Game-Labs Forum

DLC Ships Seasoned Woods Splinters

22 minutes ago, Despe said:

stop change the DLC stats after buying it, please. You can craft ships with seasoned woods for get the same splinter resistance, is so easy :D

Technically they were changed to be able to be redeemed with seasoned woods. Not changing them would be to only allow normal woods on them, when you bought them they had no seasoned wood. 🤔

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

@admin I realise it must be great for sales pushing more and more players to use DLC  ships, but the Splinter Resistance is too high. Keep seasoned woods on DLC ships if you must, but please reconsider the splinter resistance percentages. Not surprising so few players now use 6th rates.    

Small ships got carronade upgrades... Snow now can have 32pders ... should overcompensate the higher Splinter damage

8 minutes ago, Never said:

Technically they were changed to be able to be redeemed with seasoned woods. Not changing them would be to only allow normal woods on them, when you bought them they had no seasoned wood. 🤔

29 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

I bought the Rätt and the Leopard only to scrap them every day and get some seasoned woods ...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

I bought the Rätt and the Leopard only to scrap them every day and get some seasoned woods ...

Yeah same for me with Leopard. But I don't think they change them anyway so not much to worry about. Many people will buy for the same reason for future and bigger ships that will drop even more seasoned wood. Good for sales. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Never said:

careful now, we don't want to upset the DLC abusers 😘.

I stand by my original statement though. Seasoned Woods were a mistake and are fine woods 2.0...they should be reverted.

otherwise, Game is actually in a great state.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Never said:

Depending on when u bought them......

9 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

careful now, we don't want to upset the DLC abusers 😘.

I stand by my original statement though. Seasoned Woods were a mistake and are fine woods 2.0...they should be reverted.

otherwise, Game is actually in a great state.

I disagree with the last sentence but I agree with the rest.

Seasoned woods aren't necessarily a bad idea, However DLC ships should not be dropping it given the prices it goes for. Once the economy catches up to the demand for it, I think it'll be less of an issue. *That being said* it is rough that those of us who forked out for a DLC ship can get on demand, an objectively better ship with a wood type that is quite spendy

I have all the dlcs and I went near three weeks without getting a single s log. That's breaking up all of them everyday. It's not as op as you may think. And even if we did get a lot of s wood from our dlc that would bring down the market value of it. Not to mention at the prices for the bigger dlcs ships.. Imo its financially logical for the dev's to keep it the way it is. I hear there may be plans to make smaller privateer fleets and that will drastically bring down the prices.

seasoned woods gave clans a lot to work together for as a unit. on that front it is an amazing thing. removing them now will just shaft everybody who spent all the effort setting up infrastructure for it.

give it time. in 6 months there will be plenty of them and prices will level down as more people get into it. and as you begin taking players seasoned ships, you will change your story to how we need more seasoned ships for you to take.........

now on the other hand, repair price gouging is a serious problem! its like they are made of seasoned woods....... 

• Like 1

Think some are missing the point, the problem isn't that I don't have a ship with seasoned woods, the problem is the Splinter Resistance is too high and raking itself becomes even more broken.

Sailing a Prince Fire a single shot from a 6 lb bow chaser into the stern of a Vic and kill 48 crew do the same to a L Herm or Leopard with S Woods and kill none.  Ideal rake broadside into a S Wood ship and kill 5 crew do the same to a Vic without S Woods and kills over 200. 

2 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Think some are missing the point, the problem isn't that I don't have a ship with seasoned woods, the problem is the Splinter Resistance is too high and raking itself becomes even more broken.

Sailing a Prince Fire a single shot from a 6 lb bow chaser into the stern of a Vic and kill 48 crew do the same to a L Herm or Leopard with S Woods and kill none.  Ideal rake broadside into a S Wood ship and kill 5 crew do the same to a Vic without S Woods and kills over 200. 

If that is true it requires some attention :(

16 hours ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

That doesnt sound right.....

As long as I know splint resistance is just a % that lowers incoming crew damage 

By all means, maybe splinter damage should be higher considering the splinters that shatter from the frame are much more stiff, which would mean they would be sharper and be more dangerous towards the crew. It should also have FAR less fire resistance considering the internal part of the wood is completely dry

But hey, dont give the seasoned woods any cons

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

I sail plenty DLC ships. I can assure you your claims of those crew numbers are false. I am not sure how you came up with them... 

The ai eats plenty of my crew with their random pot shots and a player actually getting a rake on me once my rear is down (which is typically in 1 broadside for most ships),  is devastating. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 8:06 PM, Urchin said:

Sounds more like a general problem to me. 
Those 6lb chasers should not kill 200 people on any ship. Not even 50... And in my opinion a Prince de Neufchatel(or a Snow) shouldn’t be able in any way to gun down the crew of a Victory to a point where it can board it and win.

• Like 1