Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

25 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Regarding PvP activity, here a few numbers:

Approximately 2-3k total players casually playing 2-4 hours each day are loosing less than 150 ships in probably more than 2500 battles each day. 

Thats a average ship lifetime of more than 10 days. If you assume that about 30% of ships are lost in a PvP battle, about 80% of battles are PvE.

In terms of economy, 2500 people are earning approximately 2000kk gold each day + 300k combat marks, probably more. Thats enough to gather resources needed for 3000 Victories + Long cannons, and enough marks for 2000 Wasa, while actually less than 100 ships (boarded ships dont count) need to be replaced.

@rediii Do you know what your ports are making money with? Is it actual economy, or people buying/selling upgrades/books expensive, buying from european traders , or setting large mark contracts? When i look at philipsburg, economy is as dead as in gustavia. No ship market, no material market, just a few resource contracts.

No offense but where did you get your numbers from?

1 hour ago, admin said:

but you can teleport to any neutral town now with no cool down + travel times are 40% faster than they were on launch last year.

So, you are saying I don't have to sail to 'any' neutral town first, set up an outpost and then 'teleport to any neutral town'. If that so you fixed your problem, but if I still have to sail for hours, set up and then free teleport, problem still remains at large. 

Use http://burningsail.com/ map and draw the line from Charleston to Saint George. How many hours does player have to invest before he can start pvp in that area? See your problem here?

Now if group of players heard of pvp action around Saint George, but only 1 of them has outpost close by, you have just ruined player experience and hurt your game. Why? they can't show up and give another team a good fight. 

So, no matter what you add if you don't make group travel faster you are not getting anywhere here. 

Edited by George Washington

12 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

When there were 1000+ players, I didn't see a huge issue. We just need towing back into the game to satisfy lots of the players and voilà.

We don't have 1000s of players and I suggest Developer to always prepare for the worst first. You are saying make mechanics for 1000+ players and when numbers drop the whole game will be broken for everyone else. In other words - suicide.  

What I am suggesting is to allow player to show up with his team when he wants and where he wants and fight. After all this game is called Naval Action with little action at all lately.  

Recipe for success:

1. Show players where hostility takes place and even inform them with warnings.

2. Allow all willing players to use fast travel tools and show up to that location within 20 minutes anywhere in the world. 

3. Watch pvp growing and conquest prospering thus increasing interest and population. 

4. Reward all actions. 

Edited by George Washington

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

No offense but where did you get your numbers from?

Online numbers, battle numbers, combatnews showing losses, rewards/hour, resource value of ships and cannons, all observable.

Playtime is an assumption, but peoples argument is that its more casual friendly now, so 2-4 hours should make sense. It doesnt even effect total numbers. 

34 minutes ago, rediii said:

cannons, ressources, upgrades. The stuff you see in the market generates taxes. What else? :D 

We dont have any statistics but I dont realy need them either.

When npcs fill my contracts, i pay taxes aswell. For example buying teak in basseterre via contract, or an european trader that is immediately filling my contract.

I dont see stuff on the market, thats the point. You would need to sell about 3000 cannons for on average 4000 g/cannon each day to explain only 500k income.

Edited by Fargo

2 hours ago, Fargo said:

Not much when 5th rates were selling for 1,5kk and a cannon set for about 200k. And thats what you would have to charge to make profit as a shipbuilder. But people are neither buying ships, nor selling mats.

No one in PVE. Is farming materials not much money to be made doing it . also most are building or clans are building ship for them 

51 minutes ago, rediii said:

there are cannons in the market aswell as ships and ressources?

And why does it matter anyway?

Why are you blanishing it? There is a single crafted ship for sale since two days. And a handful of resource contracts barley worth 100k tax. I dont keep track of it, but atleast some are there for a while.

It just matters if there is player trade or not. But ofcourse clans dont care. Everyone is collecting resources to craft the materials he needs, and contacts a shipbuilder he knows. That is what it comes down to. Isnt there even a list in sweden with shipbuidlers crafting for mats? Thats working for you, but not for solo players, new players or anyone expecting a working player market or beeing able to do his own business.

