Game-Labs Forum

Leopard Feedback

Captains.

Please provide feedback on Leopard 4th rate.
Sailing, Combat, Visuals - anything that you like or don't like. 

PS
If you want to compare it to other imported vessels or talk about other imported vessels you can use this topic.

• Like 5

There comes a point when a single game has so much DLC for it that it becomes a red flag for any casual gamers who are looking at the game for the first time, and I think NA had already crossed that point long ago. It's getting ridiculous at this point. If you guys want more money, that's completely understandable, but you're focusing in the wrong areas.

What you should have done was attempt some form of marketing to actually advertise the game before the official launch, but I didn't see a shred of it for this game. I was surprised to not see any new trailers or even see NA reappear on the front page of steam. Because of that, it's no wonder why a vast majority of pc gamers have never even heard of NA. Instead you just keep making overpriced DLC for the game's very small community while simultaneously changing the game in such a way to encourage people to purchase this DLC, but with that I think you're pretty lucky that NA has such a small community. I've seen more popular games do similar acts and it's sometimes enough to destroy its reputation.

So, very few know of Naval Action, even fewer have played it, and yet this is the kind of content that is added to the game after so long? I don't think you guys know what you want your game to be, and I don't think you know what your loyal community wants. Many of us have stuck around for years with thousands of hours spent playing the game. After doing the math, I have spent roughly 1.75% of my entire life playing NA. That kind of dedication to a single video game is actually really stupid, but it shows just how much some people really enjoyed NA. With that in mind, I think we deserve better than the option to add a very small addition to the game in order to simply make the ludicrous grind easier which costs the same as the base game itself.

Please get your priorities right and make a game that's more fun than it is a chore. Only after you fix the game would I even contemplate these very questionable purchases.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Latron said:

There comes a point when a single game has so much DLC for it that it becomes a red flag for any casual gamers who are looking at the game for the first time, and I think NA had already crossed that point long ago. It's getting ridiculous at this point. If you guys want more money, that's completely understandable, but you're focusing in the wrong areas.

What you should have done was attempt some form of marketing to actually advertise the game before the official launch, but I didn't see a shred of it for this game. I was surprised to not see any new trailers or even see NA reappear on the front page of steam. Because of that, it's no wonder why a vast majority of pc gamers have never even heard of NA. Instead you just keep making overpriced DLC for the game's very small community while simultaneously changing the game in such a way to encourage people to purchase this DLC, but with that I think you're pretty lucky that NA has such a small community. I've seen more popular games do similar acts and it's sometimes enough to destroy its reputation.

So, very few know of Naval Action, even fewer have played it, and yet this is the kind of content that is added to the game after so long? I don't think you guys know what you want your game to be, and I don't think you know what your loyal community wants. Many of us have stuck around for years with thousands of hours spent playing the game. After doing the math, I have spent roughly 1.75% of my entire life playing NA. That kind of dedication to a single video game is actually really stupid, but it shows just how much some people really enjoyed NA. With that in mind, I think we deserve better than the option to add a very small addition to the game in order to simply make the ludicrous grind easier which costs the same as the base game itself.

Please get your priorities right and make a game that's more fun than it is a chore. Only after you fix the game would I even contemplate these very questionable purchases.

Being far too negative over the addition of a DLC ship aren't you? I mean you should take some time to look at other games before trashing NA for it's DLC, I think the policy (at least so far) for cash content in NA is quite good compared to other MMOs out there. You can play NA and not buy any of the DLC ships and you're not missing out on much if you don't want to buy them. If you look at even F2P MMOs cash shop models you should be glad none of that nonsense has made it into NA, instead we have a DLC ship being released occasionally. 

A  patch has just been deployed that does contain changes the community asked for. It's not perfect, but it does show the community is heard, even if not everyone gets exactly what they wanted. 

This game is/was/always will be of niche interest; if a few new DLC ships is what keeps the game going; It's not a bad compromise. Players of NA hurt the game potential population with their negative steam reviews more than lack of adverts probably did. I think the community needs to stop being so negative all the time. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

The stern castle is amazing, beautiful. My sincere congratulations to the DEVS.

Z4ys, can you tell us what speed it has and the turn? Thank you. I'm very interested in the Leopard.

Sorry the ship stat plate around 0:15 in the video is in german so here are the infos of my build

It is a wo/wo build both (S) quality

Speed 11.88kn (without cannons and repairs)

Turnrate 2.49 (But as I sailed her she felt very maneuverable especially when tacking. She heels a lot)

Side HP 12902

Side Thickness 80

Currently the main gundeck can hold 24pd meds or longs but regarding admin she might now be able to carry 42pd carronades as well

13 hours ago, admin said:

It will

it can and should and will carry 42lb carrons on main gundeck.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

Прибавьте Леопарду экипаж хотя бы на 20 человек. Нижнюю деку правого борта почти никто не заряжает.

