Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

1 hour ago, Zoky said:

Why don't you ask me what's my playstyle instead of spreding bs about me? I'm die hard PvPer and I sail same ship (pirate frigate) since before the wipe. I usually operate either alone or in 2 mans hunting group. Now I will tell you exactly why I think that these changes are idiotic. They didn't change anything about relative speeds of ships. Speed build coni is still same speed as speed build surp or speed build pirate frig. All they did is they made speed mods waste of upgrade space and pissed of lots of people from small clans like mine who have invested a lot in those upgrades. And if you think that sailing profile will save your surp think again. Tag range is smaller now (spawns points in battle are closer then they used to be)  so its easier to achieve good tag. And with good tag its bye bye surp.

Have you read anything?  Still another person claiming that a speed Coni is the same speed as a speed Surprise?  Still another person who doesn't take into account the speed cushion is gone and the warping of sailing profiles is gone?  When will these wrong statements end?  P.s.  The United States class frigates were decent speed.  Longer hull than the Surprise means its hull speed is greater.  But, of course, supposedly only inexperienced players try to run away only at 135, but from all the statements in the last day, I am not 100% sure that only inexperienced players do this.

4 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

I think the main problem is not enough players. Yes the game is a massive time sink but it would be way more fun if you could meet more enemies while sailing around. Also there shouldn't be sealed bottles but you should find wrecks in OW like epic events / deadmen chest but rarer, so you can get at least something for sailing around... i think this is what they were trying to do with fishing / sealed bottles but let's be real here, those 0-2 LHC and ~ 50k worth of garbage don't make me even bother going for any wrecks... can't even get upgrades... Sorry for off topic.

Leeward Islands, Central America, Windward Passage areas seem to have a lot of activity and you will meet different nations without having to sail much (pvp eu).  Early days of OW we had less people and still found pvp.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, admin said:

thats an eternal question for the mmo mankind. 
Should belle poule or surprise or essex have a decent chance to win against uss constitution in 1v1 engagement? 

Historically - no. If this is true (historically) everyone will sail a USS Constitution. 

For game balance Counter strike balancing should be applied for open world games - where every ship should have a chance to kill USS constitution - just like a pistol owner can kill  (if he is skilled) an AK owner in the right circumstances. Or rephrasing = in CS Lynx could destroy USS constitution in some conditions.

If we want varied gameplay there should be specific conditions in which every ship can kill every ship if you use the ship advantages.

Constitution needs 150 combat marks, it has 250 battle rating.  It should annihilate cheap ships like Surprises, 100/140*250 = 179 -> 79% more BR.

Surprise has very good upwind sailing qualities, 4 stern chasers, it is very good to escape.  It really does not need to be even close as good as Connie in combat.

Essex does not need combat marks, but it is 225 BR frigate.  Essex vs Constitution is completely different story.  Still, Essex is priced way under Constitution so I suppose Constitution should be clearly better, or how do you set your pricing policies?

In my opinion, you should nerf Surprise or increase BR.  Someone could say it is OP vs price and BR.

Yes, sure, a good Constitution captain will always win vs Surprise, but a good Surprise captain will escape before it is too late.

20 hours ago, admin said:

In reality 3rd rates were as fast as fastest frigates. It all depended on wind strength and sea conditions. Constitution would be faster than renommee in certain conditions. And would have no chance to fight against it surrendering after 2-3 broadsides.

In game Renommee can escape closed hauled but with a proper tag it has no chance. If renommee cannot escape at any angle - then it needs balancing

I have understood that stronger the hull is more water pressure it can take.  Faster the ship goes more pressure it has to sustain.  Live Oak should be the fastest wood type if we went with laws of physics?  I understand that from game point of view that would be slightly boring.

Speed is in balance if fast small ships are used as taggers.  Renommee should have its place in the game.

Traders and "pirate" ships and probably some others will be speed ships still.  10% more sailing crew, does not really matter in my trader at all.  For my PvP ship, I probably would take something else.  IMO this does not sound bad.

We should probably nerf rest of the upgrades as well.  The game was simply better when bonuses were small.  Personally I do not recommend this kind of gear based PvP, at all.

Traders have to be slower than their combat variants, else Lynx cannot catch Traders Lynx.

@admin At some point I understood that you agreed that small bonuses are good. I do not know why you changed your mind to be completely opposite.  I have been asking this more than a year and I know I am not the only one.  What if you would make those bonuses to be small and we could start developing something else already?

