Game-Labs Forum

Quarantine Stories

admin

24 minutes ago, Never said:

Wrong my dude, touching anything that is infected and then touching your face for example is common way to catch this or most common viruses. 

Nope that's not the case. It is most definitely not the most common way to catch corona. Stop with a the misinformation please. 

Spread from contact with contaminated surfaces or objects

It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html

8 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

But is there not a limit to how long it can survive on a surface? Think I read something abouth it. And as airborne distance to the persons around you should have an affect. Something about Fall down and not floating around.

I think you miss understand. You are not likely to get infected by touching objects. 

1 minute ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

I see, but it might happen. Do make sence to avoid it then. But I agree it can be to much, at work we now have to use our own pencil. But we can still use the same keyboard. Go figur. I can take a cop of coffe without desinfect my hands.

Tell your boss he is an idiot. The main way the virus is transmitted is by air and not pencils. 

what i heard was it can survive on surfaces for around 9 days and the incubation period is 14-21 days from the time you contract it, and during those 14-21 days you are extremely contagious but you have no actual symptoms yet. The main way it spreads is just breathing, but obviously touching surfaces and then eyes nose etc. is a way. Its the not knowing you have it and interacting with alot of people say at a store or other gathering that is the problem. moral of the story is dont be in the first wave of people that get infected and overload the med infrastructure. after the initial surge you might as well suck it up and get it over with so you have an immunity because its going to be around for awhile and theres no hiding from it unless you wanna move into the woods by yourself. Obviously im not a virologist so do your own research if you want to educate yourself.

good luck.

Edited by Potemkin

it's pretty quiet so far in germany where i am atm . tense but quiet. they are shutting down the schools , universities , kindergartens on monday. ppl are quiet but it feels like a silence before a storm. seems kinda weird. my job i can't do from home , so that's not an option which isn't too bad cause i'm not too scared anyway , so that's not a big thing but my collegues do have a family so i understand if they want to stay home atm . the company i work for is going a little crazy though because like evey minute there's a new mail with new info , work issues etc. which is not helpful for a lot of ppl just scareing them .

Edited by BoomBox

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Tell your boss he is an idiot. The main way the virus is transmitted is by air and not pencils. 

Perhaps he was thinking of my pencil?!

You just can't tell with some ppl.....

13 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Have you cancelled sports events there?  North America has shut down most leagues.

The Houston Mayor shut down the Houston Rodeo and Livestock show.  A lot of kids are going to miss out on college money and a lot of folks depended on that show for income yearly.   It's going to be a big hot mess when this all is over for a lot of folks are going to go broke.

On other news in the Shop at work every one avoids me.  I get allergies and got a cloggy sinus and been coughing for a few weeks now if I don't take something for it.  Kinda nice they avoid me now thinking it's something else....lol   We did sent home all the service hands that where home from jobs and helping us this weekend, but still doing 12 hour shifts.   I was really hoping for them to shut down shop for a week or so.

16 hours ago, Tomasso il Fortunato said:

Tragic here in Italy . I am sick to stay closed in my own house.  Italian nation is stupid because they don't stay closed in their house . The numbers are raising very quickly.  Only supermarkets are opened and only one person from family can go to resupply food . We have to stay 1m from other people . Citys is under police patrol and no one can go out to work without a document from ur medic that allows u to work .

Hope everything will end soon .

Italy is not so tragic.

Yes. Numbers are rising even if mainly in one area (Lombardy). I live 150 km S of Milan, in Liguria, with far less cases.
On one hand, by the time of govt. actions (few days ago), granted the incubation period, we should espect cases to grow faster and faster for the next 10-15 days... and death toll at similar rates.

On the other, let's look the glass half full.
I can say that situation is very (a bit weirdly or chillingly - depends on personal sensibility) quiet: there's no shortage of anykind.
Until internet, electricy and food are ok, I think we're very fine: more time for family and gaming.

The less (only apparently) bloody and less recognized tragedy will come later.
I suspect economic consequencies will be very hard for the nation, and a lot of nations: let's remember how we feel the growth of poverty for a few GDP points loss. This could be far harsher.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I think you miss understand. You are not likely to get infected by touching objects. 

You are correct. Direct touch does not ... but then you lick your fingers to turn a page of a book or touch your eyes with an itch, etc,. That's how it enters your system by "touch".

Keep your homes aired, sunlit. Eat healthy, drink a lot of water, keep disciplined and stay focused. And remember to help whomever needs, even with simple things like bringing groceries to a elderly neighbour that can't walk long distances/being a high risk target. Little stuff like that.

If you are involved in health services, God bless you and Godspeed. Sometimes you are invisible, now you are invaluable.

Snappy salute.

4 hours ago, John Cavanaugh said:

World health organization. I’m not link fishing this late at night 

Try this:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.09.20033217v1.full.pdf

pretty recent study

viable virus detection 

in aerosols up to 3hrs

on copper 4hrs

Cardboard 1 day

plastics and stainless steels 2-3 days

only  read the abstract so far, though

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

You are correct. Direct touch does not ... but then you lick your fingers to turn a page of a book or touch your eyes with an itch, etc,. That's how it enters your system by "touch".

