Game-Labs Forum

DLC in the future?

Will there be any ships added to the DLC (Downloadable Content)?

I am pro DLC in general but really hate the 2 ships we have now. 

Might we get a 4th or 5th rate ship that currently exists (without being rediculously over powered)? 

I would (and others would) pay for such ships.

LGV would sell sell sell.... I personally would like to see either the belle poule, trinc ,LGV refit or endy.....

What is your position? 

Post Yes/No and name of ship that you would like to see in the DLC

I don't get what you mean here :

7 hours ago, Sea Fox said:

LGV would sell sell sell.... I personally would like to see either the belle poule, trinc ,LGV refit or endy.....

as these are ships that are actually in game... I guess you mean "Ships similar to the in-game LGV, La Belle Poule... would sell"

In that case : yes

Light combat ships, such as :

beautiful ones for connoisseurs. 😉

Edited by LeBoiteux

39 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Yes

Light combat ships, such as :

beautiful ones for connoisseurs. 😉

Hide contents

I don't get what you mean here :

as these are ships that are actually in game... I guess you mean "Ships like LGV, La Belle Poule... would sell"

Yes top of my post,,, ships that are currently in the game or obtainable in the game

I want to see a longer cool-down for the DLC ships. Make it redeemable once a week, or something like that. They shouldn't be treated as bigger basic cutters, but thats what it feels like with the 24 hr cool-down. 

Other than that, I personally don't want a currently accessible ship to become a DLC, although a refit version of an existing one could work nicely. Pirate Indiaman?

1 hour ago, EliteDelta said:

I want to see a longer cool-down for the DLC ships. Make it redeemable once a week, or something like that. They shouldn't be treated as bigger basic cutters, but thats what it feels like with the 24 hr cool-down. 

IMHO, 24hr cool-down for ships DLC is great as it allows casual gamers who aren't in a clan and don't have time for crafting to fight at least once a day in a nice/non-basic ship, without changing much of the other gamers' life (especially, the crafters). It makes NA a bit more accessible. More DLC are needed. 

To this end, the idea of making nice in-game ships DLCs could be logically understood. 

But selling free things sounds weird, even though in-game ships are not totally free, they are time-consuming.

What about cheap DLCs being in-game ships with a special cosmetic feature ?

And more unique DLC ships, of course...

well the DLC ships should have a +1 dock slot. (it is missing that feature)

at the moment there are only max 30 docks with the Admiralty

and in the normal situation 20

what means if you have a DLC ship it  is 19 for the normal ships

if there are more DLC ships added to the game lets say 8 or more 

it will have a conflict with the normal ship possession.

that's why i give the DLC a +1 for dock slots...

it is even common in any other game (like Wow ships)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, i would like to see DLC for port slots

say 10 ports extra ??

(atm is being restricted to only 1 area and I am a prisoner on the water to keep control of that)

it's always good to have a choice to make what kind of player you want to be

more DLC  is good 

it gives the option to become what you want to be.

especially if the game is hugely restricted (because it is highly restricted to almost everything)

a great advantage would also be to grind free xp (10% separate, of the max, grinded xp for that battle) when using a dlc ship for unlocking slots for other ships...

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, LeBoiteux said:

IMHO, 24hr cool-down for ships DLC is great as it allows casual gamers who aren't in a clan and don't have time for crafting to fight at least once a day in a nice/non-basic ship, without changing much of the other gamers' life (especially, the crafters). It makes NA a bit more accessible.

That would be okay if the DLC ships were mediocre in performance. But super-strong ships in their class like Requin and Hercules, that is really troublesome. The stronger the ship, the less frequent it should be re-redeemable.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

That would be okay if the DLC ships were mediocre in performance. But super-strong ships in their class like Requin and Hercules, that is really troublesome. The stronger the ship, the less frequent it should be re-redeemable.

the le  requin, and the Hercules is not that strong .....you make an assumption

THE SNOW IS the ship to use that ship is overpowered if used correctly. (in that class range vs higher classes)

the only reason to have those ships is the use of those ships .

i believe those ships are supposed to be very good ships in handleability for noobies and give them a feeling they have something in the game,

of course, those ships should have their flaw to ..

