Game-Labs Forum

Mega Patch 10.0

admin

I want to say to the DEVS: I am pleased with the Path10 (incl. the hotfixes until today). I need to invest more time to see how the other things (bigger ships, refits, PBs, Ship Crafting..) work, but until now it seems the changes are good. I like the 1 Dura thing and that money is valueable finally. I dont like the ship knowledge grind, i think it is a bit too much. Maybe adjust the game a bit to make it more easy for beginners

Howdy!

I'm here to say that I quit. I give up, at least for a month, or more if there's no significant changes to the game as it is right now. I don't have enough time to grind that much money to buy/craft a ship that I can lose in a blink of an eye in pvp. Napoléon Bonaparte once said : "Respect the burden" to what I would add the following : "[...] of grinding in naval action". I get it, you wanted to make the game more simulator-like and I truly think it's a good idea. But the fact is, I can't take it anymore. Even though I have more than 400hrs in this game, I consider myself as a casual player. The game isn't for casual players anymore. Truth is, after the patch release, I didn't have any fun. The economy need to be fixed.

I continue to believe the community for this game is awesome. The clan I was working with (RDNN) is composed of true gentlemen! The port battles, the pvp, the trading system; everything was fine before the patch in my opinion. The patch has really good things too! I have to say, the devs are doing a great job! Again, Napoleon said : "The only victory over love is flight". My point is that if I want to remember Naval action as a great game I used to love, I have to leave it there as a good memory and not become overwhelmed by the hardcore phylosophy it became.

I know some players will read this post saying to themselves "Stop crying, you f***ing piece of c***. You can quit, we don't care, b****!". True, but the goal of this post is to tell the devs they are actually slowly killing the game if they keep going that direction. As a matter of fact, I'm not the only one leaving this great journey : two of my friends are deserting with me. We also had plans to make buy the game to other friends, yet we told them not to after the patch. We are at work/university all day long, and we don't want to keep "working" over night. We want to relax and have fun.

I hope you guys take into consideration my opinion. A once Emperor nicknamed "Le petit caporal (The short corporal)" (I'll let you guess his real name) once said : "From triumph to downfall there is one but step". I urge the devs not to make that step!

Otherwise, thanks for the ride! It was fun while it lasted! 

Fritz Hermann

Edited by Fritz Hermann

On May 30, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Snoggy said:

Sure, let me just TP to a freeport so I can attack nations in their home waters... oh... wait....you can't.

Or let me just capture a bigger ship, that makes sense right? Oh.. wait... I can't.

Pirates are a nation, not pirates, we've been through this before. Till there are pirate mechanics we're a nation that's been nerfed cause the carebears get mad when they lose.

Pirates are a nation. That is just how it happens to be at the moment.  

Pirate Econ is always best when your stealing their goods and putting them in your warehouse or auction.  But this now takes some pre planning.  I would suggest you get enough pirates together to take the SouthEastern tip of Cuba.  This gives great options on British commerce on both sides of Jamaica as well as let's you hunt La Navasse and Cayman Brac. In the North use Niagaras out of shallow Pirate Bahama ports to harass the USA. Current cargo ships can't handle them well.  Tip of Florida will get you Spanish Econ targets.   Almost all Econ is currently nation Capital centric.  So it is practical to get teleporting bases set up to harass Econ of Brits, USA and Spanish.  French, Dane, Swede, Dutch Econ can still be assaulted but it will take a serious commitment as you have to sail to a single Freeport and plan to be there for a week or more in one spot.

3 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Speed is capped to 15kn.

Sailing profile is respected or not?

It is 15kn to the best point of the wind, or it makes sailing profile a circle?  15kn to every point, if that speed can be reached.

I've always taken it to mean sailing profile a circle. As I recall that's how PotBS aopplied it, and nothing else really makes sense. But I haven't tested it.

It would be cool if we'd get a warning for when we restore crew in OW using rum. Being the clumsy n00b I am, i have missclicked a few times already and clicked Rum instead of Hull repairs, so it used up all the rum and I would not have any left in battle to restore crew there.

• Like 2

Is it possible to suffer (due to the way the server works)18 battles from the other 6 nations at the same hour and loose the hard work of weeks or months in a couple of hours????. It looks that the mechanics of the game allow this kind of gameplay, of course many players could have the urge to abandon the game in this context (unless the have huge numbers in the server and be able to defend them all) 

I want to think this was not intended by the Dev`s and a simple limitation in the number of port battles that can receive a nation during a day shoul fix the problem very easily, otherwise a nation (any nation) can be wiped out from the map in a couple of days.

On 02/06/2017 at 8:59 PM, Liquicity said:

It would be cool if we'd get a warning for when we restore crew in OW using rum. Being the clumsy n00b I am, i have missclicked a few times already and clicked Rum instead of Hull repairs, so it used up all the rum and I would not have any left in battle to restore crew there.

I've only use rum on OW once and it used all the rum I carried to restore crew I never had. Is this normal? Did I miss a slider to choose the quantity to restore or amount of rum to use?

In the next battle my ghost crew fired guns like blind zombies - clearly they'd been taking lessons from the regulars. But in boarding they were awesome :)

• Like 1

So an enemy player traders brig entered a midshipman mission right infront of me. I noticed I couldn't join due to the fact that you can't join missions in a ship bigger than the mission's AI are.

IMO this is ok, as long as it only affects one nation. Raiders shouldnt have to be punished for it, as I would have easily caught the trader in my example. Escaping to a safe 4th dimension, idk
I would have had to wait up to 105 minutes for him to come out, as he could have just run and wait until the batte was over after 90 minutes, as AI doesnt escape. After that another 15 minutes until he gets kicked out to Open World.

