Game-Labs Forum

Testbed: Content patch - 9.98 deployed

admin

The biggest problem I have right now is Spain is rolling most of the ports.  It made it hard to get some things done when the ports aren't pirate any more that Iw as trying to craft in a few weeks ago and I don't want to remake the char as I have crafting levels and would loose the redeemable ships I have if I di that.   Kinda annoying we are all at craftin level zero on there.  Hell annoying I don't get prize for teh stupid missions.  I was trying to get crafting up to make an essex so I don't use the mission defualt one, but I think I'm going to just give up on that until next week.

2 hours ago, Remus said:

I was disappointed to miss yesterday's window. There was definitely a PB on Friday for the winner - the only combatant - told me about it as he was sailing around in his Cerberus :). What's the plan - do you just open a window when one of you wants a play?

Unsure to be honest. Was not focused on opening one of them.

So I captured a trader earlier, but figured out I could not add it to my fleet:

58e704a0df24b_NA009.thumb.jpg.fdb61f2d4fe18acd3b91767a7f063d87.jpg

58e704b09aed7_NA010.thumb.jpg.51978ffa7a52d10e2c06ab073c8fae48.jpg

011.thumb.jpg.804b853d54b5bce0d5eb9c6724474429.jpg

The thing I noticed was different from live server is when you capture the ship, you can not send her to an outpost or friendly port. If you take command of the captured ship to be able to carry the whole cargo, you have to sink your original ship to leave this menu and exit to OW or friendly port.

To be able to add a ship to your fleet, one has to get perks that allow you to add 1, 2 or 3 slots in your fleet. However, after my second hunt and captured another trader and added it to my fleet (now with the perk), I could not fit the cargo in my hold. It only showed my original ship's hold!

Someone in an other post had mentioned something about not having timers in the middle of the screen, I think it would be a great idea to move them out of the way:

58e7067cdbe36_NA008.thumb.jpg.b879dd4f9f5096ee3c6f8bc8060caf78.jpg

In this case, the timer sits there for 30 min! so moving it (or them, when you first log in, there are like 2-3 timers) to the side, any side would be great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AngryPanCake said:

To be able to add a ship to your fleet, one has to get perks that allow you to add 1, 2 or 3 slots in your fleet. However, after my second hunt and captured another trader and added it to my fleet (now with the perk), I could not fit the cargo in my hold. It only showed my original ship's hold!

Working as intended (as I understand it) - for this patch. It is next week's patch that will allow you to use fleet ships' holds in battle. But you should still have been able to use take command and send your original ship to fleet, as on the live servers.

I think teleporting captured ships to outpost is now permanently off the menu, but nearest friendly port for you and your fleet is still in.

They are reworking perks (more than what is is already on place on Testbed). Several people have asked for signalling, control, prepared and doctor to be permanent for everyone, and I would say that 1 fleet ship slot should be added as well. Capturing traders is the easiest way to get gold when you are starting out, but if you have to throw your own ship away in the process it rather takes away the pleasure. It's okay if you're only sailing a basic cutter, but I like the idea of new players (hell, all players) experimenting with different ships, so if you've paid good money for a Lynx you are placed in a terrible dilemma.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Remus said:

Working as intended (as I understand it) - for this patch. It is next week's patch that will allow you to use fleet ships' holds in battle. (1) But you should still have been able to use take command and send your original ship to fleet, as on the live servers.

I think teleporting captured ships to outpost is now permanently off the menu, but nearest friendly port for you and your fleet is still in.

They are reworking perks (more than what is is already on place on Testbed). Several people have asked for signalling, control, prepared and doctor to be permanent for everyone, and (2) I would say that 1 fleet ship slot should be added as well. Capturing traders is the easiest way to get gold when you are starting out, but if you have to throw your own ship away in the process it rather takes away the pleasure. It's okay if you're only sailing a basic cutter, but I like the idea of new players (hell, all players) experimenting with different ships, so if you've paid good money for a Lynx you are placed in a terrible dilemma.

1- I did not think I could. When I right clicked on my original ship, the "Take Command, Send Ship to Fleet" options did not appear, actually no options at all. Only the captured ship had those option upon right click. This was before adding the fleet perk. I'll double check again later today.

