Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.95 - Social perk and other important changes

admin

Now we are on our own, all new players. I hope "return back" means also soon, not soonish. You could just reduce the time of social perk to 5-10 minutes to not make it so ridiculous.

I sure wonder how old players managed to survive such an unfair brutal world. Yeah.

• Like 2

you have not provided any specifics. lets not use Le Ocean then. Lets use victory vs santisima.

They are the same class - first rate ship of the line. What are the specific difference you are talking about. In numbers. 

Apologies for not using raw numbers, I will attempt to answer as best I can looking at the wiki stats.

I thought it was far better balanced in terms of feel when there was more differentiation between the armour and thickness the time where the victory had the advantage at 200m and the Santissima had the advantage at around 100m felt pretty good. Really at the moment the Santissima has almost an absolute advantage over the victory should it be used properly the fact they have the speed advantage which with proper sail management really takes off the slight advantage naturally given to the victory.

My main concern is Armour Thickness, uniformally giving the 3 the first rates 75cm just seems a little odd, we know that the santissima is a little bit thinner by about an inch, its also more noticably flimsy when considering the overall construction, so perhaps dropping its armour values by 2cm and a difference of about 500-750hp would be worthwhile in comparison to victory. When it comes to Ocean I don't really know much about it but looking at the stats you give it the idea of a sluggish tank ship that goes in and soaks up damage would be fun, it looks like its in a good place right now but would probably benefit with a slight advantage of 1 or maybe 2cm over the victory.

Another high concern is the Speed stats, its well documented the victory, when fully loaded and armed would often reach a speed of 11kn, the Santissima 11.5 or so and Le Ocean around 10. it would be nice to see this in the game too.

Damage output looks and seems around right for each ship. I don't think that really needs changing.

Turn rate and general agility also looks good to me.

Heeling seems balanced on the victory and santissima, although I can't comment on the Le'Ocean.

As a break down into what I personally would like to see, Victory should be a 1st rate that feels a lot like a big 2nd/3rd rate, she should sail well, be able to control distance and be great at around 150-200m, Santissima should be a bit more of a glass wrecking ball, it should sweep in, devastate and then get to a safer place while it reloads, almost like a hit and run shock type ship on a huge scale. Le 'Ocean should be a huge hulk of a ship that goes in like a floating fortress, gets in the way and soaks up damage while not dealing quite as much as the other two, which works well with its 36lbs. Thats just my opinion anyway.

Hope this helps, thank you for your time and effort you and the rest of the team put into this game :)

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

Restrict ship for Nation is a good idea But for now it's useless to put this in you only stuck 80% of player that have a victory or at santi in all other nation look french side for exemple with your new update they don't have anymore any 1 rate to use seem for dutch or Danish or Pirates i think you should fait for put this in because there is honestly not enough ship from all nation ...

Restrict ship for Nation is a good idea But for now it's useless to put this in you only stuck 80% of player that have a victory or at santi in all other nation look french side for exemple with your new update they don't have anymore any 1 rate to use seem for dutch or Danish or Pirates i think you should fait for put this in because there is honestly not enough ship from all nation ...

alliances and smuggling handle this. 

Everyone wants less first rates for others - but more first rates for him :). There is only one natural limiter - availability of a certain good that limits the first rates. 

• Like 3

Please give BP Ocean for the french nation, or we will be unable to craft 1st rate...unbalanced game

Please don't cry the dutch swedish american and danish don't have anything related stoo crying thank you (they should have the priviledge to craft the ships without the insane amount

Ilike this hotfix. Cant wait for the results to take effect and for the rest of the patch and sols to be introduced so all nations can have one. Anything to make fleets look more in line with normal and to make all ships viable options is good by me. Its silly seeing the equivalent of 25 battleship fleets everywhere.

Im not worried about the temporary imbalance this will create since im guessing more updates will give all factions easy access to a 1st rate and we have a reset comming soon and a wipe comming in not to long.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Thank you for ridding us of that social perk. It was purely a PvP killer. The intentions were good, but human nature is a bitch. I never saw anyone " come to some poor gankee's rescue". Instead it was " let's pile in because this poor fool has the social perk and is sailing his 1st rate alone!"

P.s- everybody wants more and cheaper stuff ALREADY! I feel bad for you admin when the easy money a goods faucet gets turned off once testing is over. These threads will be brutal!

Edited by Vernon Merrill

alliances and smuggling handle this. 

