Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Timber. Shipbuilding, Conquest flag testing.

admin

5 hours ago, Never said:

There is an issue with the stats of Locust and Live Oak. @admin you mentioned you would try to keep the values of the old woods in a similar position in relation to the other woods. But Locust seems to have taken the stats of Live Oak. Because Live Oak used to provide the highest thickness, which is now given to Locust (Caguairan).

But you can buy Locust logs at some ports for very low prices, but Live Oak on the other hand requires you build an expensive forest and another expensive building to harvest it. The old version of Live Oak had the highest thickness but with the trade off being extremely slow. Locust on the other hand doesn't have that same negative impact on speed; it has much higher thickness than Live Oak while also being much faster. Live Oak has some other new attributes but not nearly enough to make it useful when compared to Locust. 

My suggestion is to switch the thickness/repair stats between Live Oak and Locust. Keeping Locust faster and easier to repair than Live Oak and thicker than most other woods but Live Oak as the slower and harder wood. 

Locust has 5 to 7 % more thickness, and 5% more speed over Live Oak but sacrifices hp to get it. Live Oak has 7 to 8% more side hp and 24 to 29 % more structure hp than Locust. Live Oak also has a quicker repair and repairs 1.2-1.3% more than Locust. Hell, Live Oak gives more hp to both sides and structure than White Oak does now. Other than Greenheart it, along with African Oak, gives you the most hp out of all the frame types.

In terms of thickness vs hp it is a straight trade between the two and 29% more structure hp is huge, by far making up for lose in speed. Giving LO increased thickness will make it op. Nerfing Locust will make borderline useless again. The way I see it, there is a trade off between them and if you think LO is useless then you need to compare the stats again. 

Edited by Redman29
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, admin said:

not sure yet.. malabar teak will stay a trading good to see which option gives better access to woods

But Malabar Teak is not top Wood like Rangoon Teak, or Greenheart, for which we already put contracts. 

Probably idea of random spawn of new Woods around the map and considering them Trade Goods, is better approach

• Like 3

Just now, Malcolm3 said:

But Malabar Teak is not top Wood like Rangoon Teak, or Greenheart, for which we already put contracts. 

Probably idea of random spawn of new Woods around the map and considering them Trade Goods, is better approach

that could even render some useless port usefull even its just for a day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redman29 said:

Locust has 5 to 7 % more thickness, and 5% more speed over Live Oak but sacrifices hp to get it. Live Oak has 7 to 8% more side hp and 24 to 29 % more structure hp than Locust. Live Oak also has a quicker repair and repairs 1.2-1.3% more than Locust. Hell, Live Oak gives more hp to both sides and structure than White Oak does now. Other than Greenheart it, along with African Oak, gives you the most hp out of all the frame types.

In terms of thickness vs hp it is a straight trade between the two and 29% more structure hp is huge, by far making up for lose in speed. Giving LO increased thickness will make it op. Nerfing Locust will make borderline useless again. The way I see it, there is a trade off between them and if you think LO is useless then you need to compare the stats again. 

please propose improvements if you still see useless woods. We really want every type of wood to be useful for something - at least in some situations.

• Like 2

Hotfix deployed

• Fixed the problem where you see the message "Please wait for some time and use event again"
  • Added a message for the flag carrier in instance : Stay alive until battle is over
  • Slight fixes for the attack circle size 
  • Added more doubloons for specialized fleets: home defense fleet, small fleet, elite ships and raiders
  • Fixed bugs in blueprints of some vessels
  • Added small doubloon carry for NPC ship ranks

Additional test chest will be given to everyone to give a chance to finish a quest. 
IF YOU WANT A FLAG PLACEMENT REWARD!: TAKE A QUEST FIRST BEFORE PLACING THEM

6vGhInO.png

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, admin said:

not sure yet.. malabar teak will stay a trading good to see which option gives better access to woods

Whatever it is...it simply doesnt drop on pve server since weeks. I dont camp KPR, but i constantly check Bridgetown (op on alt, used it as by cargo on trade runs) ...and it is simply niot dropping since weeks. 

Whatever it is considered doesnt matter, as long as it doesnt drop at all !

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Added more doubloons for specialized fleets: home defense fleet, small fleet, elite ships and raiders

Thanks!

Any news on the addition of wooden chest to Light HDF? Smaller clans have no hope of upgrading ports at the moment.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, admin said:

Hotfix deployed

• Fixed the problem where you see the message "Please wait for some time and use event again"
  • Added a message for the flag carrier in instance : Stay alive until battle is over
  • Slight fixes for the attack circle size 
  • Added more doubloons for specialized fleets: home defense fleet, small fleet, elite ships and raiders
  • Fixed bugs in blueprints of some vessels
  • Added small doubloon carry for NPC ship ranks

Additional test chest will be given to everyone to give a chance to finish a quest. 
IF YOU WANT A FLAG PLACEMENT REWARD!: TAKE A QUEST FIRST BEFORE PLACING THEM

I'd like to request extra test chests. Let's have fun with flags!

A.H.H

PS. Kingston Port Royal provides british captains with some of the new woods. Could you increase the quantities being sold? I would like to built the HMS Victory but only have spare woods for the HMS Ontario.

13 minutes ago, Vitasalato said:

Thanks!

Any news on the addition of wooden chest to Light HDF? Smaller clans have no hope of upgrading ports at the moment.

Not withstanding your question, last issue posted by the devs was that Light HDF does not know how to run away from player's big ships, 5 players can effectively gather chests from heavy HDF. That's a small clan.

Light HDF should only be open to attack by light ships as well.

Heavy HDF - 100 BR and above.

