Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

Just now, Ruby Rose said:

we just need the old currency back it was a working system why get rid of something that was working. 

its just a name change 

not a big deal, you need some adjustment thats all

Just now, Intrepido said:

Reals are not a problem.

Doubloons are. Doubloons require quite time to earn so they will reach absurd levels.

Thats what we thought about pvp marks and they use to sell for 300k. By the end they sold for 75k.

Dubloons are far more numerous.

Just now, Intrepido said:

Reals are not a problem.

Doubloons are. Doubloons require quite time to earn so they will reach absurd levels.

but that can be adjusted as well 

i saw a stream were a Bellona get sunk and he got over 8000 doubloons (if i am correct , the man clapped his hands)

1 minute ago, Thonys said:

its just a name change 

not a big deal, you need some adjustment thats all

its not just a name change its a value change its unbalanced and makes all those pvp rewards the equivalent of pve, eg before finding a navy hull or navy structure off of a kill was worth alot more then it will be now  since u can get the "marks" for them from pve combat and tasks

9 minutes ago, Ruby Rose said:

we just need the old currency back it was a working system why get rid of something that was working. 

its not balanced and it needs to settle before we can decide if its a good or bad thing

10 hours ago, vazco said:

In my understanding PvP player won't be able to do only PvP, he will be forced to do PvE. That's something we already tried before, with bad results.

From what I understand none of those PvP activities are profitable if you get 2000 doublons from killing an AI trader brig:

• fighting noobs in capital waters most likely won't bring you anything, as you'll get ganked in the end
  • in RvR if you loot, you die. Your doublons will sink with enemy ship. Even if not, you'll get 500 doublons for 1st rate PB on average, much less than sinking a single trader
  • OW hunting usually ends with ganks. If doublons get sank with your ship, it will stop being profitable

The only sustainable PvP will be ganking, however still less profitable than killing AI traders from what I hear.

From the perspective of a PvPer who find in it a very quick and pretty easy way to "wellbeing" (as it was for me in last few months), I have the impression that this "play style" is hurted hard (or even dead).

On the other hand the previous situation was:
I only hunt around. I ended (statistically) killing PvEers. I got plenty of the strongest currency (PvP marks). I buy mods and luxury stuff from the PvEers paying them with PvP marks. I nicely equip my ships. Back to first step (with some extra profit/reserve).

In the end I (and a lot of other PvPers) was killing my victims with equipment bought from them with their blood.
Surely very nice. For me.

To be honest in a good share of MMOs, PvPers HAVE to farm PvE too to upkeep themselves. The more or the less, still they have to.

Look at EVE: plenty PvP, ganking and even griefing. Big massive battles too... and? what do you get killing someone?
Part of his gear on board (in our case - the random mod), what he had in his hold (like us). End (no possible capture either).

I'm personally happy? I think no.
Is it better for the game? Probably yes.

Werent there a bunch of players asking for "meaningful PvP"? "stop noob/capitol camping"? "usefulness of capture in place of mindlessly sink"? "1st rates should be PRECIOUS"?
More or less what, potentially and apparently we got.

We only need, I suppose, to wait the costs/prices to stabilize and be re-balanced around the board; surely it could require sometime (and we know how NA players are routine lovers - routine now broken) but on the long run it could be good for the game.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

From the perspective of a PvPer who find in it a very quick and pretty easy way to "wellbeing" (as it was for me in last few months), I have the impression that this "play style" is hurted hard (or even dead).

On the other hand the previous situation was:
I only hunt around. I ended (statistically) killing PvEers. I got plenty of the strongest currency (PvP marks). I buy mods and luxury stuff from the PvEers paying them with PvP marks. I nicely equip my ships. Back to first step (with some extra profit/reserve).

In the end I (and a lot of other PvPers) was killing my victims with equipment bought from them with their blood.
Surely very nice. For me.

To be honest in a good share of MMOs, PvPers HAVE to farm PvE too to upkeep themselves. The more or the less, still they have to.

Look at EVE: plenty PvP, ganking and even griefing. Big massive battles too... and? what do you get killing someone?
Part of his gear on board (in our case - the random mod), what he had in his hold (like us). End (no possible capture either).

I'm personally happy? I think no.
Is it better for the game? Probably yes.

Werent there a bunch of players asking for "meaningful PvP"? "stop noob/capitol camping"? "usefulness of capture in place of mindlessly sink"? "1st rates should be PRECIOUS"?
More or less what, potentially and apparently we got.

