Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

20 hours ago, admin said:

We can't patch human nature. thus = no outlaw battles. Lets not waste time on this anymore.

I agree. It was not only abused with alts but also used by trolls to bash / sealclub new pirate players right in the safe zone at MT.

@admin Congratulations Devs. now we have deep water battles 3-5k br where the Sverige nation only takes shallow water ships. They only kite run away and cap... Firing chain only... 

If this new br system is working as ment, then no ships above 4th and 5th rates are needed in this game 

Port battles are no longer battles.....

Surely this needs fixing. A minimum ship class should be added... Iv seen nations turn up with lynx's to cap circles in deep water previous line ship battles.!

A minimum number of first rates, second rates should be required to enter port battle.....!

The 5k br battles should require something like 4 first rates minimum... Not this current system of 25 shallow water ships and lynx's....

Edited by monk33y

1 hour ago, Zoky said:

Talking about ow warp speeds and ai teleport,  magic camouflage has potential to be one of the worst features ever if not implemented correctly. Since some of us still have honour (most of the time) masking bigger ship into smaller will only force us to start attacking everyone including new players coz they might be big ship camouflaged into small ship. And one would assume that crew is not completely blind to mistake victory for lynx at tagging range. Therefore my suggestion is that you allow camouflaging only into your own rate and that your true identity is revealed once you get into tag range. 

The historical counterparts of something like this weren't entirely related to the size of ships but to the sail plan and rigging. A 74 gun could indeed, and was, misidentified as Indiaman. Same with all other kinds of ships but always related to sail plans. A full ID of ship details, as per contemporary accounts, could be done at very close range, 3 miles in the best day with good telescope. 

You are right, the implementation of this idea must be done carefully and full ID should be at tag range. 

• Like 1

@Peter Goldman

Yes, I get that and more respect to the "special characters". I also get that 90% of player do not care about duels. Has nothing to do with names, seriously.

Having names or not will change nothing in that respect. A ambush can be sprung now with no problems for a 1v1.

In the end 90% will simply sail away in battle instance instead of OW. Nothing changes. When there's a 1 to 10 odds of a duel happening one must accept that is not what the players look for in the OW. Maybe on arenas, but definitely not in OW.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 12:06 PM, admin said:

Fixed spawns for hostility missions that sometimes spawned in locations closer to other ports which granted pvp kills to other cities.

I am not sure this was actually broken. We had a hostility mission two days ago that Combat News listed at nearby Port de Paix, but all kills in that battle were correctly attributed to Saint-Nicholas.

Of course unless that means that hostility missions are now even closer to the port, that would be a great change. Unfortunately I just undocked and can't check :(

On 11/1/2017 at 12:47 PM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Let me get my pickaxe ready, I'm gonna open up a salt mine.

On another note, can you just remove the pirates as a nation? Operating out of free towns etc...

main_900.jpg

So much salt missing, looks like @HachiRoku was there... 'mimimimi outlaw battles gone, lets change nations bom'

In all honesty tho, apart from the outlaw battle thing, i think this was a good patch(especially the bigger one earlier this week), keep it going!

Edited by Lord Bomgordel

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

To be honest I wonder why pirates have a safe zone (I'm a pirate myself).

I know it is really stupid but having the zone with outlaw battles at the same time, when the pirates themselves bully their new players out of the game, is downright retarded...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Intrepido said:

All players will make mistakes, thats the good thing.

The biggest issue with the IDing ships in the OW is fleet ships.

Last night I managed to catch a single US player who was under crewing 2 Indiamen off the coast of Florida.   Had it been the way you all say I wouldnt have known there was a second ship with him.  I dont think it would be right to see a 3rd rate being invisible because the player is sailing around in a trader brig (6th rate) with the 3rd rate as a fleet ship.

And most lookouts back then could identify a ship out to about 10km.   It would take time, but they would be able to tell if it was a SoL or a Indiaman.  

