Game-Labs Forum

Spain is at War

Senhor Lenhador

I think big Spanish clans can get enough votes for an alliance with Britain if needed to pretend it's a forced alliance?

Are you saying everybody should stop voting, so the diplomats can sort things out again? :D

Are you saying everybody should stop voting, so the diplomats can sort things out again? :D

heh, democracy is never a good thing.  :P

people can vote, but if such an agreement is reached, then on the enxt vote it would have to be party (or clan in this instance) discipline when voting for alliances.

I have nothing against French or Danes, far from it, but it would be within some roleplay, would allow Spanish players to play and at the same time all the British, US and Dutch organization and effort put into latest conquest would not have been in vain and would have strategical merit.

Also, that way we wouldn't have to wait for several weeks for port wipe to start playing normally again as Spain (and if this situation happened twice already it will happen a third time after port wipe, until new conquest mechanics are implemented).

Well, how about some roleplay here?

Spain has been defeated. Our king has been forced to make concessions, we were humiliated, etc.

Treaty should be reached by which Spain will get its ports back and be forced to ally with the UK and that forced alliance should last at least a month (2 weeks, a week, no idea how much time would be good).

That way Brits get something strategical with winning this one, Spain gets to play again, there are some welcome changes of scenery in who fights whom and this way in the future all allies in all alliances will get an incentive to help their allies or else their once allies might be forced to turn against them.

I think big Spanish clans can get enough votes for an alliance with Britain if needed to pretend it's a forced alliance?

No.

We do what we can. Some days we have the numbers, some days we haven't. Since we are limited in outposts and the spanish have wierd timers we are either too far or too late to help. Our council is discussing about what we can do to help our Spanish friends. To them we say don't loose hope, having lived the same situation we know what you are going through

Many French players have outposts in Cayman Brac, I know some have outposts in Tumbado too, you are able to send a 22 ships fleet to Jamaica, barely 3 minutes away from our capital like seen recently, it takes barely more sailing time to get there than go help the Spanish cities attacked in Cuba, yet you choose to attack the Dutch massively instead of helping your allies by just keeping a defense force able to push back a potential attack on your territories...

You had the possibility to help them, most Brits, Dutch or US sailed from more far away to help participating in this than what you could have done from your outposts in Cayman Brac, you choose to profit of the chaos situation in Spanish waters to take more ports from the Dutch instead of giving a hand to the Spanish...

And then some of you say such stuff too in another thread : 

When they will be on us, you will be allowed to get back your port and when the ave will move back on you we will recapture our ports.

It's the idea of an alliance, if we succed to keep together, the wave will just make us wet and we will be dry soon after...

Show perfectly the strategy you have toward you allies ...

You did not even needed entire fleets to help defend your allies, individuals could jump in PB and help directly like we saw with our allies coming spontaneously asking if help was needed, you could have screened in small groups and prevented some of us to enter PB's, with no need of coordination with Spanish players, could have been done independently from the Spanish counter-actions, heck 4 allies ships prevented 17 Spanish ships to enter a PB, and while this one was most probably the result of a strategical bad decision or organization problem from the Spanish it shows that every ships can count in such war, even small groups.

You choose to do absolutely northing to help them, keeping your routine, there was battles at every times of the day from EU morning to late at night, during all those times the only French reported where around Jamaica supermarket picking up isolated targets as they do daily after spawning at Cayman Brac.

Your port defenses are almost all in the same time frame, during all the rest of the day you choose to stay spectator of this in your corner of the map, then at night you decided to serve your own interests by attacking the Dutch massively instead of only switching to a defensive stance requiring less players available there, please don't try to be the white knight coming now saying how things are bad or broken and rewriting the history when your actions served only your own interests in your own waters instead of helping even just a little your friends, you had many occasions to do so, you choose to not help them, at all ...

• Like 2

The French navy really liked Spain to be their allies when they attacked us preventing more Brits to join our Dutch allies in their defense against France. But when shit hit the fan for Spain their alliance was worth nothing...

I have seen tons of Spanish ships during the panama war when the French started their first tour of the Caribbean. Never seen a French ship west of Caymen brac, other then when they toured the map running from us.

