Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Honestly Pirates should never be a starting option.

I agree completely but people just don't care... people and especially kids think pirates are cool and some may even buy the game with the intention to play pirate....

33 minutes ago, Landsman said:

I agree completely but people just don't care... people and especially kids think pirates are cool and some may even buy the game with the intention to play pirate....

Are you trying to say that pirates aren't cool? Blasphemy! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zoky said:

Are you trying to say that pirates aren't cool? Blasphemy! 

Pirates are cool it's just I only know one that is playing as a pirate on Global his name is Metatastic Disease

We like him but really wish he would do his piraty thing somewhere else

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Quineloe said:

Can we add Epic Event kills to CombatNews?  Just for the lulz.

Are a wall of shame, I know our guys did one and lost 1-2 ships (think they got one back but the other was sunk).  They did get enough chest to make up for the lost ship, but they went in thinking it was going ot be a cake walk.  I know other nations on GLOBAL has lost a good number of ships too.  The Wall of Shame would be more funny for those events lol

5 hours ago, Landsman said:

That is also why I think we need a reputation system.  You fall so bad or just go pirate but you have the chance in game to gain reputation and join another nation without forged papers.  Remember it's in game so it will take some time.   Pirate is suppose to  be hard core mode so it shouldn't be for new players, it should be a path you choose after you learn the game but have that chance to take that path. I switched over to pirates back when you could do it in game by attacking your own nation.  Yah it had bugs, but if they tie it to  a reputation system than there is no accidentally going pirates in game.

3 hours ago, Custard said:

Pirates are cool it's just I only know one that is playing as a pirate on Global his name is Metatastic Disease

We like him but really wish he would do his piraty thing somewhere else

He reminds me a lot of DOOM and his guys, wish they came back.  Though got to say he does the solo thing well to you nationals.  We have a few others that use to do that but they would only hunt around the capitals cause it's easy pickings.  They just need to know they can do the same in other waters. I just look at the ports and see what are the most valued ones and that would be where I hunt. I have yet to make it that way in game though.  I really haven't been doing much PvP other than PB's cause I'm a bit burned out in the game and well I took the last two weeks off in game for the most part cause of it.  

Captains

Hotfix was deployed today

Sink express. Previous mechanic of spawning after sinking was outdated and was replaced by the following

• Captains who sink now spawn in the nearest friendly or neutral port (not deep water port as before)
  • In addition to that they will have an option to transport to the nearest outpost if they don't have a fleet or do not have an outpost in that port.

Fixed bug that sometimes cut the parts of the message. 

Main post updated

• Like 17

31 minutes ago, admin said:

Captains

Sink express. Previous mechanic of spawning after sinking was outdated and was replaced by the following

• Captains who sink now spawn in the nearest friendly or neutral port (not deep water port as before)
  • In addition to that they will have an option to transport to the nearest outpost if they don't have a fleet or do not have an outpost in that port.

Main post updated

Very good. Now make canons available everywhere. It's still remains a problem to outfit a ship in some ports. More time wasted = less OS action. Same problem with repairs, and rum. Why can't we have NPC sell them for more money everywhere? Ports are empty. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

Some entrepeneur trader types been supplying the usual "corsair havens" with repairs and rum. I saw more than eight hundreds of sail and hull repairs at three different free/neutral/open ports yesterday.

Obviously the groups that operate there will dry them out as needed, I reckon when I returned after the cruise there was none left. Business is good for those brave traders.

Maybe they need to ramp up their supply lines ?

• Like 2

Just now, rediii said:

NA had allways planning involved.

Set up a new OP and creqte a buycontract with x amount of repairs that will be enough for x days or x weeks etc.

let's not stir this too much. I am not the first who complained and won't be the last. Since they started fixing useless time sinks, might as well fix that too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Captains

Main post updated

I honestly think it should send you back to /YOUR/ closest outpost.   This will also give reason to restrict the basic cutter to only if you have no other ships to keep folks from just using it to grief and jumping back out and bugging folks.   Though still closes friendly port is good move.  Cause hated getting sunk in the shallows and being sent to a deep water lol

On 2017-11-01 at 12:06 PM, admin said:

Update 7th November

• Captains who sink now spawn in the nearest friendly or neutral port

Very nice!

This will save players so much time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Repairs should be allways available for a insane price though so you dont kill something that creates content for other players

2 hours ago, George Washington said:

Did I not say that? 

2 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Some entrepeneur trader types been supplying the usual "corsair havens" with repairs and rum. I saw more than eight hundreds of sail and hull repairs at three different free/neutral/open ports yesterday.

Obviously the groups that operate there will dry them out as needed, I reckon when I returned after the cruise there was none left. Business is good for those brave traders.

Maybe they need to ramp up their supply lines ?

I've been doing this on the PVE server, and even with the smallest population of all 3 servers they still sell in less than 24 hours all the time.  Change the price or quantity and they still sell.  I would do the same thing on global if I played there enough these days.  I would think on either PVP server any entrepeneur should be able to do the same thing and charge quite a good sum for hull repairs since they are even more needed there.  If devs add sale of hull repairs directly from ports for players to buy from AI then the price ought to be astronomical, so you don't put the entrepeneurs out of the hull repair making business.

I think the crafting requirements for hull repairs is the biggest drawback right now, it's substantial.

Edited by Jean Ribault

6 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Make LGV refit a warship instead merchant. 

well... 

they are and they ain't.

I can see where this comes from and the problems some folk having with fighting these traders off.

They can use the smuggler flag to find sanctuary behind enemy lines, but they are big as a 5th rate with way less guns.

Am I missing something ?

• Like 1