Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

12 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Is something going to be added in order to allow legitimate fights to continue? Will it now be pointless going out in a snow and trying to sink 4th rates and above because they can simply leave?

Was my initial thought as well and I'd have to retire the Prince, but the sub 100 BR control perk remains. However expect the range to be nerfed. 

15 hours ago, admin said:
    • Flags and Battle transports will be initially distributed using an event, or will be given to all players as timed redeem on one of the weekends for mass real time test.

How about to actually test it on a test server? This is a released full price title and not a freakin beta test. We are not your testers.

14 hours ago, rediii said:

The community made the way free for big DLC ships by buying the redoutable on mass. Financially its a success so I get why the add more and bigger DLC ships but for the game its very very bad.

Played 1 week ago and in my 5/5 inger with elite spanish etc I had to run away from a redout for 50 Minutes because it was faster sailing downwind. Thats the state of gameplay right now and you described it pretty good but it wont change anymore. Draw your own consequences from it

Actually it was GameLabs who made the way by offering it. Don't blame the players here. The devs are making the rules and not the players. If the devs intorduce some DLC/premium OP ship it's the dev who are responsible and not the players who will buy it.

14 hours ago, Woridra said:

So now theres two Victorys, one DLC and the other non-DLC craftable one.
Just as a suggestion or feedback, maybe you can add other ships other than an already existing one's double?

Honestly if I got enough interest and the game picked up enough that I was willing to shell out money I would do so in the heart beat for the Admiral de Royter (even though I would prefer to craft it) and or a Combat Trade ship.   Other than that I think I'll just stick to all the crafted ships I have now and the past DLCs (have them all pretty much on all chars).  

13 hours ago, BlameKK said:

im a little bit dissapinted that we get a trincomalo for DLC    was hoping for something a bit more meta changing.   as the trinc has been slowly thrown away for reodoutables and implacables.   still a good thing but expected something a bit better to counter that.   Admirality admial de royter would suit it alot better in my opinion

3rd rate would be to big a ship.  Honestly the Diana would been perfect for this and that way they could of made it a DLC later for new plaers.

We have so many ships that don't get sailed cause they are hiden away behind rare events that happen once in a life time or RNG loot drop that folks hardly ever sail them.  My fav ship is the Reno and I only have them cause I been buying the Permit off folks that get it.

10 hours ago, van stiermarken said:

when some (like me) had bought all DLC's worth 250,-- plus and you gift them a "Trinco" then you should expect some negative replies here in the forum.

and for sure I'll not buy the new victory (there is absolute no reason), because I feel a little bit screwed (to argument here with the bad reviews, from your side, is more then .......)

Pretty much the whole AdR thing being made rare ship that we will never see cause they hardly ever do events is what really pissed me off.  I own almost every DCL on most my chars and I have 6 accounts.  So think about that....a few I didn't buy the top ships cause they couldn't crew them but make great far for season woods since I can't solo privateer fleets for the chest......I really do need to sit down and see how much I spent on this game.   I'll be honest even if they ahd Turned the AdR into a DLC it would have been better. I have been waiting since that ship was announced in polled to have a 32 decker ship that could have them on two decks and to get lied to....hell even changed my paint review to a Thumbs up since admin is so pissy I didn't update it....kind like they didn't update it for 6 months (instead of the promised 30 days)......

@admin  Thank you for the new light ship Privateer fleet and speed changes. I was able to escape in a basic 13.5 kt ship with no mods, but not without some skill and chaining.  The balance now seems  just right.  👍

118126761_RVRFleet.thumb.jpg.cfd76b96f1f812399886f2112132398f.jpg

Edited by Urchin
  • Like 2

And, again, I want to appeal to the devs honor and plead for a DLC which makes the Diana more accessible. Is she still in the game? Can I capture it from AI? Where? Can I get notes? Where? She is a very nice ship and I love her very much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Captains!

focus on

• ROE
  • Circles
  • Battle timers
  • Port battle mechanics

Avoid off topic - off topic posts will be removed. 

What about feedback on any of the other parts of the patch? Is that really off topic when it falls well within the scope of the OP? 

On that note, please reduce the number of wooden chests per point upgrade slightly, but increase the number of victory marks significantly:

unknown.png

Maybe just make it 50 Vic marks and 30 wooden chests? 

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

On that note, please reduce the number of wooden chests per point upgrade slightly,

Why?

28 minutes ago, Urchin said:

Control Perk needs to have it's range reduced to 500m, now it negates the new HP damage % for the battle timer too much.

That are 3 Perk points. Reducing range should reduce points as well.

Edited by z4ys

30 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

What about feedback on any of the other parts of the patch? Is that really off topic when it falls well within the scope of the OP? 

On that note, please reduce the number of wooden chests per point upgrade slightly, but increase the number of victory marks significantly:

unknown.png

Maybe just make it 50 Vic marks and 30 wooden chests? 

