Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

Im excited about the patch. Will there be things to adjust or correct? I'm sure - but for now, lets see what we have to work with as a testing community. I understand the concerns, but after playing this as a tester for thousands of hours and through many BIG updates/wipes, (and losing my mind on occasion too)...things will work out and the game will continue to be fun. Stay positive.

40 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Premium ship will respawn after cooldown as note for free but just ship 

How Yacht (first premium ship for buying the game before and during first EA days) access works.

You can redeem the yacht every 24h. But if you still have a yacht you cannot redeem an other one. 11111111.jpg.f2c8fb972d34ee5ea1f872bfb5af638f.jpg

222222222.jpg.aa57e48ae6b0d04e76f216334f5ab6f0.jpg

Edited by z4ys

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

You don't need to sink the ship that surrendered, just capture it or leave it be. Seems like you are super paranoid about PvP marks.

Just super paranoid regarding alts.

5 hours ago, admin said:

This is a UI patch

discord_emoji___thinking_by_crimsonwarri

11 hours ago, admin said:

• Rules of Engagement (ROE) changes
    • For reinforcement zones
      • Battle is always open for the nation of the reinforcement zone
      • Battle closes in 10 minutes for all other nations (not owners of the reinforcement zones)
    • For Capital waters
      • Nation of the capital water cannot be attacked as before
      • All other nations can be attacked (removing unnecessary protection for enemies). This means that other nations will not be protected by your capital waters. 
      • Battles of other nations in capital waters will be open to all
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Clans choose who is allowed to join the port battles, so what power does it give extra? If I don't want you in the PB, I will just remove you, simple...

Ye another bad change against casual players.

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Why? So far everyone is happy. Before that change we had 20 topics monthly on forums about alts and rogues jumping and sabotaging PBs and RvR. Now? No one complains, gg wp.

I'm not happy so far.

I have to be in a clan to see main content?

ONLY IN NA!

Edited by Shrez

6 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

PB's are not casual content. That's like complaining in E.V.E that you can't do Faction Warfare without joining a faction warfare corp.

I never played eve with reasons i don't care about eve online.

10 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

you can make it on your own

Haha bullshit why i can't join as a Nation Player?

As example if danish-norwegian nation is in trouble why i can't join and help my nation?

Edited by Shrez

12 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

You can, if other clans allow you to join. Imagine this:

1. Players make plans, prepare ships, repairs, everything few days in advance

2. Players grind hostility, that requires a lot of effort. They set a PB after 2-3 hours of grinding

3. Players prepare for PB, make PB spreadsheets, plan who takes what kind of ships, where to join, how to play

Then suddenly Shrez comes, jumps into a PB and ruins all of the efforts. Other players are mad at Shrez, but he screams in chat: "Haha bullshit, don't remove my content, I have 100% right to be in this PB, I'm a nation player, I bought this game, why you ruin my experience?" 

This is your answer :) 

I can't grind hostility alone coz gankers.

My advice to devs remove hostility mechanic and allow pb to join for all players but have to be in same nation.

Edited by Shrez

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Then find friends that will help you. This is a MMO (massive multiplayer online) PvP (player vs player) game.

200 Players online its massive!

To bad all my friends refuse to play NA again.

Edited by Shrez

1 minute ago, Aster said:

Wants to participate in port battles.

But does not want to go through the effort of making themselves and would rather leach off others to do it for them 🤔

It can't be a leech in  a pb i have the same risk to loose my ship.

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

If people want to use the herc and xebec to ravage on the open water I’m cool with it. But pay 2 win ships in PBs is bullshit IMO.  It took months to get the wasa balanced correctly.  I’m not confident in them getting the other shallow ships balanced to compete with the herc.  In the meantime everyone will be using hercs and shallow PBS will be imbalanced as fuck.  We used to have 25 wasa battles, now it’ll be 25 hercs.  I hope the rest of you fully appreciate how slippery of a slope this is.

No premium p2w ships in port battles please.  

Until these ships are balanced than Herc like the Le Requin honestly should not be allowed in PB's.   

Watched some one the other night get sunk in the Shallow PvP zone ina Herc we out number and swarmed to only see him jump into our next battle with a new Herc.  So some folks have multi copies of these ships when it should been a one time redeemable not a note that you could not trade.  Ever fight I seen them in even out number they tend to sink every one.  We have killed over half a dozen, but only by swarming them and focus fire on them with either a bunch of ships or Hercs of our own.    The Le Requin on the other hand we haven't sunk one cause if it gets hurt it just runs away up wind and no one can catch it.

What they should do is make both 5th rate shallows ships that can be in shallow but not PB's.  Until the other ships are balanced that is.  When they are allowed in PB's they need way higher BR than 80 right now.  Maybe something up there with the Cerberus.

