Game-Labs Forum

Timber Feedback Thread - PINNED

Crafting needs something exclusive to crafting. Exotic timbers is exactly that. Leave it this way.

Making them optional for DLC ships just devalues them, and seasoned woods along with them. Everybody will again cry and complain about their "precious" ships becoming "obsolete". At this point it's just enerving, this "I want it all" attitude.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Crafting needs something exclusive to crafting. Exotic timbers is exactly that. Leave it this way.

Making them optional for DLC ships just devalues them, and seasoned woods along with them. Everybody will again cry and complain about their "precious" ships becoming "obsolete". At this point it's just enerving, this "I want it all" attitude.

Sadly admins will change it because so many cried. As we saw with season wood on dlc 

Let's see the positive aspects of this wood change (on which we should have soon details).

• Players cried about "Pay-to-Win-DLC's". Please refer to the relevant whining topics. Solved
  • Players cried about "Broken crafting". Please refer to the relevant whining topics. Solved

• Like 1

@admin from my experience with your tuning and tweaking it wont change much since you oftenly dont give it a significant pro / con, for instance if you would build a thick ship, those splinters would devastate crew when it first penetrates so alot of pros to thickness but huge negative effect to splinter damage.

When you usually do this it gets halfway and end up having even larger hp and thickness pool and not really any significant disadvantage

5 hours ago, Lieste said:

A thousand tons of fir weigh the same as a thousand tons of oak. It just takes a little more volume.

If find your metaphor/comparison really not related. its NOT going to be JUST little more volume

What would you say about 65m by 1m by 1m square block.  Volume same - what would be the weight difference. Lets say  Silver Fir vs Lignum vitae?

New Woods

Pro: I like the Idear

Contra: It spawns just at several Spaces and it is imported from a Far distance anyway. Why not do it like this THere where the Highest Bid is Placed the stuff will be sold. So for Example When u travel from Europa around the Whole AtlanticWhy would u travel to the First island when u can get a higher Price at another Port? Alternativ: Make it just available in every freeport so everyone has the scame chances to get it.

What i Hate: The Imbalance. Seasoned woods is already strong The new woods is Unbeatable in a not seasoned ship. 

Old Woods 

Like: That u want to give every wood an Existingreason

Contra: That we have already stacked up Materials which lose his Existingreason

Hate: That usual wood is useless when u just compare it with DLC ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Exotic rare timbers will not be in notes or in DLC. They are crafting only. They are more expensive better versions of their seasoned more common timbers.

• Like 3

User Manual is updated

• Add an explanation and screen shots about wind boosts,
  • Update DLC list, addition of Victory 1765,
  • Check ship characteristics (based on “Felix’s Map”), addition of Victory 1765
  • Add player protection (Home Defence Fleets and Light Fleets)
  • Add new woods (those that can be planted, those that can be used for DLC ships and those that only drop in some ports [rule/conditions to be defined])
  • New RVR Rules / Flags
  • Explanation about “Transport to Port Battle”
  • Port Investments (how to increase the number of port points?)
  • Change in ROE, timers, exit rules.
  • Like 2

OMG, Locust is not usable now like wood, doubs and time wasting for nothing. Seriously devs, this is frustating.

And you put african teak so buffed, a wood dropped for a unconquerable port... and same with malbar teak.

I think that now is the moment for leaving for a while.

o7

Edited by Despe
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Despe said:

OMG, Locust is not usable now like wood, doubs and time wasting for nothing. Seriously devs, this is frustating.

And you put african teak so buffed, a wood dropped for a unconquerable port... and same with malbar teak.

o7

Captain, locust is similar to live oak with slightly more hp and mast thickness than live oak. Live oak has slightly more hull thickness

PkJmN8c.png

36 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captain, locust is similar to live oak with slightly more hp and mast thickness than live oak. Live oak has slightly more hull thickness

PkJmN8c.png

o7 Ink

Locust is not usable now... Live oak is better in all. I think that you nerf too much locust and now is not a good wood. I think that a correct way to fix locust was nerf a little the thickness, but with more thickness that live (22 vs 18.5 for example in seasoned), a little nerf of speed, but up speed than live (3% more speed than live S for example) and nerf the HP bonuses down the live (for example +10 in locust and +24 in Live). This makes it a specialized wood for thickness, wich is more usable for players that like that stat... But now is not playable. And i spend reals in Locust S blueprint. i spend doubs on making the port investement for build the mine, i was 2 days moving stuff for liberate an outpost for build the forest... And now i will destroy it, so was a waste of time and resourcers...

In the case of seasoned woods, i like this changes, because the prevoius nerf on this woods was totally wrong imho. Now are much more balanced...

Edited by Despe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Despe said:

o7

With respect but it's crazy to put any time into this game other than sailing junk or DLC ships, you are just setting yourself up for frustration.  Simply because NA keeps changing so much even before new woods. All of these recent changes especially to RVR  should of been finished and done years ago while still in beta. 

