Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 7 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

1 hour ago, sveno said:

This thread is about the newest hotfix, i think the last two pages went a little off-topic (not that this discussion is interesting).

Lets make it easy for the devs to screen this hotfix feedback thread.

Splitted some posts into a new topic: Sandboxes and player categories

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I think the current conversation about work to rewards is incredibly relevant. These hotfixes are part of this discussion since they are trying to balance this aspect. Which seems to a lot of people including myself, to be very all over the place and certainly would thus indicate the devs don't know what that balance is in terms of this game, which thus makes this conversation relevant. 0/10 points for trying to b a forum warrior 

Yes though a specific topic helps the reading and discussion.

• Like 2

Sometimes I don't understand what trader tools is show me.

For example, I can't find trading goods that have dot in column P. All dots are in column either in A or C. Trader tool shows that Assam Tea available (column A have dots) in Islet. If i bought all assam tea in Islet then it will spawn there in some time. So Islet must have dot in column P too.

1 minute ago, qw569 said:

For example, I can't find trading goods that have dot in column P. All dots are in column either in A or C. Trader tool shows that Assam Tea available (column A have dots) in Islet. If i bought all assam tea in Islet then it will spawn there in some time. So Islet must have dot in column P too.

Afaik P means you can get a building there, which you can't for trading goods

A = Available after maintenance

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, qw569 said:

The way I understand the dots in trader tool:

P = you can have a productions building for the ressource (iron ore mine)

A = ai will sell ressource there (european traders?)

C = ressource is consumed there (ai buy ressource at better prices)

Edited by GreasyMnky
typo
  • Like 1

Maybe I did not search at the right place, but I did not find how to craft traders, except snow and brig. Where trader lynxs, trader cutter, Le Gros Centre and Indianmans removed from the list of craftable ships? 

4 minutes ago, Eléazar de Damas said:

Maybe I did not search at the right place, but I did not find how to craft traders, except snow and brig. Where trader lynxs, trader cutter, Le Gros Centre and Indianmans removed from the list of craftable ships? 

Lynx and Cutter still not fixed from Hotfix 2. LGV and Indiaman won't be craftable - I wonder whether this is what Trading Manifests will be for.

For the moment, Indianmans can't be crafted and can't be purchased from ports. This type simply disappeared. 

Could be added as a special reward for completion of trading missions. 

14 hours ago, qw569 said:

• Like 2

I have to say, that is quite an irritation moment, when one can not get there in time, before an enemy ship sinks. So i decided to prepare just before and keep close. Yesterday i did just that, tagged an essex in my surprise, close to a town so ill get suport from the defences. The battle went my way all the way to the end, so the essex was sinking, when, beeing to close to the target, got pulled and boarded. ☹

So instead of the easy kill that i was on my way to get ... got killed by an npc!

8 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

I have to say, that is quite an irritation moment, when one can not get there in time, before an enemy ship sinks. So i decided to prepare just before and keep close. Yesterday i did just that, tagged an essex in my surprise, close to a town so ill get suport from the defences. The battle went my way all the way to the end, so the essex was sinking, when, beeing to close to the target, got pulled and boarded. ☹

So instead of the easy kill that i was on my way to get ... got killed by an npc!

You can still loot a ship after it's sunk, for a minute or two.
Need to be very careful when next to an AI ship; If they have more crew than you, they will always try to board, if the speed allows it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Liquicity said:

You can still loot a ship after it's sunk, for a minute or two.
Need to be very careful when next to an AI ship; If they have more crew than you, they will always try to board, if the speed allows it.

Although I think if the opponent is "sunk" it can no longer initiate a boarding. You do still have just a minute or two if it sinks slowly and you're close enough to get the "X" and transfer cargo. 

So far, the changes to combat make it very thrilling. Cannons do more damage, ships are less thick, as well as losing thickness over the course of the battle. I think it was an admin or developer who posted that mistakes in combat would be less forgiving - this is certainly true!

Unrelated to testing, I hope we get some new content soon. What is "French Sail Cloth" for? The curiosity is killing me!

There are a few things I hope to see in the next hotfix or release version of this patch.

1. adjustments to hostility grind. Only areas that seem to successfully be grinding a region are ones with the most dense traffic such as the island chains in the East. Something needs to be introduced to replace what missions once did and/or tweaks to the NPC ships in their regions

2. Fix war supplies. Right now they still require copper which is not in the game anymore apart from being found on wrecks or NPC ships. 

