would be nice if you could though... Kinda silly to have to build a ship with obsolete tech only to refit it the second it's finished.

You can copy the refit design, then build that as new.

-------------------------------------

With the Citadel Armor (previous post), I think it helps to take down base damage, turns full pen into partial pen. Probably most effective against HE base damage.

Counter would be increased fuse time, i.e. shell explodes pass the citadel.

Just guessing, hard to confirm. 

Edited by Skeksis

4 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

Puoi copiare il progetto di refit, quindi costruirlo come nuovo.

-----------------------

Con l'armatura Citadel (post precedente), penso che aiuti a trasformare la penna intera in penna parziale, riducendo i danni di base. Probabilmente più efficace contro il danno base HE.

Il contatore aumenterebbe il tempo di miccia, ad es. il proiettile esplode oltre la cittadella, trasformando una penna parziale in una penna piena.

Solo supposizioni, difficile da confermare. 

unfortunately it doesn't let you build it even if you copy them (in version 1 of 1.06)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, havaduck said:

Another thing I wanted to point out for ages but keep forgetting, but its in this update as well so I might as well ......

I am using this example but its the same with all hulls from what Ive seen:

So here is the basic hulls, nothing adjusted, nothing added yet. Its at 16.222 tons.

SBiFyRx.jpg

And here is the same unadjusted empy hull just ~500 tons lighter at 15.753 tons!

Hu6Bmwc.jpg

The trick? just click on the basic hull a few time. I got hulls over 16.3xx tons and I got one under 15.700 tons too, which is obviously stupid and not intended.

€: 16.600 tons! 

OPlMFvj.jpg

On this hull alone one can save potentially ~1.000 tons of base weight just by clicking!!! on the hull enough times.

Just tested this one out, not as big an issue as first impressions would implicate.
Clicking on the hull multiple times will give you a new hull weight for every click, but the weight doesn't always go down, it can in fact, increase by a significant amount as well. Reason being is that every time you are given a new hull, the base armor values are randomized. This can lead to some pretty significant differences in initial weight and longitudinal offset b/c the values have a tendency to be all over the place, with what seems to be a preference toward a distributed armor scheme, rather than a more conventional all or nothing system.

Just something that'd be nice to have is in the UI when you mouse over the gun image during combat, on the ship characteristics part, you can see the number of guns and turrets for that caliber. You'll be grouping up same calibers which is nice but still it doesn't tell you the layout of them. I'm left counting the turrets and guns per turret to get a sense of how many weapons the ship has. The format would be 14x1 or 3x3. Number of turrets on the left and guns per turret on the right. It's been brought up on here before and it's a low priority thing, but if you're gonna be working on grouping the same calibers together than why not just add this little UI tidbit

EDIT: It's already in with this latest beta patch. Nvm my bad

Edited by Jatzi
  • Like 1

I just saw the 1.06 beta patch is out and fired up Dreadnoughts.    I usually start with Austria (1890) in part because they are the first nation that comes up and in part because I like the underdog. 

I go into the dockyard and try to make a ship.   No matter what I do I have terrible pitch, roll, and engine efficiency values.   This is a perfect example of negative feedback and after fiddling around with some hulls and combinations I give up, put the game down, and do something else. 

Why is everything so uniformly bad?  Is it due to 1890 tech being scaled so that 100% pitch and 80% roll the best you can do vs 1950 tech?   From what the ship builder is telling me ship seems likely to capsize as soon as it is undocked. 

I wonder if pitch-roll was fixed, it was almost impossible to make ships before. But by the last comment from Hale, it seems pitch-roll and engine efficency were not fixed. Will wait till its fixed actually.

50 minutes ago, Nagato said:

I wonder if pitch-roll was fixed, it was almost impossible to make ships before. But by the last comment from Hale, it seems pitch-roll and engine efficency were not fixed. Will wait till its fixed actually.

You’ll be waiting for a long time then, because the devs confirmed that pitch and roll were working as intended in this update.

Diplomacy

> I resent the fact that war and peace are basically decided entirely by the game. I hope this system isn't retained. Hoping the ability to offer peace is provided by the game, with a more severe level of damage being required if you want peace with heavy reparations. 

> Peace deals sometimes fail in the sense that i accept a peace that is offered but it doesn't result in peace
> reparations have never worked thus far, i demand stuff and don't get it when the next turn arrives. 

1 hour ago, admiralsnackbar said:

Diplomacy

> I resent the fact that war and peace are basically decided entirely by the game. I hope this system isn't retained. Hoping the ability to offer peace is provided by the game, with a more severe level of damage being required if you want peace with heavy reparations. 