Edited by Urchin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Despe said:

i also find it very doubtful that wood which is not available for some players on the PVP and on the PVE only through silly actions (port camping) gets such buffs. Sure it should be better, but not in the core property (thickness), or not to this degree

give them light buffs on other areas (speed, or similar), then it would be good ... then there also would be not the, before mentioned, thickness problems

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MassimoSud said:

So now the rare woods are the last meta (malabar and african teak mostly), so why do they drop exclusively in the capitals or in almost unconquerable ports (near the HDF)? If we want them to be rare and available to everyone I believe that these woods must drop random in all ports and that they should not be reported in the trader tool. But even so the stronger nations will be even more advantaged. So when can we hope for mechanics that balance the game instead of a hundred new woods that nobody asked (or almost)? Or maybe are the players who have to buy other alts in order to access these resources?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Holm Hansen said:

i also find it very doubtful that wood which is not available for some players on the PVP and on the PVE only through silly actions (port camping) gets such buffs. Sure it should be better, but not in the core property (thickness), or not to this degree

give them light buffs on other areas (speed, or similar), then it would be good ... then there also would be not the, before mentioned, thickness problems

i have no problems on this new woods if access is for all players equal, regardless of faction in which they play. But it is obvious that dutch, brits and american players have the privilege of get this woods on their capital ports, and spanish, french, danes or pirates have not. And this is not fair.

They should be dropped randomly on clan missions like happened a few months ago with teak or white random forest on ports, in which you use doubloons for exchange quantity of wood. That was a good mechanich for players that only want PvP and dont have outpost for making forest. And this is the mechanics that should be work with these new woods

Edited by Despe
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Despe said:

i have no problems on this new woods if access is for all players equal, regardless of faction in which they play. But it is obvious that dutch, brits and american players have the privilege of got this woods on their capital ports, and spanish, french, danes or pirates have not. And this is not fair.

They should be dropped randomly on clan missions like happened a few months ago with teak or white random forest on ports, in which you use doubloons for exchange quantity of wood. That was a good mechanich for players that only want PvP and dont have outpost for making forest. And this is the mechanics that should be work with these new woods

would be a good solution, yes 👍

and maybe additionally add the new woods as loot (even if in small quantities, maybe 10-15 logs), not only for traders, as it is the case now (3-6 logs). A game should reward a player for playing in the way it was intended and not for unusual actions, which we have at the present distribution

... as far as the level of the buffs is involved, I still think they're too high

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Despe said:

o7 Ink

Locust is not usable now... Live oak is better in all. I think that you nerf too much locust and now is not a good wood. I think that a correct way to fix locust was nerf a little the thickness, but with more thickness that live (22 vs 18.5 for example in seasoned), a little nerf of speed, but up speed than live (3% more speed than live S for example) and nerf the HP bonuses down the live (for example +10 in locust and +24 in Live). This makes it a specialized wood for thickness, wich is more usable for players that like that stat... But now is not playable. And i spend reals in Locust S blueprint. i spend doubs on making the port investement for build the mine, i was 2 days moving stuff for liberate an outpost for build the forest... And now i will destroy it, so was a waste of time and resourcers...

In the case of seasoned woods, i like this changes, because the prevoius nerf on this woods was totally wrong imho. Now are much more balanced...

Man sounds like you need to take a break and chill a bit.  Never rush after a change cause it's prob going to get tweeked a bit.   This seems your problem for rushing and not waiting for any changes to be made.   

2 hours ago, Holm Hansen said:

I do have to agree that the woods that only drop in non-captured ports need to be spread out a bit.   This making it so only certain nations gets one type of wood can bring an unfair advantage.  I don't mind the fact the impossible nations don't get any cause they don't have capitals (I mean they are suppose to be hard mode after all), but the spread between the traditional Nations isn't exactly fair.  Hell does Swedes or Dane even have any over in there area?  I know Spanish is totally screwed with no woods at all dropping in there area.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Man sounds like you need to take a break and chill a bit.  Never rush after a change cause it's prob going to get tweeked a bit.   This seems your problem for rushing and not waiting for any changes to be made. 

not tweeked a bit, Locust S was a overpowered wood and now is not usable, it is like compare day and nigth. I knew that Locust needed a fix, because 24 thick and 1 more speed was not correct, was totally disbalanced. But now is not a usable wood.

Edited by Despe

26 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I do have to agree that the woods that only drop in non-captured ports need to be spread out a bit.   This making it so only certain nations gets one type of wood can bring an unfair advantage.  I don't mind the fact the impossible nations don't get any cause they don't have capitals (I mean they are suppose to be hard mode after all), but the spread between the traditional Nations isn't exactly fair.  Hell does Swedes or Dane even have any over in there area?  I know Spanish is totally screwed with no woods at all dropping in there area.

well, not only the narionality of the ports plays a role (on the PVE for example it doesn't matter) but also the way that it is only available in two ports at a time

if port camping is the sense of the game, at least if you look at the current rewards, the goal was achieved