Edited by Chimera

Well, I would like to give my humble opinion here. Not the Spanish faction opinion, just only mine (although I guess a lot would agree)

What happened last weekend was produced by:

a) it was the last weekend of this summer, people wanted to relax, go to the beach, have some fun partying and all of that, so spanish players online were at minimum numbers.

B) A really good job by the brits and their allies that could be carried out with the minimum oposition.

c) The attacks overwhelmed the few Spanish captains online, so disorganization was understandable.

But, all that said, I want to go further.

After friday night, Spain had (I don't remember the numbers) let's say about 45 ports. Today, Spain has 11 ports.

Do you think it should be possible this kind of loss in just 2 days? I think something is wrong when you fight your best and you lose all you achieved in just a summer weekend.

Ok, doesn't matter. Let's try to recapture ports. We want to fight and ......wait, what kind of timers are those? All ports surrounding La Habana and our first steps to grow again are set to 4-6 am or even worse.

Really? I repeat: really? Do you really need that kind of behaviour? It seems that everything is allowed in order to win.....no matter what you do, only thing that really matters is that the Spanish are forced to wake up in the middle of the night if they want to grow again and have some fun.

I can accept all that ... but it was also the last holiday weekend in the UK ..you are not the only nation in Europe that have holidays and want to have fun with your families ... I cannot spend every day/evening fighting multiple battles ..two hours fighting  on cuba ... then an hour defending placer ... then a further two hours fighting for Bani against Danes ... followed by a defence of guama against pirates ...and all the sailing around in between . so we have to pick our fights ,,, unfortunately for Spain you were first in the queue... mainly because of  threads like this and you complaining about perceived exploits that dont exist ...if you think the game is broken and unfair take it up with the devs ...why expect us to do you a favour ..we tried that we gave you time to rebuild and ports back through the 3 admirals treaty and you repaid that with the declaration of war that started this thread  ..its been repeated many times on this thread we took a lot of your ports with less than 3-4 ships ..thats not a zerg .... I dont remember the americans complaining like you do when spain and the pirates  took  most of the US ports ... did you set them to US timers so they had a chance ? i dont think so ..

take some ports off the pirates if you want some  gaming fun ... we are not the only nation you have to fight

all said and done ..its going to all change in a few weeks anyway

• Like 2

If Spain needs a Euro opponent, what do we do?

A question that keeps puzzling me is, considering the language of most of Central and South America, is why does Spain need only a European foe? It seems like there is something amiss with that line of thought.

A question that keeps puzzling me is, considering the language of most of Central and South America, is why does Spain need only a European foe? It seems like there is something amiss with that line of thought.

That's why I asked if there is no southern American community in the game?

I know of several Brasilians playing we have at least 2 within British Royal Vanguard, I know of several Argentines playing for Spain. I have been on the receiving end of a deal of vitriol for killing one.

hehehe, Brasilians speak Portugese, not Spanish.   :P

• Like 1

To Kanay, Chimera and the other camtains saying approximatly the same thing:

It's clear to me you are trying to upset the balance of the server again by bullying Spain into submission while berating it's allies in hope the Spanish while do your biding and change side.

In the end you're just pushing them out of the game and the rest will just hate you for it.

Plain and simple.

Oh btw, the French have no lessons to take from you.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Still not really all that sure why people are at all surprised or shocked. We don't wish to fight the Spanish whatsoever, but they will never (in real terms) be anything but enemies towards GB. That is their own choice, repeatedly tedious as it is.

So, we instead force them to fight at hellish timers in the morning so we don't have to look to defending the west.

Bullshit conduct codes are all nice and well, but only when certain nations obey it. There is no obligation to follow what other plays deem "correct". And I severely doubt if the shoe was on the other foot that it would be followed.

"Zerging" as people have said before was actually just small groups of organised allied forces taking ports with minimum effort.

Many thanks have to be given for the significant aid that GB received during the offensive by our allies in VP and the U.S.

Regards.

Still not really all that sure why people are at all surprised or shocked. We don't wish to fight the Spanish whatsoever, but they will never (in real terms) be anything but enemies towards GB. That is their own choice, repeatedly tedious as it is.

So, we instead force them to fight at hellish timers in the morning so we don't have to look to defending the west.

Bullshit conduct codes are all nice and well, but only when certain nations obey it. There is no obligation to follow what other plays deem "correct". And I severely doubt if the shoe was on the other foot that it would be followed.