Another Feature? :)

DA72DF6098A32ADA300D50A711B3D87ED5E2FF76

Some annoying stuff to prevent the enemy from getting PvP marks:

• if you are going to die anyway (lets say you and your buddy are demasted and are against 4) and one of you catches fire you can just blow up your friend and the enemy wont get marks for him
  • If you are a pirate in an instance and know a fleet is waiting outside to smash you, you can quickly start an outlaw battle and enemies wont get any marks for you

Its nothing really major but certainly annoying.

I also think way too many ships go in fire shock and blow up when they think that they will die anyway because there is nothing to lose through this.

• Like 2

After a good week of trying this patch I only have a few dislikes. In the pve server I dislike the fact that trade resource limiter is turned in because all the European players trade everything and when usa wakes up we are empty handed or really hard to make money

Yes, I can see how it would be annoying, you put time and effort into fighting  a ship only to be robbed of your reward by the opposing Captain scuttling his command. I think in your first point it would either be a case of scuttling by mutual consent between the two captains or one of the Captains cannot manoeuvre away from the burning ship, you would almost be reliant on the word of the officers involved as to which scenario applied.

With Outlaw battles I can think of nothing more frustrating than having the enemy dead to rights only to have them fight each other accepting minimal damage in order to get away under invisibility after coming out of the fight, Outlaw battles I think do have a place, but not as a mechanism to evade combat with national forces. 

Your third point again comes, in part, back to Scuttling a ship, According to the Articles of War a Captain may not unnecessarily hazard his ship or his crew under pain of death, (which are cited by the DEVs as being applicable but with no real means to apply them). The Scuttling, or in fact any loss of a warship would see a Captain before a Board of Inquiry at the very least in order to examine his conduct of the battle, In game there are no Boards of Inquiry to decide if an Captain may have hazarded his command or not and should be forwarded to Courts Martial or not, there is of course a form of Courts Martial in the shape of the Tribunal freely available to all Captains. I think, you would agree in a game that would be time consuming and equally annoying unless there is reasonable doubt about the circumstances of the loss.

I suspect that this will be a source of annoyance for some time to come.

It''s all going rather well, but for a couple of points at the moment.

The economy is broken to the point, its been about a week and already a lot of ports are backed up with the popular goods.
The margins are poor and there are not enough medium to high quantities to ship.

The XP for unlocking ships, what can I say?
Its a reasonable idea and I think it can work well, but it needs reducing just a tad.
I don't like the fact that I have to fully unlock say the Aga to level 5 to be able to unlock the Bellona at level 3.
I'd respect level 1 and maybe level 2 at a push, but 5 levels is way too much.
No one expects to unlock a ship in a week, but it is way too high at the moment.

So from the RCB's, can you look at kicking the economy up a bit and reduce the XP required from other ships please?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Liquicity said:

So an enemy player traders brig entered a midshipman mission right infront of me. I noticed I couldn't join due to the fact that you can't join missions in a ship bigger than the mission's AI are.

IMO this is ok, as long as it only affects one nation. Raiders shouldnt have to be punished for it, as I would have easily caught the trader in my example. Escaping to a safe 4th dimension, idk
I would have had to wait up to 105 minutes for him to come out, as he could have just run and wait until the batte was over after 90 minutes, as AI doesnt escape. After that another 15 minutes until he gets kicked out to Open World.

Another Feature? :)

I do wholeheartedly agree with the limitation.

Invading the missions - especially with the intent of scavenging for repairs - is indeed a feature. It is already a rakish move but would be completely offhand to do it in cruise frigates.

Need to do it ? 7th and 6th rates. Not that the mission maker can do anything about it.

On the other hand I think you might be able to invade fleet missions, and those might have ships frigate size. !? ( haven't tested those )

Just now, The Red Duke said:

I do wholeheartedly agree with the limitation.

Invading the missions - especially with the intent of scavenging for repairs - is indeed a feature. It is already a rakish move but would be completely offhand to do it in cruise frigates.

I see your point, if it was a 6th rate I wouldn't even have chased it so my initial post wouldnt exist.

But do you think a trader should be able to escape into missions, at all? I dont think so

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

I see your point, if it was a 6th rate I wouldn't even have chased it so my initial post wouldnt exist.

But do you think a trader should be able to escape into missions, at all? I dont think so

:) He wouldn't have escaped a 6th rate or a 7th rate even by entering a mission ( which he kept at hand and was right there in that exact spot... what are the chances huh ). That is my point. Works both ways.

Just wanted to say great job devs. This patch is the right path.

You have balls of steel and did exactly what needed to be done.

The 98% of the 'community' won't say it, so I will. They were wrong and you were right.

• Like 4

Patch is growing on me. Game has intensified which is a good thing.    Just wondering when the teleport with full cargo back to capital will be removed.  I think this was delayed to give players a chance to build up without getting ganked over and over.  It happens.   When they stop that, PVP trader hunting will commence.  Yikes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EL LOCO said:

Patch is growing on me. Game has intensified which is a good thing.    Just wondering when the teleport with full cargo back to capital will be removed.  I think this was delayed to give players a chance to build up without getting ganked over and over.  It happens.   When they stop that, PVP trader hunting will commence.  Yikes.

When remove teleport to capital, they should allow defensive tags from traders ships against combat ships regardless the Battle Rating difference.

As it is now, If you are in a traders snow or traders brig (the biggest ships that runs shallow waters) you will get caught and sink no matter what if the hunter is in a surprise (and he is not a total noob). If a hunter cross your pass you are dead anyway, since he is faster both in OS and in the combat instance and he is able to tag you where and when he decides.

Adding the option for the trader to countertag will make the hunting of traders much more a real challenge for both parts.

Edited by victor