Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

3 minutes ago, Galt said:

@admin Port battles for PvP Global are being scheduled for weird times. 

CKA (GB) finished raising hostility for George Town at server time: 2:15ish on 9/12. The port Battle was scheduled for server time: 10:00 on 9/13, a 27.75 hour time discrepancy. I live in the U.S. so since I scheduled a port battle for 19:15pm I have to wake up at 5:00am, directly after server reset, to fight the battle. A good portion of our clan just can't wake up that early on a weekday but already had planned to commit to an early afternoon fight. Please address this because there are several port battles scheduled for the exact same time on, what I deduce, is a mostly across-the-pond server.

for picture Reference:

Screenshot 2017-09-11 23.07.40.png

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

for picture Reference:

Screenshot 2017-09-11 23.07.40.png

Yep we just flipped San Iago and it's set for 1000 in the morning server time too.  Well  this going to screw up every one as most these where all flipped for that clans prime time and now they are going ot be way off. 1000 server time is 5am in the morning for me instead of 9pm at night when we set the port battle for......just great more bugs.

If your nation can't afford to hold down all the ports surrounding its capital, people hunting new players in its home waters can now make outposts they can teleport to in the ports that remain neutral.

Isn't this a glaring case of "lose more"? i.e. when a nation is already struggling, it is rewarded with more gankers at home?

6 hours ago, Buba Smith said:

There isn't access to the Admiralty in Neutral ports. 

True enough, but Admirality isn't something you constantly need anyways. If you have an outpost in that neutral port, you can just teepee to an outpost with Admirality access. And upgrades you purchase there can be teleported with you in the upgrades inventory.

16 hours ago, jodgi said:

/snip/

(Bonus question: Would PVE grinders, who make up the majority of the player base, quit if PvP gear wasn't buried inside a mountain of PVE activities?)

Basically I think ... yes.

For PVErs - in a game that has no endgame (in terms of PVE) - the ONLY reward is fitting the best gear on the best ship (they play for this), while for PVPers the motivation is gear AND the thrill of combat.

30 minutes ago, victor said:

Basically I think ... yes.

For PVErs - in a game that has no endgame (in terms of PVE) - the ONLY reward is fitting the best gear on the best ship (they play for this), while for PVPers the motivation is gear AND the thrill of combat.

Oh, shit!

:(

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

I kind of dislike the ships for combat marks because they are realy cheap now. Yesterday alone I bought 2 wasa and 1 hermione. Atleast make the price a bit higher maybe since the wasa is such a damn good ship.

Yes, please dont bring more non-crafted ships. Every of them hits the player driven economy. You want the game to be a game for crafter and trader? Then stay consistent and give that player types a market to sell their ships. Otherwise the crafter profession could die in this game.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rediii said:

I kind of dislike the ships for combat marks because they are realy cheap now. Yesterday alone I bought 2 wasa and 1 hermione. Atleast make the price a bit higher maybe since the wasa is such a damn good ship.

100 combat marks for any of the 1st rate permits, and significantly increased CB rewards.

Cue the old days of everyone sailing 1st rates in 3....2...1...

Just now, CaptVonGunn said:

He is talking about the Ship Notes not Permits

...I know. And I was highlighting that the notes aren't the only issue when it comes to overly cheap ships at the moment.

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

100 combat marks for any of the 1st rate permits, and significantly increased CB rewards.

If you want people to get to pvp fast you have to give players an option to recover losses fast. 

• Like 14

Just now, admin said:

If you want people to get to pvp fast you have to give players an option to recover losses fast. 

For RVR, maybe that was the case to an extent, though then against 1st rate PBs are the top tier content of the entire game so maybe it ought to be.

For OW PvP it's less to do with losses and more to do with the current combat mechanics simply making it unfun and often pointless, regardless of ship losses.

It was made impossible to teleport to regional capitals in part because one clan proved that it could be possible to teleport into PBs. Now all ports have PBs, so every PB that is not a regional capital PB you can teleport into.

4 minutes ago, Aegir said:

That is a very good thing. Making it hard to get access to lineships was driving people from the game who just wanted to experience all of the various ships in the game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

huh? So instead of having players build them and put them on the market handing them ships from the Admiralty store was considered a better idea?

admiralty builds them and gives distinguished captains (owning combat marks) the chance to get them straight from the government

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

That is a very good thing. Making it hard to get access to lineships was driving people from the game who just wanted to experience all of the various ships in the game.

Making it somewhat easier, sure, 350 marks for a Vic or, what, 600ish for a different 1st rate (?) was rather prohibitive and PvE grindy.

But a reduction to 100 across the board coupled with the increased rewards just seems over the top. How many PvE missions does it now take to replace the 1st rate you're in? 1? 2?

54 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

Easy solution .. don't attack in their Reinforcement zone.. 

And the Reinforcement zone is only around the capital regions.  Wait out side and than get your target.  There was a bunch of cry babies on GLOBAL today complaining about getting there easy target reforced cause it's a known player that hunts traders and lower level guys around Mort.  Sorry no more easy targets mid day.

43 minutes ago, admin said:

we will update the PB times to times when they should have happened manually (but one time).

Thanks, but if this keeps happening than there is a problem.   Along with the 3 port battle limit that locked two nations out of doing more.  Hope fully the bug is fixed for the bad timers, but to be honest if your game is buggy you should be fixing it /EVERY TIME/

18 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Making it somewhat easier, sure, 350 marks for a Vic or, what, 600ish for a different 1st rate (?) was rather prohibitive and PvE grindy.

But a reduction to 100 across the board coupled with the increased rewards just seems over the top. How many PvE missions does it now take to replace the 1st rate you're in? 1? 2?

Yah I think a few of the high end tier ships they reduced to much, maybe something in the middle would of been better.  I did hostility missions to flip San Iago and after four missions I had 200+ CM and over a million gold.

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

I would say maybe 300 cm for a wasa and 150 for a hermione.

If you dont atleast make it more expensive everyone will just sail these 2 ships because its much more effort to build a ship compared to getting it with combat marks

no

if you don't like it 

don't buy it

are you afraid you get shot by that ship,?

2 weeks a go it was all too expensive and now you say it is too cheap 

whats the matter with you 

there are captains who cant afford expensive ships don't you want them in the game?