You probably have to remove regions, capture each port separately. I think the biggest issue in current RvR is the hostility system. It does not work. You either have to start creating new content for it ASAP that will fix it or go back to the good old flag system.  Hostility system is extremely boring, yes, extremely.

Upgrade random drops, are worst than random crafting. Make upgrades easy to access. We craft upgrades, that needs some effort and materials, cool. Keep the main focus in action, in war.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zoky said:

Why don't you ask me what's my playstyle instead of spreding bs about me? I'm die hard PvPer and I sail same ship (pirate frigate) since before the wipe. I usually operate either alone or in 2 mans hunting group. Now I will tell you exactly why I think that these changes are idiotic. They didn't change anything about relative speeds of ships. Speed build coni is still same speed as speed build surp or speed build pirate frig. All they did is they made speed mods waste of upgrade space and pissed of lots of people from small clans like mine who have invested a lot in those upgrades. And if you think that sailing profile will save your surp think again. Tag range is smaller now (spawns points in battle are closer then they used to be)  so its easier to achieve good tag. And with good tag its bye bye surp.

Contradictions, speed ships are the same but speed mods waste an upgrade space? What?! 

12 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

I worked for a gaming software company , then Microsoft.  quit.    Became a stock trader to this day.   I like to play games that don't require my 100% attention while I trade the qqq's and spy options. (used to play poker online til they made that illegal)   I am retired and live in 3 different places each year.    That is the truth.    I want to see a game that listens to everyone and not the carebears or just the pvp'ers.    This patch was a slap on the face.      

And I was President of a small country in southern Africa.  I once rode a Rhino to war with my neighbor nation and was victorious.   I have been to the top of the highest mountain and done 2 orbits around the Earth with Sir Richard Branson.   

I have had tea with the Queen of England, and I am a member of her book club, we often trade novels with each other, she is quite the reader of books.   I once flew in a SR-71 to meet the president of the USA.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

And I was President of a small country in southern Africa.  I once rode a Rhino to war with my neighbor nation and was victorious.   I have been to the top of the highest mountain and done 2 orbits around the Earth with Sir Richard Branson.   

I have had tea with the Queen of England, and I am a member of her book club, we often trade novels with each other, she is quite the reader of books.   I once flew in a SR-71 to meet the president of the USA.

But "how big is your dunda?"

I have a solution. Remove mods entirely from the game. Ships handle based upon how they are built. Devs stop listening to butt hurt surprise captains. Release the damned game already and do further tweaks slowly down the road like every other freaking mmo does.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

did the devs increase bovenwinds and gazelle to 2% .   10% sailing crew is still a bummer.       I just don't understand why they cant remove speed caps.     Still waiting.

Pretty sure you said you were leaving.  I guess not. Whats the need for speed caps if almost nothing can hit 15nts now?

30 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Pretty sure you said you were leaving.  I guess not. Whats the need for speed caps if almost nothing can hit 15nts now?

do you know how long it takes to get rid of everything.  I don't want to just erase everything.  Would rather give my ships, gold, mats to spain.   4 ships left.  got rid of all my refits.   sold my vics for 1 gold.  2 constis/2 frigates left

Alliances back would save this game for me.   The non ability to group up with different nations is my game killer .     I am sure it is for US and French players as well.     I got stranded by a bunch of back stabbing real Spanish players whom declared war on the British without even defending or attacking.  That made my heart sink.   And now they don't do anything for the Danes.   Reminds me of when the Spanish switched sides in the Napoleonic wars.   Traitors.

Dear Developers!

Sorry if u read most of my post before, but i reworked some suggestions in it.

At first sight i thought the patch is not bad, now i think, it is bad.

I share my opinion, why.

The system u made on OS streghten the gankers and supress the good fights. Its not fair, if defenders dont get at least 1 oportunity to revenge, but instead of this the gankers get a superior ghost fleet option. I dont like this system at all.  i think after a battle only the group with smaller battle rating should get speed buff in invisibility.

The speed rework on metapatch just made 1 thing in my guild. The last ones just came in, and they realized that the ships they build for shitload are near crap. They just say enough and logged out. im fine with it, but u cant do much more action like that i think with the small clans.

I see only one big problem in ur game, its life stealer in this form as its egzist.

