Game-Labs Forum

Make Pirates Pirates Again

Or just leave it alone.  Anybody can hunt, anytime they want and if there are not enough targets when hunting as a Pirate, which is ludicrous, then switch to Danes.  There's hardly any of them and you can hunt the map.  All the OP asked for really is Outlaw battles, which is just an excuse for Green on Green and easily abused. Seal clubbing in your own nation.

Naval Action is a game that allows the player to play as he wants.

3 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Fine give me my own buccaneer off-faction then so i can attack anyone i want, but can use pirate ports.

Join to low population nation. This will give you a maximum targets. Don't like the flag. There is a guide how to change flag

19 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

i know alot of players that would transfer over to pirates if they would be able to attack anyone they wanted, they changed to other nations because they wanted to have more targets. And its not like all pirates would attack each other, we would be able to Police ourselves.

Such words like "i know a lot of players" do no increase importance of your suggestion.

Suppose that over a month over 4,000 unique players play the game. How many players will transfer to new pirate nation?

3 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Keep current pirate "nation" but introduce another pirate "outlaw brethren" which is so hardcore it does not follow the usual rules but features that what OP and several other ideas in that style proposed. Problem solved. No hard feelings among existing pirate "nation" - but you will count them voting for the new faction by the numbers by whom they leave "nation" and join outlaw brethren...

What if the new game mode will have the same popularity as the Polish nation in the game?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, qw569 said:

What if the new game mode will have the same popularity as the Polish nation in the game?

I won't make any prophecies how many people will join the new 'outlaw brethren' faction with rules of their own. But given the consistency of how often suggestions about "special pirate game rules" are made over the years, I won't expect less than warm reception of that novelty. Especially when it is properly announced in some patch note and one redeemable option is given to the community for a change without need of prolific forger.

People will go there from all nations, not only  from traditional "pirate nation". Because it's something new, something tempting, something they dreamed of time ago but forgot, or it is something for those who are fed up with their clans in a nation, for whatever reason.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

i've done that, but there are certain poles i cant attack and  its just not pirates

Pirates aren't "Pirates" and they won't be, according to the Devs.  Just another nation.  If there are certain players you can't attack, that's a "you" problem and not an issue for here.  @Prince of Wales suggests you become a Pole, not attack them.  I've put the following in the New Construction thread, which could give a bit of the swashbuckling feeling.

Letter of Marque.   Bribe the local Governor to issue a Letter of Marque so that you can go out Privateering.  The Letter of Marque is good for one calendar month.

Cost - 10K Doubloons

Advantage - All 5th rate and above PVP kills give 1 Combat Mark. 6th rate and below gives 0.5 CM.

Disadvantage - Can only be done in 5th rate or below.  Zero real or Doubloon reward from combats (Bribes to Governor).  Doubloons in Hold still exist and credit for other missions still in effect. 

Clan: HMCS

1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

i've done that, but there are certain poles i cant attack and  its just not pirates

Let me give you a tip

1. Take paper and pen.
  2. Write their nicks.
  3. Change to any nation.

And you will receive incredible chance to kill any nicks that you wrote in paper.

Be more creative :D

• Like 1