Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

• Victory marks will only be granted to captains with rank post captain and higher

I like this, so all those British players from the big British clans with Spanish alts who wanted to give the Spanish more ports in order to get Victory Marks from their trader alts had better start grinding their alts to get higher levels.

Maybe we'll concentrate more on capturing ports rather than giving away ports and weakening Britain in order to farm Spanish Victory Marks.

Getting alts just to farm Victory Marks will be more difficult now. Making Pay-To-Win a bit harder.

Edited by Michael Corvinus

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

On EU server Spain GB and DN already have a treaty to rotate mapwins to abuse the system of mapwins. Carebears abuse the system so they don't have to play the game. So maybe just drop it...

I am sorry if someone has this in place the other nation should attack them.

Just now, rediii said:

On EU server Spain GB and DN already have a treaty to rotate mapwins to abuse the system of mapwins. Carebears abuse the system so they don't have to play the game. So maybe just drop it...

I would love if they go back to a reward for the port battles attendies but they would abuse that too.   We busted our buts this week to kick the largest nation in the teeth on EU and now find out it's going to mean nothing getting that win.   I'm really just about to say F U this game......

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

My fir-fir Pirate Frigate is doing 13.5 knots? xD

Optimized Ballast - 1% speed

Cargo Distribution - 1% speed

Speed Trim - 2% (-10% HP, -5% turn speed)

Copper Plating - 2% speed

Bovenwind - 2% speed, 10% more crew on sailing

Gazelle - 2% speed, 10% more crew on sailing

Crooked Hull - 2% speed (-5% HP)

1% is nothing....so now I might as well scrap half the mods I bought/crafted over the last 2 months to build certain ships for certain jobs.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Topic updated

Update

Hotfix 2 (07/21/2017)  Fun for everyone

• The exclusive content despite being a good idea is not received well by the players. Victory marks could converted from combat marks on all servers. Players of less competitive nations would be able to get access to victory marks using pve or pvp (but a bit slower).
  • Speed upgrades and skill books rebalanced (severe nerf) - total bonuses from speed upgrades and wood types won't exceed 22-23% (previously 45% which was too much)
    • Wood types speed characteristics slightly rebalanced as well
  • Caps for thickness, armor and sail hp increased by 5%
  • Victory marks will only be granted to captains with rank post captain and higher
  • Fix bug when forts and towers did not spawn in battles

Thank you devs, will be interesting to see how this develops.

And I must ask, what is the point of having a speed cap? These nerfs are a good step in the right direction, but is the speed cap really needed any more? (Why was is implemented in the first place?

Signed
Demsity

• Like 1

Issue with upgrades was that same upgrade was giving same speed bonuses to 1st rates and 7th rates, which in reality the heavier the ship lesser should be the bonuses from the same upgrades. You must use linear coefficient to apply upgrade values to the ships differently

Im sorry but this new speed nerf is just as bad. Super fast is was bad, now everyone gonna be super slow.

The issue being on the same speed on the same POS still persists! Just at the lower speed. This kills solo hunters even faster than the 15kn speed cap

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Really you cave into the cry babies in one week.  What the point of getting a win and busting your butt for one Victory mark when I can just grind some fleets.  You keep taking the things that make PvP and RvR special for the players that do them cause the lazy folks that don't do them want the same rewards we busted our arse to get.

The speed nerf was needed, but you need to remove the cap at 15 kt so that the fast ships designed to be fast can be fast and the other ships can do what they are better at.   Would be nice to see what these changes are going to be cause a lot of folks have spent a lot on crafting certain ships that might now be pretty much useless for what they where made for.

I didn't see an issue with the thickness, armor and HP cap being at 20%

What about the guys that fought in Shallow water port battles?  Post Captain is rank 7 (350 crew).   I can understand limiting who gets what cause of alts, but what about the guys that Brought Mortar brigs or fought in shallow waters and busted there buts?   They get nothing while the lazy arm chair Admirals that sit in ports gain victory marks for others hard work.  Think about dropping this down to maybe Rank three (120 crew) for the new guys that might fight in shallow water port battles and bring ships like the Mortar Brig when they can't bring line ships.

Bug fix are all ways a good thing.......

Oh please. It's a good thing to make the VM available to everyone. At least now everyone can remain competitive and the map rounds make you win them faster so, it's good for everyone.
You are under the illusion that smaller nations sat on their ass and are lazy folks. You're ignorant. The point is not that people who don't bust their arse wanted the same rewards, the point was that people who did RVR but didn't make a chance in the system as it was now to at least have a way to maintain a fleet that is competitive.

The only ones that where lazy bums getting marks where your own nation members that never PVP'ed and alt accounts. So that has been solved with the post captain rank limitation.