I think u must let players lower thier gametime, and let them succes. The easiest way is to let the rearrangment movements automatically.

There are a lot of boring sailing time implemented, 99% no action in it. This sailing are mostly ship rearrangement between outpost and for hauling. This OS sailing get players from real action, what is bad for them and for the rest.  Let all type of ships move automatically between outposts without cargo with 1 day penalty. In outposts should be an option to send ships to other outpost. The ships should get "on the way mark", and should arrive in targeted outpost at server reset or after 24 h (to avoid get advantage by fast rearrangement). This can give more active players on sea (PVE, PVP, smuggling, cargo hauling, exploring for outpost and for trading missons) against non active players. Btw automatic movement should help players struggled with ships in contested port aswell (struggling with ur best ship in a contested port can make player leak again, and can weaken low populated nations). Top of that i think ships from contested ports should move to the closest outpost automatically without any player action/intervention, so players after holyday or long work or just  a short break shouldnt get themselfes without thier best ships. I think till u not make OS sail easier, ur player base will always go below critical mass, and ur map wont work again and again appart from that what else u patch. I have that opinion appart form that there are lots of whining against making OS sailing easier. Those whiners are without real life, and im sure they wont leave the game, but normal players will sooner or later if they have to sail hours for some or none action.

About ur new conquest system:

Ur new conqest system doesnt solve the supressed nation issue, as it has no really balance in it, just try to solve the problem with the reset. If a nation too strong, it can be stronger after every map round, and can supress still some low populated nations. Another problem, that nations will always hit same nations. French will always against swedish and dutch, british always against spanish and pirates. That means aswell that french and spanish always be a supressed nation, what will make player base leak in thiese nations, and nations arond spanish can easily win the map round with no action flips and PB-s.

I suggest a new conquest (ruler) system. The war/play on the map should go for the Ruler of the Caribean title. In my system between two nation there will be 3 type of reletaionship. One can rule the other, and they can be equals. For example British can rule spanish, spanish can rule british and they can be equals. If british wants to rule spanish, they have to attack one of thier ports and win the port battle. If they rule the spanish, they shouldnt be able to attack any more port, but OS battles will be still enabled. The British should be able to use the spanish resources (with smuggler flag they should be able to bid on thier resources). If the spanish attack back to a british port, and they win, they became equal (they both can attack again, and British smugglers can not bid  in spanish ports again), and if they win another PB (area) against british, they will rule  british (cannot attack them anymore, but can bid on resources). If a nation rule  all others (get one area form all others or lets say win 1 PB against all others, and not lose any), they become the ruler of the caribean, and they win the map. Then should be map and nation status reset (all equals), but every outposts, xp, ships and so one shouldnt be reseted in the starting areas. With this system there is one problem. There can be a situation, when nation(s) with small starting area (especially swedish, US) will have only the capitals at endgame. Solution is easy, when a nation rule  all others but one, the last attack should be on 1st rate port or on the last remaining (not ruled) nation capital. If the main ruler win, the map reset come! There should be some tricky situation, but its not that chaotic, as it seems. For example if swedish, british and spain equals, British attack Cartagena (spanish port) and win, they will rule  spanish. If swedish attack cartagena after that, and take it, they will rule  british, while british still rule  spanish. Another tricky situaton if only US not ruled by British and British  attack thier capital but before attack time they lose one port against another nation. In that case the capital attack should be canceled.  Its simple, isnt it?

If u do this system, u have to make new port battle timer system aswell. I think there should be only 1 PB in every 2 hours. The first nation who reach 100% tension should get the first PB (after 24 h or after 26 h, as u wish), next should get after 2 hour from the first PB start ( or more, like max PB time between the two PB). If all PB time slot occupied, rising tensions should be stay at 100% (no PB at 100%, and slow tension drop or deny at all if they reach 100%) and the nation can grind the tension easily up to PB on the next day, and get the first PB time after that day.

If u do the conqest/ruler system, u have to let nations attack others far from home water, and help to defend or take back thier isolated ports. That wont work, if u dont let players to make outpost at least 1 freetown, with the capability to move there ships automatically (after sailing there for the outpost for sure) and switch to ship there. This can boost OS PVP very much, and if u let only 1 freetown outpost, main force of the nation will have the same freeport, while minor part can do solo trader hunting, smuggling with it.

