Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

8 hours ago, koltes said:

I don't know why you bringing this up again, but I hope this will be the last one. This statement has nothing to do with politics that we have because there is no racism in the game. Those who allowed themselves any racism remarks were banned long ago.

They have thrown racial remarks around, which I reported, yet nothing has changed. They do not hide their ideology when they stream. I am calling them what they are. 

Going along with what @JobaSet said previously, I have nothing against the pirates, Danmark, France, United States, or even Cordova who straight up hates me. I am not bothered talking to any of them if they so wish to do so. It is just a game. We are all here to have fun. But one mans fun is another mans misery at times.  This is not targeted at pirates only or just your allies. This goes for everyone. It just comes all the way back to the server population being as low as it is which is no one individuals fault. Just reminds we when playing wasteland on Arma 2. There would always be a guy on the server that felt that the only way they could have fun is flying around destroying everything. Worse of them would be the ones that would have all respawns timed and use a mi-8 loaded with rockets. Not to mention it would kill peoples FPS and will usually crash games for people with not strong internet connections.

All I ask is dont be a mi-8 kitty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiroVbXwH68

Edited by Davos Seasworth

A way to end all the bitching was already thought of long time ago and was almost implemented with nation reset. Winner and Losers one nation could take over another Nation.  To this Day I do not understand why this was not done.  Think about it for a Min you lose all your other county's then you lost your capital City you were absorbed into the Nation that defeated you or you could just re roll into the other Nation. When it got down to 2 put a timer on it like 8 weeks who ever has the most county's.... Wins. Then reset map or everything don't really matter.. bam easy, 1/2 the server get something epic for winning. And go at it again, It would never be the same and always insane 
Side NOTE: But the 2 Things I would do different than from what it is now,   If you captured a Nation you get 1/2 their possible Port battle they can have so now you can Have 3 scheduled port battles. Getting them all would cause a Zerg.(Round up so the larger Nation that have already absorb one or more and has 3 or 4 you could get 2, kinda Protects smaller nations, people are greedy and it keeps a Balance with the force)  The other is when you got someone down to 5 or 3 ports The porst would have 5 or 7 xtra AI of that Rate, BUT, on the Capital City battle give an xtra 10 AI 1st Rates(Should be a 1st rate battle anyways),  the Capital Battle would be 35 Ver 25 and No Timer and make it a Death match(Have to figure out the Running off to lala Land problem tho, but this Game Loves Circles).  Even BLACK in its hayday would think twice. But omg it would be so EPIC, on such a grand Scale, this game has Never Seen before. I have some ideas that would make your head spin that would never get implemented but are cool to think about.

So in Other words your nation gets a beat down and US absorbs you, your nation lost that war, but not necessarily the world war, It would put Fighting(PVP), Tatics(PVE combined with PVP) and resources(PVE) to the for front and make for a Perfect Game. I bet you would see hundreds if not thousands of players come back. Why because someone can Win and Someone will lose.  Just look at our (BLACK)operations we have crystal clear goals for each one and Crystal clear goals for when things go bad, so we can get the hell out of dodge. Now think of that on a Grand Scale.

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

A way to end all the bitching was already thought of long time ago and was almost implemented with nation reset. Winner and Losers one nation could take over another Nation.  To this Day I do not understand why this was not done.  Think about it for a Min you lose all your other county's then you lost your capital City you were absorbed into the Nation that defeated you or you could just re roll into the other Nation. When it got down to 2 put a timer on it like 8 weeks who ever has the most county's.... Wins. Then reset map or everything don't really matter.. bam easy, 1/2 the server get something epic for winning. And go at it again, It would never be the same and always insane 
Side NOTE: But the 2 Things I would do different than from what it is now,   If you captured a Nation you get 1/2 their possible Port battle they can have so now you can Have 3 scheduled port battles. Getting them all would cause a Zerg.(Round up so the larger Nation that have already absorb one or more and has 3 or 4 you could get 2, kinda Protects smaller nations, people are greedy and it keeps a Balance with the force)  The other is when you got someone down to 5 or 3 ports The porst would have 5 or 7 xtra AI of that Rate, BUT, on the Capital City battle give an xtra 10 AI 1st Rates(Should be a 1st rate battle anyways),  the Capital Battle would be 35 Ver 25 and No Timer and make it a Death match(Have to figure out the Running off to lala Land problem tho, but this Game Loves Circles).  Even BLACK in its hayday would think twice. But omg it would be so EPIC, on such a grand Scale, this game has Never Seen before. I have some ideas that would make your head spin that would never get implemented but are cool to think about.

