Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

Letting personal trivial grudges rule over the server between a bunch of egos is taking over the server. Want to trash a server trying to force others to play a certain way because the other guy was trashing the server the same way go right ahead. Thought I was the younger end of the age scale for this game. Yet I am seeing the same childish grudge holding behaviors I would see in some high school girl that I am in the adults.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Letting personal trivial grudges rule over the server between a bunch of egos is taking over the server. Want to trash a server trying to force others to play a certain way because the other guy was trashing the server the same way go right ahead. Thought I was the younger end of the age scale for this game. Yet I am seeing the same childish grudge holding behaviors I would see in some high school girl that I am in the adults.

The only way to get the Dutch/GB/USA to understand they were ruining the server is to throw it back in their face.  I think the job is getting accomplished. 

I tried talking to everyone - it DIDN'T work.  You tried to broker a better server -  but the USA and other GB clans wouldn't listen.  So were we supposed to continue the way it was?  No...  

Edited by ElricTheTwo

7 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Now why don't you either fight on PvP2 or disappear from this thread... 

No. Cause we are not going to be bossed around by you or anyone like you. We will do what we want to do if you are going to give people that attitude. We will wait. 

PS: Especially when we are getting messages stating that OneEyedSnake has to leave the Dutch and things will change. That is some Cordova hello kitty coming from your allies that we will not give into and will continue to not give into anyone. 

Edited by Davos Seasworth

1 hour ago, Farrago said:

Damn, I just realized how naive I've been. A bunch of pirates have alts in Sweden and are fighting in their PB too. No matter which nation appears to be the aggressor, it's actually the Pirates. [face palm!]

Okay, please Pirates, give it to me straight... is that the reason you only want to fight US, Britain and the Dutch. You prefer your Swedish (or Danish, or French, or Spanish) alts over your US, Brit, and Dutch alts?

Another question... is there anyone honorable who plays for just one team? I'd like to ally with them?

Edited to clarify, I don't think having alts is dishonorable. I don't currently do it, but can imagine that one might be needed at some point. What I question is playing multiple characters in more than one nation and using them to push a specific unified strategy when the nations (or Pirates) are not allied. For example, one player attacking a nation as a Swede, as a Pirate, and as who knows what other country. While it seems to be allowed in game mechanics, I don't like goofy manipulations of a game just so you can "win".

We all have alts which we use to craft. We only went those nations recently to fight along side them. They are our allies and pirates cant have allies in current politic system. Cant enter PB if two other nations fighting.
So by doing that we a). Support our allies and b). because we want PVP having nation alts is giving us just that.
We had about 3-4 alts in different nations. I hope they dont feel like they been overrun lol.

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

No drudges whatsoever. Frankly we dont care what happen in the past or what happens now. But we have to leave and work with the facts and the way things are.
US and GB have naturally largest population. When they have opportunity they will take everything by mere outnumbering.

We have no control over that. They don't have any remorse of doing that in the past. So we take it that if we ease up on them they will do same shit again. We dont want same shit again. They didn't accept our proposition to make US fight GB and pick up smaller nations as their allies. So we had to pick up smaller nations and create one big multination country which will have enough power to fight GB/US/Dutch.

We are on PVP server. What do you propose we should be doing? Holding hands?
Saying that we are bullying you is just completely wrong. We can bring JUST enough to fill in the PB. Your triple alliance is still able to comeup with MUCH larger number. All its lacking is sensible people and leaders.