This system has loads of advantages. Strong nations capable to win has to attack all other nations, and they wont be able to anihilate or supress others (they can get only one area from one nation). The wars between nations will go for 1-2 important area or lets say for winning PB-s, and not for getting play areas. It should work like a climbing ladder, win against (rule) 1 nation after 1.  In this system there are big chance that strong nations will deplete thier ship pool for the win, as they need to attack all others. Till the map reset (win) the national areas doesnt change much, so easy nation stay easy, hard nation stay hard even if they are ruler or underdog.  The system has the national balance in itselfs, as the strongest nation always against all others. This system doesnt bother the cross play, what i think u support nowdays, as smuggler on ruler side still can be attacked, so own a second character on the underdog side still has advantage.

Btw u should boost OS PVP activity without raise ganking. Just make PVP zones at ports with 50% tension, where PVP rewards are 2-10X. Tension drop should be lower over 50%, and after 100% if there is no PB slot on next day it shouldnt be dropped at all. That should pull all PVP focused players there and withdraw them from ganking.

Appart from that system:

U must defend new players appart from that which nation they choose. They do mainly PVE, so PVP and especially ganking is bad for them. Give an opportunity to players below "post captain" to flag themselfs with "Naval Student flag". If they sail under this flag with a warship, they and thier missions shouldnt be attacked in home waters (!), and they shouldnt attack enemy or join PVP battles either. After that rank i dont think anybody leave because of some ganks, and they should be able to defend themselfes.

I think nowdays u want solve the "suppressed nation", lowby player gank and another problems with the long OS sailing distances, but it seems to me doesnt work. U get player leak again and again, because OS PVP is supressed while HC players going for ganks instead of real fights.

I have other ideas, but they are not so important. In my system tow to port is useless, and i think it bad for trader hunting/trader running/trader fleet game.

Low populated nations should get some advantage, like lower conquest mark and combat mark prices of ships (Agamemnon 3-4 Conquest mark, Consti 50-60 Combat mark and so one...), and advertise it at player creation (low populated nation, advantage of endgame ship building prices by 10-20%). Top of that the 1 or 2 nation with lowest population should be able to change combat marks to conquest mark 20-50-100 to 1, as u wish). If the population growth, they shouldnt be able to do this anymore.

i think if there are more than 50 (30-100?) outpost at a Freeport, that should be PVP zone aswell till outpost number wont go down. That should help defensive moves aswell, as can activate PVP focused players of the defensive nation to attack ships around the attackers freeport.

After this i would be really appriciated if  sell players some ship paintings maybe specified ship XP books, or anything else what player can use and wants after or before release.  I would be happy if i can support ur game more. Btw sooner or later u must decide whats ur bussinnes model, u want to make this game life stealer and make a faster player base change, or make this game enjoyable and make a real best seller. if u want second sooner or later u have to think about what u can sell for money, If u make things well, u still can make a profitable game, i think. With fast player base recycle soon u wont get player base critical mass.

With the changes i supposed i think u can avoid all type of player pool leak, no supressed nations, no lowbie gank, much more OS PVP, new endgame content, real national balance, less boring OS sailing without action. when u see player base grothw, start find out a new bussiness model (let players support ur game via selling paintings or what u want - i want personally specific ship XP books to lower my PVE activity)

Best regards: ..

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrZoidberg said:

Dear Developers!

Sorry if u read most of my post before, but i reworked some suggestions in it.

At first sight i thought the patch is not bad, now i think, it is bad.

I share my opinion, why.

The system u made on OS streghten the gankers and supress the good fights. Its not fair, if defenders dont get at least 1 oportunity to revenge, but instead of this the gankers get a superior ghost fleet option. I dont like this system at all.  i think after a battle only the group with smaller battle rating should get speed buff in invisibility.

The speed rework on metapatch just made 1 thing in my guild. The last ones just came in, and they realized that the ships they build for shitload are near crap. They just say enough and logged out. im fine with it, but u cant do much more action like that i think with the small clans.

I see only one big problem in ur game, its life stealer in this form as its egzist.

I think u must let players lower thier gametime, and let them succes. The easiest way is to let the rearrangment movements automatically.

