Game-Labs Forum

1 hour ago, admin said:

Time to change the mindset. 

There is no tomorrow. It's your evening and its your time and its your game. Game!  You come to pvp server to pvp and if you (on average) pvp once in 8 hours in game - this is not a game. So lets move on from that "it has been underway for hours - thus you will pvp once a week" - its not working out. 

cough outlaw battles   cough

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

The point is if every captain had  the luxury to choose then we wouldn't have a game, would we?

You said a no-sense statement.

Because it's impossible for all to have such a luxury because if everyone can pick fights, means that nobody can.

Not speaking that if everyone has a luxury, it's not a luxury. Plenty people lacking basics in logic in these times.

To be able to OFTEN (NOT ALWAYS) pick your fights you are giving up other strenghts.

Do you think real pirates used mainly schooners (and even smaller boats) due to aestetics?

Edited by Licinio Chiavari

37 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I fear for the small ship captain that wants to challenge himself with a bigger target.

It just won't happen anymore., in my opinion.

don't worry, you heth and z4ys can still all 3 attack 1 lone traders brig in the bahamas with your princes.....just gotta be quick about it.  

If you 3 decide to go after a bellona, well good news....the battle stays open for the less BR side and you can fit a 4th prince in.  

Win win?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

don't worry, you heth and z4ys can still all 3 attack 1 lone traders brig in the bahamas with your princes.....just gotta be quick about it.  

If you 3 decide to go after a bellona, well good news....the battle stays open for the less BR side and you can fit a 4th prince in.  

Win win?

Good. Because I hate paying for my ship crafting stuff.  

P.S.—. Can you guys send more teak north around 5pm EST please?   

Oh, I forgot you guys stay up North seal clubbing US players still.  

Nevermind.  

2 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Good. Because I hate paying for my ship crafting stuff.  

P.S.—. Can you guys send more teak north around 5pm EST please?   

Oh, I forgot you guys stay up North seal clubbing US players still.  

Nevermind.  

Seal clubbing US up north vs seal clubbing them in the Bahamas.  Potatoe  Potato

I don't know that I'm keen on the open battle.  I try to play the game to be "a smart frigate Captain" going for battles that feel the part.  Sometimes the BR is in my favor, sometimes it's not.  A large part of the game for me is examining maps, trade routes, and scouting locations to see where I might catch people unaware - much as a smart frigate Captain might do.  I worry these changes will write out my style of play.

I'm just one person.  Maybe the changes are better for the numbers of players.  I don't know that it's good for the soul of the game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AeRoTR said:

Let's try it, admin has strong points, let's bring the server Democracy, sorry pvp :) make NA great again.

It is still a beta, so let's try the options...

It will be a bloodbath.

A bunch of LO/WO + kiritimati ships with a couple fast scout/tagger ahead or even bigger fast hunting parties.

More massacre of traders (due to higher riskes for lone raiders), more massacre of casuals (being unable to bring at least numbers superiority).

More massacre of small teams/clans/solo players by bigger/more organized groups.

This is my bet. We'll see if I am wrong.

• Like 1

This is how this will be exploited:

1.  You will have the initial wave of players lurking out "AFK" nearish to ports.  Once they are tagged, they will call for a targeted response to beam in the best counter-vessel appropriate.  In this way, the "bold" will always be at the worst disadvantage they can be, favoring the defense.

2.  After that, people will try to be more creative with how they lure people onto their bait.  Individuals will simply have a second character logged out - literally not even in the game, waiting for their bait vessel to be tagged.  At which point, they will log in, join the fight, and try to smash the other person.  Once again, the people bold enough to play with integrity and actually sail waters looking for fights will be disadvantaged.

3.  Eventually, whole clans will remain logged out around bait vessels in populated areas.  They will "beam in" as has happened recently in the patrol zones in order to bring overwhelming odds.  With a little experience, the person silly enough to attack anything will be led right into the joining area for the zombie players.

All this mechanic does is discourage playing with integrity, and will have the exact opposite effect upon PvP:  Less people will be willing to go out to fight, because nobody will want to be the initiator, lest they be walking into a light speed trap.

