Game-Labs Forum

Hardcore pvp server

I think that the current mechanics stifle pvp (protected areas, shore batteries, etc ). 

I would like to see a server where the more hardcore pvpers could go to enjoy a real pvp environment. No safe zones, no shore batteries, no invisibility timers. No gimmicks. A place where battles can happen anywhere, any time. Where nationals can attack their own faction which causes them to become pirates. Where outlaw battles thrive. To even play on this server, you would need a top level guy on a current server with a set number of pvp kills. Once you meet the objective, you get a one time offer to clone your existing character to the hardcore pvp server. Pretty much, allow people to have a no holds barred pvp experience, to experience NA at its most primal level. 

You call yourself a hardcore player...all you can hello kittying do is catch and board another player in under 5 minutes...this game's PVP has become so extremely one dimensional its just simply ridiculous...hardcore my arse...unless something is done about that one aspect you can kiss 'PVP" goodbye...hello Legends...ALL PVP has become is catch & board, rinse and repeat....BORING!!!!!!!!!!1

Edited by Sir William Hargood
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Malachy said:

To even play on this server, you would need a top level guy on a current server with a set number of pvp kills.

lel, you're on a roll, bud.

Make your hardcore server without eco and I'll join you. Nothing can ever be hardcore with eco.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Malachy said:

I think that the current mechanics stifle pvp (protected areas, shore batteries, etc ). 

I would like to see a server where the more hardcore pvpers could go to enjoy a real pvp environment. No safe zones, no shore batteries, no invisibility timers. No gimmicks. A place where battles can happen anywhere, any time. Where nationals can attack their own faction which causes them to become pirates. Where outlaw battles thrive. To even play on this server, you would need a top level guy on a current server with a set number of pvp kills. Once you meet the objective, you get a one time offer to clone your existing character to the hardcore pvp server. Pretty much, allow people to have a no holds barred pvp experience, to experience NA at its most primal level. 

Yeah more servers for an already shrinking population is the way to go. Can't tell if you are being serious or trolling.

Edited by Lord Bomgordel
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, rediii said:

Thing is, you get boarded for a reason

Because you let it happen

Nothing else dude

I'm sitting on 11 rates between my two pirate chars.  Over half of those (6 l'oceans that i know of) are not ships I built.  They are ships I captured in port battles when the chance came about to do boarding.  I was not board fit in my Victry, in fact most of them I was under crew compared to the other ship I took.  I did not have board mods on them other than maybe Barricades.  What I did have was the smarts to turn my board prep on when I was about to get into a hot mess of ships taggled together or some one getting caught into the wind and saved my rum for the board.  Most the time I never even needed the rum as I took the ships with maybe 100 crew lost at max.  The problem is players don't have a clue how to board and button smash and than complain about the boarding system.  It's a very simple system to learn the counters and attacks to defeat some one pretty quickly.  I have captured more than just those 6 ships cause I have given some of them away to players that lost ships in port battles and some players that only had one or none 1st rate ships. 

The problem isn't boarding the problem is many folks don't understand the game mechanics than than bitch when they get out played by some one that does.  I personally suck at One vs Ones which is why I never do duels with folks.  Though I know enough of the game mechanics I can out fight/play most of the common players and even other fellow vets out there in a fight. 

Boarding is like the guys that demast.  It's part of the game and it might seem OP for the guys that are really good at them.  The problem is the other 99% of the other players that aren't experts of that skill set.  Not every one is going to be mister elite expert of every game.  

As for the servers they honestly just need to merge all three of them, sorry if you piss any one off that want a special place but right now until the game is release there is no reason to have three servers running.  That are just make the GLOBAL server the experimental server with new test patches and than make the EU the main server that they bring those test patches to life with.   That if they really want to keep two servers (I never count PvE in with the other two) than allow us to do a merge of content and than once every thing is merged on both servers folks can pick which server they want to play on like they where suppose to do with the wipe.  They left to much content on one server or the other that folks didn't even try to change and go to the other.

My biggest issue with this game is if they have 50% sales in North America (heard Admin even say US) than why isn't 50% of your players from that regions?  They need to find out why those players leave and why they aren't retaining over half there sales population.  I have my reasons why many of us stop playing but I'll keep those to myself as they don't want to listen half the time or even try to.

4 hours ago, Sir William Hargood said:

You call yourself a hardcore player...all you can hello kittying do is catch and board another player in under 5 minutes...this game's PVP has become so extremely one dimensional its just simply ridiculous...hardcore my arse...unless something is done about that one aspect you can kiss 'PVP" goodbye...hello Legends...ALL PVP has become is catch & board, rinse and repeat....BORING!!!!!!!!!!1

I only board in rare situations. I find it boring. Try again.

27 minutes ago, Cabral said:

Malachy, you lately are very salty with the game, what's happening my friend? ALOHA giving you hard time?

I want the developers to bring this game back to its original vision. They lost their way somewhere and really dumbed down the experience. The current hello kitty version of the game is a pale imitation of what it was two years ago. They've made no progress, just made it worse and worse with every feature they've introduced or removed.

• Like 1

Sit down with the fellows on comms. Everyone grabs a drink. Discuss the next couple hours cruise. Decide origin and area to roam. Sail out, a small squadron ( wing ), 4 ships, can break down in groups of 2. Find enemy shipping. Kill without concerns for mercy. Carry on. Fall upon a Indiaman convoy which promptly escapes back into zone. Decide to go away from the zone. Find another enemy. Sink without any concerns for mercy. Return to convoy position and try to stage a chase. Fail due to wind not being favourable and squadron split across a fairly large sweep area. Sail back to haven. Fairly good life&death life in the age of sail simulation, took 2 hours and a half total. Cannot get any more simple than that.

• Like 3

Doesn't anyone like to SAIL anymore in an actual Age of Sail game?   

Hethwill brings up a very important aspect of the experience, however...

Sailing with friends for a few hours and only finding a target or two is a far more pleasant experience for most than sailing solo for a few hours...

Again, the game is what you make of it, right?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Doesn't anyone like to SAIL anymore in an actual Age of Sail game?   

Hethwill brings up a very important aspect of the experience, however...

Sailing with friends for a few hours and only finding a target or two is a far more pleasant experience for most than sailing solo for a few hours...

Again, the game is what you make of it, right?

This has nothing to do with the solo or group dynamic, friend. 

3 hours ago, Malachy said:

No you can't hunt in na legends. Na legends will always be second string compared to NA. It's not hardcore at all.

The thing is from what you say in multiple threads it appears you do not want to hunt, you want to log on and sail from port and instantly find battles and if you get sunk you want to be able to return to continue as soon as possible. All that could be achieved in NAL.

Hunters have to spend time stalking their prey (and this does not mean waiting outside the capital port with no safe zone), many times they will spend time hunting with no sight of prey. What you want as a hunter is a turkey shoot with the prey all lined up for you, which is not really hunting.

• Like 4