There are a lot of boring sailing time implemented, 99% no action in it. This sailing are mostly ship rearrangement between outpost and for hauling. This OS sailing get players from real action, what is bad for them and for the rest.  Let all type of ships move automatically between outposts without cargo with 1 day penalty. In outposts should be an option to send ships to other outpost. The ships should get "on the way mark", and should arrive in targeted outpost at server reset or after 24 h (to avoid get advantage by fast rearrangement). This can give more active players on sea (PVE, PVP, smuggling, cargo hauling, exploring for outpost and for trading missons) against non active players. Btw automatic movement should help players struggled with ships in contested port aswell (struggling with ur best ship in a contested port can make player leak again, and can weaken low populated nations). Top of that i think ships from contested ports should move to the closest outpost automatically without any player action/intervention, so players after holyday or long work or just  a short break shouldnt get themselfes without thier best ships. I think till u not make OS sail easier, ur player base will always go below critical mass, and ur map wont work again and again appart from that what else u patch. I have that opinion appart form that there are lots of whining against making OS sailing easier. Those whiners are without real life, and im sure they wont leave the game, but normal players will sooner or later if they have to sail hours for some or none action.

About ur new conquest system:

Ur new conqest system doesnt solve the supressed nation issue, as it has no really balance in it, just try to solve the problem with the reset. If a nation too strong, it can be stronger after every map round, and can supress still some low populated nations. Another problem, that nations will always hit same nations. French will always against swedish and dutch, british always against spanish and pirates. That means aswell that french and spanish always be a supressed nation, what will make player base leak in thiese nations, and nations arond spanish can easily win the map round with no action flips and PB-s.

I suggest a new conquest (ruler) system. The war/play on the map should go for the Ruler of the Caribean title. In my system between two nation there will be 3 type of reletaionship. One can rule the other, and they can be equals. For example British can rule spanish, spanish can rule british and they can be equals. If british wants to rule spanish, they have to attack one of thier ports and win the port battle. If they rule the spanish, they shouldnt be able to attack any more port, but OS battles will be still enabled. The British should be able to use the spanish resources (with smuggler flag they should be able to bid on thier resources). If the spanish attack back to a british port, and they win, they became equal (they both can attack again, and British smugglers can not bid  in spanish ports again), and if they win another PB (area) against british, they will rule  british (cannot attack them anymore, but can bid on resources). If a nation rule  all others (get one area form all others or lets say win 1 PB against all others, and not lose any), they become the ruler of the caribean, and they win the map. Then should be map and nation status reset (all equals), but every outposts, xp, ships and so one shouldnt be reseted in the starting areas. With this system there is one problem. There can be a situation, when nation(s) with small starting area (especially swedish, US) will have only the capitals at endgame. Solution is easy, when a nation rule  all others but one, the last attack should be on 1st rate port or on the last remaining (not ruled) nation capital. If the main ruler win, the map reset come! There should be some tricky situation, but its not that chaotic, as it seems. For example if swedish, british and spain equals, British attack Cartagena (spanish port) and win, they will rule  spanish. If swedish attack cartagena after that, and take it, they will rule  british, while british still rule  spanish. Another tricky situaton if only US not ruled by British and British  attack thier capital but before attack time they lose one port against another nation. In that case the capital attack should be canceled.  Its simple, isnt it?

If u do this system, u have to make new port battle timer system aswell. I think there should be only 1 PB in every 2 hours. The first nation who reach 100% tension should get the first PB (after 24 h or after 26 h, as u wish), next should get after 2 hour from the first PB start ( or more, like max PB time between the two PB). If all PB time slot occupied, rising tensions should be stay at 100% (no PB at 100%, and slow tension drop or deny at all if they reach 100%) and the nation can grind the tension easily up to PB on the next day, and get the first PB time after that day.

If u do the conqest/ruler system, u have to let nations attack others far from home water, and help to defend or take back thier isolated ports. That wont work, if u dont let players to make outpost at least 1 freetown, with the capability to move there ships automatically (after sailing there for the outpost for sure) and switch to ship there. This can boost OS PVP very much, and if u let only 1 freetown outpost, main force of the nation will have the same freeport, while minor part can do solo trader hunting, smuggling with it.

