Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

10 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

THey stay open or should 

That doesn't matter. They could be anywhere. You accept a mission to flip Port au Prince, the mission might be South of the entire Island, it might be up by Les Gonaives, it might be at Nippes. You accept enough missions with your team in the same place and you'll flip the port by the time the defenders even figure out where you are not.

There is exactly one place where these missions should be: right in front of the port.

Edit: called it, PVE kills were not increased by factor 8  :P

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

That doesn't matter. They could be anywhere. You accept a mission to flip Port au Prince, the mission might be South of the entire Island, it might be up by Les Gonaives, it might be at Nippes. You accept enough missions with your team in the same place and you'll flip the port by the time the defenders even figure out where you are not.

There is exactly one place where these missions should be: right in front of the port.

Edit: called it, PVE kills were not increased by factor 8  :P

I like this idea of hostility missions being known locations in front or near the port. They should be easy to find and contest as they are essentially representing a blockade of that port.

• Like 2

very interesting patch! The maintenance fee is a very important feature and the possibilities to upgrade or expand a port make owning a port even more interesting. 

I believe it is very important in a player driven game like NA that everything a nation does to become bigger and stronger in relalation to the other nations (players) should have (dis)advantages. Basically, the stronger and bigger a nation becomes, the harder it is to maintain this position of power or dominance. The weaker a nation is, the easier it is to send ships into battle and fight. 

Dominance of the Caribbean in NA should come at a price. It should be a national effort to maintain this position of power or the nation will shrink back to a size that accurately reflects the national effort. 

1 minute ago, Mear O'Breannen said:

after some ai fights i cant navigate anymore ... fought 2 brigs 2 snows and while fighting a lgv i cant turn left or right .... 

even cant shot, reassing keys dint work also :/

after cancel the fight my keys are working as usual.

Have you activated Brace command? H key by default

Let's try it the way it is for a while but Devs might consider adding a message in Combat News something like "Pirates attack Georgetown" but that message could be delayed for 30 min or so after the hostility mission has started.

That way we could simulate active defense and respond to attack but it wouldn't allow instant revenge ganks or mission jumping. 

• Like 2

Now that our clan [FPM] has had a good chance at the new post map changes I can confidently say WE really like it. The new ships are wonderfull and the Hostility Battles are a blast. 

I do have a question regarding the Neutral Ports on PvE. Will they change to national flags sometime? Pardon me if this has been answered somewhere else. 

• Like 1

Do we know how many port battles we can have at the same time for one nation?  Is it still limit to 3 per nations?   Cause if it is having these clan based is going to  make it hard for ever one to wait on others to have there port battles.  We just kinda ran into that on GLOBAL.  One of the Brazilian clans was running up two ports and we plan to flip some tonight.   So we where wondering if it's still limited to 3 per nation at a time. Told them to do there two and we will finish up Kidd's tonight, but if we can do more than 3 we had other ports planed to flip too.

2 hours ago, Mear O'Breannen said:

not on purpose - maybe - dont know.

I changed mine to I cause I keep hitting it every time I tried to board something and locked me out of the board action.  That and I found I is annoying when your playing a mortar brig and use K for morter sight....so yah might want to move it to something that might work for you as it's an easy key to hit.

13 hours ago, admin said:
  • Port battle entry rights is limited to captains who are members of clans to allow conquest players better   control on who enters the port battles.
    • Port battles are now set up by clans for the nation
    • Clans and guilds can add other clans of the same nation to friend lists (allies)
    • Only players in clans on the friend lists (allies) can enter port battles set up by the clan 

Causal players who have no desire to join a clan, if we haven't shoved the stick far enough up your posterior then maybe this will give you the hint, You can get hello kittyed.

1 minute ago, Fengist said:

Causal players who have no desire to join a clan, if we haven't shoved the stick far enough up your posterior then maybe this will give you the hint, You can get hello kittyed.

If your a casual player that isn't part of a clan than how would you do clan wars any way?  Just about every other game has content for Clans that solo players can't join in either.  

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

If your a casual player that isn't part of a clan than how would you do clan wars any way?  Just about every other game has content for Clans that solo players can't join in either.  

You're incredibly right. They do.  Here's the difference. If you're a casual player in any of those other games you can still find interesting things to do that don't cripple you in comparison to those in clans.  In other games, wars are just about resources and territory, not about rewards that end up giving you HUGE personal advantages.

People on here like to use Eve as an example so fine...  If I got into a war against another corporation in eve, my reward for beating their brains in wasn't a module that made my ship faster, a reward from the game itself.  Now had I blackmailed them into ending the war and pocketed some cash, I could go buy that module.  Not have it handed to me on a platter.

Personally I think Eve is irrelevant.  This is Naval Action.  In the discussion and design of clan content, I have to admire the way the devs are making an effort to include all sorts of players, clan players, solo players, players with little time, players who are on every night, etc.  It's not an easy task.  We just have to do our part and recognize there can and should be lots of content for all types of players.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Quineloe said:

Your server is an afterthought to market this game to players with zero interest in PVP and RVR. And you're complaining a PVP / RVR feature doesn't work for you. You can use neutral ports. What else do you want?

There isn't access to the Admiralty in Neutral ports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

Just started playing after a day of waiting at work :D

For trading I guess it's better to buy from neutral or free towns?

I believe devs want the neutral towns to be the most profitable, whether that is the case right now may be another story.

9 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Sorry, but you've made the game way too easy now. Missions give far too much money and combats marks.  I sank two Agges and got 200k. And why can people just buy the ridiculously overpowered 4th rate ship so cheap? You don't even have to craft it. 

I agree. Rewards have increased and CM costs have decreased. It seems that actually sailing in the OW and doing things is now called "grinding." It used to be called "playing the game" and leveling up a character.

9 hours ago, Liq said:

That "pay combat marks and choose ship build without the need to waste time on crafting" approach is interesting. I never really enjoyed crafting. Might want to add it to more ships in the future, but needs to be tested lively first of course.

I understand, crafting isn't for everybody. So don't do it and buy your ships from someone who does enjoy it. Issue solved.

I believe, in the long run, the economic changes are not going to work out very well. Taxes are going to raise the cost of ships considerably as prices increase to maintain profit margines.

17 hours ago, admin said:
  • National Taxation
    • National cities started to charge tax for all purchases or sales using money (inlcuding private trade and contracts

Here you say purchases OR sales, but in game, taxes are paid on purchases AND sales. Is it a typo or an error and only the purchase OR the sale is taxable?

Just now, AngryPanCake said:

Here you say purchases OR sales, but in game, taxes are paid on purchases AND sales. Is it a typo or an error and only the purchase OR the sale is taxable?

it is meant to be "and."

and even better description should be

"all transactions on the market in a port will be taxed"

10 hours ago, Ink said:

We plan to remove teleport limitation for free ports in the next hotfix (most likely), players will be able to teleport to any outpost, with the exception of another nation owner

Great) i can't wait!

• Like 3

@admin Port battles for PvP Global are being scheduled for weird times. 

CKA (GB) finished raising hostility for George Town at server time: 2:15ish on 9/12. The port Battle was scheduled for server time: 10:00 on 9/13, a 27.75 hour time discrepancy. I live in the U.S. so since I scheduled a port battle for 19:15pm I have to wake up at 5:00am, directly after server reset, to fight the battle. A good portion of our clan just can't wake up that early on a weekday but already had planned to commit to an early afternoon fight. Please address this because there are several port battles scheduled for the exact same time on, what I deduce, is a mostly across-the-pond server.

• Like 1