You need 4 things to make this work for you:
1. Strong leader who can actually sail and fight and call battles. Who can organise his clan, filter carebears away and keep people who eager to fight. Who has enough common sense to act decently and not hold grudges, but do best for his nation, clan and the server. Leader who will not jump into politics, but quietly grow and train his clan. It will become a force in no time;
2. He needs people in nation that would recognise that he can lead and actually support him. So far everybody have a fkn OPINION and knows better. And Dutch are the worse man, no offence. Yo dont have proper clans. Everyone is a fking "leader". They all need to accept the authority of one leader if they are in one clan or support the clan which has the most power;
3. You need to start practising to stay in battle until you lose a ship with an aim to sink as many. Only this will help you to become a better captain. Then you all need to start working in teams and practice it;
4. Finally you need to start practising an organisation and support for your allies. Show up to all battles. If you cant fill in both PBs make decision which is more important to fight and which one to abandon (you can always flip it later). When we make such choice our primary decision is based where we are more likely to have more enemies and thats where we generally go, unless the actual Region is more important to keep/take, than fighting.

You have privilege to have population and new people always coming in to US and GB. Start training them man. You started off well with SMS, but for some reason decided to dive into politics right away, which is what killed your clan. You should have stayed neutral and avoid getting into politics like a plaque. Keep growing your clan. Helping your people. Be a strict leader. Know what you want and what type of players you want. Remove those who dont fit right away. Explain that its nothing personal, but they just dont cut for the clan you are building. Those people who really your bread and butter you must keep happy. Give them fights, give them PVP. Give them officer ranks. Those people will start helping you to lead your clan in the right direction.

This is why your alliance is loosing. You do none of the above. This is what I meant that you all seem to be fast to blame others for your problems.
No matter what we do the ONLY way you can win is when you greatly outnumber. Think about it. Do you want to grow a clan of lions or jackals?

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

No. Cause we are not going to be bossed around by you or anyone like you. We will do what we want to do if you are going to give people that attitude. We will wait. 

PS: Especially when we are getting messages stating that OneEyedSnake has to leave the Dutch and things will change. That is some Cordova hello kitty coming from your allies that we will not give into and will continue to not give into anyone. 

No one said that. If someone said that randomly this is not BLACKs official position. Dont compare him to Cordova either. Cordova betrayed us and when we did everything for GB we could. We never trusted Snake in the first place. We dont bring our problem with Snake to Dutch either. We bring it directly to him by simply ignoring his crap. More we ignore him more he is exposing his true nature and drive people away from him. We dont need to do anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, koltes said:

US and GB have naturally largest population. When they have opportunity they will take everything by mere outnumbering.

We have no control over that. They don't have any remorse of doing that in the past. So we take it that if we ease up on them they will do same shit again. We dont want same shit again. They didn't accept our proposition to make US fight GB and pick up smaller nations as their allies. So we had to pick up smaller nations and create one big multination country which will have enough power to fight GB/US/Dutch.

If we look at PB numbers this is false. If we look at the pirates one porting half the nations along with Danes, you are a hypocrite. Go home, you are as low as all of us, you are no better or any more righteous, your delusion of grandeur is very apparent.

50 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

hzuufNr.png

I'm glad rats finally admit they have plenty of population. Congrats.

This is classic example of your selective reading and bull shit interpretaion mindset. Whats so hard to understand man? Are you born stupid or had to take lessons?
We never said that we cant bring numbers TODAY. We were always telling you that soon as we can fill in 25 people in PB all your alliance is doomed, because its no matter how small our nation is and how big your alliance is there can only be 25 people on each side. When we go 25vs25 you are doomed too.

I was warning your alliance for few months that while we small nations can only bring 10-15 people to PB you have the power to break the alliance and re-balance the server. When US had 25 in PB, GB had no problem to show up with 25+ outside and screen 15 pirates.

But they are sure as hell having problems coming and helping you when we have 25.
This is one of the reasons why we are friend with Danes. We never asked, but these guys just show up and screen for us. They dont ask, but we still show up and screen for them.

@van der Decken are you actually another troll? You are 5 seconds away from making it to ignore list on the same bench with Snake
b2tiziJ.png

Bellow is what I actually said.

2 hours ago, koltes said:

In their books it was ok to bully the server for 6 months straight, bringing 25+ outside for screen and 25 in the PB against 10-15. But this is not Ok for us to bring 25 to a PB.