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

I would welcome (and buy) a DLC which would allow you to focus on being an expert shipwright. Subsequently, with benefits for shipcrafting.

- increased chance for purple and golden class ships, depending on your crafting level.

- opportunity to integrate another upgrade slot into existing ships (dockyard refit).

- one or two special upgrades available only to DLC holders (for PvP marks) concerning an upgrade which adds unique features to ships; hull, sails and masts in particular. Not upgrades which have to do with crew obviously (like reloading or penetration).

- one sort of building material and in limited quantity is available to you, once a week, thanks to your reputation, from the royal arsenals. Like, for example, ten cartagena tar - free delivery.

- one rare wood sort only available to the expert shipwright, in limited quantities.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thonys said:

the le  requin, and the Hercules is not that strong .....you make an assumption

THE SNOW IS the ship to use that ship is overpowered if used correctly.

I like the Snow.

But I hear only complaints about Requin and, to a lesser extent, about Hercules. People come to us on PvE stating their reason to leave PvP server are the DLC ships. Mind that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I would welcome (and buy) a DLC which would allow you to focus on being an expert shipwright. Subsequently, with benefits for shipcrafting.

- increased chance for purple and golden class ships, depending on your crafting level.

- opportunity to integrate another upgrade slot into existing ships (dockyard refit).

- one or two special upgrades available only to DLC holders (for PvP marks) concerning an upgrade which adds unique features to ships; hull, sails and masts in particular. Not upgrades which have to do with crew obviously (like reloading or penetration).

- one sort of building material and in limited quantity is available to you, once a week, thanks to your reputation, from the royal arsenals. Like, for example, ten cartagena tar - free delivery.

- one rare wood sort only available to the expert shipwright, in limited quantities.

i can agree that the possibilities for DLC is HUGE.

and i am not agains all of it

The more the better.

14 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I like the Snow.

But I hear only complaints about Requin and, to a lesser extent, about Hercules. People come to us on PvE stating their reason to leave PvP server are the DLC ships. Mind that.

if an ocean is sunk by a snow they also complain ...

if a snow sinks a ingermanland they also complain

if a le requin escapes from a battle they also complain

if a snow runs like a devil they also complain.

some ships just need adjustment 

but this is the testing phase.. 

and when the developers sail a Bellona and will be sunk by a single snow, i can assure you that will be changed...

believe me the snow is the pain.... and the option for players who do not have a DLC

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Please don't derail this thread in another 'X is OP' 'No, she isn't' 🙂

as indeed :

6 minutes ago, Thonys said:

some ships just need adjustment 

but this is the testing phase.. 

12 minutes ago, Thonys said:

i can agree that the possibilities for DLC is HUGE.

It could be an interesting to list all those possibilities according to players in a thread...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Please don't derail this thread in another 'X is OP' 'No, she isn't' 🙂

as indeed :

It could be an interesting to list all those possibilities according to players in a thread...

agreed on,  it not my intention to derail it ..

but the developers already said and stated that there will be no more DLC ships above 5 rate (if i am correct)

carry on

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

Yes:-  Chasseur - (14 gun Baltimore clipper) 

I'm all up for DLC - small dev crew who have done an amazing job so another mechanism to support the game I love is not a bad thing.

Key is not to make DLC OP. I'm unsure as to the 24hr redeem cycle for my Requin and Herc and recognize that sailing these two is an entirely different kettle of fish to a normal dura 1 ship.

DLC should add flavour, be mostly cosmetic only and not p2w

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeBoiteux said:

I did not know. 🙂

It partly answers OP question : no DLC 4th rate ship.

that's the reason, i went deeper into the existing DLC ships... (sorry i did not mention it earlier)

I dont want anymore dlc ships that are top of their class..i do want more ships in general. I think dlc ships should be unique ships that are not merely the best combat ship around.

I dont have ideas for unique ships though.