Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

14 minutes ago, Raxius said:

on top of that all building ports will eventually have sailing 4, hull 4 , crew 4 gunnery 4, mast & rig... not even worried.. but it means port bonuses gives no advantage as STRONGER nations will have it all.. an weaker nations.. NONE... this either promotes alts.. or promotes strong nations to be even stronger.. finally I want to add 6 months from now (or longer depends on your newly implemented pve grind) all ports will have port bonuses.. an they wont be a benefit at all.. just a disadvantage for those without alts or the ability to fully develop a port which they cant protect..

way to go.... pop will drop..

Basically a mechanism for making port investments + points drop again is needed. So the direction is not only continuous improvement for ports, but also loss - and the need to build again.

And I hate to say this as port owner. A little one.

53 minutes ago, admin said:

Building empires is not cheap. You don't have to upgrade. 50 wooden chests is just 50 ships near enemy capitals. 1 investment point give CLEAR advantages to the port owner. Current prices are based on overall ownership of items on the server. For example there are 200,000 victory marks stored in clan warehouses and warehouses and majority of them are NOT russian even.

@admin OMG, Playing on the PvP server m8. not on PvE!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Also the trinc?  Talk about underwhelming.  At least giving us the ellusive Diana would have been appropriate I think.  

Both of them being 5th rates... I'm not sure as 5th rate they enter in the $40 to $50 DLC category.

image.png.954d2a0a9e85f15b421e637c9cb26487.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Basically a mechanism for making port investments + points drop again is needed. So the direction is not only continuous improvement for ports, but also loss - and the need to build again.

And I hate to say this as port owner. A little one.

and a mechanism for the weaker nation to be able to fight other nations consists of magically making 10 1st rates with good port bonuses) to then fight 2k AI .. at the CHANCE of having a level footing with a nation who has everything???..

surely over expansion.. should have its issues to balance gameplay for all nations??  otherwise why doesnt the entire server go to russia and enjoy easymode?

3 hours ago, admin said:

Money Locker added to stores and allows quick conversion of reals to chests and back

What does that exactly mean? Am I able to convert reals to chests so I can get woods for money?

5 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

Both of them being 5th rates... I'm not sure as 5th rate they enter in the $40 to $50 DLC category.

Indeed, was hoping until the end that it would be the Deruyter that we would have gotten

$40 to$50 implies a third rate size ship, or atleast the generic 3rd rate makes more sense to give away as a redeemable,

especially since admin has said they want 3rd rate ships to be the most popular

Edited by Ponk
  • Like 1

Seriously, the Trincomalee DLC will only be used for scrapping and farming seasoned woods. The crafted version with port bonus will be the preferred choice. If any player above 380 cares to sail frigates in the first place. Meh.

More increase in port bonus? *sigh* The exact opposite would be better to close the gear gap between players in winning nations and players in small nations. Has been discussed over and over again. Majority of the community wanted port bonues to be reduced, not increased. 

1st rate DLC will be bought at large numbers. Organized clan able to produce 1st rates for all their players at ease will just shrug and prefer crafted first rates. But patrol zones will be swept with DLC 1st rates to counter the DLC 3rd rate. When not in patrol, it'll be used as source of seasoned wood. Depends on the costs on Steam if players actually buy it. My feeling is it won't such a mega seller as the Redoutable was/is. 

Even more superior woods for crafting? Ok, that might revive crafting and reduce the edge that DLC ships have. But then, less reason to buy the Victory DLC. However, it all depends on the costs for these woods. If they are as expensive as the seasoned woods, it's just meh. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, admin said:

Money Locker added to stores and allows quick conversion of reals to Money Locker and back

Adding to @mikawa question - Money Locker currently drops in Capital ports only (no such goods for Russia, Prussia, Poland and China) and there is no use of it except for Port Investing

Well i reckon most of us would still be satisfied if we got the ruyter as a dlc ship. but im not that exited for a trinc dlc tbh. or add the combat indiaman to the game as the promised dlc. that way people would be pleasantly suprised. but its quite sad to see the 1e rate dlc added for $. while the remains of the community gets a participation reward. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm3 said:

Adding to @mikawa question - Money Locker currently drops in Capital ports only (no such goods for Russia, Prussia, Poland and China) and there is no use of it except for Port Investing

Not actually revised, but maybe they have it on Shroud Cay, since its the port where they begin at.

3 minutes ago, Cold Warrior said:

A ship worth $ 30-50 was promised.
What comes -----> a Trinco :) :).
Always the same with those in Kiev empty promises!

As an example of the post before the realease the ranks and craft ranks are safe.
Another posse made by Devs.

nope it wa announced $40 to $50.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rediii said:

The community made the way free for big DLC ships by buying the redoutable on mass. Financially its a success so I get why the add more and bigger DLC ships but for the game its very very bad.

Played 1 week ago and in my 5/5 inger with elite spanish etc I had to run away from a redout for 50 Minutes because it was faster sailing downwind. Thats the state of gameplay right now and you described it pretty good but it wont change anymore. Draw your own consequences from it

it really is a damn shame that the redout both saved and killed the game for me.

at first it was nice to have a lineship to just throw away and play with, but the style of fighting changed to the point where every non-permit 4th and 5th rate has been rendered effectively useless. only highlight is shallow ships where a variation is still possible. what's the point of having all these ships when 1 outclasses everything.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

nope it wa announced $40 to $50.

And? Trincomalee approved steam price is 40 bucks
q8JgLOW.png

This is a great gift for a pvp player. It was always supposed to be Trincomalee as it is a most popular pvp ship and my favorite ship.
Now we understand some players expected something else, which is unfortunate,

well now knowing how implacable our users are - next gift (IF HAPPENS) will be stated immediately for no Surprise, to avoid any Pandora boxes, 

• Like 3

Also regarding the Trinc: It's a "DLC" / "reward" you can cap , sell or gift to other players in-game. That means veterans get it for free and new members to the game really do not need to buy it but just find someone (in their clan or outside) to get it as a gift.

Fair enough!

But isn't it that selling it later in the store for whatever money (40 bucks?) would be totally useless, as it will never be rare or special, as it is basically available for free in-game. It therefore is "just another ship"...

Just my 5 cents...

• Like 1