I will test these changes on the test bed, and I will even try to have an open mind about it.  However, I have no reason to believe my fears are unfounded.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

It will be a bloodbath.

A bunch of LO/WO + kiritimati ships with a couple fast scout/tagger ahead or even bigger fast hunting parties.

More massacre of traders (due to higher riskes for lone raiders), more massacre of casuals (being unable to bring at least numbers superiority).

More massacre of small teams/clans/solo players by bigger/more organized groups.

This is my bet. We'll see if I am wrong.

Didn't you quote Sun Tsu further up?

I might actually come back into the game to try these changes out. My last battle was vs 2 us players in 5th rates that attacked my afk santi. When they started getting beat up they ran away, wasting my time and some repairs. At least now if they make the attackers not be able to leave and with a circle of death if possible it would make all battles intense and with a winner at the end. Nothing worse than a tie...

9 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Didn't you quote Sun Tsu further up?

Yes. Fighting for the upper hand.

May be you missed these supposed changes are proposed to offer "more and better" PvP.

I explained why I think they will add the contrary.

And looks like I am not the only thinking that.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

I might actually come back into the game to try these changes out. My last battle was vs 2 us players in 5th rates that attacked my afk santi. When they started getting beat up they ran away, wasting my time and some repairs. At least now if they make the attackers not be able to leave and with a circle of death if possible it would make all battles intense and with a winner at the end. Nothing worse than a tie...

False.

A frigate will be able to kite a 1st rate in CoD.

Why an undecisive fight is bad... It's beyond my comprehension.

If we can avoid the PZ style and the absurd notion that these battles need to be fought to the death at all costs I'd be more on board.  I'm just seeing some of the same extremism again like we had with Patch 27.  Proceed with caution and seriously listen to the feedback from the playerbase.  

Edit:

The major reason I don't want to see the circle of death is it is very ugly in battle, ruins immersion and just seems limiting overall.  I hate limits.   I hate being told you can't do something, or that things aren't allowed.  The less limits the better.  Free choice and independent decision making is better than forcing outcomes for people.  Not to mention the clock timer detracts majorly from the age of sail experience the second you roll out of the circle.  I think OW the unlimited battle instance we currently have is the way to go.  For real the PZ idea is a bad idea.

Edited by Hemp Amore
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Spitfire83 said:

@HachiRoku   what you saying to this..

To be honest I don't really care about ROE. Ship performance and combat are just broken in my opinion not to mention the other issues. I don't know if I will be playing NA again since I am unhappy with the DLC.  

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 1

Everything else seemed to fail or didn’t stop the population drop so let them implement their changes, extreme or not just to see what happens. Not much too lose anymore. Make the attacker or the initiator of the battle instance the only one to have a circle of death and not be able to leave so the defenders can keep doing business as usual and the attackers have to mean it and not just troll

13 hours ago, admin said:

This will also solve the problem described in the post (with the move to weight systems because with proper broadside weight - prince will die in 1 min). 

I don't care because I always wanted big ships to be able to "one broadside sink" the smaller ships, it is realistic. Small ships have speed advantage, they should use it and hello kittying run away from big ships.

Please embrace your new ideology asap! 😍   

12 minutes ago, Wyy said:

@admin the signaling  roe you are proposing would just strengthen the gank fleets of hercules, you should instead let the target side stay open or not 

Ppl keep writing of Hercules as the only ship used in the game. I only see them in big numbers in two patrolezones, and even there I see lots of other ships to. Yes some ppl sail only on them and do PvP with them. But from what I see when sailing in OW ppl sail a lot of other ships.

Not directed at you Wyy.

On the topic by admin. I doubt we can make a mechanic that gives more PvP. It is in the mindset of the players. Most players just don’t want to risk a ship they spend hours to get ressources for. Dlc ship is easy acces. Thats why ppl don’t mind losing them. 

We want more expensive ships, that has a cost. PvP get better when it matters to lose a ship. This is a war game, thats why ships has to be expensive. But the cost is less ppl are willing to risk lose there ship. Thats just a price we have to live with to have a war game thats matter.

• Like 2