Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Timber. Shipbuilding, Conquest flag testing.

admin

1 minute ago, admin said:

turn rate is determined by ship length and rudder size - and is no longer dependent on wood
So yes. turn rates for these ships is identical

So "Turn inertia" will only affect the ability to quickly change direction?

1 minute ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Basically to collect rare woods we have to travel around all the map or they will drop in every ports? Or at least in many inside the same region? Ex Bahamas 

in Naval Action map app rare woods appears dropped in some ports.

5 minutes ago, Vitasalato said:

Will the new woods drops from wooden chest?

Also looks like there might be some issue with the stats. Turnrate is the same for LoS/woS and TeakS/woS. Still needs to be tested in battle

Ships_comparison.png.0269f5b020fb428b8ee6605f57931c73.png

With this new wood value, I do not see much difference between L/W and T/W, only the speed so I’m asking myself if this patch have not flattened the wood type that player would use in PB 

1 hour ago, admin said:

historical price of real to doubloon ranges between 4 to 32 reals per gold coin depending on denominations
i am not saying they will fall to these levels, but they will become slightly lower than now.

why then do PVP if the cost of doubloons drops to such a mark? 
selling doubloons for me was the only way to get real. I'm talking about the amount needed to buy resources and ships. You removed them from the craft. people will stop buying them from me. Will you introduce a way to spend doubloons? and if so, when? 

The historical weight of the real to the doubloon is approximately 6-7 grams per gold coin, depending on the denominations.

why, then, 10,000 doubloons weighs 100 units of mass and takes 1/5 of the carrying capacity of the trading link. please, do not confuse the game with life

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Isaac J Smith said:

So rather than give us the actual cap values, you're going to remove everything? This impacts being able to plan ship builds on useful tools such as felix's map.

Instead of "You're looking at the wrong values, you need to look at these" it's "We're going to removal all values". Sounds logical...

that is correct.
Based on the reactions above it is completely logical to remove numbers causing confusion as we don't want any confusion to be created. This data was in game for years and previous number If such numbers create an impression that speed can go to 20 knots in game these numbers must be hidden as they will continue causing confusion. 
Previous server speed limit (which existed for A WHILE) was 19.75 knots and nobody ever wondered or were upset about it. Now its suddenly looks like a problem. Better to remove. 

Users should use information they see in game. 

30 minutes ago, Doktor_Livsi said:

why then do PVP if the cost of doubloons drops to such a mark? 
selling doubloons for me was the only way to get real. I'm talking about the amount needed to buy resources and ships. You removed them from the craft. people will stop buying them from me. Will you introduce a way to spend doubloons? and if so, when? 

The historical weight of the real to the doubloon is approximately 6-7 grams per gold coin, depending on the denominations.

why, then, 10,000 doubloons weighs 100 units of mass and takes 1/5 of the carrying capacity of the trading link. please, do not confuse the game with life

doubloon rate is determined by supply and demand in game, and we have no plans to intervene in its determination. We gave historical numbers because we could, they dont mean anything. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, admin said:

that is correct.
Based on the reactions above it is completely logical to remove numbers causing confusion as we don't want any confusion to be created. This data was in API for years and previous number If API numbers create an impression that speed can go to 20 knots in game these numbers must be removed as they will continue causing confusion. 
Previous server speed (which existed for A WHILE) was 19.75 knots and nobody complained. Now somebody posted it and suddenly WHOAH titanic/

Getting removed.

Users should use information they see in game to make decisions.

The clip of the RMS Titanic was great, it would have been nice to keep it.

Edited by Admiral Howe of Gibraltar

27 minutes ago, admin said:

that is correct.
Based on the reactions above it is completely logical to remove numbers causing confusion as we don't want any confusion to be created. 

Users should use information they see in game. 

I don't think anyone is confused by anything other than the lack of correct information on the subject. Removing such information is good only if it's incorrect, or being applied incorrectly... Making people guess and figure these things out by trial and error is just one more source of frustration for many of us (especially for Felix, who you've supported in the past for providing an invaluable tool to the community). It doesn't make us as users, or our time, feel valued. 

I think most folks would just like a bit of clarity. If you provide us with a table full of numbers you should expect us to want to understand what they mean.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Despe said:

In table Locust wood appears like standard wood (it is not described like "new" wood) so what means that? It will be a farmeable wood in a forest like teak, live and the rest, @admin?

Best regards, Despe.

Locus is the new name for Caguarian. You can also get seasoned locust wood, so I guess you get it the same way as the old Cag.

Edited by Serk

19 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I don't think anyone is confused by anything other than the lack of correct information on the subject.

Previous server speed was indicated as 19.75 knots (visible to anyone)
New speed is indicating 20.9 knots (visible to anyone
Someone posted that new speed is 20.9 knots 
Multiple vets got confused
Probably dozens of rookies got confused.
Confusing server speed number will be probably removed

The speed limit is 17knots+/-

Anyways. We will repeat.
Users should use in game parameters and not dig the code for something that might be old, or redundant or not working.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vibrio Cholerae said:

1.3 millions real to craft a santi 

That's cheper that what it would have costed in doubs. 300 reals x 9k in PvP, 1000 reals x 9k in PvP PvE.

It's a good change.

Edited by Vitasalato
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Vibrio Cholerae said:

if you pvp it's 3 battle now you need to sell you soul to make that money

Well PvE server has that the other way around. One afk trade run and you have multiple milions. While getting 3k dubs is dozens of fights since almost none AI drops dubs and if it does, then in laughtable amount.  

• Like 1

@adminimage.thumb.png.554f5689e30d6534eab017eee8616b0b.png an exploit that immediately catches the eye. a man came in on a Links. with flag. got up against the wind and runs away. and we don’t have the opportunity to go on a mission in the place where he is now. (too far from the battle)

Edited by Doktor_Livsi

49 minutes ago, Henry Long Castle said:

Im looking at netfly, fir fir was useless before, now its even worse 😢

you should look at the speeds of other ships (AND acceleration)>
But overall we think numbers are correct. FIR is a softwood and is lighter and weaker (and rots more) than oak
But its fast.. very fast.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, admin said:

Caps have been increased for speed, reloads, thickness, and HP. But not by much.

@admin any chance to get a list where the caps actually are now? Would allow us to plan ship builds better.

Currently i have NO idea where the caps are.. e.g. am I already over the cap if i craft a Greenheart/WO(s) ship? (+47% Armor HP). Or can i still apply Planking (5th rate) for 5% bonus, but reach the cap at 50% total then? (Same with all other stats). Since we have so many possibilities to influence -> Frame, Planking, Trim, Books, Upgrades it would be really nice to have a list of the hardcaps. So we don't waste resources on a cap that is already reached.

• Like 3