Game-Labs Forum

Done with this game.

angriff

You got killed in a Port Battle by the circle. Welcome to the club! We're not an exclusive bunch. 

Added: The game is under development. Mechanics are going to change, including Port Battle mechanics. The coming Land in Port Battles patch might for all we know mean the end of the port battle circle of death. But at the moment the circle serves its purpose as a way to prevent fleets from running an entire port battle to deny the attacker an engagement. Though it does of course also make it more difficult to escape a port battle when you need to.

Also. By all means, you are free to rage and quit the game. But please don't leave a negative review on Steam. The game is in alpha and you were duly warned when you purchased it. If you did not understand that you should not take it out on the devs. At this stage the only thing you should be judging this game based on is whether or not the developers provide regular and extensive updates, and the devs of this game have a proven record of doing so.

• Like 2

You cannot disengage.. out of some fictitious ring along with 5 other guys chasing me and I suddenly lose all armor and sink.   

You cannot disengage in this game is complete CRAP ... Officially Denouncing this game in the Steam Forums 

If you had 5 guys around you and you where about to sink you weren't going to get out of that fight any way.  

I had two ships pop out on me at close range cause game didn't count crew kill or ghost sail hits. I think that perk should be part of game mechanic.  One was a LVG I was just about to board sitting side by side too.   

See ya Agresseur. Ill miss you name calling me and being more negitive in game than you are here.

Good riddance, and can i have your stuff? I mean the stuff i havent pirated from you already i mean.

He always runs, chased him once. Would have been a good 1v1 which I don't understand why people run on a1v1.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a note, the "N" button displays/hides the white circle of death in Port Battles, in case you were caught outside of it just because it was invisible.

You were in a Port Battle, I guess.

Without knowing the rules and gameplay, you learned it the hard way.

If you give up as easily as this - then you are not made of the right stern stuff to be a sailor in the age of sail.

Come back and see, what NAVAL ACTION all offers - or miss a really great game.

Your decision - you could still grow vegetables in "Build your Farm"...

Edited by Olham

Just as a note, the "N" button displays/hides the white circle of death in Port Battles, in case you were caught outside of it just because it was invisible.

hmmm - did NOT know that. Thanks.

So you decided to run the time out by running outside the zone that specifically stops you from running the time out, and so now you are going to quit.  The zone is so defenders cant kite the attackers the entire match.

What does "Kite" mean? I have seen it in several different posts - but I am losing the reference here. In your statement is some form of "circumvention/avoid/evade"?

Cheers,

-Yank/BvW

What does "Kite" mean? I have seen it in several different posts - but I am losing the reference here. In your statement is some form of "circumvention/avoid/evade"?

It's hit-and-run. You sail often at the edge of shot range, running away forcing the enemy to chase. Usually you will turn to shoot, but preferrably without allowing the enemy ability to shoot back. It's a leigitmate and very useful frigate tactic and OW tactic. But in Port Battles you're meant to stand your ground to defend an area, and kiting would mean leaving that area and forfeiting control.

With the current port battle win conditions kiting is often a go to tactic for port defence, but the circle at least prevents you from running forever in the same direction.

You cannot disengage.. out of some fictitious ring along with 5 other guys chasing me and I suddenly lose all armor and sink.   

You cannot disengage in this game is complete CRAP ... Officially Denouncing this game in the Steam Forums 

epic rage post, especially since its in alpha

• 2 weeks later...