Game-Labs Forum

Mega Patch 10.0

admin

12 minutes ago, Yowilly said:

well that just sucks

i was thinking of making my new ingame name Capt two toes magoo but it looks like someone beat me to it.

Yaaaaaarrrrrr.   

Me be sailing in circles now and loving it!

glad god I mean gps is gone!

• Like 1

Rules and more rules! I miss the time when the game was arena. There were no rules! That's when I played 1,000 hours. After the game created an open world, the rules ruined the fun and I stopped playing. If I just like pvp, I can not make money to buy ships, because I do not like to trade. With this update, I will not be able to steal ships. Probably, I will not like the update and I will continue without playing.

Teleport! I hate that! I can not understand how this game can not find the path to happiness!

17 minutes ago, Pentadao said:

Rules and more rules! I miss the time when the game was arena. There were no rules! That's when I played 1,000 hours. After the game created an open world, the rules ruined the fun and I stopped playing. If I just like pvp, I can not make money to buy ships, because I do not like to trade. With this update, I will not be able to steal ships. Probably, I will not like the update and I will continue without playing.

Teleport! I hate that! I can not understand how this game can not find the path to happiness!

they're making a pvp arena game for you.  its just not this game any longer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin Can we get a ship learning tree now so we know what ships we need to learn to go up what line. It's changed some or a few ships we aren't sure what is needed.

Thanks

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

What is the step by step process for changing a nation and changing name without losing xp or the redeemables?  Thanks. This sounds precarious and don't want to make any changes until I absolutely am sure I can do so without losing everything!  

Game seems pretty stable. Seen a few NPC ships sailing on the land but liking the new game very much, good to see foreign npc fleets pretty available to attack. resources for trading seem fine so far. Enjoying it immensely, great job devs! :)

I don't remember reading that thiese things were leaving the game:

1. Friendly forts/towers no longer fire on enemy?

2. Friendly fleets no longer drawn in if they are in the circles?

Neither seems to be happening.

Wonderful stuff guys. I hope the devs realize that those people who complain about every little detail and wail about the devs being "Idiots" or useless" are just a very vocal minority. Don't get put down guys! The majority of the community is with you. With tuning, Naval Action could be on the road to a great release.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

I don't remember reading that thiese things were leaving the game:

1. Friendly forts/towers no longer fire on enemy?

2. Friendly fleets no longer drawn in if they are in the circles?

Neither seems to be happening.

I had a friendly fleet come in with one of my fights, but I have not seen the forts fire at my enemy in any battle so far.

4 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I play on EU, I am from EU, nice.

Numbers are still low.  I believe we can pretty safely say that time to remove that port timer, invent something better and merge Global.

Fully agree. We would have over 1k people online for most of he day if the two pvp servers were merged.

At this point I can only play on global if I want RVR, and the numbers are not very exciting unless we get a flood of people in the next few days.

Yesterday sailed long distance to Windward Islands. The only thing that saved me from being hopelessly lost was the county sign popped up. Today took a mission "spitting distance" from port but it was a storm. Spent 3 game days so far trying to find the mission and cannot! Now as someone pointed out even during the time period they had partial navigation. We can still F11 and get XY and find the  position (if I can find my old map). So why remove coordinates completely? I know some purists will talk about realistic navigation. But I also I remember purists wanting realistic OW sailing times and realistic manual sails where every sail must be individually managed. Without some form of navigation aid the game can become very time consuming and unnecessarily frustrating.

P.S just checked and still a storm!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

Very. I haven't had one disconnect in many hours today and ping on all servers better. 

I have had a different experience. 1 complete disconnect  (thrown out to the login screen) / several occasions where inputs where refused for 5-10 seconds. All just as I prepared to board  and approach ai ships. Also 1 instance where I approach a sinking ai to plunder it, and where teleported about 100 yards to the other side of the wreck facing the wrong way, so when I finaly turned and got near enough it was too late.