So in Other words your nation gets a beat down and US absorbs you, your nation lost that war, but not necessarily the world war, It would put Fighting(PVP), Tatics(PVE combined with PVP) and resources(PVE) to the for front and make for a Perfect Game. I bet you would see hundreds if not thousands of players come back. Why because someone can Win and Someone will lose.  Just look at our (BLACK)operations we have crystal clear goals for each one and Crystal clear goals for when things go bad, so we can get the hell out of dodge. Now think of that on a Grand Scale.

I wouldn't mind being a rat if I didn't have to lose all my crap and everyone I enjoy playing with came with me, which happens to just be the whole Dutch nation, so I agree 100%. 

12 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I wouldn't mind being a rat if I didn't have to lose all my crap and everyone I enjoy playing with came with me, which happens to just be the whole Dutch nation, so I agree 100%. 

LOL Think about Pirates absorbing the Brits, Cordova would re roll US I think but then again CKA as a Rouge pirate clan would Spice things up a Lot. They would Have to decide who they think is going to win in the end. Because in the end there is only one winner.  I have seen some strange things on this game that would make for some hella fun stuff

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JobaSet said:

I can't think of too many better ways to get people to give up and quit.  The better solution, offered many times, is to make total conquest an increasingly difficult and uphill task, exponentially more difficult even, to borderline impossible.  The more you conquer, the more it costs you, the more players and gold are needed to maintain what you have and/or move forward, the harder everything is.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

I can't think of too many better ways to get people to give up and quit.  The better solution, offered many times, is to make total conquest an increasingly difficult and uphill task, exponentially more difficult even, to borderline impossible.  The more you conquer, the more it costs you, the more players and gold are needed to maintain what you have and/or move forward, the harder everything is.

I agree. If most players stopped playing when their nation was at one port, then again when their nation went to one region...if you made it so they got "absorbed" then they would just stop playing.

I know where joba is coming from, but in actual practice it would just end up with a less active population on the server than before. Why would a nation that gets crushed by their opposition want to then join them in crushing their previous friends? Naval action history shows they won't help and will just play a different game.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Yah I wasn't a big fan of the conquest ideal of total victory that they mentioned. I would prefer a degradation for more ports you have the more they cost to upkeep.   Make them where they can upkeep by clans though so folks will have there own stakes.  If no clan/personnel upkeep a region it has a chance to revolt and go neutral and any one can capture it.  That way when you get nations that take to much land they can't hold properly than they can easily loose it.  Though I think they would have to come up with some way to do a governor/lord protector.  Maybe highest Agro player at the port battle makes the changes.   Kinda like the old flag system.  That person would be in charge of making sure the taxes are set and the proper payment of upkeep is keep.  Some regions will be cheap (no regional bonus or rare goods) while others highly expensive.  This gives the game a credit sink.   Maybe even allow them to set different amounts for the taxes like POTBS did for other nations so even if some one comes into your port with smuggler flag they got to pay a higher price than those of your nation or alliance.

Though I do think a reset every 3 months would be good too.  You don't loose anything other than the regions, but they need to be balanced a bit more where some of the one region nations should get one or two more regions to start with.   That way you don't get the stailmate thing either where one side has all the regions but does nothing and the other side is all stuck at one region.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Yea That would have been Bad. But I now have it on my stream, best thing I have ever read on the forms hands Down.  Bigmo and Anierin if you get called out for being a ALT of mine.  I am Sorry.... Sort of But tell Farago I was in a inger please

Oh, @JobaSet it appears from what you said here and on your twitch feed that you misunderstood my post. I never implied Bigmo and Anierin were your ALTS. I said that the Danish Clan "SORT" who had 6 members in the St Johns battle appear to be Danish ALTS that belong to Pirates. See my screenshot in that post.

Edited by Farrago

1 minute ago, Farrago said:

Oh, @JobaSet it appears you misunderstood my post. I never implied Bigmo and Anierin were your ALTS. I said that the Danish Clan "SORT" who had 6 members in the St Johns battle appear to be Danish ALTS that belong to Pirates. See my screenshot in that post.

Some one said they where prob our alts in game as to why they didn't come out.  Ya'll are more toxic to your own players blaming folks for this or that.  As for any alts or not, what the different I paid for the extra game copy so I should be able to play it if I want as long as I'm not abusing the sytem.  What is the difference of 50 players playing the game than 25 players playing two copy of it.  It's still a player int hat battle.  You wanted to win, than why wasn't there more folks from  the alliance on ya'll side since ya'll picked the port battle time and did the attack.  I think you weren't expecting a big show on the Dane side, hell we weren't either but that was there Sat morning (it was a Friday night prot battle)  If that was any other other day of the weekday you wouldn't have seen that many Danes show up during a US Prime time port battle.