And all you've heard is that we have 25 in PB today. Apparently you are ok with 25+ outside and 25 inside vs 15 pirates.

Edited by koltes

40 minutes ago, koltes said:

No drudges whatsoever. Frankly we dont care what happen in the past or what happens now. 

It is hard for me to see this. I honestly want to believe you like I want to believe my colleges back in GB. 

2. He needs people in nation that would recognise that he can lead and actually support him. So far everybody have a fkn OPINION and knows better. And Dutch are the worse man, no offence. Yo dont have proper clans. Everyone is a fking "leader". They all need to accept the authority of one leader if they are in one clan or support the clan which has the most power;

I agree yet disagree with you at the same time if that makes any sense, also no offense was given. everyone a "leader" in the Dutch is not 100% correct. Everyone has a voice in the matter that is for sure. We are looking into PvP1 Dutch and a few other factions over there that run a similar open system. 

You need to start practicing to stay in battle until you lose a ship with an aim to sink as many. Only this will help you to become a better captain. Then you all need to start working in teams and practice it;

Were planning on that when a few of us are looking at PvP1 where they make us look like a simple rabble. 

Show up to all battles.

Hard to show up for all port battles especially when there has been multiple occasions as of late where the port battles are very close to each other. 

You started off well with SMS, but for some reason decided to dive into politics right away, which is what killed your clan. You should have stayed neutral and avoid getting into politics like a plaque. Keep growing your clan. Helping your people. Be a strict leader. Know what you want and what type of players you want. Remove those who dont fit right away. Explain that its nothing personal, but they just dont cut for the clan you are building. Those people who really your bread and butter you must keep happy. Give them fights, give them PVP. Give them officer ranks. Those people will start helping you to lead your clan in the right direction.

I started off okay. The clan came into being because of the rift in politics. I left the clan open as a community and not a true clan. There is a difference. I am strict when I need to be. My clan may have looked large but there were a lot of casual month to month players or the ones that just gave up after mid-ranks. I have cut individuals as well keeping a few alts around to till they passed their use to me.  I grew too large too fast. Going to the Dutch cut 2/3rds of the clan keeping the loyalist around who have been rewarded.

Also thank you for the polite response. Much appreciated.

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 1

Ha. Koltes muted me? That poor kid needed a safe space from me? lmao. Point and case of someone that hates the truth. Plenty of people are way worse than me but arent on his ignore list, he ignores me because i do speak the truth, it sucks for him because he just wants it to go away because he is an insecure little hello kitty. 

Cartagena de Indias line ship port battle - 15 Dutch vs 25 Pirates

Not to self mortar brigs don't make good fire ships...lol

I do want to say thanks for showing up.  I give the guys that did show and fought credit for that.  Unlike some one that seems to be leading his clan from port or another server.   Though still not sure where your alliances is.  Even if some guys where tied up in the other Port Battle Brits is large enough they should of been able to send some guys to help ya'll any way.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Cartagena de Indias line ship port battle - 15 Dutch vs 25 Pirates

Not to self mortar brigs don't make good fire ships...lol

I do want to say thanks for showing up.  I give the guys that did show and fought credit for that.  Unlike some one that seems to be leading his clan from port or another server.   Though still not sure where your alliances is.  Even if some guys where tied up in the other Port Battle Brits is large enough they should of been able to send some guys to help ya'll any way.

they were outnumbered as it was in their PB. the danes dont seem to have jobs, and now show up at all times or something. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

St Johns line ship port battle -  25 Swede/Dane/French vs 15 US/Brits

Again low number show up for a port battle that the Brits set at there own prime time.  

Yea, they dont have the player base you guys think they do  

3 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

they were outnumbered as it was in their PB. the danes dont seem to have jobs, and now show up at all times or something. 

