Game-Labs Forum

Kickstarter ship packs poll (redux)

Kickstarter ship packs poll (redux)  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship pack(s) would you be willing to contribute too? (pick all that apply)

• Britain
    • Denmark
    • France
    • Italy
    • Netherlands (Seven Provinces)
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Turkey (Ottoman)
    • USA (with Constitution redo)
    • Other - indicate which in a reply
    • None
  2. 2. How much would you be willing to contribute for each pack of... 4 ships per pack?

• $15 or more
    • $10 to $15
    • $5 to $10
    • $1 to $5
    • Nothing
  3. 3. Would you be willing to fund kickstarter projects for port building structures better themed to the different nationalities?

• Yes - let's discuss this further
    • No - forget it

Apologies for flubbing the first go. All answers lost - please redo your responses.

monk33y had a good idea...

PS - it appears that the forum poll settings have been changed. It looks like you can adjust your answers now if you reconsider or make a mistake. Just click 'Show vote options' at bottom of poll section and then cast all new votes which will overwrite your previous answers. That works for me anyway but maybe that's because I'm the owner.

Edited by Angus McGregor
  • Like 1

Thank you kindly for redoing this topic, the poll is so much better now. We can fully enjoy the proper thoughts of engaging a well rounded tribute to maritime history. I did restrict myself to the groups I would most like to see but like so many others I have spent so much time playing I think its only fair to try and fund the devs and their project a little further, especially if that further is to dive a little deeper into some of the untouched nations :)

1. Which ship pack(s) would you be willing to contribute too? (pick all that apply)

Other: A Constitution rebuild + a nation that needs more ships - Dutch/Danes/Swedish/Spanish ship pack.

But the Connie needs to be included, it deserves to be rebuild.

Edited by Pada
  • Like 1

The amount I would pay would be determined on how many ships would be in the pack, and maybe also what types of ships. I hope they use polls to determine what ships get into a pack. This game would be so awesome if the amount of ships ingame would triple or so.

Im gonna change my answer a bit compared to last time, id be willing to fun smaller nations in kickstarter like the swedes, venice, portuguese, ottoman empire, danish/norwegians, the dutch etc. rather than waste my money on an already over represented nation like the USA, i am dissepointed to see that they will get the first ship pack.

• Like 6

A relatively easy way to give the idea there is more ships than there is. Would to to bring in skins.

For example, bellona 

1) Pirate- black ship with damage marks, (sub choice would be a national flag instead of pirate)

1-a) Pirate - for all nationals with their flag including pirates but with no lights in the dark.

2) Spanish capture- more gold trims, again the use of different colours on the hull to show work from repairs

3) fireship - burnt look. Ripped damaged sails, look of disrepair 

4) merchant - wealth look.

Only available in a shop. Skin-one use only with a $4.00 price tag. Once on ship not removable, if ship is captured skin stays with 1 dura ship 

• Like 1

Every nation is fine. And I would surely support more ships especially considering we could get the fancy rare ones or historically important ones going then. However I would only be for this under 3 conditions.

1. Fixing ship models is NOT tied to additional funding - that is like paying twice for the same ship... (i.e. I would pay for a US ship pack but not if a Connie fix only happens with that pack)
  2. All ships are craftable and the blueprint is learned via normal measures and not tied to events or giveaways!
  3. All ships are accessible by all players whether they paid for it or not. (This is voluntary funding and although that would allow people to profit from others money it will prevent ending up in a pay to win scenario!)
  • Like 2

Twelve Apostles . hmm. wayy too late anyways.

Ontopic: I am happy to found anything they come up with. If the pack isnt my favourite nation I dont care. Its finally a way I can credit the devs for their insane game in which I spend way more than 2 thousand (or even 4k?) hours in total. (counting every development step)

I am not happy with the muricans as their first choice. Nations which are represented ingame and by a playerbase have a much higher priority as the already very prominent US lineup. Dutch, Danes, Swedes and the Spanish all deserve their fair share of ships. Its a bloody shame we only have one spanish ship despite the fact that the dons made up a fair share of capturable vessels at trafalgar battle. You dont hear a lot about the dutch but holy crap did they have an impressive fleet.

I cant say much about the danes. The swedes however deserve a few more vessels in general.

I am waiting for the ship poll and the desicions the playerbase comes up with. I sure hope there are some nice vessels :) And the neatly researched ones get their chance.

• Like 2

On 23/1/2017 at 2:32 AM, Hethwill said:

1. Which ship pack(s) would you be willing to contribute too? (pick all that apply)

Other: Theme Pack

example: Brigs&Sloops

For sure not USa lol, that decision is purely a cash grab,  for a nation already over-rapresented  wich barely fit in the period and was irrilevant. 

spain france brit and netherlands will be much more appreciate and the poll is showing that clearly

for not talk about pirates, why not Queens ann revenge? pirates not have a single historical ship... a pirate ship will be bothi appealing for kickstarter and finally will bring a ship to the pirates wich not have a single dedicated ship.

57466d1251439299-ciao-queen-annes-reveng

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

Whatever nation, I don't discriminate. I am more interested in the ship types as a bundle regardless of origin.

Would KS anything but wouldn't use half the ships :) but in the end it becomes beneficial for any other player, Ks'er or not.

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

If you dont want a ship pack then don't pay for it. It seems that some people forget that option instead they are just flaming.

Anyone is able to make shit cash grab decisions

as ppl is free to criticize it :)  dont wanna critics? dont make obviously bad decisions simple..

Still don't get it while people act like game labs is doing that kickstarter thing just for one time only. Admin wrote if it is a success then many more of such ship packs will follow.

So lay back and enjoy

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Whatever nation, I don't discriminate. I am more interested in the ship types as a bundle regardless of origin.

Indeed ! Ship class bundles with ships from several nations would be funnier (but maybe less lucrative) than national bundles, especially as any player has access to any ship whatever her nation. Besides, I guess lots of players have preferences for a given class. 

e. g. :

1) A Corvette bundle with the Spanish Descubierta, the French Amarante and Diligente, etc.

2) A Frigate bundle with the Venetian Fama, the dano-Norwegian Christiansborg, etc.

3) Etc.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Indeed ! Ship class bundles with ships from several nations would be funnier (but maybe less lucrative) than national bundles, especially as any player has access to any ship whatever her nation. Besides, I guess lots of players have preferences for a given class. 

e. g. :

1) A Corvette bundle with the Spanish Descubierta, the French Amarante and Diligente, etc.

2) A Frigate bundle with the Venetian Fama, the dano-Norwegian Christiansborg, etc.

3) Etc.

I'd love to see a Frigate bundle, or even a 4th rate bundle.

Although Venetian bundle on its own could grab some pretty interesting ships, I'd personally put in one of the Xebecs, A Pollaca, Fama and Muiron, this would add some entirely new types and styles of ships into the game, its pretty sad seeing that the Italians are receiving such a small percentage of the vote, especially considering how backwards and horrible the Ottoman ships were of the time period, currently sitting at a higher vote percentage.

The Venetian fleet is still a fantastic choice, having around 80 warships in 1797, with a merchant fleet of around 320. They also offer some great history, like offering the first super frigates, the ship that broke Napoleon out of Egypt, and still maintaining by some margin the largest mercantile fleet in the eastern Mediterranean despite their decline from grace since the 1500s. Its almost worth giving Venice its own ship or two just as a tribute to the Arsenal too.

• Like 1