Game-Labs Forum

Make Pirates Pirates Again

Im getting so mad that some dipshit guys are carebaring in Pirate nation, that they are blaming each other for not doing the "proper" thing in pirate "nation".

Bring back the outlaw battles for the love of god, so we can deal with these pirates ourselves. I can imagine it would be just for the better of the pirate nation, the ones that dont care fore others and want to be shit towards other players within the same nations. For example green on green and loot stealing which we would be a ble to solve ourselves.

@admin The reinforcement zones are removed, which were the case that you removed outlaw battles. Re implement it again and make the pirates more immersive.

Thank you in advance!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Im getting so mad that some dipshit guys are carebaring in Pirate nation, that they are blaming each other for not doing the "proper" thing in pirate "nation".

Bring back the outlaw battles for the love of god, so we can deal with these pirates ourselves. I can imagine it would be just for the better of the pirate nation, the ones that dont care fore others and want to be shit towards other players within the same nations. For example green on green and loot stealing which we would be a ble to solve ourselves.

@admin The reinforcement zones are removed, which were the case that you removed outlaw battles. Re implement it again and make the pirates more immersive.

Thank you in advance!

Parlea.

are    you     yourself    a real Pirate  hummmm..

make up your mind and vote for a king to become a force of terror

https://youtu.be/nfKFHTaGzuU

Edited by Thonys

7 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Thank you in advance!

I'd already posted my wish list for Pirates in another thread.  But as usual no response from devs. 

• Move Pirates from MT to Secret Islands
  • Pirates can only raid and loot ports not capture them
  • Return of Outlaw Battles
  • Remove ability of Pirates to craft ships larger than 5th rates. So only level one shipyards.
  • Any Pirate Ship becomes a Refit so slight boarding and crew size bonuses for any ship sailed
  • Return of the Smuggler Flag option for Pirate 7th rates so they can enter and raid from any port. 

If Pirates don't like the changes there are plenty of other nations they can move to for sailing ships of the line and RVR.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Mad Dan Morgan said:

I'd already posted my wish list for Pirates in another thread.  But as usual no response from devs. 

• Move Pirates from MT to Secret Islands
  • Pirates can only raid and loot ports not capture them
  • Return of Outlaw Battles
  • Remove ability of Pirates to craft ships larger than 5th rates. So only level one shipyards.
  • Any Pirate Ship becomes a Refit so slight boarding and crew size bonuses for any ship sailed
  • Return of the Smuggler Flag option for Pirate 7th rates so they can enter and raid from any port. 

If Pirates don't like the changes there are plenty of other nations they can move to for sailing ships of the line and RVR.

agree

Remove ability of Pirates to craft ships larger than 5th rates. So only level one shipyards.

also restriction  on crew <>  what  is essential in this matter. (500)

you and I know the power of the small ...

but the question is ...do they....Haaahahahaha

The key issue is that they are incorrectly named.  They are just another nation but their name is confusing.  Pirates, ... players expect they will be different than any other nation.  Real pirates could attack other  pirates.  Green on Green/ firendly fire is good for pirates. But in NA are exactly the same as a country.

So easy fix.  Change their name.

Cakerats. ...Done.  Fixed.  

No more expectations that they are in some way different.  They certainly ain't pirates.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

outlaw battles where removed because tha ability to join on both sides of a battle where constantly abused by pirates to "lock" the br of the enemy side with guys that would not fight for the side they joined, or to increase the enemy br to bring in more ships on their own side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Durin said:

outlaw battles where removed because tha ability to join on both sides of a battle where constantly abused by pirates to "lock" the br of the enemy side with guys that would not fight for the side they joined, or to increase the enemy br to bring in more ships on their own side.

I don't understand br limits.  Are the "BR Limit" rules posted somewhere?

Were alternatives tested? Seems like there are lots of easy fixes to prevent abuse. (If we do not treat pirates like a nation.)

Could Pirates be limited to joining pirate side only? (Pirates could still attack pirates inside the battle.)