How shall this work, you advise every new guy to join a super rich clan that will supply him basically for free? Do you really think people want that? You can withdraw economy from the feature list if this is how the final economy looks like.

See thats why burdening all responsibility on the community is not working, they dont really care. Why is nobody reacting when it already became impossible to act as a free shipbuilder?! Im just trying to point out the obvious here. Guess its kind of a dilemma. People playing this game dont care about economics, otherwise they wouldnt play this game.

Just now, rediii said:

i dont even know what you want?

I sell ressources and cannons in the market like some others do. Im not a shipbuilder and you are the last person that can say that builders should put ships into the market with over 1,5 million price. 

I want you to realise how broken it is, instead of blanishing.

I am a shipbuilder, and you should trust me when i say that i would have to sell ships for that prices. Its simple math. And i wont discuss this with one of the most greediest persons i know.

@admin I really like this patch. I do think though that one minor change could be an improvement. Admiralty ships: I think it wouldn't be better to offer one ship of each class for combat marks, so a random lineship, random 4th rate and random 5th rate every week or two. That way everyone gets a chance to try every ship, but also all ships are craftable except when they are on the combat mark sale. Just a thought.

6 hours ago, Fargo said:

I want you to realise how broken it is, instead of blanishing.

I am a shipbuilder, and you should trust me when i say that i would have to sell ships for that prices. Its simple math. And i wont discuss this with one of the most greediest persons i know.

I'm a ship builder too. There is no reason for prices to go up except simple greed. In fact it got incredibly cheaper to build ships last patch. I've built about two dozen bellonas in the past couple weeks. For the most part I've used resources I collected. The last patch halved the cost, actually more than halved it. I sell ships to folks who ask me to make them for usually a fraction of the cost these sharks are selling for and make a nice profit. Ripping people off because more money is available is simple greed, not mathematics.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

What's wrong with clan economy? Also, if you didn't know... There is a solo shipbuilder in US nation called Tuck. He builds ships for all the major clans, at least he used to do it after the wipe. He would provide them with agamemnons and 1st rates. I would rather have my clan focus on war, fighting, conquest (PvP in short) rather than waste time on trading and crafting. That is the reason why we hire players that are not a part of our clan. We pay them for labor hours, for resources, for trading etc. 

That is also silly from your side to blame big clans for ruining the player-driven economy. A good and smart businessman will find his way to benefit or as some prefer - create a charity (I know quite a few solo shipbuilders that main goal took as helping new players). 

Also... are you trying to say that 100 men clan is ruining the economy of a nation that maybe about 1000 unique players play weekly? I won't believe it.

How many accounts does this Tuck person run?

17 hours ago, admin said:
19 hours ago, Jeheil said:

This is a bit confusing ? 

So we CAN pickup hostility missions. We have FOUR Battles for brits in queue. But when we do hostiltiy missions we get ZERO points.

So REALLY we can only have THREE port battles scheduled...and then go have a break from the game ?? as far has port capture is confirmed ?

Worst idea ever....game over port battle wise for us 'post shutdown' players....

PANTS.

Well the problem is this
Limit of 3 attacking port battles against a single nation only looks small NOW. it will not look small once there are no more neutral towns.
We removed all limits last weekend because were were testing the feature and could not deploy it on Friday.
But now it is working and we think it should stay, because we want to promote nations to attack other nations, and we can't have a separate limit against neutrals (unfortunately we can't do it fast and by the time we do it there will be no neutral towns anyway).

So the question is why can't you attack ports that are already captured.

ok that's a great idea lets attack ports that already captured,(not actually being sarcastic)

so lets look at the map, know one has captured much on global. why?

1. There is a distinct lack of players 

2. Its a new patch people just want to settle in and get used to what the mechanics we have and get a few bugs we have found sorted out now

ok there are a handful of captured ports around so lets attack them!!

unless we want empty port battles we can't attack anyone until the weekend, and with communication between the parties involved 

much like George town before the drop of this new patch that was communicated between myself and @Sir Texas Sir, (the 2nd fight didn't quite go to plan time wise) these 

port battles just wouldn't happen FYI without players working as frenamies. 

soo why are we not attacking other captured ports?

