Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Update: Welcome to the Caribbean - Part 1

admin

1 hour ago, TheDread said:

it was never creating 500lh out of 300.   You needed the provisions.   Creating 200 provisions takes just over 100lh.  So it was 500 out of 400.   Changing the requirement for a labor contract to 400 provisions would close the loophole without DOUBLING the cost of a seasoned wood ship, and would encourage clan organization as it would require 120k provisions to build a seasoned wood l'ocean worth of contracts.

Provisions are sold at 30 reals in places where i sail. If LH were so important for provisions they would not be so cheap. Increasing provisions would achieve nothing. 

Are you REALLY suggesting that increasing cost of Provisions in LH from 3000 reals to 15000 reals would make a difference?

And there goes my good and honest business with labour contracts... 

My apologies for paying reasonable prices for reasonable amounts of resources to sell the LC at a reasonable price. Sorry, I feel shame, guilt and regrets now.

Edited by braginator

2 hours ago, braginator said:

And there goes my good and honest business with labour contracts... 

My apologies for paying reasonable prices for reasonable amounts of resources to sell the LC at a reasonable price. Sorry, I feel shame, guilt and regrets now.

sorry man

but it had to be done. With 4 tools (which are plentiful even from NPCs) and groschen for provisions players could generate LH from thin air (out of nothing) with academy loophole. it had to be closed. 

LH must be reworked anyway. This system is outdated and was a placeholder in 2016.
Players should be able to decide how much LH they have themselves by hiring workers feeding them and and building accommodations for them. But we cant do it now before we finish current priorities. You still all get a lot more LH than in 2018 and we will provide other sources for contracts soon. 

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, admin said:

sorry man

but it had to be done. With 4 tools (which are plentiful even from NPCs) and groschen for provisions players could generate LH from thin air (out of nothing) with academy loophole. it had to be closed. 

LH must be reworked anyway. This system is outdated and was a placeholder in 2016.
Players should be able to decide how much LH they have themselves by hiring workers feeding them and and building accommodations for them. But we cant do it now before we finish current priorities. You still all get a lot more LH than in 2018 and we will provide other sources for contracts soon. 

idea|

instead of LH, it takes like 1x week to craft a 5th rate, BUT if you want to, you can use your currency to hire more labourers.

So you can choose to craft slow and spend not alot of your own currency, or you can splash the cash to get the exampled 5th rate instant?

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Players should be able to decide how much LH they have themselves by hiring workers feeding them and and building accommodations for them. 

Well that sounds promising! Thumbs up!

1 hour ago, admin said:

sorry man

I'd very much LOVE to see a system where you request "workers" to craft a ship, and depending the the amount of workers you hire determines how long it takes to craft the ship.

lets say 3 stages and you want to craft a Wasa. The standard rate for crafting would be 300 workers or something (example)

150 Workers - takes 4 real life hours to have the ship finished

300 Workers - takes 2 real life hours to have the ship finished

600 Workers - Takes 1 real life hour to have the ship finished.

The more Workers you hire, the larger the "labor" cost is to craft the ship. An incentive to use more Workers could be that you get higher chances for better quality ships.

I'm taking this straight from current Eve Online "production system" in that if you want to craft certain goods or ships, it takes a certain amount of time BUT, you can have multiple goods being created at once and all of them could have different finishing dates.

I am not proposing a drastic change, only the following.

Instead of waiting for the right amount of Labor Hours to then craft a ship instantly, I am proposing that we choose to craft the ship NOW and then wait (x) hours for it to then be ready for accepting it into your shipyard (dock).

EDIT: Labor Contracts could be an item to help grant "extra assistance" to your crafting requests.

We could make them incredibly versatile and cool.

Labor contracts could do the following in crafting

1. Speed up crafting time
2. steer your workers to make the ship a certain quality
3. to give a Ship being crafted a higher chance to get  a trim quality (fast, sturdy, cramped, etc)

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 11

17 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I'd very much LOVE to see a system where you request "workers" to craft a ship, and depending the the amount of workers you hire determines how long it takes to craft the ship.

lets say 3 stages and you want to craft a Wasa. The standard rate for crafting would be 300 workers or something (example)

150 Workers - takes 4 real life hours to have the ship finished

300 Workers - takes 2 real life hours to have the ship finished

600 Workers - Takes 1 real life hour to have the ship finished.

The more Workers you hire, the larger the "labor" cost is to craft the ship. An incentive to use more Workers could be that you get higher chances for better quality ships.

I'm taking this straight from current Eve Online "production system" in that if you want to craft certain goods or ships, it takes a certain amount of time BUT, you can have multiple goods being created at once and all of them could have different finishing dates.

I am not proposing a drastic change, only the following.

Instead of waiting for the right amount of Labor Hours to then craft a ship instantly, I am proposing that we choose to craft the ship NOW and then wait (x) hours for it to then be ready for accepting it into your shipyard (dock).

i think this would work perfectly in this game, its also much more about your own accomplishment if you want stuff crafted quicker. Also it can be scaled from alot of values

• Like 3

6 hours ago, admin said:

sorry man

The LH plans sound promising, though it has to be carefully balanced with the redeemable ships. 

I see, you have a lot of work to do...

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:29 PM, admin said:

New player mission and additions and improvements of NPC agression on the OW (inlcuding adding solo privateers to patrol zones in limited numbers)

God .....please ......NO........