3. What will happen to gold and silver since they are not as significant if at all an impact on ship building. Maybe turn them into a way to purchase certain items in admiralty or make them a mid-level trade good.

4. slight tweak to rate of production from buildings. It does not bother me much where it is right now but I understand where people are coming from when they say it is too slow.

5. What is the value of a trade transcript?

I really have enjoyed what this patch is turning out to be. I am very excited to see it go live with the wipe.

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

So far, the changes to combat make it very thrilling. Cannons do more damage, ships are less thick, as well as losing thickness over the course of the battle. I think it was an admin or developer who posted that mistakes in combat would be less forgiving - this is certainly true!

Unrelated to testing, I hope we get some new content soon. What is "French Sail Cloth" for? The curiosity is killing me!

normal sail canvas was a beige/ dirty yellow colour ... french sail cloth was pure white ......they usually cut it into squares and hoisted it on there flagstaff when an enemy appeared :blink:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

normal sail canvas was a beige/ dirty yellow colour ... french sail cloth was pure white ......they usually cut it into squares and hoisted it on there flagstaff when an enemy appeared :blink:

You must have found an old French stock of them in Saigon when you surrended in April 1975.:D

Edited by Alanxo
  • Like 1

Bugs (all F11 reported). Apologies for any duplication of reported bugs.

1. Double Shot - in a narrow range band of about 125-150m a broadside of double shot goes wacky with a higher than normal trajectory - tends to hit sails. Only happens at that range and when firing a broadside. Firing a single gun at that range with double shot works as normal. Firing a broadside of double shot at other ranges works fine.

2. Pickle speed changes - when increasing sails from Battle to Slow setting speed drops several knots rather than increasing (note: tested whilst sailing a straight course so speed change is not affected by course change). Reducing sail from Slow to Battle works fine. Increasing from Battle to Half or Full works fine. Not proved if any other single step increases (e.g. Slow to Half) have a similar effect but have some suspicions. Possible coding issue with a negative value instead of a positive value being applied to speed?

3. Land Ships - Ships/Fleets sailing through land and appearing from 'behind' Christiansted and heading out to the NW and NE.

Edited by NavalActionPlayer
  • Like 1

I'm grinding slots on my Connie, maxed out 2 Knowledge slots and the 3rd slot was for unlocking 4 slots to an Endymion.  Why are we not unlocking knowledge slot for the class of ship your sailing?   And What Ship Unlocks the Connie's slots beyond 2?

Agreed sneaky.   We need a post to outline all the changes that will be implemented on live after wipe.   That will be of great benefit.  And assistance.  Or we can wait for Jeheil to summarize.  

4 hours ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

Bugs (all F11 reported). Apologies for any duplication of reported bugs.

1. Double Shot - in a narrow range band of about 125-150m a broadside of double shot goes wacky with a higher than normal trajectory - tends to hit sails. Only happens at that range and when firing a broadside. Firing a single gun at that range with double shot works as normal. Firing a broadside of double shot at other ranges works fine.

2. Pickle speed changes - when increasing sails from Battle to Slow setting speed drops several knots rather than increasing (note: tested whilst sailing a straight course so speed change is not affected by course change). Reducing sail from Slow to Battle works fine. Increasing from Battle to Half or Full works fine. Not proved if any other single step increases (e.g. Slow to Half) have a similar effect but have some suspicions. Possible coding issue with a negative value instead of a positive value being applied to speed?

3. Land Ships - Ships/Fleets sailing through land and appearing from 'behind' Christiansted and heading out to the NW and NE.

4. Ship full of water after repairs - Ship was fairly full of water at end of a battle. Exited to OW, sailed to port, repaired in port. Left port, new battle. Ship still full of water even though hull was 100%. Water was pumped out - about 98% anyway. Summary: repairs outside of the battle instance don't remove water from the hull, unlike on Live server.

Edited by NavalActionPlayer

5 hours ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

Land Ships - Ships/Fleets sailing through land and appearing from 'behind' Christiansted and heading out to the NW and NE.

Ghost ships always seem to find their way back into the game. : )

I was curious about building a Niagara so I thought I would check out the craft recipe. But it's not on the list!

Like the Rattlesnake and Ingermanland, will we ever see the Niagara again?

Good thing I have one to test with from the store, but I would love to try some builds with these new woods of course.