Are you can figure out it's freaking Saturday morning for them when that port battle was going on.  That is the only reason they show up in force on US prime time port battles that are set on there weekends.  I bet you there was a bunch more. I know one of our pirates in a Cerberus had a bunch of them tied up at the free port and they wouldn't come out.  Over a freaking low level guy in a Cerberus lol

1 hour ago, Farrago said:

Damn, I just realized how naive I've been. A bunch of pirates have alts in Sweden and are fighting in their PB too. No matter which nation appears to be the aggressor, it's actually the Pirates. [face palm!]

Okay, please Pirates, give it to me straight... is that the reason you only want to fight US, Britain and the Dutch. You prefer your Swedish (or Danish, or French, or Spanish) alts over your US, Brit, and Dutch alts?

Another question... is there anyone honorable who plays for just one team? I'd like to ally with them?

Edited to clarify, I don't think having alts is dishonorable. I don't currently do it, but can imagine that one might be needed at some point. What I question is playing multiple characters in more than one nation and using them to push a specific unified strategy when the nations (or Pirates) are not allied. For example, one player attacking a nation as a Swede, as a Pirate, and as who knows what other country. While it seems to be allowed in game mechanics, I don't like goofy manipulations of a game just so you can "win".

I only know one pirate that has a swede alt, most of us had rolled French alts to help out the French for the eve port battles on the week days when the Danes can't be on in number cause they are at work.   Seems ya'll only want to show up with numbers when you can out number a small nation.  Though kinda was wondering what the hell was up with the swede battle this morning cause there was a crap load of brits out side that hit our ships instead of going into the port battles.  Again easy target instead of protecting there silver interest lol

We join those nations cause we like to fight the big guys....you know the three largest nations....the ones that keep hiding and running from fights now that the tables have been turned on them and they can't just get easy wins.

I'll be honest with you just about every nation has a group of players with alts.  Pirates aren't the only ones. I know a good number of Brits, Dutch and US that have several alts too.  Some of them are even in Pirates that we ignore  even though we know who they are.  It's part of the game and isn't changing any time soon.   Many of ya'll keep telling us we should roll a small nation instead of playing pirates.  Well we did that with our alts and ya'll are complaining that we are helping them that way.   I mean I think the only thing that would make some of you happy if we just left you to your little PvE server....I mean PvP server.

6 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

They told GB, US, Pirates, and pretty much everyone else except France to go hello kitty. Understandable to and with full respect to @Teutonic for doing.

Pretty much - the abaco/pinar del rio PBs were NOT PLANNED. I don't think I can say it enough - the only alliance the Spanish are willing to freely have at this point is with France. There is a difference between allies, enemies, and those who we believe to be neutral/too far from our sphere of influence.

You folks are allowed to believe whatever you want to believe, because lets face it, no matter what I say some people just won't believe me...the facts are this from Spain's PoV

1. We want to PvP, and to get PvP we need to fight those next to us and anyone willing to come into Spanish waters

2. The Spanish players have made it clear their intentions of owning a number of ports/counties. We will do anything in our power to achieve our goals. Whoever owns these regions will be subject to Spanish incursions. I will double check what regions the Spanish consider home and will make it public at the earliest times.

3. Those who have graciously donated some resources to spanish players we are indebted to you. I hope you can respect our wishes that someday those resources may be used against you and that it will encourage fun and enjoyable content.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, koltes said:

We all have alts which we use to craft. We only went those nations recently to fight along side them. They are our allies and pirates cant have allies in current politic system. Cant enter PB if two other nations fighting.
So by doing that we a). Support our allies and b). because we want PVP having nation alts is giving us just that.
We had about 3-4 alts in different nations. I hope they dont feel like they been overrun lol.

I understand. You Pirates want to have alliances like a nation and still be Pirates and this is the only way to do it.

