Game-Labs Forum

Patch 28 - Battle Ensigns - Flags Feedback.

14 minutes ago, rediii said:

I agree. Someone of us bought the DLC and was disappointed because he only got a few flags that are shown in the image.

You have them all - to be able to use other nation flags  you have to change nation.
In terms of the image the store page says  - flags of your nation
Naval Action Flags collection is a permanent unlock that allows you to use unique historical flags of your nation in battles. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Trash Bullshit Autisme said:

Which nation have the Ireland flag, because its not GB?

Hmmmm @admin maybe our dear historical allies, the irish, coud hoist their flag on our nation... It would add more people to spanish nation due to there were in history A LOT of irish men who fought for Spain and not for England.

Consider it, mate.

Pd: Stephen Maturin was son of an Irish officer and a catalonian lady ;)

Edited by SirAlatriste

8 minutes ago, admin said:

that's definitely a bug . i thought you want to use german flags as britain. 
HOLD ON ))))

Though it would be nice to get an updated post of what each nation gets.  I do think some nations get short changed compared to others.   Though that might be more just of shortage of flag options for this time period.  There was a few US Flags I would of added but the would of been past the cut off time.

Are you really sure this flag was used by the British in the XVIIth century ?

VlxPpQy.jpg

= a flag that was mainly all-white like the French military one.

Knowing that French traders illegally used that white ensign, just adding a little something,

like, for example, this very flag that was registered in 1756 at the Minister of the Navy's request as being the ensign of the traders of the city of Calais (France) :

nj77rF7.jpg

18 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Are you really sure this flag was used by the British in the XVIIth century ?

VlxPpQy.jpg

= a flag that was mainly all-white like the French military one.

Knowing that French traders illegally used that white ensign, just adding a little something,

like, for example, this very flag that was registered in 1756 at the Minister of the Navy's request as being the ensign of the traders of the city of Calais (France) :

nj77rF7.jpg

Google led me here:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:English_White_Ensign_1620.svg

White Ensign, as used by the Royal Navy, and merchant vessels of Kingdom of England from 1620-1707. 

Now I'm not one to trust Wikipedia blindly, but this is what I had time to find for now.

3 hours ago, SirAlatriste said:

Hmmmm @admin maybe our dear historical allies, the irish, coud hoist their flag on our nation... It would add more people to spanish nation due to there were in history A LOT of irish men who fought for Spain and not for England.

Consider it, mate.

Pd: Stephen Maturin was son of an Irish officer and a catalonian lady ;)

I remember asking for the flag and they added the one I asked for to my suprise lol. I never expected it and its the reason I bought the DLC. I guess it is a flag you could give all nations since we are a nation of mercenaries and privateers. The thing is the irish flag has the English flag in the left upper hand corner. I guess the devs wanted to make sure that you are still flying the english flag ingame. As a republican Irishman I have to admit i prefer the historical accuracy of having the flag of England on it. 

What about the Flag DLC enabling us to choose also what false flags we carry. 

I join pirate side in a battle, then I get one of the unique DLC flags of pirates instead of the standard pirate flag. 

It could even be random, so you could spawn in with any of the Pirate flags, including the standard flag. 

I feel it's anticlimactic every time I join a fight with another nation and my shiny nice flag that I paid hard earned cash for is disappeared.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

What about the Flag DLC enabling us to choose also what false flags we carry. 

I join pirate side in a battle, then I get one of the unique DLC flags of pirates instead of the standard pirate flag. 

It could even be random, so you could spawn in with any of the Pirate flags, including the standard flag. 

I feel it's anticlimactic every time I join a fight with another nation and my shiny nice flag that I paid hard earned cash for is disappeared.

I love this idea.  :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

Please report issues with new battle ensigns and flags. Visual bugs, quality issues, technical issues and bugs, flag disappearing etc - everything goes here. 

14 hours ago, Havelock said:

Not quite related to in-game issues, but...

It would be very helpful if the store page told me which flags are available for which nations. I dont see me (or anyone) investing money if he doesnt really know what he gets.

Um, are flags a DLC? I certainly hope not. We've been expecting flags/ensigns/banners for over a year. Also, can people please post images of all the nation flags available? Would be nice to see them all.

Edited by van der Decken

3 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Um, are flags a DLC? I certainly hope not. We've been expecting flags/ensigns/banners for over a year. Also, can people please post images of all the nation flags available? Would be nice to see them all.

There was mention that they had so many extra they could put some in loot tables.

i just hope we keep them in the proper times.  It’s already bad enough we have nations that should even be in game other wise. I’m going to want a certain US Navy jack if we are going out of time for ships allowed.

• Like 1