> Peace deals sometimes fail in the sense that i accept a peace that is offered but it doesn't result in peace
> reparations have never worked thus far, i demand stuff and don't get it when the next turn arrives. 

I've run into the issue, 2 years into the campaign, that my economy has now stagnated and I have no meaningful way to effectively end my wars and get my economy back on track. I've now defeated both Germany and Austria outright, but the game continued the wars. I've blockaded them, with fleets sitting outside their ports (smaller ones too, daring them to come out) but I'm only able to pick away at scraps. 

Either we need a way to demand peace and actually get out of wars, or we need a way to reduce naval spending (I'm sitting like a dragon on a hoard because I dont need all of my budget) and effectively negate the economic setbacks that come with long wars. 

I am constantly getting torpedo detonations on my ships.
Thing is, I have only underwater launchers.  Should this be happening?  Because at the frequency its happening and the amount of damage its doing, there is no real point in ever using underwater launchers.

Edited by Kane
  • Like 1

*UPDATE 3 * (3/6/2022)

- Various important bug fixes for the campaign, including fix for the crew pool reset bug and the non-ending wars after peace treaties.
- Fix of gun calibers bugs which were affecting various gun stats.
- Further improvement on shell ballistics.
- Targeting signature mechanics improved. Now the Targeting Signature is not producing inflated values creating too large accuracy bonuses vs very large ships or with a lot of parts added on the hull. The gun accuracy has been balanced and improved overall.
- Now gun penetration/accuracy data shows all the possible ranges for the guns (previously there was a limit of 35 km).
- Battle AI improvement, especially on its handling of big formations.
- Citadel size and offset now aids more to stabilize the ship and reduce pitch/roll.
- Detonation/Flash Fire base chances reduced. Note: The Flash Fire chance in the Design phase is indicative. If you have proper armor protection you may never have a Flash Fire even though the chance is high when the Flash Fire conditions are met.
- Some other minor fixes for bugs reported.

Please restart Steam to download the update.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Flash Fire Chance, initial base figure, all hulls, all classes, all nations:

1940 104.8%
1935 104.8%
1930 104.8%
1925 116.1%
1920 134.1%
1915 146.3%
1910 155.9%
1905 140.0%
1900 100.0%
1895 100.0%
1890 100.0%

Between 1900 and 1930... "there is something wrong with our bloody ships today".

*Update 3*.

E.g. with all 1910 reducing 'flash fire chance' options set, you can't get below 30%. Though I haven't continue into the campaign yet, it is most likely your ships aren't going to be very stable.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 1

Got some gun accuracy feedback here, pic kinda speaks for itself.
4VsFGVW.png
I don't even know how this happened. Standard Yamato build, 460/65's 155/60's 120/60's, super-heavy, modern triple base, TNT 4, coincidence rangefinders 5, radar 3

Update w/ results of that battle.
SD3YMJU.png
After 540 hours in this game, having tested hundreds of ship designs, I have never scored that many secondary hits. Even excluding the 40mm mounts, this is the highest number of hits I've scored with a single ship, mainly due to the fact that I've never needed to do so. I'm not sure what happened to BB caliber accuracy, but I'm not sure its something that should stay as it is right now.

Edited by SodaBit
Battle results

12 hours ago, Draco said:

You can only refit existing ships, not build a refit from scratch. Had the same problem in one of my campaigns.

Would be nice if you could though... Kinda silly to have to build a ship with obsolete tech only to refit it the second it's finished.

Thanks, I was totally unaware of that. That makes little sense, it clutters the Fleet Screen because you keep the Base-Ship and its iteration(s) and as you said, makes little sense, why would I build a ship with old tech and then refit it. For example to change the type of armour on a BB it takes 6+ months.

I just got asked whether I wanted an alliance with Germany. I declined and still ended up in an alliance anyway...

Also Austria-Hungary when starting in 1890 doesn't seem to get any pre-dreadnoughts to unlock. You start with BB1 and research consistently brings me directly to Dreadnought 1, with no other BB hull in between.
Is that intentional?

Edit:

Also this just happened...

image.png.7800f37fa3f5d909f1a4f159693b1f0a.png

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Makko said:

Is there an issue with penetration?

I have a BB with 15.5 inch guns fighting CAs with 13 inch main belts of 132% quality armor which should be 30 inches thick.

My AP rounds have 67-48 inches of penetration at the ranges combat is happening and yet I cannot penetrate their main belt, even from 90 degrees and close range. 