2- I think you are right, a single fleet slot to start with would be beneficial at early stage of game play. If I understand the fleet perks well, does this mean one can only have a max of 3 ships in any given fleet, in addition to the original ship?

2 hours ago, AngryPanCake said:

1- I did not think I could. When I right clicked on my original ship, the "Take Command, Send Ship to Fleet" options did not appear, actually no options at all. Only the captured ship had those option upon right click. This was before adding the fleet perk. I'll double check again later today.

2- I think you are right, a single fleet slot to start with would be beneficial at early stage of game play. If I understand the fleet perks well, does this mean one can only have a max of 3 ships in any given fleet, in addition to the original ship?

1. Unless my memory is flawed (entirely possible) it works the same on Testbed as Live. Right click captured ship to take command. Everything in your hold automatically transfers to the captured ship's hold and the unassigned loot remains waiting to be assigned. Now right click your original ship and add to fleet.

2. As far as I am aware, yes, but I have only added the 2 ship perk and I haven't tried adding a third ship to test it. I recall seeing I could add more ships to fleet in port than I had perks for, but the limit was placed on the number I could tick, but I'm not absolutely sure of this. I also think - as a supplement to an earlier post - that you can move cargo around between fleet ships and warehouse in port using the Fleet window, without having to send ships  to dock. But all of this may change next week.

By the way, in one of the previous Patch posts, admin had indicated they will have a poll to all the following patches. I think it is a good idea, at least to have a general assessment of what has been deployed.

I hope the practice will continue.

Thank you.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:51 AM, PIerrick de Badas said:

You need to spend points in fleet rank on your own perk to be able to deal with boarding ship ir'you can just take' it for you and sunk your actual ship.

The only thing is kinda wish they had a send to Admiralty command if you don't have the perk to get a small pay out.   I got a feeling we are going to see less folks boarding and those that do will be the only ones to have the fleet perks. We will also see less folks with fleets at they have to spend the perks to have the extra ship and if they want to capture a ship than they need to keep the slot open too.

@admin any update on this patch this week?  Ya'll normally drop them on Tuesdays nights (actually Wed morning) though haven't always been the case and ya'll done Testbed at random times since the server doesn't even go down for maintenance.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin Any update if the patch will make it to testbed this week?

Have they said anything this week about anything. I donot think I will be coming back for more than a hour at a time, until something is done and/or we know more. To many other games.

18 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Have they said anything this week about anything. I donot think I will be coming back for more than a hour at a time, until something is done and/or we know more. To many other games.

not a word if it's dropping this week on testbed.  I'll be back once that happens, but right now I been playing TC Ghost-recon Wildlands to kill time.  I'm hoping they prove us wrong and get it updated today but I'm not getting my hopes up.   Cause if they knew they would make a certain date I'm sure they would post it.

• Like 1

Well it's Friday eve UTC time so unless it drops some reason on this weekend and I don't think they have ever patched anything other than hot fix on a weekend than guess once again something wasn't delivered on time and we will yet again sit around waiting another week or month (for the live patch).   

Would be nice if the Devs actually update this for us so we know hay it might be in a day or two or week or two and stop wasting our time sitting around wondering what is going on.

Oh and since it's Easter weekend I'm going to state for sure we aren't getting it this weekend.   Well hope every one has a good and joyful weekend with there families.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Well it's Friday eve UTC time so unless it drops some reason on this weekend and I don't think they have ever patched anything other than hot fix on a weekend than guess once again something wasn't delivered on time and we will yet again sit around waiting another week or month (for the live patch).   

Would be nice if the Devs actually update this for us so we know hay it might be in a day or two or week or two and stop wasting our time sitting around wondering what is going on.

Oh and since it's Easter weekend I'm going to state for sure we aren't getting it this weekend.   Well hope every one has a good and joyful weekend with there families.

Testbed server is updating now.

• Like 3

Just now, Sven Silberbart said:

"Unlock 4 Slot on Mercury" ?!

Sailing in Renomme. 2 Slots unlocked then the 3rd cant unlocked because of this.

Please devs: "Say this is a bug". I hope this is not what u want.

Dont force us to level lower ships to unlock the slots of bigger ones!