So thank you devs, for balancing things out again.

Also, the speed nerfs change things up a bit, choises like crew vs speed need to be made and the speed meta has been dragged down to 13 knts which makes warships built to chase of pirates and privateers valuable again. I'm happy.

Edited by Captain MiniMe
  • Like 2

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

How to balance game by Game-Labs:

1. Add 7 speed mods to the game (before just 2)
  2. Make them all powerful, stackable
  3. Nerf them to useless state instead of removing from game

Don't forget buff thickness even more so now most ships cant even pen each other

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

Do you know something i don't???? i should know as i run politics in the danish nation..

7 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

How to balance game by Game-Labs:

1. Add 7 speed mods to the game (before just 2)
  2. Make them all powerful, stackable
  3. Nerf them to useless state instead of removing from game

25% bonuses (wood + upgrades+skillbooks) are good enough
45% was too bad 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Otto Kohl said:

I don't get all the whining... tho i do think you should make one permanent speedmod that gives +5% and a small other debuff craftable tho, so you can still stack them with the others but it won't be ridiculous...

When your lo/wo ship goes 11.5 and your bermuda one cant ever reach 13.5 and has so much debuffs now you know you hello kittyed up somewhere

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

25% bonuses (wood + upgrades+skillbooks) are good enough
45% was too bad 

thats not an issue. the issue was that all ships where the same. Now they are still the same, just slower.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zoky said:

When your lo/wo ship goes 11.5 and your bermuda one cant ever reach 13.5 and has so much debuffs now you know you hello kittyed up somewhere

Well i havent tested the wood characteristics yet, would be good to know tbh. In theory this sounds like ships with high base speed as well heavier built ships actually matter again...

The forum asks you to remove the 15 kn caps and what do you do? Do you nerf all speed upgrades leaving the malus unchanged, but doing the benefits useless? Really brilliant! Now I understand, we serve you to test the human capacity to endure, this is not a game, it's a social experiment!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, koltes said:

thats not an issue. the issue was that all ships where the same. Now they are still the same, just slower.

they are not going to be the same

Old patch

• Fully rigged Victory could reach 15.35 - capped at 15 (total bonuses 42%)
  • Fully rigged Constitution could reach 17.37 - capped at 15 (total bonuses 42%)

After upgrade rebalance

• Victory can reach 13.19 (total bonuses 22%)
  • Constitution can reach 14.92 (total bonuses 22%)

The bonuses were too high. 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, admin said:

Old patch

• Fully rigged Constitution could reach 17.37 - capped at 15 (total bonuses 42%)

After upgrade rebalance

so reduce the bonus for the higher the ship rate dont just nerf everything and add 20% sailing crew required wtf is that about

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, admin said:

Topic updated

Update

Hotfix 2 (07/21/2017)  Fun for everyone

• The exclusive content despite being a good idea is not received well by the players. Victory marks could converted from combat marks on all servers. Players of less competitive nations would be able to get access to victory marks using pve or pvp (but a bit slower).
  • Speed upgrades and skill books rebalanced (severe nerf) - total bonuses from speed upgrades and wood types won't exceed 22-23% (previously 45% which was too much)
    • Wood types speed characteristics slightly rebalanced as well
  • Caps for thickness, armor and sail hp increased by 5%
  • Fix bug when forts and towers did not spawn in battles

May we have a translation of "The exclusive content despite being a good idea is not received well by the players. Victory marks could converted from combat marks on all servers. Players of less competitive nations would be able to get access to victory marks using pve or pvp (but a bit slower)." into English?

I'm sorry, but that statement simply makes on sense to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael Corvinus said:

Things will be up in the air until the wood type speeds are sorted. Making Victory Marks will prevent a lot of people farming VMs with low level Spanish alts. I'm well in favor of that

Yah I was going to make a ship but won't touch any crafting until we know the new wood numbers.  ALl my speed mods are pretty much useless as 1% is pretty much pointless and now I have a Speed Bucc that takes 40% more crew to sale the ship cause two speed mods take 10% crew and Staysails takes 20%

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Old patch

After upgrade rebalance

That build must be fir/fir... so it doesn't matter what that does on paper, the ships stay shit in battle. Just remove patch and remove speedcap with next "hotfix" thank you!

• Like 1

Just now, William Drayman said:

May we have a translation of "The exclusive content despite being a good idea is not received well by the players. Victory marks could converted from combat marks on all servers. Players of less competitive nations would be able to get access to victory marks using pve or pvp (but a bit slower)." into English?

I'm sorry, but that statement simply makes on sense to me.

You can convert Combats marks to Victory marks on all servers.