The penetration tool says I have high chances to penetrate, about 40% which seems somewhat reasonable, but after a couple dozen hits it has not happened yet. 

That seems... statistically unlikely 

I'm seeing this too, it might have something do with CAs as well. I'm shooting 13.9" shells that have 40" of penetration at the range I'm shooting, with  roughly 90 degree on CAs and getting way to many partial pens vs their 7.9" belt. Even counting their inner belts, 10.9" overall (this should not be additive, multiple plates were not as effective as the equivalent thickness) I should still be getting more pens (I have a total of 2 after 34 main gun hits.)

EDIT: I'm noticing a ton of my hits at point blank range are deck hits. 

Edited by Aloeus
  • Like 2

I'm also really confused about my budget. I have had consistently positive growth for 13 years and been in no wars. I have 200% transports and yet my GDP has not changed since the start of the game. And my income shrinks all the time, instead of increasing, despite not building any new ships.

Why is that?
Is it because of the pseudo-war where I am in alliance with someone who is at war (against my will), but never got a war declaration myself?

Update: Now I was finally unable to avoid war with the British and in the war my GDP has now grown, despite losing the occasional transport. 17 years of peace without GDP growth, but after just 3 month of "war" without any action battle being fought my GDP goes up...

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 4

Another thing I had a couple of times that I do not appreciate is taskforces combining on their own.

In the most current case I had a task force sitting between Sicily and Tunesia on protection duty. And when I sent another task force on sea control duty north of Sardinia, the Tunesia/Sicily blockade force automatically joned the other task force when it passed them by.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Also Austria-Hungary when starting in 1890 doesn't seem to get any pre-dreadnoughts to unlock. You start with BB1 and research consistently brings me directly to Dreadnought 1, with no other BB hull in between.
Is that intentional?

I reported that to v1.05 and yes, you start on a BB1 hull and can beeline to the next hull that is a Dreadnaught, nothing in between. i guess that simply did not add any other hulls maybe will maybe not.

To me personally this adds some favor to the underdog feeling, at least they get useful CA and CL hulls eventually, but you need to be aware of that to play towartds that fact (as currently there is no way to know in advance what hulls you can research and where is a hole like this).

It seems that my yesterdays savegame vanished after update 3.
Anyway, some feedback, although from Update 2:

1.) The Task Force and Battle creation needs some rework, sending 2-6 BBs into the Med as Austria didnt create any Battles for me (tried every stance), but detaching 1 BB and send him alone will instantly generate battles where my lone BB fights against about 2 CA, 3 CL and 50 TB. 

I would be quite ok with just attaching ships to a sea region through task forces, but then let the game decide how these ships will join the battles (like it was a few patches ago), maybe give us an extra option to select if we like small, medium or big battles. I guess that would make balancing the sandbox campaign also much easier ? 

2.) 1890 start is much much better, finally I can defend myself against TB with small caliber guns, which actually can hit and sink TBs like I would expect them to.

3.) Enemies are building too much TB in the 1890 campaign, like 50-80 TB for Italy is a little bit too much, especially with their 0,9Km range and Duds, they arent really that usefull, the AI should better use that money to build more BBs. I managed multiple times to sink about 30 TBs with only 1 BBs in the battle, which gets a little bit annoying after some time. 

4.) Sending all my fleet as Austria into the eastern Med didnt changed anything politically with Italy (which I wanted), they had 0 ships there and I a Power Projection of like 20.000, no change at all. Sending 1 ship into the western med will instantly change relation with France though.

5.) I could never blockade Italy as Austria, even having lots more Power Projection in western and eastern med, like they had 0 to 1000 and I 20.000 - 40.000 in both.

6.) I dont know what to think about the CL smoking spam, is that realistic ? In 1890-1920 ? AI CLs are basically all the time in smoke, doesnt look very good. Maybe smoke should be a module for CLs which comes with its own costs, ammunition and other drawbacks ? I think that mechanic needs some overhaul.

The game goes in the right direction, keep up the good work ! :)

Edited by Rucki
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, vyprestrike said:

You’ll be waiting for a long time then, because the devs confirmed that pitch and roll were working as intended in this update.

As intended. It worked far far better in 1.05. This "so called upgrade " is catastrophy, i cant create one single bloody ship that has no pitch-roll in yellow. Its impossible to make. This is downgrade not an upgrade. They changed things that worked maked them worse. It totally destroy fun of making ships. Not only my ships cant hit a squat they get butchered in every battle, i did manage to make few decent designs but it is still a bad. I simply cannot see this as an upgrade.