Bad enough we have overpowered to the extreme AI in capitals where if you accidentally Wonder with your trader you're gone! This is a PVP server. Please don't do this

• Like 1

20 hours ago, admin said:

The exploit loophole was that you can make 500 hour contract with 300 hours. 

What do players value more?. Labor hours or tools (widely available on the markets or crafteable too). 
To fix the loophole we either would have to kill the crafting port perk or keep the perk and find other means to even out the loophole. We decided that players value LH more than tools and added 16 tools to LH crafting.

The amount of tools added in LH was equal to loophole generation (200lh) = 200 LH = 20 tools to craft. And kept the LH perk still allowing savings on everything. 
So overall if the player did use the port perk and did not use the loophole the situation is a net neutral for the player. If the player did not use the perk he probably never cared about labor hours. The only players who are affected are those who used the loophole in academy allowing to generate 5 contracts out of 3. 

We could be wrong. We are monitoring the tools situation. Currently 50 ports supply them. The supply varies between 400-to 1700 tools per day per port. What could probably be done is reduction of LH per tool if the situaiton spirals out of control increasing the price. 

One of the biggest issues with tools atm is the weight and amount one needs. The most you can transport at any given time is 156 and that's with 4 Indianmans and a fourth of what's needed to craft seasoned logs for an Endymion and now with the number needed for LH Contracts even more are needed. 

My suggestion, would be to remove tools as a trade good and reclassify it in the same category as copper ingots, Royal Navy Academy Graduates, etc. Now this in itself presents some issues but could solve or mitigate some. 

1. Removing them as a trade good could mean that you could drop the weight from 100 to say 50 or lower, enabling you to transport more.

2. It allows players to place contracts on them, rather than relying on luck of the draw to be in the port at the right time when it spawns. Now this presents it's own set of issues I will discuss below

3. It removes the ability for players to make an easy profit. I agree with the reduction in the price to craft tools as that was another thing that drove up the price of seasoned wood, however, it did open a big money making opportunity to players with the blueprint and it is the only trade good that is crafted. Even with the price cap on the ports, you can still make 1400-2700 profit on each tool with no risk that players have when dealing in other trade goods. I can craft 450-500 tools a day and if I was to sell them I could make 1.7-1.9 Mil a day just by selling to NPC. 

Some down sides are the prices in the player driven economy is super inflated. Ports that spawn tools close to crafting ports will probably see high bidding wars just increasing the cost of seasoned woods and labour hour contracts. However, if you keep the number of ports that spawn tools at 50 then there will be ports that are less visited and thus the price theoretically would be lower than what it is to buy from the NPC. I tend to try and visit the more remote ports that sale tools but due to the distance from crafting ports it's usually not worth the time required hauling the tools that I need due to the weight. 

Given my distaste for player controlled pricing in the game, I'm not sure it would be better than what we currently have. 

But figured I would throw my two cents out there. 

Edited by Redman29

21 hours ago, admin said:

Provisions are sold at 30 reals in places where i sail. If LH were so important for provisions they would not be so cheap. Increasing provisions would achieve nothing. 

Are you REALLY suggesting that increasing cost of Provisions in LH from 3000 reals to 15000 reals would make a difference?

Oh,  no problem.  remove provisions drops so they are only available by farming.   That way they either take LH to produce, or significant time at sea (and in danger of being raided, even under a fort's guns if they raiders are crafty) fishing.  The drops aren't a sufficient source  of provisions for anyone really trying to use them anyway- they've always been supplemental  in relationship to farms.  The little inconvenience of having to grow or buy them from players would be far less than the inconvenience of needing 5 times the tools.

That and raising the provision requirements to 400 would close the gap without punishing everyone who'd built a clan economy around crafting seasoned wood.  It would require slight adjustments instead  of major ones.  

Edited by TheDread

Dont know if this is related to the patch or not but ships being built at Belize are not having the port bonus applied to them. I have verified that the clan i am part of is still on the port owners friends list. F11 report was submitted at 02/05/2020 17:18. Could not get the report number as it flashed off the screen (perhaps an email with the information might help)

Ok, was informed that it takes a day after taking the port back for the investments to go active, weird but ok.

Edited by Raekur

2 hours ago, Bubba Smith said:

How sad a part of history was discarded so flippantly. Will our leaders ever learn?

To be fair it was a long time ago, I think private donations would pour in to stop something similar from happening today. Not to say that people in positions of power don't still make huge mistakes, though. 😉

To clarify the language of 3 centuries ago. @admin   to todays meaning 

The meaning of the naming of:  "the Wreeker class"     for what you call wrecker)
it is a class name that comes from the meaning " do justice "
     and >>>  take revenge.
from the insult ,..to  >> to punishment. >> To the one who insult  you.

wraak   (revenge) >> "wreeken (revenge)  " >> wreeker     / avenger  (old  dutch adjectives  to english )

de Wreeker (no translation) the ship that takes revenge. >>The  |  Avenger  | .

the instrument: in english:
               >>  the Avenger.  <<
the wreeker (is a old dutch] example: (is not used very much nowadays)
-   insult the insult back with a punitive action
-  the retribution >> with punishment
-  where the government exercises revenge
               >> the Avenger << (english  translation)

(( The ( government)  would probably nowadays call it,   the class:  the:  Avenger class. ))for wreeker  would be almost a  redundant word)

The transferable meaning:
- where the government punishes you for what you have done. 
- where God punishes you for your sins done to others. (the light name form)

Edited by Thonys