I guess it would not have been such a dominating tactic for you if either the US/GB/Dutch players did the same thing or if our actual alliance had been more effective. If our alliance had been smart, we would have used superior numbers -- if we ever actually had superior numbers IN PVP PLAYERS -- to force you to be everywhere at once so that your alts couldn't benefit you as much. Each country in the triple alliance should have had 2 PB attacks set or at least active aggressive PVP fleets at all times. Make you choose whether you would fight as a Pirate in your own PB, screen for others, or use an alt as a Dane, a Swede, etc. Aw, forget that, I'm thinking as if this were an actual war and there was an end game, a victory to be had. Supposedly none of us want to one port any nation.

Regarding the triple alliance: if it ever was a big benefit for the Dutch, it was before my time. I understood being allied (or neutral) with GB -- we shared a border -- but an alliance with the US never seemed to make sense for the Americans or the Dutch. They were way up north; we were down south. They could not consistently get numbers down south to help us, we couldn't get numbers up there. And the British, who were closer, appeared less than the US in our port battles and operations. The only mutual interest was to keep pressure on mutual enemies. There was just too little coordination. There were also too few numbers of actual PVP players willing to fight an aggressive enemy.

You need 4 things to make this work for you:
1. Strong leader who can actually sail and fight and call battles. Who can organise his clan, filter carebears away and keep people who eager to fight. Who has enough common sense to act decently and not hold grudges, but do best for his nation, clan and the server. Leader who will not jump into politics, but quietly grow and train his clan. It will become a force in no time;
3. You need to start practising to stay in battle until you lose a ship with an aim to sink as many. Only this will help you to become a better captain. Then you all need to start working in teams and practice it;
4. Finally you need to start practising an organisation and support for your allies. Show up to all battles. If you cant fill in both PBs make decision which is more important to fight and which one to abandon (you can always flip it later). When we make such choice our primary decision is based where we are more likely to have more enemies and thats where we generally go, unless the actual Region is more important to keep/take, than fighting.

I think this is very good advice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I only know one pirate that has a swede alt,

Hmm... well, I guess there seems to be some things you don't know. I believe there were several in this evening's PB. I am out of the country but was watching it via Jobaset's stream as he used his alt. He had trouble remembering the names of all the other pirates' alts.

I mean I think the only thing that would make some of you happy if we just left you to your little PvE server....I mean PvP server.

Hey, if one wants to use alts to game the economy, crafting, political, and combat systems of Naval Action, there's nothing I can do about it. It's not against the rules. I just don't understand the motivation. I guess I would rather be a winner or a loser than manipulate things so that I can just call myself a winner. I knew some were doing it -- from all nations -- but am only now beginning to realize how widespread it is. Like I said, I was naive. I'm reminded of when my son was little playing his gameboy and he asked for help getting "cheats" so he could have unlimited lives, unlimited ammo, etc. What's the point? It ceases to be a game or competition and becomes a repetitive exercise. Not fun. I guess I will have to decide whether to quit, join in, or just accept that there won't be an even playing field. Too often PVP is not "Player vs Player". It is "Player vs Player-and-his-gold-mods-(hopefully-not-duped)-on-a-gold-ship-captured-or-awarded-or-built-using-alts-circumventing-the-system".

You want me to come out and PVP with you. It may happen but the challenge for some of us is we're not using work-arounds to obtain wealth or ships or skills faster than the game actually allows one player from one nation to do it. I don't have an alt bringing me resources from ports that don't belong to my nation (or to my allies). I don't use alts to attack a single nation in port battles several times in one day thereby increasing the combat power arrayed against a nation more than player numbers really would. In my opinion, multiple personality disorder shouldn't be a what we used to call, a force multiplier. Oh well. Facing 25 enemies, or 20, or 15, or 10 when you are just a few is a lot bigger deal when you only have 2 or 3 gold ships, only one of which is bigger than a 4th rate, you've been through 15 or so officer lives, etc. I'm not looking for sympathy but just hope the more reasonable among you will realize that some folks are trying to play this game as designed, not just as you can get away with. That means our lives and our ships are less expendable. My five production buildings, and the five that belong to each of my clan mates are not quite up to the task of replacing ships lost with a few daily sinkings at the hands of you as a Pirate, you as an Alt, and a few other times at the hands of enemy nations as well. You scoff when badly out-numbered Dutch escape rather than dying in place. Perhaps for some of us, dying in place has far more severe ramifications than it does to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

Hmm... well, I guess there seems to be some things you don't know. I believe there were several in this evening's PB. I am out of the country but was watching it via Jobaset's stream as he used his alt. He had trouble remembering the names of all the other pirates' alts.