We only need, I suppose, to wait the costs/prices to stabilize and be re-balanced around the board; surely it could require sometime (and we know how NA players are routine lovers - routine now broken) but on the long run it could be good for the game.

i agree this new patch changed everything PvP will still happen just ganking at capitals may stop and becouse of insurance more players will be willingly PvP. On the other hand atm its bad time too buy ships

Edited by Lovec1990

We have enough feedback on doubloon rewards. 

please focus on other issues with the economy, on trading and crafting. 
including technical issues…. 

34 minutes ago, RKY said:

@admin tested again the button "max" when collecting ressources:

image.png.d693e82087d31223b54fafaaefa861cd.png

what is the point of quantity produced if you set it manually? it is the same information.

a second later, i reopen window i can collect more. i could do it nearly 5 time when i had more labour hours.

image.png.3d7a918b0f4a40273bd3af1448d695f2.png

And again on a side note, we currently dont have enough lh to collect ressources. it is too costly to collect.

Such are the posts we want to see…. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So I ask you who is winning all these fights?  Why is a crafter or trader forced to PvP or grind AI if all he wants to do is enjoy sailing and making his trade run or crafting for folks.  Forceing folks to PvP will not bring you more numbers, it will do the oppisite and that is what this mechanic is doing.  I'm trying to be positive and have told a lot of guys to give it a chance, but the track record hasn't been very good about how you treat the casuals over the hardcore guys that won't have a probelm getting doubloons or ships.

Which is exactly the point.  We do what we like and when we quit liking it we stop doing it.

If the economy functions correctly ships (for casuals) will take care of themselves.  That's who my market was before the DLC releases put a spike in it.  Sold everything I built.

The doubloons are the open question.  Particularly for single-account merchants / crafters.  The use of doubloons for the teleport fee makes them the lubricant for the economy.  I expect I'll know in about two weeks if I am able to buy them at a reasonable contract prices without having to spend them teleporting all over the map looking for them.

• Like 1

I start understanding the logic behind the patch.

I'm not sure I really like the whole thing, but - even looking at things "within" such logic - I would make teleport from town to town either free or paid in silver currency (and not in doubloons). 

Edited by victor

4 hours ago, admin said:

No- you are incorrect
Cost of ships that were on auctions was determined by the players before the patch. Npc ships will update soon, player contracts will have to expire. Also dont forget that NPC ships are free to capture in the open seas (no insurance though)

Sorry, it's you to be incorrect: when I wrote ", but the cost of the ships (both from Admiralty and Players) was converted 1=1 as far far as I see " I just saw in various ports Frigates at 110K and Renomee at around 80k. They were sold by Admiralty.

I reported witnessed facts, and I was 100% correct in my statement, when I made it.  To me it looked like a major glitch /bug/ mistake yesterday and I reported it. So if you are going to "update soon" meaning "convert" properly at the same 25=1 rate ships prices good, but to me it made more sense not to piss off us players/customers and automatically convert everything 25=1 (also our contracts, as I don't see a reason not to) since the patch wall rolled out. 

PS: in this very moment I am writing "Trade tool" prices are also not actual. Do you need a snapshot of the tool to avoid telling me that you will fix also this soon and meanwhile I am "incorrect" in reporting also this because I cannot forecast your intentions? 

Topic is "New Economy FEEDBACK" or "We are going to fix everything, meanwhile take it as it comes but don't bother us with negative feedbacks because we know what we are doing ?

A moderately polite customer care operator would have replied "thank you for your report. We apologize for the incovenivence, but our developers team is already aware of the issue you reported and is working to solve it ASAP. 

Kind regards

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Calling people ridiculous is insulting. Your 7 months to get this update out after telling us 3-4,weeks is completely unprofessional.

You have ruined this fine game and you have the nerve to call us ridiculous.

Some players state that the the current design is ridiculous and such criticism is welcome. You just called an unprofessional indie team unprofessional, questionable but could be allowed if meant in a friendly spirited way. Developers called a statement "10 doubloons for tp is too much" ridiculous (referring to the statement - not the author), and you immediately inferred that it was about you?

False statements, misquotes and double standards are not welcome on this forum. Cut such statements down. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

We went looking for ships last night. I couldn’t find any of your traders dropping Doubloons. We did sink 6 Bellonas in two different battles and got the same crappy loot that we have been getting for weeks.

The very first TBrig I took had 1221 Doubloons on it (how random is that?).  So I went TP'ing around my ports looking for missions and picked up a couple.  You are wrong when you say that they have fundamentally changed the game, because we still go out and kill AI or Players for some form of reward.  There are definitely MAJOR changes and I think we will find that we have plenty of Doubloons when the dust settles.

As far as fundamental changes are concerned....I am going to have to modify my standard method of hunting because of these changes.  That means an exciting new game for me to play, within the still existing NA framework.  Does that make me too "The glass is half full"?

• Like 4