Light HDF -  99BR and lower.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Not withstanding your question, last issue posted by the devs was that Light HDF does not know how to run away from player's big ships,

1) Put a fast trader into the small hdf fleet and let that one have the chest,

Thats killing 2 birds with one stone: The "run away" issue and the "introduce guarded traders" request.

2) what i proposed b4: put them into PZ, eg the new tortuga one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jan van Santen said:

1) Put a fast trader into the small hdf fleet and let that one have the chest,

Thats killing 2 birds with one stone: The "run away" issue and the "introduce guarded traders" request.

HDF for War server serve dual purpose. Or will when thing's finished.

Chests and Flags.

Hence a bit more work required, i think.

19 hours ago, Henry Long Castle said:

1000 reals x 9k in pvp? where did you get that from?

It was a typo if you read the whole sentence, why would he state two numbers for PvP??? Second number is meant to be for PvE. Before patch, dubs costed over 1000k on PvE server because they are so hard to get there. While reals are so easy to get = expensive dubs

33 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Not withstanding your question, last issue posted by the devs was that Light HDF does not know how to run away from player's big ships, 5 players can effectively gather chests from heavy HDF. That's a small clan.

Light HDF should only be open to attack by light ships as well.

Heavy HDF - 100 BR and above.

Light HDF -  99BR and lower.

Better 100 and lower? So we can use some fine Cerberuses to go in :).

1 hour ago, Redman29 said:

as far for the percentages, which I agree with.

on the finished product it looks a bit different, although of course the numbers are still correct.

Ocean_vergleich.jpg.d7c28600a0a08f6b12e4a1095fdd4320.jpg

here is the combo LO/WO for me clearly the loser of this patch, compared to, for example, Locust/Sabicu.

as a side note: tragically, these are the woods what the players' stocks are made of, that were created for this purpose, including the existing ships.

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 1

If circle of death is the only solution to the runaway flagship issue, please consider the circle only visible if defenders join the battle, and not effective for the deffending side and the rest of the attackers, so only the flagship should be inside the circle (without irreversible damage on the vessel applied) when timer expires to make the flag successfully planted, allowing the fleets to maneuver around it to attack/defend the flag carrier.

Also consider this circle to be a small area close to the port and its defenses (towers for shallow ports, fort for deep ports), so at some point the attackers should plan their approach route, and defenders deny it or if they are inferior in numbers use the port defenses for protection, giving them at least a chance if they face a far superior force or a better organized one, giving the little time the defenders get to go to the port and try to destroy the flag. Making this final run also achievable if the attackers are on inferior numbers or facing bigger ships.

All in all its not a circle of death but an objective area where the flagship must be at the right time, circle of death is fine for PZ cause the objective is to sink, in this case the objective is to get to the port to create a PB so the circles should be different with different rules, both with one similarity in common, they dont allow players to run forever, and also diversifying and diferenciating the two game modes.

My 2 dubs.

28 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

Better 100 and lower? So we can use some fine Cerberuses to go in :).

I took the values of targets they chase as control group.

Large is 100 and above.

Small is 30 and above up to 99.

41 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

from what I read here the flag thing is unfinished busines anyway, so the "more work" thing is a given anyway, too :)

Then we all wait. System is the same for all. Only difference is the Flag. And that is very very important to many.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vitasalato said:

Thanks!

or one more step forward:

Why does it have to be special actions to upgrade the port, and not just make it to earn with what you do all day long anyway? If it has to be chests, which are needed, it can be gold chests.

Or simpler, make it possible to exchange, for example, two gold chests for one wooden chest in the admirality. Those who attack the home defense fleets would still have an advantage, but those who don't, would at least have a chance to do something to upgrade their port, even if progress is slower

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 12:02 PM, admin said:

Combat balancing

• Overall acceleration was slowed by 20% across all vessels. Deceleration has been left untouched.
    • ps The current difference with acceleration (after patch) with old sea trials is 200% (current ships accelerate 200% faster), we dont want to drop it as fast but in general we believe current acceleration is too high which allows easy stern camping without planning. Slower acceleration will force planning and will make sterncamping a maneuver you must plan ahead. We still believe acceleration is too high.
  • Caps have been increased for speed, reloads, thickness, and HP. But not by much.

I complained about easy (unrealistic) stern camping month ago and got a lot of stupid answers and now we got it in the end? 

Flag mechanics are too fast

• flag carrier can gather all ships needed to plant (a few heavy, one light ship) and then plant fast
  • defenders have to gather first (they do all other duties in game, must go to port first, teleport, then gather ...)

it must be slowed down

• give flag carrier a initial slow down: if he takes the mission, the flag can be planted half an hour in the future then half an hour time
    (means: message is printed to clan at 7:00 then flag carrier can plant beginning from 7:30 until last 8:00 o'clock)
Edited by mikawa

2 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

Probably already asked but, are new woods available in DLC ships?

On 5/28/2020 at 11:03 AM, admin said:

New woods can be only used in crafting (they are not available in notes or redeemables)

• Like 1

More woods!!  I have many tens of thousands of wood after shipping here there and everywhere then along comes a new woods list to change all the metas. I have run out of expletives! My shot are bouncing off top players at pretty near point blank already.

How may more  hours have I gotta waste sailing junk around. 

Buster (Syc-a-more Wood)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

There are plenty of alts in every nation who could abuse Flags!

If flags keep its weight players in alts will use a dam privateer to avoid interception at the high seas, ruining a legit operation. 

Flags must involve a fleet of several players to plant it and have some kind of speed penalty. 

We were laughing yesterday at our discord when we could plant flags in basic cutters, pickles, lynxes, gunboats and privateers bought from the store!

15 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

We were laughing yesterday at our discord when we could plant flags in basic cutters, pickles, lynxes, gunboats and privateers bought from the store

I remember times of 2017, or was it 2018?