Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

Update 9th July 2018

• Fixed the fonts in ship auction, store interface and contract interface that hid zeroes from the price (they were present in confirmation screens but people still made mistakes)
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, admin said:

Update 9th July 2018

• Fixed the fonts in ship auction, store interface and contract interface that hid zeroes from the price (they were present in confirmation screens but people still made mistakes)

And here I was getting excit d this could be patch day, but just a hot fix.  Maybe tomorrow?

3 hours ago, admin said:

Update 9th July 2018

Glasses are now mandatory when I trade. Could we get dots(.) for each 3. zero, to help with readability?

Like this: " 1.000.000 ". 

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Glasses are now mandatory when I trade. Could we get dots(.) for each 3. zero, to help with readability?

:D

Was never boring with you Tiedemann, and it it will never be :)

7 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Sounds like you need old man glasses.  Luckly for me mine are hidden inside my normal pair...stupid turning 40 and having to have reading glasses lol

5 hours ago, admin said:

Update 9th July 2018

It would be great to add separation between zeroes, eg not:

but:

1 000 000 000

This would make it harder to scam people - eg. recently a friend bought treatsie on staysails trim for 40 mil, he though it's 4 mil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

hold on for new port UI

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And here I was getting excit d this could be patch day, but just a hot fix.  Maybe tomorrow?

The problem is that Economy patch already requires new item templates for crafting (new resources). So we will either have to accept the fact that old template will look extremely ugly with new blueprints OR economy patch will have to wait until the port patch (otherwise we will have to code templates twice (in old ui and in new ui). 

16 minutes ago, admin said:

The problem is that Economy patch already requires new item templates for crafting (new resources). So we will either have to accept the fact that old template will look extremely ugly with new blueprints OR economy patch will have to wait until the port patch (otherwise we will have to code templates twice (in old ui and in new ui). 

Take your time do it right. Thing is time is against you. Many will leave again this fall, but many could come back. I myself will be out for at least 6 months when BFV and Red Dead 2 hits the shelves. I will be back when NA is polished and cute:) and maybe just maybe I will buy some DLCs if game is developing with new content. 

Edited by Wind

4 hours ago, admin said:

Than take your time, but let us know, just this simple post is more imformative than we have heard in the past.  I know I bug ya'll a lot about your expected patches, but it's cause you don't give updates.  No one is asking for exact time it will come, but give us progresses reports so we know how it's going.  Make a post once a week at the start of the week stating how things are going and that it might take a bit more time cause your working out some things or to expect it sooner than we expected.  Even make suggestions on that post about what feed backs ya'll might want from the players.  I know ya'll brought up having the CSR but that post kinda got dropped and never went any where.  People are hungry for new things specially when we been waiting since April for the UI patches and expected to not get them in a month so being a month or two or three later is fine, just keep us informed is all.

I watch this link like a hawk and get excited every time I see something goes from Dirty (ya'll just working on it) to QA stage.  Just like I was hoping Monday end up being the next Econ patch, but I guess now I'll just go play some other game until the end of the month and hope to have both wraped up into one big patch.

https://steamdb.info/app/311310/depots/

PS:  GIVE US SOME PAINTS....I know ya'll are planing to maybe change the system, but why can't you just drop some random paints from the old system (I mean we have the lovely Eny and White Bellona Paints from NYE so we know they work) to tie us over for now?  With the lovely La Requin I would love to see some of the old paints on current ships in game to give it a bit more color than every ship pretty much having the same plain look to them.   PLEASE TOSS US A BONE TO SHUT US UP....lol

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Wind said:

Take your time do it right. Thing is time is against you. Many will leave again this fall, but many could come back. I myself will be out for at least 6 months when BFV and Red Dead 2 hits the shelves. I will be back when NA is polished and cute:) and maybe just maybe I will buy some DLCs if game is developing with new content. 

I actually do not think this delay will impact much on game population.

The newbie crowd (I mean the ones that purchased for the first time the game with steam summer sales) will eventually quit during summer due to difficult game mechanics, excessive timesinks, steep learning curve, lack of variety in contents  ... rather than due to delays of eco or port UI rework.

Only veterans (and of course the crowd of their alts) go and come back depending on the release of new patches.

As far as asking the devs time and information on the patch, it's an idle exercise. Experience shows that they cannot foresee development times, so it's better just wait and see what happens when it will actually happen.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Considering not much has been done to fix the tutorial and OW UI despite all of the great suggestions/feedback, I'm not even excited about the port UI. No matter how long it takes, it will be an unpolished product that will take another year to fix. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, admin said:

Double the work plus stomping out bugs in the old UI and the new UI. Sounds better to delay econ for release after or with new port UI.

Have we learned nothing after all this years?

This is my view on this: 'someone' waves something shiny in front of us, we get all excited and hopeful. Thing we get is maybe half of what was promised and implemented in a wrong way. Then comes tweks of diffrent types and after a long wait ... we chase some other shiny thing.

🤔

6 minutes ago, RaimundoJoe said:

Have we learned nothing after all this years?

This is my view on this: 'someone' waves something shiny in front of us, we get all excited and hopeful. Thing we get is maybe half of what was promised and implemented in a wrong way. Then comes tweks of diffrent types and after a long wait ... we chase some other shiny thing.

🤔

I honestly think the DLC and ships where just that distractions to hold us off from more delays.

• Like 1

I always think to myself what will I be able to do after the next patch drops that I cannot do now? It’s usually not that much different and my expectations drop back to an even keel again.

manage them expectations people.