Y'all prob could of done better if you didn't send three guys (mortar and two SOL) after my little mortar brig on one side of the map.  ya'll really need to figure out how to manage your team.  Though I don't see that happening any time soon as it seems only half of ya'll can get into one TS at a time.  Though it seems to still work with the Danes and the rest of us.  We get in one TS and they have there own coms.  We call things out in chat when needed but other wise we let them do there thing and we do ours.  

Oh and how about I go through others videos and start posting screen of clans and such. Man how butt hurt are you to go out of the way and go hunt down that info?   We know tons of alts in other nations but we don't go out of our way to tell every one who they are.  If you stop worrying about alts that aren't even in your own nation and worry about your own nation and get it working with each other ya'll might get more done.

And the reason I made it very clear on here that Eric is my alt is cause of post like this.  He's not in a nation we are at war with and just cause some one is in that clan doesn't mean they are alts.  I made that clan cause I was the only Dane in or clan other than one or two other guys when I made that char.  So don't think just cause some one is in one clan or another they are alts.  Remember it's the alts you don't have a clue about you should worry about. The ones we are open about aren't hurting you or spying.  They are filling port slots to help a smaller nation or a bad time slot.  Than maybe ya'll should take your pirates atls (cause we know a bunch of ya'll have them) and maybe roll them into other nations to help though nations out.  That is what we did, we took some of our own and put them in a nation or nations that need help.  

Didn't some one even ask us why don't we just roll National?  well we kidna have and ya'll are still bitching and we even picked the small nations to do so.  I mean that is if they are even alts or not.   Hell who knows we might even have some PvP1 guys recruited by now.   I mean I'm sure ya'll Nationals have thought about doing that haven't you, during your off times and such?

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Didn't some one even ask us why don't we just roll National?  well we kidna have and ya'll are still bitching and we even picked the small nations to do so.  I mean that is if they are even alts or not.   Hell who knows we might even have some PvP1 guys recruited by now.   I mean I'm sure ya'll Nationals have thought about doing that haven't you, during your off times and such?

Rerolling to a new nation and creating alts in other  nations is vastly different. Essentially, alts allow for doubling your ability to wage war against one nation. In fact, it allows for doubling your forces against multiple nations, as you can use the same method against each nation at different times, (and at same time for those who dualbox). Add a 3rd alt to the mix, it makes that fake "alliance" of alts unstoppable. Now, imagine 10 to 15 ppl from the same nation doing this...it breaks the game on a server with only 150 ppl.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 8:19 AM, JobaSet said:

I'm not sure what the details and how we get there should be but most anything is worth a try to get an "End Game". Why do I want an End Game so much? Because I believe each nation and/or alliance heads in that direction anyway. There is no way for one side to "rescue" another from extinction (or at least insurmountable domination) without resorting to artificial means: forcing alliances to break up, using ALTS to supplement weaker nations, giving materials to weaker nations, etc. This is a game of war and conquest. Doing anything else is counter to design and counter to wise strategy/tactics in war. It's sort of like fake BR restrictions. Why would any attacker hesitate just because he outnumbers the enemy? He wouldn't. In fact, he would seek such a situation.

I would not like to see an end game. Enjoy the sandbox elements too much. Masters of our own goals. Not to mention it would get dull after a while when you realize only a few factions win continuously on a server so people will flock to them.

Wasteland and DayZ which are also sandbox games have no clear objective. Although they do clean the map frequently to keep things fresh and make individuals goals obtainable once more. They also have npc events and objectives that NA lacks. Little things that can drive factions towards each other. Like a treasure fleet or a naval escort of diplomats would be nice to see. One faction could attempt to defend it on their path and are rewarded in suceeding and another faction would be rewarded in its sinking. Even MMOs such as Guild War 2 have something similar to this.

Savana La Mar Lineship Port Battle - 3 Danes vs 25 Brits/US (thought ya'll where short guys) with around 3 out side.

All I know is there was something interesting beforhand and don't call some one a "_____" .....but hay I did my job and killed the mortar brig.

@Sir Texas Sir Hey mate, you know when you post images from imgur that on "Insert other media" then "Insert image link from URL" that you can add .jpg, or .jpeg, or .png at the end of the link (or whatever file type you saved it as), so that when we viewers click on the image we don't have to click the second image on imgur to finally make it larger. Just thought I'd help.

Vera Cruz Line ship Port Battle - 25 US/Brits vs 25 Pirates

Good fight guys and congrats on the win.  I will say the wind and some organization hurt the pirates side, but we will fix that next time.   It came down to bad wind and who got the circles capped first.

And remember guys with the new patch coming in a few weeks we should get all these old ships sunk and have some fun.  I plan to do a break down part the night before the patch any way.

oE1dcf8.jpg

Edited by Sir Texas Sir