Game-Labs Forum

Quarantine Stories

admin

Tragic here in Italy . I am sick to stay closed in my own house.  Italian nation is stupid because they don't stay closed in their house . The numbers are raising very quickly.  Only supermarkets are opened and only one person from family can go to resupply food . We have to stay 1m from other people . Citys is under police patrol and no one can go out to work without a document from ur medic that allows u to work .

Hope everything will end soon .

Edited by Tomasso il Fortunato
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

Our planet is currently doing his (or her?) utmost to get rid of the real virus named homo sapiens :D

Chances are we will take care of that ourselves..., but maybe mother nature will be faster🤣

Edited by Djakary
  • Like 2

Well I'm a college professor and my students were.. less than impressed, when the schools, colleges and universities were closed down and they woke up to a message from me:

"I've digitalized all our classes for the next two weeks, first paper is due to be delivered Friday at 12 AM".. I've gotten 14 mails so far from students complaining that it's their "day off"....

That being said, give them a week and those classes are going to look mighty tasty when they start to get bored :)

11 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Well I'm a college professor and my students were.. less than impressed, when the schools, colleges and universities were closed down and they woke up to a message from me:

"I've digitalized all our classes for the next two weeks, first paper is due to be delivered Friday at 12 AM".. I've gotten 14 mails so far from students complaining that it's their "day off"....

That being said, give them a week and those classes are going to look mighty tasty when they start to get bored :)

Stop Corona-Flipping your students

• Like 2

Like Tommasso said, we are closed in our  apartment/ houses.  i see my parents and girlfriend by Skype. The scary thing is that now, every night we have the cop cars moving around the streets with audio messages that ivite you for your safety to stay home , to dont go outside.

My company is closed till the 4 April and we dont know if will be enough

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Captains

Anybody playing from Quarantine or lockdowns? Share your stories. 
Ukraine will probably close borders soon. Hope everyone is ok.

A good timing for a nice patch to make these hard times more bearable.

And, what about a steam sale? Lots of bored dudes would be looking at the steam store soon.

• Like 2

I'm from Madrid Spain). The inaction of our politicians leaders is making the situation more complicated. I am the owner of a restaurant in the bullring area (tourist area) we are suffering enormous losses of money and no help from the government. possibly they will quarantine the entire city. I have people I know in hospitals working and they say they hardly have any materials. everything is very complicated here. I personally am still looking forward to the developers announcement saying
 `` We are developing a new Spanish ship`` That day the coronavirus will give me the same =).

Edited by Galvez88
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I just came back from a Caribbean cruise on Mar 3.  Travelled through Ft Lauderdale and Toronto to Halifax.  At that time, there was barely an acknowledgement that there was an issue.  I work on a navy base and there is no talk of any shut downs here.  The universities here are talking about not letting students back after March break as we have a large international population there.  We have zero cases of Covid 19 here and zero toilet paper in our stores. Can't wait to be told to "work from home"!

I live 5 miles from where Corona first appeared in the UK , all seems normal enough. Panic buying has started.

interestingly the town where I live was wiped out in the plague years 1600-1700 ish and I lost a fair few family members from the Spanish Flu (1919)

Toilet paper always stocked up. Seems strangely normal right now though

1 minute ago, rediii said:

im young and fit aswell but would still be sad if my grandma dies because I visit her. :) 

Very true.  I'm not minimizing the danger to the old or infirm.  Most people will shake this off like a typical flu, but the elderly are at much greater risk. 

New Zealand. No changes to life here,  plenty of toilet paper in the supermarkets no crazies emptying shelves,  kids are going to school, people still going to restaurants , malls are still busy, people taking public transport etc wouldn't notice any difference except a couple large gatherings have been cancelled. Company has contingency plans in place for majority of people to work form home but I've already been doing that for past several years so no change.

Edited by Urchin
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SparkyTheParasite said:

Well in the netherlands its spreading quite fast. lots of people in a small country.  my company already ordered us to work from home. 

Have you cancelled sports events there?  North America has shut down most leagues.