This system has loads of advantages. Strong nations capable to win has to attack all other nations, and they wont be able to anihilate or supress others (they can get only one area from one nation). The wars between nations will go for 1-2 important area or lets say for winning PB-s, and not for getting play areas. It should work like a climbing ladder, win against (rule) 1 nation after 1.  In this system there are big chance that strong nations will deplete thier ship pool for the win, as they need to attack all others. Till the map reset (win) the national areas doesnt change much, so easy nation stay easy, hard nation stay hard even if they are ruler or underdog.  The system has the national balance in itselfs, as the strongest nation always against all others. This system doesnt bother the cross play, what i think u support nowdays, as smuggler on ruler side still can be attacked, so own a second character on the underdog side still has advantage.

Btw u should boost OS PVP activity without raise ganking. Just make PVP zones at ports with 50% tension, where PVP rewards are 2-10X. Tension drop should be lower over 50%, and after 100% if there is no PB slot on next day it shouldnt be dropped at all. That should pull all PVP focused players there and withdraw them from ganking.

Appart from that system:

U must defend new players appart from that which nation they choose. They do mainly PVE, so PVP and especially ganking is bad for them. Give an opportunity to players below "post captain" to flag themselfs with "Naval Student flag". If they sail under this flag with a warship, they and thier missions shouldnt be attacked in home waters (!), and they shouldnt attack enemy or join PVP battles either. After that rank i dont think anybody leave because of some ganks, and they should be able to defend themselfes.

I think nowdays u want solve the "suppressed nation", lowby player gank and another problems with the long OS sailing distances, but it seems to me doesnt work. U get player leak again and again, because OS PVP is supressed while HC players going for ganks instead of real fights.

I have other ideas, but they are not so important. In my system tow to port is useless, and i think it bad for trader hunting/trader running/trader fleet game.

Low populated nations should get some advantage, like lower conquest mark and combat mark prices of ships (Agamemnon 3-4 Conquest mark, Consti 50-60 Combat mark and so one...), and advertise it at player creation (low populated nation, advantage of endgame ship building prices by 10-20%). Top of that the 1 or 2 nation with lowest population should be able to change combat marks to conquest mark 20-50-100 to 1, as u wish). If the population growth, they shouldnt be able to do this anymore.

i think if there are more than 50 (30-100?) outpost at a Freeport, that should be PVP zone aswell till outpost number wont go down. That should help defensive moves aswell, as can activate PVP focused players of the defensive nation to attack ships around the attackers freeport.

After this i would be really appriciated if  sell players some ship paintings maybe specified ship XP books, or anything else what player can use and wants after or before release.  I would be happy if i can support ur game more. Btw sooner or later u must decide whats ur bussinnes model, u want to make this game life stealer and make a faster player base change, or make this game enjoyable and make a real best seller. if u want second sooner or later u have to think about what u can sell for money, If u make things well, u still can make a profitable game, i think. With fast player base recycle soon u wont get player base critical mass.

With the changes i supposed i think u can avoid all type of player pool leak, no supressed nations, no lowbie gank, much more OS PVP, new endgame content, real national balance, less boring OS sailing without action. when u see player base grothw, start find out a new bussiness model (let players support ur game via selling paintings or what u want - i want personally specific ship XP books to lower my PVE activity)

Best regards: ..

Dr. Zoidberg, you don't want an Open World mmo with a huge map as Naval Action has been advertised as.  You want Naval Action Legends, the arena game, which can be found here.  You say 99% of sailing has no action, so leave Open World to those of us who want Open World, and wait for legends so you don't have to have those boring sails.  P.s.  You do realize you bought an Age of Sail game, right, that must include boring sailing right?

19 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

do you know how long it takes to get rid of everything.  I don't want to just erase everything.  Would rather give my ships, gold, mats to spain.   4 ships left.  got rid of all my refits.   sold my vics for 1 gold.  2 constis/2 frigates left

This is the second time I've seen you get rid of everything.  Just like 2-3 weeks ago you sold all your ships and mats for 1 gold at Havana, so how hard can it be?  Must be along the same lines as all the money you were going to invest in game labs.

If I had a Combat Mark for every time I've read El Loco post that he was quitting, well, I could buy a Victory Mark.

Seriously tho, there are so many unnecessary time sinks in game that aren't even related to actually playing. I really hope a new UI comes sooner rather than later. Not because I want it pretty. Think about when you want to craft a ship. How many clicks does it take just trying to figure out your mat supply? How complicated is it having to split stacks, shuffle storage space, organize the mats, etc. TP from port to port figuring where stuff is. Yes, you can do it outside the game with spreadsheets and 3rd party tools but it's ridiculous that one has to. Quite frankly, it makes the beautiful piece of programming seem rather amateurish and the time wasted doing things like this just accentuate the time we have to sail distances and grind.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:28 PM, Cmdr RideZ said:

Constitution needs 150 combat marks, it has 250 battle rating.  It should annihilate cheap ships like Surprises, 100/140*250 = 179 -> 79% more BR.