Im okay with everything (even with premium ships) without this:

12 hours ago, admin said:

• Admiralty connection added as DLC
    • Will permanently increase dock space, warehouse slots and economy buildings. 

I understand that developers need money and game must earn for itself, but why this is not introduced as account progress? I mean, somebody who is fighting a lot doesnt have to pay for ship knowledge slots, so why somebody who is crafting focused must pay for his slots? And ok, i know that even now something like this DLC works through alt accounts, still I dont like this "pay to craft more". As i know many players claimed that they would love to pay for for example paitings, which doesnt impact into gameplay, but are only catching eye thing, so why not introduce this? 

Thats all from my complains, lets check the rest changes. o7

• Like 3

Have to ask @admin

With the forged papers now also adding a name change with this patch. Does that mean you can change your name and stay in the same nation or must you also change your nation when changing your name?

Another way to ask, is nation switch and name change together, or separate?

15 hours ago, admin said:

Battle sails now give bonuses to

• Ship turning
  • Yard turning
  • Sail resistance

Can you confirm when the bonus will kick in, for example if I hit the "B" button to go battle sails is the effect immediate or do my sails have to actually reach battle sail percentage for the bonuses to take effect. If it is instant then hitting the "B" button will become standard when someone fires chain at you and even for turning you can tap the "B" button to increase turn rate and increase to full sails again without losing too much speed.

Why Do DLC premium ships have to come as redeemables? Why not sell the BP's and still leave the other limits in place but make people actually have to craft them like normal ships.  Or maybe make it a combo- like the DLC is 10 redeemable ships and the BP to craft them after the first 10 sink.  Might add some intrinsic value to the premium ships instead of people sailing them around all willhe nillhe style.  It would also contribute to the game economy if mats still have to be crafted or purchased. Just my 2 cents.

Oh WOW! Good work guys! This patch has really got me excited for the first time in a while 👍👍

Hurah to everything, but especially to the following 👇

16 hours ago, admin said:
  • MAIN Feature Open world UI updated to a new version.
    • Open world UI will update to a more traditional MMO window based system. 
    • Port UI remains on the old version. We decided to deploy OW UI first to help to uncover missed bugs and problems faster. Also your initial feedback on the visuals will allow us to deliver better port UI based on your comments.  Apologies for the inconvinience that might be caused by the 2 versions of UI

Love the simplicity and the colors of the UI Screenshot. Good work. The compass I think needs to have a bit more artistic work done to it, but otherwise its pleasant and easy to read.

• Ability to trade in the open world added to game. 
    • Trade is possible with your nation 
    • Trade is possible in the radius of attack
    • If one of the parties to a trade exits this radius trade will stop
    • Trade is only possible from hold of the ship
      Hurah!

• Experimental feature: Open world attack button now has a coold down (60 seconds).
    • This was done to remove constant re-click to get better positioning 
    • You have to be careful how and when you attack.

Awesome!

• Smuggler flag removed
    • You will now be able to switch ships in enemy ports if you have an outposts and docked ships there (to remove weird lockouts caused by legacy rules
      👍👍
      👍

• Military ships can now sail out of enemy ports to remove lockouts if your port was captured or changed state from open to all. 
      👍👍👍

• Exit from enemy and contested ports gives you a 30 min port battle lockdown
      👍 
      makes sense

• Fire changes
    • Fire now affects structure and planking differently. Planking will burn faster than structure. This is done to bring back more epic explosions as fast fires burn the structure too fast (ship sinks faster than it can explode).
      👍

• Structural leaks and penetrating leaks water intake speed dependence increased. Changes are as follows
    • 50% speed – standard leaks (current)
    • 100% speed – leakage is increased 2x
    • 0 speed – leakage is reduced 2x
      👍 I will need to test leaks. Sounds very good though. I would really want to see leaks coming back as powerful as they used to be. They should be as powerful combat tactic as demasting

• Control perk changes (might not get in).
    • Perk control can be switched off in the beginning of the battle, if you do not want to use it.
      👍👍👍 Good, it should be interactive option, not a limitation when you dont need it

Economy rebalance

Economy changes are still in the tuning stage and could miss the patch date - if this happens they will get in with the hot fix in a week after a patch. Expected changes:

• Gold will be renamed to Reals and denominated
  • Combat marks will be replaced by Spanish Silver Dollars (also known as Piastri or Pieces of Eight)
  • PVP marks will be replaced by Gold Escudos (also known as doubloons)
  • Ship logs item will be added - that will drop sometimes in patrol zones and port battles and will be exchangeable for rare ships and upgrades
  • Blueprints will be streamlined and improved (unnecessary clicks removed)
  • Building production volumes and labor hours (man days) will be rebalanced.
    👍👍👍