"Zerging" as people have said before was actually just small groups of organised allied forces taking ports with minimum effort.

Many thanks have to be given for the significant aid that GB received during the offensive by our allies in VP and the U.S.

Regards.

This dear Sir is a bullshit post that shows the morality of some players is very low.

• Like 1

It's clear to me you are trying to upset the balance of the server again by bullying Spain into submission while berating it's allies in hope the Spanish while do your biding and change side.

In the end you're just pushing them out of the game and the rest will just hate you for it.

Plain and simple.

All I'm saying: stop being so self righteous and start helping your allies instead of looking for fault in everybody else.

Tenahka, I don't think you realise just how much apathy there is amongst GB towards fighting the Spanish.

We don't want to have to bother dealing with them, precisely because it distacts s from fighting elsewhere. (And the Spanish on top of that are damned good at shooting sails.)

We are under no obligation to provide others with gameplay when we ourselves have no enjoyment out of it.

Imagine having another faction alike an of the U.S./VP/GB sat on the east of Fort Royal, which you can never truly negotitate with, stop fighting with for any real difference in diplomatic attitudes, or actually enjoy playing against.

I doubt the French would be so condescending in that situation.

P.S. I don't exactly care much for my own morality. Ask any other British and/or allied player which has had the misfortune of listening to me on TS.

See? You are more constructive when you are pushed :P

For a minute put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself: "what would I do?"

I'm curious

Plain and simple.

I am personally not trying to do anything, surely not what you describe, just exposing facts from my point of view with what i saw from my point of view as a lone pubbie player who tried to participate helping in this ( i have a clan tag but it's a one man clan to profit of the clan warehouse, i am alone by myself in game ) nothing else, our allies made a huge effort to help us, leaving them home waters less defended to help us, this while they were under massive attacks, Spain allies done nothing beside defending them own interests in them own waters, you did not even tried, not a single Captain was seen trying to help.

Now don't come saying I try to turn up the things the other way around when facts are facts, just speaking for myself not in the name of anybody else, I am not trying to achieve anything here, nor giving any lessons, just fed up to read some stuff while you done nothing to try help them defend and now try to put all blame on us for this.

Like said previously i am not really happy with this situation, I am not feasting after seeing Spain loosing those ports, i am not happy, especially not for all public players in Spain not involved in diplomacy and stuff that now feel hammered by the Brits and them allies, quite the opposite in fact, but i won't keep my mouth closed when i hear/read some things from them allies while in the actions i participated i saw none of them even trying to help a little while at the same time they deployed large forces in them own waters  ...

Take your own responsibility for decisions and choices made, don't blame others for pointing out facts.

• Like 2

Just a reminder, if you guys can't stay respectful to some extend towards each other i will close down this topic and hand out warnings to people who continue to behave inappropriate.

This section requires a thicker skin, yet that does not mean one can all-out insult people or make unacceptable statements.

Consider this a general request to improve the attitude in here.

• Like 4

In reality, the results today is not surprising.

English occupies a central position for hitting opponents where they want but, hegemonically shifted west so as not to fear the three nations to the east. This is also why the English choice is called "easy."

The English account, alone, 35% of players, giving them a coordinated strike force unparalleled.

The most powerful force of its opponents, the France with 17%, comes up against a force equivalent, the Netherlands, binding both to a daily defense strategy.

English coalition represents 55% of the population of the server and is the only one to have forces to exploit blocking timers and attack undefended ports.

The Spaniards only 10% of the population of the game, despite their courage and their will can not resist because, completely isolated in the west.

When the Spaniards, discouraged, will  have massively left the game, the English can easily attack where they want and do the same thing with any another nation with the same result.

Therefore, this game will be balanced again when the port attack system has evolved, too, especially if the Spanish capital is moved to an area closer to its natural allies, Cartagena de Indias or Portobello. Which would, moreover, more in line with Spanish Caribbean in the late eighteenth century.

Consequently, English friends, have the decency to not pretend teaching strategy to your opponents and do not burden them under the arrogance of the victor.

Alanxo Basque Privateer

Edited by Alanxo
  • Like 4

I know that most English players can understand and accept these words gracefully. That's why I will not respond to small pugs, we all have the same, that will undoubtedly re react because my speech is not addressed to them.

Alanxo Basque Privateer