Could BR limits be removed from pirate battles? (They are pirates not a nation right?)

9 hours ago, Macjimm said:

The key issue is that they are incorrectly named.  They are just another nation but their name is confusing.  Pirates, ... players expect they will be different than any other nation.  Real pirates could attack other  pirates.  Green on Green/ firendly fire is good for pirates. But in NA are exactly the same as a country.

So easy fix.  Change their name.

Cakerats. ...Done.  Fixed.  

No more expectations that they are in some way different.  They certainly ain't pirates.

[ Real pirates did exist.]

Agree..current ~ pirates~ do not fit..

with the current mechanics they are incorrectly named .(misleading name)

they are more like :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buccaneer

Buccaneers were a kind of privateers or free sailors peculiar to the Caribbean Sea during the 17th and 18th centuries.

Originally the name applied to the landless hunters of wild boars and cattle in the largely uninhabited areas of Tortuga and Hispaniola. The meat they caught was smoked over a slow fire in little huts the French called boucanes to make viande boucanée  jerked meat or jerky – which they sold to the corsairs that preyed on the (largely Spanish) shipping and settlements of the Caribbean. Eventually the term was applied to the corsairs and (later) privateers themselves, also known as the Brethren of the Coast. Though corsairs, also known as freebooters, were largely lawless, privateers were nominally licensed by the authorities – first the French, later the English and Dutch – to prey on the Spanish, until their depredations became so severe they were suppressed.[2]

other names ;

corsairs / freebooters

privateers

A name change is perhaps a good idea...

Most of those so called pirates >>> are care>bears (so buccaneers is the perfect name for them ) 

Ships

Entrepreneurs converted many different types of vessels into privateers, including obsolete warships and refitted merchant ships. The investors would arm the vessels and recruit large crews, much larger than a merchantman or a naval vessel would carry, in order to crew the prizes they captured. Privateers generally cruised independently, but it was not unknown for them to form squadrons, or to co-operate with the regular navy. A number of privateers were part of the English fleet that opposed the Spanish Armada in 1588. Privateers generally avoided encounters with warships, as such encounters would be at best unprofitable. Still, such encounters did occur. For instance, in 1815 Chasseur encountered HMS St Lawrence, herself a former American privateer, mistaking her for a merchantman until too late; in this instance, however, the privateer prevailed.

The United States used mixed squadrons of frigates and privateers in the American Revolutionary War. Following the French Revolution, French privateers became a menace to British and American shipping in the western Atlantic and the Caribbean, resulting in the Quasi-War, a brief conflict between France and the United States, fought largely at sea, and to the Royal Navy's procuring Bermuda sloops to combat the French privateers.[11]

Overall history

330px-16th_century_Portuguese_Spanish_tr

16th-century trade routes prey to privateering: Spanish treasure fleets linking the Caribbean to Seville, Manila-Acapulco galleons started in 1568 (white) and rival Portuguese India Armadas of 1498–1640 (blue)

In Europe, the practice of authorising sea-raiding dated to at least the 13th century but the word 'privateer' was coined sometime in the mid-17th century.[12] A seaman who shipped on a naval vessel was paid a wage and provided with victuals but the mariner on a merchantman or privateer was paid with an agreed share of the takings.[13] This proved to be a far more attractive financial prospect and caused privateering to flourish as a result. The increase in competition for crews on armed merchant vessels and privateers was due, in a large part, because of the chance for a considerable payoff.

Privateers were a large part of the total military force at sea during the 17th and 18th centuries. In the first Anglo-Dutch War, English privateers attacked the trade on which the United Provinces entirely depended, capturing over 1,000 Dutch merchant ships. During the subsequent war with Spain, Spanish and Flemish privateers in the service of the Spanish Crown, including the Dunkirkers, captured 1,500 English merchant ships, helping to restore Dutch international trade.[14] British trade, whether coastal, Atlantic, or Mediterranean, was also attacked by Dutch privateers and others in the Second and Third Anglo-Dutch wars. Piet Pieterszoon Hein was a brilliantly successful Dutch privateer who captured a Spanish treasure fleet. Magnus Heinason was another privateer who served the Dutch against the Spanish. While their and others' attacks brought home a great deal of money, they hardly dented the flow of gold and silver from Mexico to Spain.