Маневр Леопарда пониже Ратвизана, остальные параметры кроме скорости тоже уступают, отстреливаться от погони с красивой кормы он может только 2-мя орудиями. Надо хоть что-то бустить. Предлагается немного увеличить маневр хотя бы до 2,55.

Каронады  на гондеке хоть 42ф, хоть 32ф будут применяться только при прокачке. В непатрульном ПвП будут применяться пушки Блумфилда и нави-ганы.

Фишкой кораблей мог бы стать какой-нибудь встроенный национальный перманент (не в слот, а по ТТХ). Если всем французским 32ф кораблям (Редутаблю) увеличивают возможный калибр до 36ф - британским кораблям можно бы встроить половину британского рефита или половину British gunners. Шведскому Ратвизану и датскому Кристиану - треть встроенных Северных плотников. Американским Консте и USS - Light Canvas или Cotton Sails. 

А можно бы и вообще сделать при крафте случайный бонус из списка бонусов кораблей в ОМ. Британским - Ливерпульский, Испанским  - Картахена-рефит, Французским - Брестский, Американским - Бостонский, пиратским - Бермудский или Мадагаскарский. Русским - Черноморский ...

Edited by Rolando

59 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Sorry the ship stat plate around 0:15 in the video is in german so here are the infos of my build

It is a wo/wo build both (S) quality

Speed 11.88kn (without cannons and repairs)

Turnrate 2.49 (But as I sailed her she felt very maneuverable especially when tacking. She heels a lot)

Side HP 12902

Side Thickness 80

Currently the main gundeck can hold 24pd meds or longs but regarding admin she might now be able to carry 42pd carronades as well

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Never said:

Being far too negative over the addition of a DLC ship aren't you? I mean you should take some time to look at other games before trashing NA for it's DLC, I think the policy (at least so far) for cash content in NA is quite good compared to other MMOs out there. You can play NA and not buy any of the DLC ships and you're not missing out on much if you don't want to buy them. If you look at even F2P MMOs cash shop models you should be glad none of that nonsense has made it into NA, instead we have a DLC ship being released occasionally. 

A  patch has just been deployed that does contain changes the community asked for. It's not perfect, but it does show the community is heard, even if not everyone gets exactly what they wanted. 

This game is/was/always will be of niche interest; if a few new DLC ships is what keeps the game going; It's not a bad compromise. Players of NA hurt the game potential population with their negative steam reviews more than lack of adverts probably did. I think the community needs to stop being so negative all the time. 

you're required to play more if you don't buy DLC ships however. I don't want to start debating over the entire DLC policy again but I still stand by my initial stance that they are flawed by design.

2 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I noticed, compared with introducing pictures months ago, the bowfigure got censored as to wear a tunic. Did Steam ask for this or was the consideration Naval Action would earn a R-Rating if decorations would include bare boobs?

Full glory award to that modeling, regardless.

Check out the video above. Stern and bow - you may want to pause the vid for a closer look.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I noticed, compared with introducing pictures months ago, the bowfigure got censored as to wear a tunic. Did Steam ask for this or was the consideration Naval Action would earn a R-Rating if decorations would include bare boobs?

Full glory award to that modeling, regardless.

Isn't it a matter of mirror ?  « Miroir mon beau miroir, dis-moi qui est la plus belle ? »

ss_55aae17fbb2262e3d32399064557415d54313

wAQAdlI.jpg

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

Главный вопрос возникает по розе ветров Леопарда.

Вот забустили Консту на 12.2 узла и она стала превышать по этому максимуму скорости ВСЕ 4-е рейты.

Но все 4-е рейты имеют свои особенности. У Ратвизана 4 кормовых орудия - он кайтит будь здоров! Ваппен, Индефатигейбл и Ингерманланд имеют хорошие шансы уйти от Консты по ветру, где они быстрее. И элитный испанский рефит прибавляет им к максимуму скорости полтора узла - вдвое больше чем у Консты (0.7 узла). Наименее быстрый из этой троицы - Ваппен - тоже имеет 4 кормовых орудия.

А вот роза ветров Леопарда полностью доминируется розой ветров Консты. И это несмотря на то, что Леопард делит второе место с Ингерманландом по скорости в 4 рейте. У Леопарда всего 2 низко расположенных кормовых орудия, у Консты 4 носовых. Скорее всего Леопарду придется разворачиваться в попытке перекайтить Консту.

И у Консты hp парусов почти в полтора раза больше! Орудия 2 деки (лонги,меды) у нее калибром пониже, но крупнокалиберных 24ф орудий у Консты 15, а у Леопарда только 11.

Поэтому при прочих равных (зафит на скорость, перезарядку и т.п.) Леопард, вынужденный принять с Констой неравный бой, сам потеряет значительное кол-во  hp парусов и скорее всего будет добит.

Предложение: прибавить Леопарду ход в бейдевинд хотя бы на равных с Констой.

Edited by Rolando