Surprise has very good upwind sailing qualities, 4 stern chasers, it is very good to escape.  It really does not need to be even close as good as Connie in combat.

Essex does not need combat marks, but it is 225 BR frigate.  Essex vs Constitution is completely different story.  Still, Essex is priced way under Constitution so I suppose Constitution should be clearly better, or how do you set your pricing policies?

In my opinion, you should nerf Surprise or increase BR.  Someone could say it is OP vs price and BR.

Yes, sure, a good Constitution captain will always win vs Surprise, but a good Surprise captain will escape before it is too late.

I have understood that stronger the hull is more water pressure it can take.  Faster the ship goes more pressure it has to sustain.  Live Oak should be the fastest wood type if we went with laws of physics?  I understand that from game point of view that would be slightly boring.

Yeah lets remove speed from it. We already did that to Reno. How did that work out? Ship is dead.

Not everyone wants to sail with groups. Not everyone wants to sail heavy ships. Surprise is vulnerable it can be easily shaken off by experienced players.

Surp is not OP. Its just most people who sail it have decent skills

On 7/21/2017 at 4:48 AM, koltes said:

Oh so you were talking about me killing some outside KPR? Nice of you quoting me. Let me give you another quote from the same guide then since you have missed it ;) 

From top of my memory it was @Hilts on a snow who I tagged. Wasn't the first time and he's doing the right thing - sails what he can afford to lose and practices alot vs good PVPers. The guy is doing great. He was actually looking for a fight the way he acted. He is learning and every time we fight he gets craftier. The last battle (the one you have kindly described as "seal clubbing") he spoke back. We had a quick chat and I got his assurance that he will be back to kick my arse.
You have described him as a baby seal, but make no mistake. While he is lacking skill which will come later, you were witnessing a learning process of one of the future great PVPers. He will turn from prey into hunter sooner than you can run around the map. Mark my words.

Did  this caused any issues with PVP Leaderboard? Don't thinks so. But I sure as hell got more equal fights than ever before. People are out there, wanting to compete. Rewarding such desire is only natural.

Non tradeable paint to top 3 once a week is a good way to promote pvp.

OK, this is the last thing I have to say on the matter. No, it wasn't you. It was someone completely different.  The guy he was attacking was an Ensign, the lowest level, a brand new player. Absolutely you learn by getting killed, I have no problem with that. That's not my argument, my argument is:

The thrill and enjoyment of pvp should be motivation enough. Having rewards for pvp, yes, but a leaderboard reward only grants more stuff to the players who already have the most stuff and promotes the ganking of inexperienced players as that is the easiest way to get to the top of it. It's purely an exercise in ego massage, there's no need for it, and it promotes cowardly pvp tactics, eg. deliberately targeting inexperienced players.

The only reason to be pvping at KPR is to go against players that you know are less experienced and have less resources than you, with limited chance of revenge fleet as everyone knows the majority of experienced Brits are at Belize. So while they MIGHT be learning something by getting ganked and losing their ship to a more experienced player, the attacker is only killing a weaker player to get on their name on the leaderboard with little risk to themselves. There is always and was always pvp to be found, I havn't noticed any difference since the leaderboard was introduced, other than increased preying upon new players.

Eve Online has been there and done this. They don't have this for precisely this reason. Unfortunately there is an outside app called ZKillboard. It is generally universally acknowledged that this has a negative effect on pvp and player behaviour. However, at least with Zkillboard, with a little exploration, you can see who the cowards padding there killboards with easy kills and taking no risks, are. With this in game leaderboard the cowards are not even exposed. It's just sad imo and they should get rid of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

Unfortunately there is an outside app called ZKillboard. It is generally universally acknowledged that this has a negative effect on pvp and player behaviour.

First time I hear that eve players hate killboard. I liked it, and everyone I know liked it too. 

On 7/23/2017 at 2:50 PM, Flinch said:

My Lynx can still hit 15kn... faster if I took the longs off of it.