Privateering continued until 1856 when the Declaration of Paris, signed by all major European powers, stated that "Privateering is and remains abolished".

perhaps @admin can make a statement about the role of the current pirates ? role of future

it would be nice to have a verdict on this group of players.

How on earth can a pirate be a TRADER,  and  to be a pirate in a trader snow .(confusing role)

But real pirates do exist...

Edited by Thonys

7 hours ago, Durin said:

no that wasnt the case, you've misunderstood the ROE of the outlaw battles.

The reason they removed outlaw battles was because the reinforcement zones didnt work for pirate vs pirate. So what people did was that they tagged other pirates with their pirate alts within that Reinforcement zone to exploit the mechanic to generate huge battles outside Mortimer Town. The BR inside those battle wasnt limited since it was free for all, and it was open to join for everyone during the whole 90 minutes of the battle at ANY position you wanted to, exactly like todays capital battles.

The roe you speak of is that a pirate could join both sides on a Nation vs Nation battle, which then locked players out of each others battles. Its still done, but then by players having friends in other nations joining the battle to prevent actual helping players for joining, then leaving the battle 10 mins later because "they didnt know".

Why don't we just leave Pirates alone?  They are simply another nation that some people enjoy because of the cool flags.  All the special "Pirate" options were tried in the past and found to be unpopular.  We all already act like Pirates when we sail out and take another player's sh..stuff.

• Like 1

Of course I'm agree with you since i'm a pirate,  but, if i have to choose, i prefer to change my flag and keep the ports where i have building instead a nerf on shipyards and ships that i can sail with or without a compensation in reals or doubloons

Is just my coffee break time

Edited by Conte D. Catellani

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:31 PM, erelkivtuadrater said:

The real problem here is that you are getting mad about how another player chooses to play his game.  It's offensive that you characterise anyone as a "dipshit", for not playing the way you want them to.  Did you pay for their account?

36 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Why don't we just leave Pirates alone?  They are simply another nation that some people enjoy because of the cool flags.  All the special "Pirate" options were tried in the past and found to be unpopular.  We all already act like Pirates when we sail out and take another player's sh..stuff.

problem is that we cant sail out and take whoevers players sh..stuff. In fact we are dealing with griefing in therms of loot stealing, and alts shadowing players, toxic players we cant deal with ourselves, not only towards us but also towards other new players.

28 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The real problem here is that you are getting mad about how another player chooses to play his game.  It's offensive that you characterise anyone as a "dipshit", for not playing the way you want them to.  Did you pay for their account?

Well if they steal items from pirates ( yeah word) without being able to fix the problem on my own and steal it back its a problem.

It also goes away from what ever is immersive about pirates in the game, i also believe that if the pirates would be able to attack each other and sort out problems on their own, it would also make a stronger bond between those that choose to be friends in the pirate faction and someone thats only there to go full ham on everyone.

It would also reduce alot of tribunals that create disputes ingame where people report others for stealing and green on green in the pirate nation etc. 

Also alot of players left because the outlaw mechanic were gone

25 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

problem is that we cant sail out and take whoevers players sh..stuff. In fact we are dealing with griefing in therms of loot stealing, and alts shadowing players, toxic players we cant deal with ourselves, not only towards us but also towards other new players.

I don't understand this.  I hunt all the time and cannot remember that last time any of that happened.  Come to think about it....It would have been back when I was a Pirate...Sayid is a terrible loot stealer.  I basically live the Pirate life under a Brit flag, so effectively a Privateer.

42 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Well if they steal items from pirates ( yeah word) without being able to fix the problem on my own and steal it back its a problem.