1. well cause empty or AI filled port battles are boring to be honest,

2. and out right pissing what player base we have left off and making them quit your game its just not gonna happen simple.

i have said this in many other feeds on this forum the moment you split the servers (at this stage of your game this was a huge mistake by the way) you created two worlds in your game that need very different rules  now its a giant pain for you and us and both servers player base is not good enough for two server's.

so what mechanics are gonna work on a world wide server with no time constraints, well what are our options 

1. There is no limit on port battles at all, this option is a terrible idea it leads to grief'ing and many other issues 

2. Multiple options here. Put a limit on the clans themselves not the nation this gives clans options in all time zones, there is more merit to this option then there is possible abuse. if you are concerned about nations or clans being bullied put a limit of no more then 3 PB's vs clan's, so one clan can only be attacked 3 times within a 24 hour period also add that a clan only attack particular nation once within a 24 hour period, maybe add a cool down to a player so they can only enter one attacking PB and 1 defensive PB there is options here at least everyone gets a crack at RvR.

3. Do nothing and lose more players it will basically leave you with the EU players, maybe this is what you want? 

The new patch is a great step forward its awesome work Congrats *applause*. there's a few bugs here and there but overall its workable and really enjoyable,

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 2

@adminentering tax in game require change prices of goods. Because missions and taxes is killing trade.

Correct me if my math is wrong.

Let's imagine.

I have a trader brig. And I want make a money from trade Royal Naval College Graduate. The most low buy price is 1720 in Grand Turk and high sell price is 2163 in Fajardo (according today's data from trade tool). My trader brig can carry 1750/1=1750 items. If i sell this i get revenue 1750(2163-1720)=775250. But we have taxes (10%) so buy price is 1720*1.1=1892 and sell price is 2163*0.9=1946.7. My revenue is 1750*(1946.7-1892)= 95725. Compare 775250 and 95725.

Teak Log

Low buy price is 204 in Bridgetown. High sell price is 311 in Haulover. Revenue without taxes is 2916*(311-204)= 312012.

Revenue with taxes is 2916*(311*0.9-204*1.05)=191581,2

312012 vs 191581,2

Parisian Furniture

Low buy price is 150983 in Cap-Français. High sell price is 390535 in Belize. Revenue is1*(390535-150983)=239552. But with taxes is 1*(390535*0.9-150983*1.1)=185400.2

239552 vs 185400.2

Nassau Quartermaster

Low buy price is 2023 in Nassau. High sell price is 2295 in Saint Joseph. Revenue is 1750*(2295-2023)= 476000. But with taxes is 1750*(2295*0.95-2023*1.1)=-78837,5

476000 vs -78837,5

Why should I trade if I can do ravager fleet mission and get 500k gold and 60 CM for 90 minutes?

P.S.

I made Google sheets with min/max prices according today's data from trader tool.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

ok that's a great idea lets attack ports that already captured,(not actually being sarcastic)

so lets look at the map, know one has captured much on global. why?

1. There is a distinct lack of players 

2. Its a new patch people just want to settle in and get used to what the mechanics we have and get a few bugs we have found sorted out now

ok there are a handful of captured ports around so lets attack them!!

unless we want empty port battles we can't attack anyone until the weekend, and with communication between the parties involved 

much like George town before the drop of this new patch that was communicated between myself and @Sir Texas Sir, (the 2nd fight didn't quite go to plan time wise) these 

port battles just wouldn't happen FYI without players working as frenamies. 

soo why are we not attacking other captured ports?