Hey, if one wants to use alts to game the economy, crafting, political, and combat systems of Naval Action, there's nothing I can do about it. It's not against the rules. I just don't understand the motivation. I guess I would rather be a winner or a loser than manipulate things so that I can just call myself a winner. I knew some were doing it -- from all nations -- but am only now beginning to realize how widespread it is. Like I said, I was naive. I'm reminded of when my son was little playing his gameboy and he asked for help getting "cheats" so he could have unlimited lives, unlimited ammo, etc. What's the point? It ceases to be a game or competition and becomes a repetitive exercise. Not fun. I guess I will have to decide whether to quit, join in, or just accept that there won't be an even playing field. Too often PVP is not "Player vs Player". It is "Player vs Player-and-his-gold-mods-(hopefully-not-duped)-on-a-gold-ship-captured-or-awarded-or-built-using-alts-circumventing-the-system".

You want me to come out and PVP with you. It may happen but the challenge for some of us is we're not using work-arounds to obtain wealth or ships or skills faster than the game actually allows one player from one nation to do it. I don't have an alt bringing me resources from ports that don't belong to my nation (or to my allies). I don't use alts to attack a single nation in port battles several times in one day thereby increasing the combat power arrayed against a nation more than player numbers really would. In my opinion, multiple personality disorder shouldn't be a what we used to call, a force multiplier. Oh well. Facing 25 enemies, or 20, or 15, or 10 when you are just a few is a lot bigger deal when you only have 2 or 3 gold ships, only one of which is bigger than a 4th rate, you've been through 15 or so officer lives, etc. I'm not looking for sympathy but just hope the more reasonable among you will realize that some folks are trying to play this game as designed, not just as you can get away with. That means our lives and our ships are less expendable. My five production buildings, and the five that belong to each of my clan mates are not quite up to the task of replacing ships lost with a few daily sinkings at the hands of you as a Pirate, you as an Alt, and a few other times at the hands of enemy nations as well. You scoff when badly out-numbered Dutch escape rather than dying in place. Perhaps for some of us, dying in place has far more severe ramifications than it does to you.

You need to look again.   Though I can see the  confusion, remember who ever the side your fighting for in a battle is the side you will have the flag of.  So all Dane/Swede/French/Spain in that Swede battle will have a Swede flag.  Every US/Brit/Dutch would have the Brit flag since they are the attackers.

Think of it this way.  Why should 50 players beat 25 guys playing 2 chars each.  It's still 50 on both sides, but shouldn't the guys that don't have to run two chars and be distracted by both do better than the one guy trying to run two chars at the same time?  I would say the 50 guys playing the one char should do more than the 25 running two.  Well until you throw in things like organization.  That is the biggest thing that is killing the big nations.  They have way more players but they just can't stop bickering with each other to work together and get organized.  Take Dutch for example.  How many clans do you have for your nation?  How many folks are in there own clan instead of being in a group together?  Than you go and make that US or Brits and your talking about even more guys.  The big nations have a big problem of they got to many chiefs that want to be the boss and not enough folks willing to be the man power event though they have tons of them.   They need to get there guys motivated and fighting.  Hiding and avoiding fights is not going to get those folks motivated.   There is no excuse for US/Brits right now for them not being able to man a full port battle.  Basicly they are going through what we kinda went through back when the patch came out where a lot of our members got bored and stop playing cause there was nothing to do.  They need to get those guys back and motivated to play.  Again sitting in port and hiding isn't doing it.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

3 hours ago, Teutonic said:

3. Those who have graciously donated some resources to spanish players we are indebted to you. I hope you can respect our wishes that someday those resources may be used against you and that it will encourage fun and enjoyable content.