Keep your homes aired, sunlit. Eat healthy, drink a lot of water, keep disciplined and stay focused. And remember to help whomever needs, even with simple things like bringing groceries to a elderly neighbour that can't walk long distances/being a high risk target. Little stuff like that.

If you are involved in health services, God bless you and Godspeed. Sometimes you are invisible, now you are invaluable.

Snappy salute.

I linked a source.... What more can I do. If it was as easy as washing your hands and not touching things this would not be so bad. I am not saying you should not because even if there is only a 0.5% you catch the virus that way it could save alot of people. 

I am just as worried about people working in grocery stores and logistics. They come into contact with so many people and have no masks on. 

4 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I linked a source.... What more can I do. If it was as easy as washing your hands and not touching things this would not be so bad. I am not saying you should not because even if there is only a 0.5% you catch the virus that way it could save alot of people. 

I am just as worried about people working in grocery stores and logistics. They come into contact with so many people and have no masks on. 

There's several ways of contagion and any droplets can compromise any surface, be it from breath, coughing, sneezing, etc. That's all. Same as plenty other diseases. This one has a contagious factor way above health services response, hence isolation or else the entire health system collapses in a week. 🙂 With an average infection factor of 2.5x is no joke.

And people must keep working else everything stops. Easy to talk about "work from home" when the majority of services cannot function remotely. While a grocery store is setup for uncrowded workforce the health locations are ramping up the staff. And that's what i worry about. Anyone can sell groceries, but not everyone can be a nurse 😉 and those are the frontline warriors. How easy we forget those that contained ebola some years ago...

In any case, same stuff as before. Keep the house aired, sunlit, lots of hydration and mental sanity with books, modelling, hobbies and alike.

For southern europeans is really hard to cut off the social as in general we are always atuned to everything social. Any large gathering of friends is a daily occurrence 😭

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

There's several ways of contagion and any droplets can compromise any surface, be it from breath, coughing, sneezing, etc. That's all. Same as plenty other diseases. This one has a contagious factor way above health services response, hence isolation or else the entire health system collapses in a week. 🙂 With an average infection factor of 2.5x is no joke.

And people must keep working else everything stops. Easy to talk about "work from home" when the majority of services cannot function remotely. While a grocery store is setup for uncrowded workforce the health locations are ramping up the staff. And that's what i worry about. Anyone can sell groceries, but not everyone can be a nurse 😉 and those are the frontline warriors. How easy we forget those that contained ebola some years ago...

In any case, same stuff as before. Keep the house aired, sunlit, lots of hydration and mental sanity with books, modelling, hobbies and alike.

For southern europeans is really hard to cut off the social as in general we are always atuned to everything social. Any large gathering of friends is a daily occurrence 😭

I live in Austria and work on construction. I'm not working for 2 weeks at least. I think its an overreaction but no one wants to be responsible if it gets bad. The country is locking down. 

Not everyone can sell groceries or work in an environment like that. Even when everything is normal there is a lot of stress and things need organising. You cannot simply replace people.

If you don't accept the general scientific consensus on how corona type viruses are transmitted that is your problem. 

We have passed many tests, much worse than this one. The black or bubonic plague quickly killed 25% of the European population. Cholera epidemics, the badly called Spanish flu, typhus etc. And we have always come out ahead. We are fighters and survivors by nature.

Encourage all those who have contracted the disease, wishing them a speedy recovery.

Ps. Today the State of Alarm decreed by the government in Spain comes into force.

• Like 2

In France (and elsewhere in the world), people are organizing a self made penury of pasta, toilet paper, salad oïl, etc... May-be, @admin, we can help you boosting sales of DLC:

Due to Corona virus, there might be some shortage of several products, including but not limited to:

• Le Redoutable (made in France)
  • Rättvisan (linked to some infested countries in Scandinavia, which have connections to Germany)
  • L'Hermione (made in France)
  • Flags (could be impacted by controls on  frontiers)
  • Admiralty Connection could be soon impacted if to many officers are obliged to work from home.

It is recommended to purchase these items immediatly to anticipate shortage of such DLC's.

This (fake) message can be modified later by Authorities. Please cascade to players who are confined at home and who stay far from this forum.

• Like 4

To balance toilet paper shortage (was laughing out loud yesterday in supermarket seeing people with tons of toilet paper in their arms or liters of cooking oil..), you forgot to mention "Coles-Bentinck pump" and "Additionnal brake pump", these items will be sold millions in the next days.

Seriously, this virus seems to make more damages on brains than on lumbs...People are nuts. Darwin, if you read the forum...

PS: I'm not minimizing the potentiel issues, but be rational for god sake, people crazyness spreads much faster than the virus :)

Edited by Forbin
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

We have passed many tests, much worse than this one. The black or bubonic plague quickly killed 25% of the European population. Cholera epidemics, the badly called Spanish flu, typhus etc. And we have always come out ahead. We are fighters and survivors by nature.

Encourage all those who have contracted the disease, wishing them a speedy recovery.

Ps. Today the State of Alarm decreed by the government in Spain comes into force.

We are not survivers. Our ancestors were survives. Everybody else died. 

• Like 1