1. well cause empty or AI filled port battles are boring to be honest,

2. and out right pissing what player base we have left off and making them quit your game its just not gonna happen simple.

i have said this in many other feeds on this forum the moment you split the servers (at this stage of your game this was a huge mistake by the way) you created two worlds in your game that need very different rules  now its a giant pain for you and us and both servers player base is not good enough for two server's.

so what mechanics are gonna work on a world wide server with no time constraints, well what are our options 

1. There is no limit on port battles at all, this option is a terrible idea it leads to grief'ing and many other issues 

2. Multiple options here. Put a limit on the clans themselves not the nation this gives clans options in all time zones, there is more merit to this option then there is possible abuse. if you are concerned about nations or clans being bullied put a limit of no more then 3 PB's vs clan's, so one clan can only be attacked 3 times within a 24 hour period also add that a clan only attack particular nation once within a 24 hour period, maybe add a cool down to a player so they can only enter one attacking PB and 1 defensive PB there is options here at least everyone gets a crack at RvR.

3. Do nothing and lose more players it will basically leave you with the EU players, maybe this is what you want? 

The new patch is a great step forward its awesome work Congrats *applause*. there's a few bugs here and there but overall its workable and really enjoyable,

I'd just like to +1 the post and point out, rightly or wrongly that people were expecting clan wars or at least the ability to settle differences within a nation. Should everybody have to be be a pirate for guaranteed PVP , could the Pirate nation fight opposition clans in  a PB ?

This patch has improved the game , we are testing and even with the bugs and tinkering, it's a step in the right direction

• Like 1

18 hours ago, admin said:

Well the problem is this
Limit of 3 attacking port battles against a single nation only looks small NOW. it will not look small once there are no more neutral towns.
We removed all limits last weekend because were were testing the feature and could not deploy it on Friday.
But now it is working and we think it should stay, because we want to promote nations to attack other nations, and we can't have a separate limit against neutrals (unfortunately we can't do it fast and by the time we do it there will be no neutral towns anyway).

So the question is why can't you attack ports that are already captured.

We can and I suppose we will. But with 240+ neutral ports left 'open' some may see it a tad premature/aggressive. I was calling for this a couple of days ago...but I have to say many folks feel it will squish nations/players before they have a chance to setup.

I think as I have said 234234002394 times already the limit of 3 should be against NATIONS not Neutrals.

I know you need to also consider the long term. We have 210 players on at our peak, so ya know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeheil said:

I think as I have said 234234002394 times already the limit of 3 should be against NATIONS not Neutrals.

but I think i responded to that comment several time. The time that implementing such separate limits will take will probably making this limit useless because by then most important ports will be captured and the rest of the ports will be useless (unvisited villages) which nobody wants.

The dilemma is this

1. remove limits completely
  2. have a universal limit of 3 ports against nation

the second option only has a problem during initial land grab
the first option allows to destroy nation

third option (separate limit for a certain nation (for example neutral)) could take a very long time to make and then cause unforeseen bugs that will require fixing and the whole limit implementation could take a month to make, test, fix, stabilize.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, admin said:

the second option only has a problem during initial land grab

The second will break as well.

47 minutes ago, Skully said:

The limit will always form a hard block. You could also be facing it when surrounded by 1 Nation.

A Clan needs to be able to open at least 1 PB in their timeslot. Having to sail 2 hours to do so, fails the timeslot rule. Being forced to fight allies fails the alliances rule.

47 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

We can and I suppose we will. But with 240+ neutral ports left 'open' some may see it a tad premature/aggressive. I was calling for this a couple of days ago...but I have to say many folks feel it will squish nations/players before they have a chance to setup.

I know you need to also consider the long term. We have 210 players on at our peak, so ya know.

checked with the team again.. the limit on neutral ports can be removed - we will see if we can hack it in faster somehow

• Like 9

On 19/09/2017 at 9:00 AM, admin said:

Players who think a little bit will soon find out amazing profit making opportunities in trading.

The issue is that even though I know such trade routes, I don't bother sailing there. It takes more time than solo-grinding fleet missions in Wasa, and is more risky. It also requires for contracts to fill in. I think I'm not alone, as I didn't see any trader in trade hubs since the patch, and profitable goods are not being bought.

The only trade is on craftable resources, and in those few ports that drop resources for refits. To me, trade is dead.

• Like 3