We are hoping that once the French and the Spain get up and going where they don't need or help or even the Danes than we should be see some good OW fights at least between the groups and us.  Maybe even some Port Battles in the future too.

12 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

How many clans do you have for your nation?  How many folks are in there own clan instead of being in a group together?

The entire Dutch faction operates as if it was a single clan. The in-game clans are just for warehouses or in the case of SMS a previously created community. We talk to everyone almost on a daily basis and for the most part get along. Cannot say much for GB and US though. I do know Cordova kept much under lock and key only letting a few others outside CKA into what was going on. US I think is just so large that there are just so many voices going around with their own objectives which would be fine if the populations of other factions were even close to theirs and suffered similar issues. 

Frankly cannot stand alts and really do hope they remove the ability to have an alt from the game. Too easy to use as a loophole in the mechanics of the standard game and does more damage than good to the community.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Really, maybe if you took time to look at player names in battles...  you could see how many of each nation there really are playing.  Plus, just look at the politics voting grid - GB & USA each have 25+ players who take the time to vote - and that is just those who bother to vote.  So they have PLENTY of players.

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

St Johns line ship port battle -  25 Swede/Dane/French vs 15 US/Brits

Again low number show up for a port battle that the Brits set at there own prime time.  

7C3B9A2D99F828DE4F383529FB67A2B26702CB54

The final screen.  It was a good battle, the GB mortar brigs and an exploding ship caused plenty of the damage to ships.

Edited by ElricTheTwo

3 hours ago, Farrago said:

Regarding the triple alliance: if it ever was a big benefit for the Dutch, it was before my time.

Well in short it was like this. US had the force and bullies everyone including GB which had about 15 ports. Small nations Spain, Pirates, French, Swedes all been down to 1 port and Danes had about 10. Dutch had about 15 too mainly due to being distant from US. Pretty much US bullied the server owning over 200 ports.

Then around April-May last year BLACK clan grew strong enough to fight back. We could fill 25 players in PB and now could actually fight US. Trouble was we could not keep the ports we took due to small numbers. Back with the flag system the PBs were fought right and left all over the place. So we went to GB and made a deal with CKA that we take ports from US and GB take them from us. Some of those ports we will give to other nations like Danes and Spain. First it worked well. GB grew to 80+ ports.
We got US down to 11 ports.
Then around beginning of August we got betrayed. Behind our backs GB went in alliance with US. CKA specifically. They started blaming pirates for this and that etc etc. The fact that 3 months ago US had pirates to 1 port and they were in full fleet hunting our newbs in cutters didn't bother anyone. All of a sudden from liberators we turned into aggressors. We could swallow betrayal that they turned on us, but framing us so badly? We left US alone and declared war on GB. CKA in particular and few weeks later got them down one port. We told everyone that our war was against CKA and their supporters. We blockaded KPR for about 2 weeks before the patch came out and were letting everyone go if they did not support CKA.

Ever since August last year GB and US never had a fight or PB.

After patch and after making their statement pirates went on vacation. We burned out doing during all these months of war. Guys needed a break. The patch came and there was port reset. Lots of pirates left for good because of that patch. For 3 months we had 3 people on TS in our prime times. Mort rats also we leaving in big numbers. The was one clan ZILCH that was doing something but they also lacked numbers. Danes also took a break.

So US and GB got recovered and started taking all regions on the map again. Doing same thing what US was doing earlier last year. At most we would have 15 pirates show up (3-4 would be BLACK guys and the rest from other clans), some newbs... There we battles when we were screened by 30 GB players. Those who got through the blockade (like 10 players) faced 25 of US guys inside.