Not sure.. 

Here is the logic
Money Locker - inflation control
Wooden chests is just 50 ships. but 10-15 people can do it in a reasonable time - it is possible to estimate the time to achieve it. And it does not require taking something from others.
Victory marks were calculated for a small clan of 10-15 people and it requires taking something from others.

Victory marks feel low for YOUR clan. But they definitely do not feel low for a small clan association of 20 people, who control 3-4 ports max.
I now think that VMs are somewhat high. 

We also follow the gamedev law - start high here.. As it is 100х easier to lower/relax thresholds than to raise them.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, admin said:

Victory marks feel low for YOUR clan. But they definitely do not feel low for a small clan association of 20 people, who control 3-4 ports max.

I am glad to hear that you don't forget about small nations.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

3rd rate would be to big a ship.  Honestly the Diana would been perfect for this and that way they could of made it a DLC later for new plaers.

We have so many ships that don't get sailed cause they are hiden away behind rare events that happen once in a life time or RNG loot drop that folks hardly ever sail them.  My fav ship is the Reno and I only have them cause I been buying the Permit off folks that get it.

imo permits arent needed on the wrong ships etc trinc (meta), imagine how many different ships we would see in OW if say the Cherubim were the only 5th rate that wouldnt need permits

10 minutes ago, admin said:

Completely fine with that.

10 minutes ago, admin said:

Wooden chests is just 50 ships. but 10-15 people can do it in a reasonable time - it is possible to estimate the time to achieve it. And it does not require taking something from others.

It takes an entire day worth of grinding that thing to unlock one level, let alone 25. Which means 25 days of full grinding (is it a job?). Please lower the amount required. I grind Privateer fleets for the woods, not to put the wooden chests to make them disappear lol

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Victory marks were calculated for a small clan of 10-15 people and it requires taking something from others.

Victory marks can be bought. In general small clans don't own any crafting port and Victory marks are SURELY not the bottle neck. The wooden chest is.

I like Anolytic's proposal, you should consider it.

• Like 1

@admin

I haven't played the Vic since the latest update, but looking at the new stats i need to say "thank you" for ...

1. the way you buffed her and ...

2. implementet her 1765 version as a dlc!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Provided she's not that much prone anymore to get leakshoted she now seems to be a good alternative to Santi and l'Ocean:

- Vics have the best thicknes, speed and turn rate values, plus the second best damage output with carros.

- Santis have the best damage output and the largest hp pool, plus the second best turnrate (leaving out the dlc Vic, see below)*.

- l'Oceans take second places in thickness, hp and speed values*, but including the shape of thier hull they should still provide the best tank of the first rates.

2. The Vic dlc seems to be the weakest first rate by stats. Compared to her later and craftable version she's got lower speed (worst of the 1st rates), turn rate (second best of the 1st rates) and thickness values (second worst of the 1st rates). The only stat that is better compared to the craftable version is her damage output with carronades (second best in game). With her visuals (best looking 1st rate imo) and her easy availability when bought she's still a nice big boat to have.

Sidenote:

Imo it would be good for the game, if you'd nerf the Redoutable to a similar level compared with the other 3rd rates (leaving out the vessel named "3rd Rate" maybe), because she seems to be rather overpowered (i own her too)!

Lower speed or at least a sailing profile with more distinct weaknesses could be a way imo.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 2

@admin
First I still have a question - what is the use of Money Locker except for Port Investments?

Also - checked new Woods and found 2 things:

1. Each wood has National characteristic. E.g. Malabar Teak is British Wood, Riga fir is Prussian wood etc. Does that means that these new woods will drop in ports of that nations?
  2. There is no Malabar Teak in list of Resources available for putting contract.

I know these new woods are still not patched properly, but, please clarify

2 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Each wood has National characteristic. E.g. Malabar Teak is British Wood, Riga fir is Prussian wood etc. Does that means that these new woods will drop in ports of that nations?

I would appreciate this very much.

12 minutes ago, admin said:

Not sure.. 

Here is the logic

I now think that VMs are somewhat high. 

We also follow the gamedev law - start high here.. As it is 100х easier to lower/relax thresholds than to raise them.

Thanks for the answer. The logic seems sound.

My only supplement would be that you should think of the grind for upgrades in terms of 5-point cohorts instead of single point upgrades. 

Nobody is really going to be upgrading their ports with only 1 point. They want to upgrade their 50-point port to a 55-point port, their 40-point port to a 50-point port and so on (at first anyway - eventually people are going to go for max upgrades). 

So the grind for 1 point is mostly irrelevant.

The question is, and I'm not claiming to hold the answer or necessarily complaining about your chosen threshold, if 250 HDF AI is a reasonable grind for upgrading ports by 5 points? 

Have you thought about a staggered grind? 

The first 5 points upgraded being relatively cheaper, the next 5 more expensive and the last 5 extremely expensive. 

• Like 3