Game-Labs Forum

Seeferkels last log

I can understand that u want to hornor the Players which are dieing, But to give that Book away and only for a limited time ^makes it impossible hto have fair fights for everyone who will not redeam it. NERF that Book. I mean Usualy bevor seeferkels last log to build a Repair monster I used Norher Carpenters Expert carpentry Perc, Expert carpenter handbook and Carpenter combat reports. And now u added a Book which is in total better than Both books i named bevor that. I dont want to smaller the tragedy of Seeferkels Death but can u nerve thet book to a level where players which doesnt have that book can at least play Compadedtiv to Players which have it? Could u Bring think about what that meant to the Game bevor u Edited it? Couldend u Rename a De Reuter to Seeferkels last Gift or make something which isnt that IMBALLANCED? I mean u want to sell still copies of that game? All players which will buy that game and not play it for 2 hours or more and will see that book will properbly go to steam and ask there money back... I would at least do. So please think about what that means to all guys which doesnt have the Book and doesnt have a chance to get that book later. 5 % repairamount = 2 books Expert carpentry handbook and Carpenter combat report. -5 % reload time is better than The old flag officer. 25% moral is.... well not compareable at all (But only usefull in boarding so nevermind) 

Reduce the Advantadges of that book to a level where its still comparable: Repairamount +2% (Still imba) reloadtime -4 % and moral... i dont give a shid about. I would still call that Book impressiv and will use it on nearly all ships but the advantadges of that book atm are way to overpowered. 

IF u (Devs) can take a look at all books which are going to be used i would guess first is art of shiphandling secound was eather Carpenter combat Reports, Expert carpentry handbook or Gunnery enceclopedia. NOW it will be Seeferkels last log. Exchanging and Reballancing the Whole game with an item which isnt available for new players or for guys which are on vecation right now is not what i think is good for the game. 

So version A: Say sorry and give us something else

Version B: Nerf it

Version C : u kill gameballance and let it like it is. (Will result in more negative reviews on steam and makes it for newcommers more unatractiv)

And last word even i was not always on one opinion With seeferkel Rest im Pease.

• Like 1

I like the book a lot, and the stuff written in it is awesome... but: it's overpowered... you should make it with some useless stats, so that everyone has it saved forever, but it's not gamebreaking. The purpose is to remember Seeferkel, not to get overpowered ships in his name... right? 

Thanks again devs, that was nice. 

• Like 3

The gesture of devs is adorable (no sarcasm here) but i think aswell, that is too op - if its not temporary of course. 

I just think that it would be good idea to make this book accesible to buy for doubloons, the price can be todays date as a symbol- 50620.

In my opinion, its the fairest way.

Rest in power buddy.

Edited by Wojtek

3 minutes ago, Riot stick said:

Why can't we just say "thank you"?!  ... and just move on...

it is a big dissadvantage for every one who doesnt get it. So it makes the Game less atractiv for newbees. U want to take the advantadge and keep a secret about it? But have a better ship which cannt be comadetiv to others any more? Skillbased game? No just beeing lucky to get that ook or unlucky and dont get it?

Um mal etwas für Entspannung zu sorgen ....

Und falls es noch jemand nicht bemerkt hat, die Textstellen im Buch stammen aus diesem Lied. Im Original gesungen von Lolita aus dem Jahre 1960. 

Edited by Georg Fromm

I think it's a nice acknowledgement, thank you Admin. In reality, only the morale bonus seems a bit over the top, but it's not OP for anyone that already has AoS, BoFR, and GE. Making it as a loot item for future players would be fine. 

37 minutes ago, Georg Fromm said:

@rediii, ziemlich schlechter Stil....warst du nicht fertig mit dem Spiel?

Wieso? Es ist natürlich schade und mein Beileid geht an alle Angehörigen aber Admin nutzt die Situation einfach nur aus um mal wieder ein paar Pluspunkte zu sammeln. 

Was macht den Tod von Capstan weniger schlimm als den von Seeferkel?

Edited by rediii
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lt Sekiro said:

Maybe let this stats for 1 week for everyone use the log , and next nerf it , 10 morale , 0.025 repair , 3% reload can be good

Why? I think it is a very elegant way for the Admin and the devs to honor the comrade's memory. Why do you ask to modify it? With what law?