Everyone wants less first rates for others - but more first rates for him :). There is only one natural limiter - availability of a certain good that limits the first rates. 

i think before put that in game you should work of équilibrate player in all nation because it's honestly bad to see how many are in GB and how many are in other nations wih the update you just put in you just give them big advantage to GB but well maybe the day the GB will take all and other player of other nation is all go of a other game you will maybe better understand ;)

English need to do nothing. Spanish too. Others need 4 hours of sailing with smuggler? Capturing trader snow with 48 iberian meet in? Multiple ways yes, but fair ways? totally not.

For the sailing times it will provide more things to do for privateers and pirates that like to hunt traders, won't be 4 Hours anyways

As for the goods themselves ... EU traders anyone ?? Those should be removed for National goods if we follow any logic, too early for this right now but yeah right now it will only increase the price of some ships and need people to take some little risks to bring that stuff out a regional capital to a free town then use deliveries system or just sail, not like Iberian meat or tea weights a lot anyways ...

For the sailing times it will provide more things to do for privateers and pirates, won't be 4 Hours anyways

As for the goods themselves ... EU traders anyone ?? Those should be removed for National goods if we follow any logic, too early for this right now but yeah right now it will only increase the price of some ships and need peopel to same some little risks to bring that stuff out a regional capital to a free town then use deliveries system ...

gradually... gradually.. then suddenly.

changes must be soft initially. Current change will increase traffic on the OW, requiring more effort to make ships of the line. New regional map will allow to create some regions which will witness a lot of fighting for. (Like Virginia for live oak)

What should be changed though is this: sweden, denmark, and holland should have their useless resources replaced by indian tea, wine and iberian meat temporarily. 

• Like 7

Pirates should not be able to make SOL any way, now capture them on the other hand.....

Edited by Sir Texas SIr
  • Like 2

gradually... gradually.. then suddenly.

changes must be soft initially. Current change will increase traffic on the OW, requiring more effort to make ships of the line. New regional map will allow to create some regions which will witness a lot of fighting for. (Like Virginia for live oak)

What should be changed though is this: sweden, denmark, and holland should have their useless resources replaced by indian tea, wine and iberian meat temporarily. 

True, or allow the BP recipes to use either tea for Brits or Swedish iron or Danish beer and Batavian Spices for other Nations , not sure how it is possible to add this in game code, maybe duplicated BP's based on the owner Nationality .

Still some will be able to craft all if you allow productions of everything for those having no National ships, when others will be limited to one single resource in them homelands, unless you wanted to say one single resource replaced by Nation one arbitrary, this will do, some may complain they wanted another resource tho :P 

Then if Holland get posibility to do 1 rate they will attaquing french regional capital because they can't be defended long because not posibility for french to make 1 rate because of your update that's nice idea ;)

I like the capital ship national resource needs.

But my suggestion to replace social perk would be:

I prefer a time bubble. That can be sailed in and out of at will with a measurable distance delay when entering the bubble according to the time taken to sail to that time bubble.

i.e. if you sailed for 10 minutes to get to the battle. You start 10 minutes away from where the combatants "STARTED" the battle. Simple and effective.

This also kind of prevents most people feeling the need to wait outside, if they can dive right in.

you have not provided any specifics. lets not use Le Ocean then. Lets use victory vs santisima.

They are the same class - first rate ship of the line. What are the specific difference you are talking about. In numbers. 

You're the guys who insisted on making Santissima fast.  :ph34r:

I am disappointed with the social perk being disabled. I enjoyed being able to join battles. I understand people don't want to be ganked, but to not be able to support your friends in a fight when they have been ganked is equally irritating.

Also I'm against the 1st rate changes UNTIL every nation has a 1st rate.

• Like 8

I am disappointed with the social perk being disabled. I enjoyed being able to join battles. I understand people don't want to be ganked, but to not be able to support your friends in a fight when they have been ganked is equally irritating.

Also I'm against the 1st rate changes UNTIL every nation has a 1st rate.

Agree with Teutonic. I think that the aforementioned replacement of national resources for nations without national first rates should have been done along with these changes. Since it's coming (and the first rates for them), and since we'll have a port reset soon, I think people are overreacting to these changes. Social perk did need some reworking, let's wait and see what they come up with. I do believe that being unable to help friends can ruin gaming experience for a lot of players, so we do need something in place of this perk. 

• Like 2