Captains

Please provide feedback on the testbed patch on the following issues

Main priority

• Battle UI
    • Boarding UI
    • Loot pick up
    • Map and bot control
  • Localization bugs and issues with formatting and languages
    • Keep in mind that localization was done by the outside firm and they could be less familiar with nautical terms. We plan to add great custom localizations to the selection

Other - secondary priorities

• PVP
    • PVP Hunts
    • Solo patrol
      • PvP reward missions on testbed are fake so we dont spoil the surprises in the main patch
  • Delivery missions
    • Rewards are temporary and are getting worked on
  • Trading
    • Trading will get another update in next 1-2 days and is not final (Stocks and prices in particular)
  • Like 13

Might want to seed more cannons in the shop.  Mort is all ready pretty much out of every thing. I'm setting up forge and going to make but I snagged up enough to get some of the low tier ships set up with cannons.

It's always funny ya'll forget about cannons ever time lol

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, admin said:

Localization bugs and issues with formatting and languages

• Keep in mind that localization was done by the outside firm and they could be less familiar with nautical terms. We plan to add great custom localizations to the selection

Это заметно. Возможно было бы лучше делать перевод с помощью общества, потом указав их в титрах и выдав подарки активным участникам

• I would change the pic for bow and stern guns to something that shows the bow+ guns  ?do=download
  • same with gunnery pic. Currently it looks like a dot. A pic of a gun crew would be better
  • same with survival. A pic of fire + water woul be better otherwise misleading?
  • [V] Firing: From bow to stern = thats so much to read during a battle  "Rolling front" - "Rolling back" was better
  • The symbols for "hull" "sail" "crew" etc dmg in the upper center are so small on 1920*1080

Concept is really really nice

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

В русской локализации много англицизмов, то что мы сделали переведено побольше и подчищено от этих самых англицизмов моему поколению не всегда понятных. Кое где из за длинных слов строки расползаются, в нашем варианте мы это учли, но это не совсем то что надо.

2019-01-24_00-49-04.jpg

Edited by Jim-Beam

20190123204356_1.thumb.jpg.94b9bdcfa2656a9ef6d2add134252d51.jpg

• Attack doesnt seem to win boarding when enemy is at 0 moral = bug???
  • Its still possible to predict what the enemy has chosen by prep usage and firepower/meele value change in the upper left = That makes it actual the same old boarding just 1000 harder for players who cant read and interpret the numbers.
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Jim-Beam said:

В русской локализации много англицизмов, то что мы сделали переведено побольше и подчищено от этих самых англицизмов моему поколению не всегда понятных. Кое где из за длинных слов строки расползаются, в нашем варианте мы это учли.

Там местами вообще машинный перевод проглядывает...

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

you won the boarding, whats the problem?

In the first round 1 reduced him to 0 moral. but the fight went on even i used attack which normally should end the boarding

• 20190123204220_1.thumb.jpg.451892c56dbef68b55e0bb058c4cb88b.jpg20190123204356_1.thumb.jpg.eee87139a3deb8cac79a2e92003194fa.jpg
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

My first complaint is with new board mechanics, if AI pulls you and you don't have board mods but you have equal crew your pretty much hello kittyed cause he will killed you down with just about every action unless you luck out with RNG on what you pick.   AI should prob not pull unless they have more crew than you to make it fair for players.  Specially new and casuals that won't have board mods and or determined defender perk.  I had 25 more crew than AI and other than one turn I lucked out he took a good chunk of my crew/moral every action.  Forgot to screen shout but will do it again with another ship if I get pulled like that.  Looks like going to be putting DD on my char now.

• Like 4

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

My first complaint is with new board mechanics, if AI pulls you and you don't have board mods but you have equal crew your pretty much hello kittyed cause he will killed you down with just about every action unless you luck out with RNG on what you pick.  

you can see what ai picked by prep used or by the number change of firepower/meele. But you have to let ai pick first

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

In the first round 1 reduced him to 0 moral. but the fight went on even i used attack which normally should end the boarding

I thought you can never finish a boarding against defend. I thought you had to get the attack against anything other than defend to win.