It also goes away from what ever is immersive about pirates in the game, i also believe that if the pirates would be able to attack each other and sort out problems on their own, it would also make a stronger bond between those that choose to be friends in the pirate faction and someone thats only there to go full ham on everyone.

It would also reduce alot of tribunals that create disputes ingame where people report others for stealing and green on green in the pirate nation etc. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11760244

Dont be obsessed if someone stole your loot. I've never heard about someones loot being stolen outside of MT - Baracoa area - try to get out.

Everything you pointed is basically applies to every nation

And the last one - Im pretty sure there is more players who left the game because of Green on Green, like, you gonna sit here and tell me how you one-v-oned pirates back in the old days?

0b7a904bcd294068a76f8483a0afed90_eac5054

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:31 PM, erelkivtuadrater said:

Thank you in advance!

Outlaw battles were a safety switch. See enemy - attack a friend. We wasted 3 months on them. 3 weeks to code and then 2.5 months to fix all bugs and loopholes. 

There will be no changes to pirates. Current in game pirates are a Pirate Republic of Mortimer (Mathew) town formerly known as a Pirate republic of Nassau (or an offshoot of libertaria on madagascar)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Pirates

Any changes to them will be welcomed by 50% of pirates
Those exact changes will be hated by another 50% of pirates
Those 50% of pirates will be very very upset and will become very negative persons as they will consider their content STOLEN from them. 
The positive voice from happy 50% will not be heard as usual as they will be in game. While unhappy 50% will be on steam and here on the forum, creating more negative impression for new comers. 

As a result here is the simple answer on pirate limitations
8MMwvKs.jpg 

PS
If new mechanics are introduced they will be introduced as Profession (outlaws) and will be deployed in similar form as Dark Knights in Final Fantasy 14 or Worgens in Wow (expansion purchase required)

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, admin said:

If new mechanics are introduced they will be introduced as Profession (outlaws)

You might also consider a "Letter of Marque"  I'm perfectly happy killing people as a Brit and taking their stuff, but if there were a new mechanic that made that more fun....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, admin said:

Outlaw battles were a safety switch. See enemy - attack a friend. We wasted 3 months on them. 3 weeks to code and then 2.5 months to fix all bugs and loopholes. 

There will be no changes to pirates. Current in game pirates are a Pirate Republic of Mortimer (Mathew) town formerly known as a Pirate republic of Nassau (or an offshoot of libertaria on madagascar)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Pirates

Those 50% of pirates will be very very upset and will become very negative persons as they will consider their content STOLEN from them. 
The positive voice from happy 50% will not be heard as usual as they will be in game. While unhappy 50% will be on steam and here on the forum, creating more negative impression for new comers. 

As a result here is the simple answer on pirate limitations
8MMwvKs.jpg 

PS
If new mechanics are introduced they will be introduced as Profession (outlaws) and will be deployed in similar form as Dark Knights in Final Fantasy 14 or Worgens in Wow (expansion purchase required)

Fine give me my own buccaneer off-faction then so i can attack anyone i want, but can use pirate ports. 

Besides i would totally disagree on the Subject, i know alot of players that would transfer over to pirates if they would be able to attack anyone they wanted, they changed to other nations because they wanted to have more targets. And its not like all pirates would attack each other, we would be able to Police ourselves.

Problem with a player? Duel him to settle it once and for all.

One player harrassing new ones in the nation? Well i guess he is KOS with all the other pirates. 

Certain alt behavior from an other nation a.k.a spy? I guess that character would have a hard time coming about? 

@admin i can see very few cons with outlaw battles. The only cons are that you cant tribunal people for green on green and steal loot from other players. 

42 minutes ago, admin said:

You know what the appropriate answer is?

Keep current pirate "nation" but introduce another pirate "outlaw brethren" which is so hardcore it does not follow the usual rules but features that what OP and several other ideas in that style proposed. Problem solved. No hard feelings among existing pirate "nation" - but you will count them voting for the new faction by the numbers by whom they leave "nation" and join outlaw brethren... :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1