We never complained about having unfair fights. Of course no one wants to lose, but we looked at it as we were having fights and our goal was to sink as much as we can. At the end of the day we knew we gonna sink and did not run.
What we were telling them is that 2 largest nations should not ally. They should balance the server by go to war with each other and take small nations with them.

Our only complain was that again one side is greatly outnumber the other side, killing it without competition. They driven nations down to 1 regions again. Swedes, French, Spain. Danes had 2-3 left. Pirates had Mort and Kidds.

We also said that if they wont do it sooner or later we will get our numbers back and we will make them cry. It was coming upon them. August, September, October, November, December, January. 6 months these carebears been in this alliance. Some Brits have left, wanting some fights or just walking way from GB during CKA/BLACK war and went Dutch. Most of Dutch are ex GB players. Its like another GB nation, but on carebear steroids. This is a nation of established carebears.

At some stage around December I took Ziplock (Neverdead Ned) and OneEyedSnake to TS and told them that they could bring a balance to the server if they stop fighting all these small nations and make 4 nation alliance vs GB/US and pirates will help them. At that stage pirates still have like 5 people on TS. First Dutch agreed if we give them Orinoko (it used to be ours for months). We gave them Orinoko and the went in alliance with GB and US. On top of that they attacked Swedes in territory they said they are not interested in.

So this was the deal and this was their decision. I think because they are mostly ex GB players they were still holding grudges against pirates and it was an easy thing to do - just go GB/US alliance.

Next thing we know we start having our old players coming back. We defended Kidds. I was messaging everyone on Steam and in-game asking people to get back. Start having 7-10 people on TS. Joba and Simon took us to US coast and attacked Charleston. We got more pirates coming back because of that. Danes start coming back too.
All of a sudden we got our numbers back. And man... didn't we kicked US arse? I think it still hurts. This is what broke that alliance. GB used to come and help US and vise versa all the time and now they were no longer showing up to screen or join battles.
Dutch too. They chosen wrong side. They know it, but will never admit it. Well whatever.

And now as ever again they saying that pirates OP, that we bullying them, that we have the population etc etc.
Its like they have regular memory wipes. Only selected memory lives. They just ignore what their own alliance did 2 months ago. So its ok to do it to others, but not ok for others to do it to them.
Dutch keep saying that GB is not showing up because its too far. Well GB never had any problems to show up for Windward Islands PBs in the past when they were pushing French and Swedes. But soon as Pirates went down South and attacked Trinidad and Orinoko, none of them showed up. Funny that.

It is plain simple. Dutch too wrong alliance and their alliance simply abandoned them.

Dutch declared the war on Pirates. Your choice Dutch, not ours. We are at war because you declared it on us!

Their alliance can still fight and bring full numbers to PBs as they have people. What they dont have is the will to fight and ability to organise.

There is no deal for Dutch in this alliance. They are the loudest criers on the server right now, because they thought that US and GB will fight their war and instead were left alone.

Here filled you in under 5 mins :)

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

The entire Dutch faction operates as if it was a single clan. The in-game clans are just for warehouses or in the case of SMS a previously created community. We talk to everyone almost on a daily basis and for the most part get along. Cannot say much for GB and US though. I do know Cordova kept much under lock and key only letting a few others outside CKA into what was going on. US I think is just so large that there are just so many voices going around with their own objectives which would be fine if the populations of other factions were even close to theirs and suffered similar issues. 

Frankly cannot stand alts and really do hope they remove the ability to have an alt from the game. Too easy to use as a loophole in the mechanics of the standard game and does more damage than good to the community.

So the question remains the same... who is the leader? :D 
Don't you think that you have way too many generals?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

They had no problem to fill 25 PB+screen when we were 10/15 a couple months ago (and we had brilliant fights). It amazes me how their willing to fight disappeared as soon as we were able to show up in equal and fair numbers.

Edited by Pelennor
  • Like 2