3 hours ago, monk33y said:

@admin Congratulations Devs. now we have deep water battles 3-5k br where the Sverige nation only takes shallow water ships. They only kite run away and cap... Firing chain only... 

If this new br system is working as ment, then no ships above 4th and 5th rates are needed in this game 

Port battles are no longer battles.....

Surely this needs fixing. A minimum ship class should be added... Iv seen nations turn up with lynx's to cap circles in deep water previous line ship battles.!

A minimum number of first rates, second rates should be required to enter port battle.....!

The 5k br battles should require something like 4 first rates minimum... Not this current system of 25 shallow water ships and lynx's....

CDR have 1700 BR .... And 1700 is not a 3-5k 

I dont see any rule that say SHALLOW SHIPS ARE FORBIDDEN ON DEEP WATER PORT BATTLE. This Deep Water mean only that you can use heavier ship than Niagara.

So .......

Mayby its time to use the brain instead of useless crying on forum ?

Edited by GhastlyGhost
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

CDR have 1700 BR .... And 1700 is not a 3-5k 

I dont see any rule that say SHALLOW SHIPS ARE FORBIDDEN ON DEEP WATER PORT BATTLE. This Deep Water mean only that you can use heavier ship than Niagara.

So .......

Mayby its time to use the brain instead of useless crying on forum ?

I'm getting sick of this amount of personal attacks by this lot.... Mods wake up!!

4 minutes ago, monk33y said:

I'm getting sick of this amount of personal attacks by this lot.... Mods wake up!! 

And you ? Today you are insulting the whole nation by calling us cowards that only run in ALL battles. So mayby you also should get a warning ?

And my request to use the brain is to all players and especially PB commanders while they choose ships for PB.

The real facts are that:

-French commanders chosed wrong ships for this PB.

-The Swedes chose the right tactic against heavier fleet. Even if its boring use of chains its still right.

5 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

And you ? Today you are insulting the whole nation by calling us cowards that only run in ALL battles. So mayby you also should get a warning ?

And my request to use the brain is to all players and especially PB commanders while they choose ships for PB.

The real facts are that:

-French commanders chosed wrong ships for this PB.

-The Swedes chose the right tactic against heavier fleet. Even if its boring use of chains its still right.

Where did I say cowards and where I say you run in all battles. Quote me!

I have not launched any personal attacks today. Iv highlighted what I feel is abuse of the current br port battles. Just like when Sverige nation boycotted pbs over nightflips and your anger over sorry abusing port battles!

Edited by monk33y

3 hours ago, Lord Bomgordel said:

So much salt missing, looks like @HachiRoku was there... 'mimimimi outlaw battles gone, lets change nations bom'

In all honesty tho, apart from the outlaw battle thing, i think this was a good patch(especially the bigger one earlier this week), keep it going!

Ha?

33 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Where did I say cowards and where I say you run in all battles. Quote me!

I have not launched any personal attacks today. Iv highlighted what I feel is abuse of the current br port battles. Just like when Sverige nation boycotted pbs over nightflips and your anger over sorry abusing port battles!

Man. I dont have a time for looking all posts that you write today. Especially when its so easy to edit it. I dont have also time or reason  to argue with you here.  For me you can feel even a victim of personal attacks of Swerg players. And be convinced that you didnt post anything wrong. But look even for the first post that I quoted where you try to  manipulating that we used  shallow ships in PB that have 3-5k BR and consider it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

Man. I dont have a time for looking all posts that you write today. Especially when its so easy to edit it. I dont have also time or reason  to argue with you here.  For me you can feel even a victim of personal attacks of Swerg players. And be convinced that you didnt post anything wrong. But look even for the first post that I quoted where you try to  manipulating that we used  shallow ships in PB that have 3-5k BR and consider it.

I see your argument is falling apart...if I was wrong about your use of small br ships in deep water port battles, why are the Devs stopping you from doing it moving forward???  if it's not a 'go around' or exploit why is it being removed......

Edited by monk33y